Subject: [Tigers] coolant recovery

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 14:19:53 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6325421907266760268==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D79505.47EB5860"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D79505.47EB5860
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_002D_01D79505.47EB5860"

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D79505.47EB5860
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I mounted a washer bottle and bracket just in front of the header tank.

=20

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: Joe Brown <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:52 AM
To: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gary <[email-masked]>; michael king =
<[email-masked]>; Douglas Lyle <[email-masked]>; =
Tigers Den <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap

=20

For a coolant recovery system I'm currently using my old original washer =
bottle mounted in the bracket that originally held the remote oil =
filter.  I would like to come up with a different solution that I can =
mount to the inner fender in front of the expansion tank.  I'm concerned =
that the plastic washer bottle in its current location up against the =
engine might suffer from the heat.  Moss Motors has an overflow bottle =
for a Triumph that wouldn't look out of place in the Tiger, =
https://mossmotors.com/overflow-bottle-1.  But the bracket is kind of =
pricey.  I might try to make my own bracket.

=20

Have Fun,

Joe Brown

=20

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:39 AM Ron Fraser via Tigers =

This has been a wonderful discussion.   Please include any manufacturer =
and part number when you find good workable parts for any area on the =
Tiger.   We also need to know possible bad part numbers too.   We all =
need that kind of information on hand for future reference.

=20

I still recommend a coolant recovery system to everyone then you know =
exactly when and how much coolant is moving back and forth through the =
system.

Make it a simple setup that can easily be removed if judging is your =
priority.

Personally, I prefer not to pollute the ground with coolant of any kind =
and I really don=E2=80=99t want coolant possibly spraying onto my tire =
while driving or stopping.

=20

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D79505.47EB5860
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I mounted =
a washer bottle and bracket just in front of the header =
tank.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><img width=3D439 height=3D329 =
style=3D'width:4.5729in;height:3.427in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Joe Brown &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:52 AM<br><b>To:</b> Ron =
Fraser &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> Gary =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; michael king =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Douglas Lyle =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Tigers Den =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Radiator =
Cap<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For a coolant recovery system I'm currently using my =
old original washer bottle mounted in the bracket that originally held =
the remote oil filter.&nbsp; I would like to come up with a different =
solution that I can mount to the inner fender in front of the expansion =
tank.&nbsp; I'm concerned that the plastic washer bottle in its current =
location up against the engine might suffer from the heat.&nbsp; Moss =
Motors has an overflow bottle for a Triumph that wouldn't look out of =
place in the Tiger, <a =
href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/overflow-bottle-1">https://mossmotors.com/=
overflow-bottle-1</a>.&nbsp; But the bracket is kind of pricey.&nbsp; I =
might try to make my own bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Have Fun,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Joe Brown<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:39 AM Ron Fraser via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>This has =
been a wonderful discussion.&nbsp;&nbsp; Please include any manufacturer =
and part number when you find good workable parts for any area on the =
Tiger.&nbsp;&nbsp; We also need to know possible bad part numbers =
too.&nbsp;&nbsp; We all need that kind of information on hand for future =
reference.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>I still =
recommend a coolant recovery system to everyone then you know exactly =
when and how much coolant is moving back and forth through the =
system.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Make it a =
simple setup that can easily be removed if judging is your =
priority.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Personally, =
I prefer not to pollute the ground with coolant of any kind and I really =
don=E2=80=99t want coolant possibly spraying onto my tire while driving =
or stopping.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D79505.47EB5860--

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D79505.47EB5860
	name="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D79505.47EB5860--

--===============6325421907266760268==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6325421907266760268==--