Subject: [Tigers] Bezel fix

From: Jerry Christopherson via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 18:35:00 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_047B_01D8C156.38A2EF20"

------=_NextPart_001_047B_01D8C156.38A2EF20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Seems as though my original post disappeared into lala land!  The post was
about what I did to cure the issue concerning the early headlight bezels
popping off at the most inappropriate time - like mine did some years ago!
Some time ago, there was a discussion  about drilling a hole in an original
Tiger part- a big No No in my opinion!  So here is what I did.  I took a
length of fishing line (very strong 65 lb. test) and fed it through the
small loop (roll) in the headlight bezel (the part that snaps onto the part
that is fastened to the fender).   I then tied a knot and left several
inches of line (6-8inches each side should be enough).  It wouldn't hurt to
put a drop of Super glue on the knot.  Now carefully, with the bezel in
place with a small gap at the bottom, tie the two ends around the piece that
is attached to the fender. It's tight - the more nimble your fingers are the
better.  The distance is about an inch or so - the closer the better.  Then
tie a good knot and then some Super Glue to keep the knot from unraveling
(actually I used Bondic). Now if the Bezel pops out it can't come all the
way off.   A word about the fishing line - it's actually braided and
extremely strong.   I bought it at Walmart some time ago.  I've found many
uses for it.  I'm enclosing a picture of the fish line package.  Also a
picture of the installed line.  It was very hard to get a close enough
picture - o it's kind  of upside down.

Jerry Christopherson

TAC Insp. #58

 

------=_NextPart_001_047B_01D8C156.38A2EF20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Seems as =
though my original post disappeared into lala land!&nbsp; The post was =
about what I did to cure the issue concerning the early headlight bezels =
popping off at the most inappropriate time - like mine did some years =
ago!&nbsp; Some time ago, there was a discussion &nbsp;about drilling a =
hole in an original Tiger part- a big No No in my opinion! &nbsp;So here =
is what I did.&nbsp; I took a length of fishing line (very strong 65 lb. =
test) and fed it through the small loop (roll) in the headlight bezel =
(the part that snaps onto the part that is fastened to the fender). =
&nbsp;&nbsp;I then tied a knot and left several inches of line =
(6-8inches each side should be enough).&nbsp; It wouldn&#8217;t hurt to =
put a drop of Super glue on the knot.&nbsp; Now carefully, with the =
bezel in place with a small gap at the bottom, tie the two ends around =
the piece that is attached to the fender. It&#8217;s tight - the more =
nimble your fingers are the better.&nbsp; The distance is about an inch =
or so - the closer the better.&nbsp; Then tie a good knot and then some =
Super Glue to keep the knot from unraveling (actually I used Bondic). =
Now if the Bezel pops out it can&#8217;t come all the way =
off.&nbsp;&nbsp; A word about the fishing line - it&#8217;s actually =
braided and extremely strong.&nbsp; &nbsp;I bought it at Walmart some =
time ago.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve found many uses for it.&nbsp; I&#8217;m =
enclosing a picture of the fish line package. &nbsp;Also a picture of =
the installed line. &nbsp;It was very hard to get a close enough picture =
- o it&#8217;s kind &nbsp;of upside down.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Jerry =
Christopherson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>TAC Insp. =
#58<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_047B_01D8C156.38A2EF20--

------=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20
	name="IMG_1001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_1001.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20
	name="IMG_1002.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_1002.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_047A_01D8C156.38A2EF20--