Subject: [Tigers] Under Battery Tray Wood piece...

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 07:45:39 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8389509109655435128==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D7B43C.D690CBD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D7B43C.D690CBD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ok, so I sorta hate to open this up again. 

Wasn't there a drawing or link to a drawing for the under battery wood
piece? I ask, because in my inimitable way, I have cross filled it to some
unknown location in my 'puter file system.  So if one of ya has the actual
dimensions as shown on that drawing or the link or a copy of the drawing can
you please sent it to me?  I went out yesterday and moved the battery tray
on "xxxx1136" Mk I and yes, I have a screw hole but only one and it is about
mid tray on the outside of the tray location. And no wood.  BUT, sometime in
the past I put a piece inside the tray, why I do not remember (hey, I have
owned this car since Jan 1967 - lots of water under that bridge).  And I
have no idea as to why I did it  'cause it was many years ago.  I do have
the side piece however. 

Anyway, if you have a copy of that drawing, the one under the tray, not the
one mounted to the frame rail on the side,  or a link I would appreciate it.

By the way, if you look at the mechanics of the how the wood is supposed to
be helping, it really doesn't.  If the tray sits directly on the metal floor
and abuts the piece on the frame, the battery bolts that hold the bat in
place keep it up against the side and firmly on the bottom.  I have all of
the other OEM battery box  pieces and the battery in my car simply will not
move when it is in place and tightened down. No movement.   Oh, I moved the
car out of the race car shop to my main garage a few months  ago, fired it
up and drove it over. Then I disconnected the ground cable  from the
battery. Volt meter yesterday showed 12.5 volts after all that time.   I
have a spare race car disconnect switch which I will put in the car to
facilitate disconnecting soon.   Oh, and I  still  have  the battery vent
hose in my car after all these years also. Not connected to anything because
batteries with the vented caps are nonexistent  where I  am. 

Anyway, nice chatting this morning. very smokey here  in Pahrump last few
weeks. I live about 10 miles from an 11000ftmt  and we cannot see it most
days.  Eyes watering most of the time. 

Mayf  aka drmayf  aka larry

TWFS 210.779 mph crossing  the final trap light. In 2010, Sept 16th  

Mile average was 204.913 mph

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D7B43C.D690CBD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ok, so I sorta hate to open =
this up again&#8230; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Wasn&#8217;t =
there a drawing or link to a drawing for the under battery wood piece? I =
ask, because in my inimitable way, I have cross filled it to some =
unknown location in my &#8216;puter file system.&nbsp; So if one of ya =
has the actual dimensions as shown on that drawing or the link or a copy =
of the drawing can you please sent it to me? &nbsp;I went out yesterday =
and moved the battery tray on &#8220;xxxx1136&#8221; Mk I and yes, I =
have a screw hole but only one and it is about mid tray on the outside =
of the tray location. And no wood.&nbsp; BUT, sometime in the past I put =
a piece <span style=3D'background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow'>inside =
the tray</span>, why I do not remember (hey, I have owned this car since =
Jan 1967 &#8211; lots of water under that bridge). &nbsp;And I have no =
idea as to why I did it &nbsp;&#8216;cause it was many years ago. =
&nbsp;I do have&nbsp; the side piece however. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow'>Anyway, if you have a =
copy of that drawing, the one under the tray, not the one mounted to the =
frame rail on the side, &nbsp;or a link I would appreciate</span> it. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>By the way, if you look at the mechanics of the how =
the wood is supposed to be helping, it really doesn&#8217;t.&nbsp; If =
the tray sits directly on the metal floor and abuts the piece on the =
frame, the battery bolts that hold the bat in place keep it up against =
the side and firmly on the bottom. &nbsp;I have all of the other OEM =
battery box&nbsp; pieces and the battery in my car simply will not&nbsp; =
move when it is in place and tightened down. No movement. =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Oh, I moved the car out of the race car shop to my main =
garage a few months&nbsp; ago, fired it up and drove it over. Then I =
disconnected the ground cable&nbsp; from the battery. Volt meter =
yesterday showed 12.5 volts after all that time.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a =
spare race car disconnect switch which I will put in the car to =
facilitate disconnecting soon. &nbsp;&nbsp;Oh, and I&nbsp; still =
&nbsp;have&nbsp; the battery vent hose in my car after all these years =
also. Not connected to anything because batteries with the vented caps =
are nonexistent &nbsp;where I&nbsp; am. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyway, nice =
chatting this morning&#8230; very smokey here &nbsp;in Pahrump last few =
weeks. I live about 10 miles from an 11000ftmt&nbsp; and we cannot see =
it most days. &nbsp;Eyes watering most of the time. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf =
&nbsp;aka drmayf&nbsp; aka larry<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TWFS =
210.779 mph crossing &nbsp;the final trap light. In 2010, Sept =
16<sup>th&nbsp; </sup><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mile average =
was 204.913 mph<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D7B43C.D690CBD0--

--===============8389509109655435128==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8389509109655435128==--

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:44:45 -0400

--===============4326322407102958724==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7B45E.3DDF2A40"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7B45E.3DDF2A40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mayf

                I have not seen any documentation or drawing for the under
battery tray wood.

I do hope some surfaces.

Interesting, you only have 1 screw hole for the wood.

If you get a chance can you take a picture and send it, that would be great
to document.

I have plywood under my battery because my battery is too short, it needs to
be higher so the battery bolts don't dig into the plywood trunk deck.

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Larry Mayfield via
Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 10:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Under Battery Tray Wood piece...

 

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7B45E.3DDF2A40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have not seen any documentation or =
drawing for the under battery tray wood.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I do hope some surfaces.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Interesting, =
you only have 1 screw hole for the wood.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you get a chance can you take a picture and send =
it, that would be great to document.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
plywood under my battery because my battery is too short, it needs to be =
higher so the battery bolts don&#8217;t dig into the plywood trunk =
deck.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Larry Mayfield =
via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 28, 2021 10:46 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Under =
Battery Tray Wood piece...<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ok, so I =
sorta hate to open this up again&#8230; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Wasn&#8217;t =
there a drawing or link to a drawing for the under battery wood piece? I =
ask, because in my inimitable way, I have cross filled it to some =
unknown location in my &#8216;puter file system.&nbsp; So if one of ya =
has the actual dimensions as shown on that drawing or the link or a copy =
of the drawing can you please sent it to me? &nbsp;I went out yesterday =
and moved the battery tray on &#8220;xxxx1136&#8221; Mk I and yes, I =
have a screw hole but only one and it is about mid tray on the outside =
of the tray location. And no wood.&nbsp; BUT, sometime in the past I put =
a piece <span style=3D'background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow'>inside =
the tray</span>, why I do not remember (hey, I have owned this car since =
Jan 1967 &#8211; lots of water under that bridge). &nbsp;And I have no =
idea as to why I did it &nbsp;&#8216;cause it was many years ago. =
&nbsp;I do have&nbsp; the side piece however. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow'>Anyway, if you have a =
copy of that drawing, the one under the tray, not the one mounted to the =
frame rail on the side, &nbsp;or a link I would appreciate</span> it. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>By the way, if you look at the mechanics of the how =
the wood is supposed to be helping, it really doesn&#8217;t.&nbsp; If =
the tray sits directly on the metal floor and abuts the piece on the =
frame, the battery bolts that hold the bat in place keep it up against =
the side and firmly on the bottom. &nbsp;I have all of the other OEM =
battery box&nbsp; pieces and the battery in my car simply will not&nbsp; =
move when it is in place and tightened down. No movement. =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Oh, I moved the car out of the race car shop to my main =
garage a few months&nbsp; ago, fired it up and drove it over. Then I =
disconnected the ground cable&nbsp; from the battery. Volt meter =
yesterday showed 12.5 volts after all that time.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a =
spare race car disconnect switch which I will put in the car to =
facilitate disconnecting soon. &nbsp;&nbsp;Oh, and I&nbsp; still =
&nbsp;have&nbsp; the battery vent hose in my car after all these years =
also. Not connected to anything because batteries with the vented caps =
are nonexistent &nbsp;where I&nbsp; am. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyway, nice =
chatting this morning&#8230; very smokey here &nbsp;in Pahrump last few =
weeks. I live about 10 miles from an 11000ftmt&nbsp; and we cannot see =
it most days. &nbsp;Eyes watering most of the time. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf =
&nbsp;aka drmayf&nbsp; aka larry<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TWFS =
210.779 mph crossing &nbsp;the final trap light. In 2010, Sept =
16<sup>th&nbsp; </sup><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mile average =
was 204.913 mph<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01D7B45E.3DDF2A40--

--===============4326322407102958724==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4326322407102958724==--