Subject: [Tigers] Wheel back side Color...

From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 16:36:59 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3207779011835492548==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0082_01D871E7.FE084AD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01D871E7.FE084AD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Gasp, I was WRONG!  I earlier today said my OEM steel wheels, which came
with the car I have owned since Jan 1967, are not what I though they were. I
got all of the wheels down from the storage area in my shop today and oh
dang. The insides are all painted black! From the factory.  The car is a Mk
I that the records say was manufactured in I thinit was Sept 0r 1964 or
there abouts. The last for numbers of the vin are 1136 so that should
identify the actual time and day. I found in my pile a brand new 4 core
copper core I bought from CAT in the late 60's.  And an unwrapped CAT roll
bar, never installed.  A pair of still in oil paper  wrap, front brake
rotors.  2 sets of used upper and lower A arms. I have my front hub caps and
beauty rings as well.  The OEM anti roll bar and one of those rear bolt in
ones as well.   I stock piled a lot of stuff because one day in the fairly
near future I will cease.  And maybe before that sell my Tiger with lots of
stuff. I mean lots of stuff, lol. Not for sale yet as I want to add a
throttle body EFI system in replacement of a card. I need to find another
F4b or Eboc victor manifold and then get a Holley efi set up as a carb.   I
also have  a low gear applicable Positrac which I used with a ring and pinon
set up: 4.55:1 gears. Lemme ell ya,, this is only good for drag racing,
street  light to street light racing or auto cross. I tried driving it that
way to and from work but a screaming 289 finally convinced me that this was
not the thing to do, lol. It is currently available for trade for a positrac
for the high gear ratio gear sets from 3.54:1 to 2.88 :1.  I have the gears
s, will swap the gears and limited slip for a 2.88 rear gear compatible posi
limited slip.   I have a complete rear end that is dying to get back into
the car it came with. Currently has a 3.54:1 with posi in a second rear end,
which I will keep with car when it comes up for sale. .   

In any case

The inside of my Mk I wheels are black.. Oh, the infamy of it...

mayf

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01D871E7.FE084AD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Gasp, I was WRONG!&nbsp; I =
earlier today said my OEM steel wheels, which came with the car I have =
owned since Jan 1967, are not what I though they were. I got all of the =
wheels down from the storage area in my shop today and oh dang. The =
insides are all painted black! From the factory.&nbsp; The car is a Mk I =
that the records say was manufactured in I thinit was Sept 0r 1964 or =
there abouts. The last for numbers of the vin are 1136 so that should =
identify the actual time and day. I found in my pile a brand new 4 core =
copper core I bought from CAT in the late 60&#8217;s. &nbsp;And an =
unwrapped CAT roll bar, never installed. &nbsp;A pair of still in oil =
paper &nbsp;wrap, front brake rotors.&nbsp; 2 sets of used upper and =
lower A arms. I have my front hub caps and beauty rings as well.&nbsp; =
The OEM anti roll bar and one of those rear bolt in ones as =
well.&nbsp;&nbsp; I stock piled a lot of stuff because one day in the =
fairly near future I will cease.&nbsp; And maybe before that sell my =
Tiger with lots of stuff. I mean lots of stuff, lol. Not for sale yet as =
I want to add a throttle body EFI system in replacement of a card. I =
need to find another F4b or Eboc victor manifold and then get a Holley =
efi set up as a carb.&nbsp; &nbsp;I also have&nbsp; a low gear =
applicable Positrac which I used with a ring and pinon set up: 4.55:1 =
gears. Lemme ell ya,, this is only good for drag racing, street =
&nbsp;light to street light racing or auto cross. I tried driving it =
that way to and from work but a screaming 289 finally convinced me that =
this was not the thing to do, lol. It is currently available for trade =
for a positrac for the high gear ratio gear sets from 3.54:1 to 2.88 :1. =
&nbsp;I have the gears s, will swap the gears and limited slip for a =
2.88 rear gear compatible posi limited slip.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a =
complete rear end that is dying to get back into the car it came with. =
Currently has a 3.54:1 with posi in a second rear end, which I will keep =
with car when it comes up for sale. .&nbsp; &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>In any =
case<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal> The inside of my Mk I wheels are black&#8230;. Oh, =
the infamy of it&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0082_01D871E7.FE084AD0--

--===============3207779011835492548==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============3207779011835492548==--