Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319

From: backbodkin1--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:27:01 +0000

--===============3812649444662078779==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BLAPR19MB4626D7A96A41ED22155CAF38F0959BLAPR19MB4626namp_"

--_000_BLAPR19MB4626D7A96A41ED22155CAF38F0959BLAPR19MB4626namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim, you are correct. The vynil tube connects to the fuel pump vent. I pres=
ume the thinking was the air in the trunk was cleaner than that under the c=
ar.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>
________________________________
From: Tigers <[email-masked]> on behalf of tigers-request@au=
tox.team.net <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 11:02:21 AM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319

Send Tigers mailing list submissions to
        [email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Tigers digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. trunk plastic tube (James Armstrong)
   2. Re: trunk plastic tube (Dave Munroe)
   3. Re: trunk plastic tube (jim)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:13:53 +0000 (UTC)
From: James Armstrong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube

Hello friends,
?As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with=
 which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.?=
Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a c=
lear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a very sm=
all rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected to th=
e little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of the wall.?Can =
anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to go.?
Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC # 0763
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/76d36dd8/=
attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:38:56 -0400
From: Dave Munroe <[email-masked]>
To: James Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube
Message-ID:
        <CA+mjxLEpiy=3DSOCghu4eYpGGeGkgUqzkTHoh408B=[email-masked]=
.com>

Jim;

 I think that tube is supposed to be connected to the fume vent "harness"
for the battery.
That is how that clear hose is connected on my Tiger.

Dave

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance wit=
h
> which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.
> Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a
> clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a very
> small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected t=
o
> the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of the wall.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to
> go.?
>
> Jim Armstrong
> Mk 1A
> 382002083 LRXFE
> Code 86
> TAC # 0763
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/0ab30e32/=
attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:02:13 -0800
From: "jim" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Dave Munroe'" <[email-masked]>, "'James Armstrong'"
        <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube

My car had that small diameter tube coming out of the back trunk wall but w=
asn?t connected to anything?

The battery vent hose is bigger and exits through the grommet on the trunk =
floor as in this pic

Jim

B382000446

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dave Munroe via T=
igers
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 7:39 AM
To: James Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube

Jim;

 I think that tube is supposed to be connected to the fume vent "harness" f=
or the battery.

That is how that clear hose is connected on my Tiger.

Dave

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers <[email-masked]=

Hello friends,

As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with =
which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.

Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a c=
lear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a very sm=
all rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected to th=
e little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of the wall.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to g=
o.?

Jim Armstrong

Mk 1A

382002083 LRXFE

Code 86

TAC # 0763

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb08ad/=
attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: battery cap 1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 103719 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb08ad/=
attachment.jpg>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Tigers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

------------------------------

End of Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319
***************************************

--_000_BLAPR19MB4626D7A96A41ED22155CAF38F0959BLAPR19MB4626namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
<div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"direction: ltr; margin: 0; padding: 0; font-fami=
ly: sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: black; ">
Jim, you are correct. The vynil tube connects to the fuel pump vent. I pres=
ume the thinking was the air in the trunk was cleaner than that under the c=
ar.
<span id=3D"ms-outlook-android-cursor"></span></div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature">Get <a href=3D"https://aka.ms/ghei3=
6">Outlook for Android</a></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Tigers &lt;tigers-bou=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;tige=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Friday, November 12, 2021 11:02:21 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;=
">
<div class=3D"PlainText">Send Tigers mailing list submissions to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/listinfo/tigers">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers</a>=
<br>
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br=
<br>
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>
than &quot;Re: Contents of Tigers digest...&quot;<br>
<br>
<br>
Today's Topics:<br>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. trunk plastic tube (James Armstrong)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: trunk plastic tube (Dave Munroe)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: trunk plastic tube (jim)<br>
<br>
<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:13:53 +0000 (UTC)<br>
From: James Armstrong &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>
<br>
Hello friends,<br>
?As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with=
 which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.?=
Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a c=
lear (now yellowed) PVC tube of
 a small diameter. It came through a very small rubber gasket and seemed li=
ke it should be (but wasn't) connected to the little goose neck on the SU f=
uel pump on the other side of the wall.?Can anyone confirm that this is the=
 case? If not, where is it supposed
 to go.?<br>
Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC # 0763<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/2021=
1112/76d36dd8/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/a=
ttachments/20211112/76d36dd8/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 2<br>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:38:56 -0400<br>
From: Dave Munroe &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: James Armstrong &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>
Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;CA+mjxLEpiy=3DSOCghu4eYpGGeG=
kgUqzkTHoh408B=[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<br>
Jim;<br>
<br>
&nbsp;I think that tube is supposed to be connected to the fume vent &quot;=
harness&quot;<br>
for the battery.<br>
That is how that clear hose is connected on my Tiger.<br>
<br>
Dave<br>
<br>
On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers &lt;<br>
[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance =
with<br>
&gt; which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the batte=
ry.<br>
&gt; Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I notice=
d a<br>
&gt; clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a v=
ery<br>
&gt; small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connecte=
d to<br>
&gt; the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of the wal=
l.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed=
 to<br>
&gt; go.?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Jim Armstrong<br>
&gt; Mk 1A<br>
&gt; 382002083 LRXFE<br>
&gt; Code 86<br>
&gt; TAC # 0763<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; [email-masked]<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.ne=
t/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.t=
eam.net/pipermail/tigers</a><br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/d=
[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/2021=
1112/0ab30e32/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/a=
ttachments/20211112/0ab30e32/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 3<br>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:02:13 -0800<br>
From: &quot;jim&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: &quot;'Dave Munroe'&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &quot;'James Armstron=
g'&quot;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>
<br>
My car had that small diameter tube coming out of the back trunk wall but w=
asn?t connected to anything?<br>
<br>
The battery vent hose is bigger and exits through the grommet on the trunk =
floor as in this pic<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Jim<br>
<br>
B382000446<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
From: Tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt; On Behalf Of Dave Munroe=
 via Tigers<br>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 7:39 AM<br>
To: James Armstrong &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Jim;<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
&nbsp;I think that tube is supposed to be connected to the fume vent &quot;=
harness&quot; for the battery.
<br>
<br>
That is how that clear hose is connected on my Tiger.<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Dave<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers &lt;tigers@auto=
x.team.net &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:tigers@autox=
.team.net</a>&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
Hello friends,<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with =
which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.
<br>
<br>
Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a c=
lear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a very sm=
all rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected to th=
e little goose neck on the SU fuel
 pump on the other side of the wall.<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to g=
o.?<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Jim Armstrong<br>
<br>
Mk 1A<br>
<br>
382002083 LRXFE<br>
<br>
Code 86<br>
<br>
TAC # 0763<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked] &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:t=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;
<br>
<br>
ate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/tigers</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>=
<br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/dave@m=
unroe.ca">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/2021=
1112/f5eb08ad/attachment.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attach=
ments/20211112/f5eb08ad/attachment.htm</a>&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...<br>
Name: battery cap 1.jpg<br>
Type: image/jpeg<br>
Size: 103719 bytes<br>
Desc: not available<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/2021=
1112/f5eb08ad/attachment.jpg">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attach=
ments/20211112/f5eb08ad/attachment.jpg</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Subject: Digest Footer<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Tigers mailing list<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers</a><br>
<br>
ate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/tigers</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>=
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
End of Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319<br>
***************************************<br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BLAPR19MB4626D7A96A41ED22155CAF38F0959BLAPR19MB4626namp_--

--===============3812649444662078779==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============3812649444662078779==--

---

From: jim via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:34:54 -0800 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00D5_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00D6_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0"

------=_NextPart_001_00D6_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I wondered about the irony of venting fuel 'fumes' into the battery
compartment but apparently it's just there for a dry, clean source of 'air'
. I found this explanation and although it's about MGBs , it explains the
function

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of backbodkin1--- via
Tigers
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 8:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319

Jim, you are correct. The vynil tube connects to the fuel pump vent. I
presume the thinking was the air in the trunk was cleaner than that under
the car. 

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> 

  _____  

From: Tigers <[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 11:02:21 AM
Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319 

Today's Topics:

Message: 1

Hello friends,
?As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with
which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the
battery.?Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I
noticed a clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through
a very small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't)
connected to the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of
the wall.?Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is it
supposed to go.?
Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC # 0763
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/76d36dd8/attach
ment-0001.htm>

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:38:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube
Message-ID:
        <CA+mjxLEpiy=SOCghu4eYpGGeGkgUqzkTHoh408B=[email-masked]

Jim;

Dave

> Hello friends,
>
> As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with
> small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/0ab30e32/attach
ment-0001.htm>

Message: 3
Armstrong'"

My car had that small diameter tube coming out of the back trunk wall but
wasn?t connected to anything?

The battery vent hose is bigger and exits through the grommet on the trunk
floor as in this pic

Jim

B382000446

From: Tigers <[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube

Jim;

Dave

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers

Hello friends,

As I near completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with
which the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery. 

Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a
clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a very
small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) connected to
the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side of the wall.

Jim Armstrong

Mk 1A

382002083 LRXFE

Code 86

TAC # 0763

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb08ad/attach
ment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: battery cap 1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 103719 bytes
Desc: not available
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb08ad/attach
ment.jpg>

Subject: Digest Footer

------=_NextPart_001_00D6_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-CA>I wondered =
about the irony of venting fuel &#8216;fumes&#8217; into the battery =
compartment but apparently it&#8217;s just there for a dry, clean source =
of &#8216;air&#8217; . I found this explanation and although it&#8217;s =
about MGBs , it explains the function<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-CA><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>backbodkin1--- =
via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, November 12, 2021 8:27 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] =
Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Jim, you are =
correct. The vynil tube connects to the fuel pump vent. I presume the =
thinking was the air in the trunk was cleaner than that under the car. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div =
id=3Dms-outlook-mobile-signature><p class=3DMsoNormal>Get <a =
href=3D"https://aka.ms/ghei36">Outlook for =
Android</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><hr size=3D2 width=3D"98%" =
align=3Dcenter></div><div id=3DdivRplyFwdMsg><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'color:black'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:black'> Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt; on behalf of <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt;<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, November 12, 2021 11:02:21 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b=
>Subject:</b> Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 319</span> =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Send Tigers mailing list submissions =
to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>To=
 subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, =
visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/tigers</a><br>or, via email, send a message with =
subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a><br><br>You can reach the person managing the list =
at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a><br><br>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more =
specific<br>than &quot;Re: Contents of Tigers =
digest...&quot;<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. trunk =
plastic tube (James Armstrong)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: trunk plastic tube =
(Dave Munroe)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: trunk plastic tube =
(jim)<br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------=
--------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:13:53 =
+0000 (UTC)<br>From: James Armstrong &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subjec=
t: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">626161255.1=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Hello friends,<br>?As I near =
completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with which =
the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.?Over =
the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed a =
clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came through a =
very small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but wasn't) =
connected to the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the other side =
of the wall.?Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not, where is =
it supposed to go.?<br>Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC # =
0763<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment =
was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/76d36=
dd8/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachmen=
ts/20211112/76d36dd8/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br><br>-----------------=
-------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:38:56 =
-0400<br>From: Dave Munroe &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: James =
Armstrong &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subjec=
t: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic =
tube<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:CA+mjxLEpiy=3DSOCghu4eYpGGeGkgUqzkTHoh408B=3DYmh6f0Ataw@ma=
il.gmail.com">CA+mjxLEpiy=3DSOCghu4eYpGGeGkgUqzkTHoh408B=3DYmh6f0Ataw@mai=
l.gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Jim;<br><br>&nbsp;I think that tube =
is supposed to be connected to the fume vent &quot;harness&quot;<br>for =
the battery.<br>That is how that clear hose is connected on my =
Tiger.<br><br>Dave<br><br>On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM James =
Armstrong via Tigers &lt;<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>&gt; Hello friends,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; As I near completion =
of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with<br>&gt; which the =
FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery.<br>&gt; =
Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I noticed =
a<br>&gt; clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came =
through a very<br>&gt; small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be =
(but wasn't) connected to<br>&gt; the little goose neck on the SU fuel =
pump on the other side of the wall.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Can anyone confirm =
that this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to<br>&gt; =
go.?<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Jim Armstrong<br>&gt; Mk 1A<br>&gt; 382002083 =
LRXFE<br>&gt; Code 86<br>&gt; TAC # 0763<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<b=
r>&gt; Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/0ab30=
e32/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachmen=
ts/20211112/0ab30e32/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br><br>-----------------=
-------------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:02:13 =
-0800<br>From: &quot;jim&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: &quot;'Dave =
Munroe'&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;, &quot;'James =
Armstrong'&quot;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Su=
bject: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic tube<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">00b901d7d7de$a=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>My car had that small diameter tube =
coming out of the back trunk wall but wasn?t connected to =
anything?<br><br>The battery vent hose is bigger and exits through the =
grommet on the trunk floor as in this =
pic<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Jim<br><br>B382000446<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp=
;<br><br>From: Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt; On Behalf Of Dave Munroe via Tigers<br>Sent: Friday, November =
12, 2021 7:39 AM<br>To: James Armstrong &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subjec=
t: Re: [Tigers] trunk plastic =
tube<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Jim;<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;I think that =
tube is supposed to be connected to the fume vent &quot;harness&quot; =
for the battery. <br><br>That is how that clear hose is connected on my =
Tiger.<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Dave<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>On Fri, Nov 12, =
2021 at 11:15 AM James Armstrong via Tigers &lt;[email-masked] =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&gt=
; &gt; wrote:<br><br>Hello friends,<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>As I near =
completion of the removal of the black pitch-like substance with which =
the FPO coated the floor of the trunk, I had to remove the battery. =
<br><br>Over the battery, in the upper right corner of the rear wall, I =
noticed a clear (now yellowed) PVC tube of a small diameter. It came =
through a very small rubber gasket and seemed like it should be (but =
wasn't) connected to the little goose neck on the SU fuel pump on the =
other side of the wall.<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Can anyone confirm that =
this is the case? If not, where is it supposed to =
go.?<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Jim Armstrong<br><br>Mk 1A<br><br>382002083 =
LRXFE<br><br>Code 86<br><br>TAC # =
0763<br><br>_______________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&gt=
; <br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br><br><br><b=
r>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was =
scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb0=
8ad/attachment.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20=
211112/f5eb08ad/attachment.htm</a>&gt;<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...<br>Name: battery =
cap 1.jpg<br>Type: image/jpeg<br>Size: 103719 bytes<br>Desc: not =
available<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211112/f5eb0=
8ad/attachment.jpg">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20=
211112/f5eb08ad/attachment.jpg</a>&gt;<br><br>---------------------------=
---<br><br>Subject: Digest =
Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Tigers =
mailing list<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/tigers</a><br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of Tigers Digest, =
Vol 14, Issue =
319<br>***************************************<o:p></o:p></p></div></div>=
</div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_00D6_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0--

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0
	name="SU_Fuel_Pump_Vents.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="SU_Fuel_Pump_Vents.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01D7D7A0.2ADFFAE0--