Subject: [Tigers] oil filter hose fitting

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:48:57 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7B060.3B2F65F0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7B060.3B2F65F0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0009_01D7B060.3B2F65F0"

------=_NextPart_001_0009_01D7B060.3B2F65F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I did some extra investigation on the hose fitting which I though look
smooth and difficult for me to understand how it was crimped.

The hose fitting or clamp, attaches the pipe to the hose, is called a Skive
Crimp Socket.

The original fitting was crimped with a 4 jaw crimp tool.

You can just see one of the witness marks of the crimp tool in the photo.

I'm not sure if Rootes had an outside vendor for these hose assemblies or if
they made them all in house.

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_0009_01D7B060.3B2F65F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I did some extra investigation on the hose fitting =
which I though look smooth and difficult for me to understand how it was =
crimped.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The hose fitting or clamp, attaches the pipe to the =
hose, is called a Skive Crimp Socket.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The original fitting was crimped with a 4 jaw crimp =
tool.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>You can just see one of the =
witness marks of the crimp tool in the photo.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m =
not sure if Rootes had an outside vendor for these hose assemblies or if =
they made them all in house.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0009_01D7B060.3B2F65F0--

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7B060.3B2F65F0
	name="100_4983.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_4983.jpg"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7B060.3B2F65F0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7B060.3B2F65F0--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:28:39 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001F_01D7B065.C6E91AF0"

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D7B065.C6E91AF0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0020_01D7B065.C6EAA190"

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D7B065.C6EAA190
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I cleaned up the hose fitting a little and highlighted 1 of the witness
marks.

A 4 jaw crimp tool for this hose fitting.

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] oil filter hose fitting

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D7B065.C6EAA190
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I cleaned up the hose fitting a little and highlighted =
1 of the witness marks.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A 4 jaw crimp =
tool for this hose fitting.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Ron =
Fraser<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:49 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] oil =
filter hose fitting<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I did some =
extra investigation on the hose fitting which I though look smooth and =
difficult for me to understand how it was crimped.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The hose =
fitting or clamp, attaches the pipe to the hose, is called a Skive Crimp =
Socket.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The original fitting was =
crimped with a 4 jaw crimp tool.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>You =
can just see one of the witness marks of the crimp tool in the =
photo.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m not sure if Rootes had an outside vendor for =
these hose assemblies or if they made them all in =
house.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D7B065.C6EAA190--

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D7B065.C6E91AF0
	name="100_5001 1.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5001 1.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D7B065.C6E91AF0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D7B065.C6E91AF0--