Subject: [Tigers] Flywheel

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:07:19 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0012_01D7E08C.936768B0"

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01D7E08C.936768B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Does anyone have their original Tiger engine 260 or 289 Flywheel out and
available for inspection?

Here is a picture of my 260 flywheel - please note the CF logo, Ford logo,
casting # C3OE-6380B and date code 4M16 = Dec 16, 1964.

Also note the black circled area just above the counter weight, there is a
stamp mark here.

For the 260 I was expecting a stamped circle with an A inside - what I found
was totally different - see 2nd picture - a partial 78 inside a partial
hexagon.

I expect the Tiger 289 flywheel has the same casting # C3OE-6380B, stamped
with an F inside a circle.

So, the question is - how is your original flywheel marked?

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01D7E08C.936768B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Does anyone have their original Tiger engine 260 or =
289 Flywheel out and available for inspection?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Here is a =
picture of my 260 flywheel &#8211; please note the CF logo, Ford logo, =
casting # C3OE-6380B and date code 4M16 =3D Dec 16, =
1964.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Also note the black circled =
area just above the counter weight, there is a stamp mark =
here.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For the 260 I was expecting a stamped circle with an A =
inside &#8211; what I found was totally different &#8211; see =
2<sup>nd</sup> picture &#8211; a partial 78 inside a partial =
hexagon.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I expect the Tiger 289 flywheel has the same casting # =
C3OE-6380B, stamped with an F inside a circle.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, the =
question is - how is your original flywheel marked?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0012_01D7E08C.936768B0--

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0
	name="100_5091.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5091.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0
	name="100_5076.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5076.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7E08C.936768B0--