Subject: [Tigers] Center grille badge

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 14:51:04 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1752251221413925042==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8B6FF.C5ED7960"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8B6FF.C5ED7960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey, everyone:

I went to replace my tired-looking center grille badge on my Mk1A with a
repro badge, but the repro badge doesn't have the inset side like the
original to accept the stock retaining clips.  If I remove the clips, the
repro badge fits perfectly into the hole but there is no means of retaining
it there.

For those of you out there who have replaced these, how did you affix the
repro badge?  I can see no way to attach it by using the stock clips without
first modifying the sides of the badge to accept the clips.  Are we left
with just using something like a silicone gasket product to hold it in
place?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

B382001600LRXFE

TAC #740

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8B6FF.C5ED7960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hey, everyone:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I went to =
replace my tired-looking center grille badge on my Mk1A with a repro =
badge, but the repro badge doesn&#8217;t have the inset side like the =
original to accept the stock retaining clips.&nbsp; If I remove the =
clips, the repro badge fits perfectly into the hole but there is no =
means of retaining it there.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>For those of =
you out there who have replaced these, how did you affix the repro =
badge?&nbsp; I can see no way to attach it by using the stock clips =
without first modifying the sides of the badge to accept the =
clips.&nbsp; Are we left with just using something like a silicone =
gasket product to hold it in place?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
any suggestions,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andy =
Walker<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Edmond, OK<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>B382001600LRXFE<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TAC =
#740<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8B6FF.C5ED7960--

--===============1752251221413925042==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============1752251221413925042==--