Subject: [Tigers] back to the battery wood packers

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 13:54:18 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7B927.548DA0F0"

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7B927.548DA0F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Under tray wood - the offset of the body mount holes on my Tiger is 3/16"

I made a cardboard templet per the drawing - pic #1 - the offset angle is
acceptable to me

Pic #2 - battery tray over the templet - in my opinion this sticks out too
far and at the front area it is tight to the body

I will make and install this piece before I make a judgement call on its
length - this is not a concours Tiger

Side wood - I made a piece per the drawing and I found that my body mount
holes are about a 1/16" closer together - I opened the through holes to make
this piece fit better   I made a 2nd piece with the mount holes closer and a
better fit

I do suggest that anyone making this piece - check the body mount hole
distance carefully and make any needed correction.

You can make 1 mount hole, install with 1 screw and mark exactly where the
2nd hole is located.

Now to apply some wood preservative and let them dry - I'll install these
pieces later this month

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7B927.548DA0F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b>Under tray wood</b> &#8211; the offset of the body =
mount holes on my Tiger is 3/16&#8221;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I made a cardboard templet per the drawing &#8211; pic =
#1 &#8211; the offset angle is acceptable to me<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Pic #2 =
&#8211; battery tray over the templet &#8211; in my opinion this sticks =
out too far and at the front area it is tight to the =
body<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I will make and install this =
piece before I make a judgement call on its length &#8211; this is not a =
concours Tiger<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>Side =
wood</b> &#8211; I made a piece per the drawing and I found that my body =
mount holes are about a 1/16&#8221; closer together &#8211; I opened the =
through holes to make this piece fit better&nbsp;&nbsp; I made a =
2<sup>nd</sup> piece with the mount holes closer and a better =
fit<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I do suggest that anyone making this piece &#8211; =
check the body mount hole distance carefully and make any needed =
correction.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>You can make 1 mount =
hole, install with 1 screw and mark exactly where the 2<sup>nd</sup> =
hole is located.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Now to apply =
some wood preservative and let them dry &#8211; I&#8217;ll install these =
pieces later this month<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7B927.548DA0F0--

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0
	name="100_5041.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5041.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0
	name="100_5042.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5042.jpg"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7B927.548DA0F0--