Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap

From: Gary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:00:00 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
 boundary="------------8744D2870F8DB2D7B29A1A4E"

--------------8744D2870F8DB2D7B29A1A4E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

If you are not trying to win a concours award and just want to drive 
your Tiger..
What you need nowadays is a recovery system.

Pics show my system I bought at an auto store in the early to mid '90s, 
not sure if they still have such things...

You want a cap with two rubber seals, length of the spring should not 
matter as long as it is long enough, the Tiger
seems to be right in line with all the other radiators in this regard.  
I mounted the tank under my fender above
my also re-located oil filter.
The system insures that the top of the radiator is full unlike the stock 
system and keeps any leakage off the track
or out of the mouths of small animals.

13lb works fine for my two early MK1s.
Garty

On 7/28/2021 5:11 PM, jimdamelio via Tigers wrote:
> Attached are pictures of the 9lb cap 5220487, 13lb cap 1224818 and a 
> 13lb chrome Motorcraft cap.  The 9lb cap measures 1" from inside base 
> to tip of plunger while both 13lb caps measure 1-1/8".
>
> Jim D
>
> Sent from my Galaxy
>
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Joe Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
> Date: 7/28/21 6:49 PM (GMT-05:00)
> To: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Tigers Den <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap
>
> Just to add to my confusion I took a look at the Tiger Parts List 
> Supplement (pub number 6601131) and I'm guessing this only covers the 
> Tigers up to B382001521 because it only shows the 1224725 header tank 
> and Ron has Parts List 6601334 which show two more tanks.    Parts 
> List 6601131  says the 9 lb. cap is for "later" cars and the 13 lb. 
> cap is for "earlier" cars.  This seems to contradict what is in TBON.  
> Is it possible that some of the earliest cars had 13 lb. caps and then 
> they went to 9 lb. caps until they changes the header tanks?
>
> The Rootes part number for the 9 lb. cap is 5220487 and when I Google 
> that number I can see that is also a Mopar part number from back in 
> the day.  All of the usual sources want to cross this over to a 13 lb. 
> cap.  I did find a 9 lb. cap made by Motorad but I can't find what the 
> stem length is.  I guess I will have to go down to the different part 
> stores and look at what they have.
>
> Sunbeam Specialties has three different caps for sale but they are for 
> Alpines, not Tigers.  I asked Rick if any of them would work for the 
> Tiger and he said the pressure rating was too low.
>
> Ron, the G630 cap pulls up as a match for some older Land Rovers but 
> I'm only finding used ones.
>
> If anybody has recently purchased a new cap that is working fine 
> please let me know what you got.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe Brown
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:40 PM Joe Brown <[email-masked] 
>
>     I pulled out my copy of TBON and he also listed a 9 lb. cap up to
>     B382001521 and 13 lb. after that
>
>     I sent an email to Rick at SS to see if his part number RC5 is the
>     cap you described. It doesn't say it's for the Tiger, it just says
>     it's for the series V.
>
>     On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 8:27 PM Ron Fraser <[email-masked]
>
>         Parts List 6601334 lists 3 header tanks.
>
>         1224725                Header Tank       up to B382001521
>
>         5221224                Header Tank       from B382001522 to
>         B382001894
>
>         1236126                Header Tank       from B382001895
>
>         Graham Vickery sent me a drawing for Header Tank 1224725 and
>         it indicates Filler Cap 9 lbs.
>
>         I don’t know if the drawings for the other 2 header tanks are
>         available to see which Filler Cap they indicate.
>
>         Ron Fraser
>
>         *From:* Joe Brown <[email-masked]
>         *Sent:* Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:49 PM
>         *To:* Ron Fraser <[email-masked]
>         *Cc:* Tigers Den <[email-masked]
>         *Subject:* Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap
>
>         Thanks Ron, the .805" dimension sounds like what I need.
>
>         On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 6:37 PM Ron Fraser <[email-masked]
>
>             Joe
>
>                             I believe I bought my radiator cap from
>             Sunbeam Specialties.
>
>             Cap indicates 9 lbs. and G630.
>
>             Rubber seal to rubber seal is .805”.
>
>             I installed a catch bottle for the header tank overflow.
>             Catches any overflow which gets sucked back in when the
>             engine cools.
>
>             The Parts lists indicates 9 lbs. later cars and 13 lbs.
>             early cars.
>
>             Tiger, An Exceptional Motorcar indicates B382001521 as
>             last unit with early header tank and 9 lb. cap –
>             B382001522 1^st Tiger with updated header tank and 13 lb. cap.
>
>             Well, no really good help there.
>
>             I’m thinking 9 lbs. for early cars and 13 lbs. for later
>             cars is correct
>
>             Ron  Fraser
>
>             *From:* Tigers <[email-masked]
>             Brown
>             *Sent:* Tuesday, July 27, 2021 6:07 PM
>             *To:* Tigers Den <[email-masked]
>             *Subject:* [Tigers] Radiator Cap
>
>             Hi,
>
>             I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me what radiator cap I
>             should be using.  I've tried a cap that was listed as
>             being for a Tiger on Autozone's website but I think the
>             pressure spring part under the cap is too short.  I almost
>             immediately start getting water out of the overflow tube
>             as the engine warms up.  I measured the depth of the
>             expansion tank opening from the top edge to the flange
>             where the spring part of the cap would sit and got .777". 
>             I measured the cap from the big rubber seal just under the
>             cap to the small rubber seal at the end of the spring and
>             got something like .75".  So it looks like I need a cap
>             with a longer spring stem.
>
>             A brand name and part number would be great  And also,
>             what should the pressure rating be?  What I have is 13 lbs.
>
>             Thanks,
>
>             Joe Brown
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------8744D2870F8DB2D7B29A1A4E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    If you are not trying to win a concours award and just want to drive
    your Tiger..<br>
    What you need nowadays is a recovery system.<br>
    <br>
    Pics show my system I bought at an auto store in the early to mid
    '90s, not sure if they still have such things...<br>
    <br>
    You want a cap with two rubber seals, length of the spring should
    not matter as long as it is long enough, the Tiger<br>
    seems to be right in line with all the other radiators in this
    regard.  I mounted the tank under my fender above<br>
    my also re-located oil filter.<br>
    The system insures that the top of the radiator is full unlike the
    stock system and keeps any leakage off the track<br>
    or out of the mouths of small animals.<br>
    <br>
    13lb works fine for my two early MK1s.<br>
    Garty<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/28/2021 5:11 PM, jimdamelio via
      Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Attached are pictures of the 9lb cap 5220487, 13lb
        cap 1224818 and a 13lb chrome Motorcraft cap.  The 9lb cap
        measures 1" from inside base to tip of plunger while both 13lb
        caps measure 1-1/8". </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">Jim D</div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="composer_signature" dir="auto">
        <div style="font-size:85%;color:#575757" dir="auto">Sent from my
          Galaxy</div>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto" style="font-size:100%;color:#000000" align="left">
        <div>-------- Original message --------</div>
        <div>From: Joe Brown via Tigers <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> </div>
        <div>Date: 7/28/21 6:49 PM (GMT-05:00) </div>
        <div>To: Ron Fraser <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> </div>
        <div>Cc: Tigers Den <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> </div>
        <div>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div dir="ltr">Just to add to my confusion I took a look at the
        Tiger Parts List Supplement (pub number 6601131) and I'm
        guessing this only covers the Tigers up to 
        B382001521 because it only shows the 1224725 header tank and Ron
        has 
        Parts List 6601334 which show two more tanks.    Parts List 
        6601131  says the 9 lb. cap is for "later" cars and the 13 lb.
        cap is for "earlier" cars.  This seems to contradict what is in
        TBON.  Is it possible that some of the earliest cars had 13 lb.
        caps and then they went to 9 lb. caps until they changes the
        header tanks?
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>The Rootes part number for the 9 lb. cap is 5220487 and
          when I Google that number I can see that is also a Mopar part
          number from back in the day.  All of the usual sources want to
          cross this over to a 13 lb. cap.  I did find a 9 lb. cap made
          by Motorad but I can't find what the stem length is.  I guess
          I will have to go down to the different part stores and look
          at what they have.  </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Sunbeam Specialties has three different caps for sale but
          they are for Alpines, not Tigers.  I asked Rick if any of them
          would work for the Tiger and he said the pressure rating was
          too low.  </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Ron, the G630 cap pulls up as a match for some older Land
          Rovers but I'm only finding used ones.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>If anybody has recently purchased a new cap that is working
          fine please let me know what you got.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Thanks,</div>
        <div>Joe Brown</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div class="gmail_attr" dir="ltr">On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:40
          PM Joe Brown &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px
          solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex" class="gmail_quote">
          <div dir="auto">I pulled out my copy of TBON and he also
            listed a 9 lb. cap up to B382001521 and 13 lb. after that 
            <div dir="auto"><br>
            </div>
            <div dir="auto">I sent an email to Rick at SS to see if his
              part number RC5 is the cap you described. It doesn't say
              it's for the Tiger, it just says it's for the series V.</div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <div class="gmail_quote">
            <div class="gmail_attr" dir="ltr">On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 8:27
              PM Ron Fraser &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px
              solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"
              class="gmail_quote">
              <div lang="EN-US">
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Parts List 6601334 lists 3 header
                    tanks.</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">1224725                Header
                    Tank       up to B382001521</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">5221224                Header
                    Tank       from B382001522 to B382001894</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">1236126                Header
                    Tank       from B382001895</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Graham Vickery sent me a drawing
                    for Header Tank 1224725 and it indicates Filler Cap
                    9 lbs.</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">I don’t know if the drawings for
                    the other 2 header tanks are available to see which
                    Filler Cap they indicate.</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Ron Fraser</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Joe Brown &lt;<a
                      rel="noreferrer"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    <br>
                    <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:49 PM<br>
                    <b>To:</b> Ron Fraser &lt;<a rel="noreferrer"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                    <b>Cc:</b> Tigers Den &lt;<a rel="noreferrer"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                    <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap</p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks Ron, the .805" dimension
                      sounds like what I need.</p>
                  </div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <div>
                    <div>
                      <p class="MsoNormal">On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 6:37 PM
                        Ron Fraser &lt;<a rel="noreferrer"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                        wrote:</p>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote
style="border-top:none;border-right:none;border-bottom:none;border-left:1pt
                      solid rgb(204,204,204);padding:0in 0in 0in
                      6pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                      <div>
                        <div>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Joe</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">                I believe
                            I bought my radiator cap from Sunbeam
                            Specialties.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Cap indicates 9 lbs. and
                            G630.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Rubber seal to rubber
                            seal is .805”.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">I installed a catch
                            bottle for the header tank overflow.  
                            Catches any overflow which gets sucked back
                            in when the engine cools.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">The Parts lists indicates
                            9 lbs. later cars and 13 lbs. early cars.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Tiger, An Exceptional
                            Motorcar indicates B382001521 as last unit
                            with early header tank and 9 lb. cap –
                            B382001522 1<sup>st</sup> Tiger with updated
                            header tank and 13 lb. cap.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Well, no really good help
                            there.</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">I’m thinking 9 lbs. for
                            early cars and 13 lbs. for later cars is
                            correct</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal">Ron  Fraser</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Tigers &lt;<a
                              rel="noreferrer"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                            <b>On Behalf Of </b>Joe Brown<br>
                            <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, July 27, 2021 6:07 PM<br>
                            <b>To:</b> Tigers Den &lt;<a
                              rel="noreferrer"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                            <b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Radiator Cap</p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                          <div>
                            <p class="MsoNormal">Hi,</p>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal">I'm hoping one of you
                                guys can tell me what radiator cap I
                                should be using.  I've tried a cap that
                                was listed as being for a Tiger on
                                Autozone's website but I think the
                                pressure spring part under the cap is
                                too short.  I almost immediately start
                                getting water out of the overflow tube
                                as the engine warms up.  I measured the
                                depth of the expansion tank opening from
                                the top edge to the flange where the
                                spring part of the cap would sit and got
                                .777".  I measured the cap from the big
                                rubber seal just under the cap to the
                                small rubber seal at the end of the
                                spring and got something like .75".  So
                                it looks like I need a cap with a longer
                                spring stem.  </p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal">A brand name and part
                                number would be great  And also, what
                                should the pressure rating be?  What I
                                have is 13 lbs.</p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
                            </div>
                            <div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal">Joe Brown</p>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------8744D2870F8DB2D7B29A1A4E--

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
 name="IMG_3794.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_3794.jpg"

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
 name="IMG_3795.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_3795.jpg"

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
 name="IMG_3796.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_3796.jpg"

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
 name="IMG_3798.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_3798.jpg"

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--------------D077F57F16F959ECC64D59DE--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 23:41:56 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016_01D7840A.274BD6E0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D7840A.274BD6E0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0017_01D7840A.274BD6E0"

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D7840A.274BD6E0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Gary

                I totally agree, everyone should have a coolant recovery =
system.

=20

First time I took the Tiger to a Track day it puked on the front left =
tire in a right turn =E2=80=93 Tiger pushed all the way to the track =
edge.

I got off the track when I got to Pit entrance.

The next year track day required a catch can.   I used a spare =
windshield washer bottle and bracket.

=20

It=E2=80=99s nice not worrying about finding antifreeze to fill the =
cooling system, the coolant goes into the bottle then gets sucked back =
in as the engine cools.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 11:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator Cap

=20

If you are not trying to win a concours award and just want to drive =
your Tiger..
What you need nowadays is a recovery system.

Pics show my system I bought at an auto store in the early to mid '90s, =
not sure if they still have such things...

You want a cap with two rubber seals, length of the spring should not =
matter as long as it is long enough, the Tiger
seems to be right in line with all the other radiators in this regard.  =
I mounted the tank under my fender above
my also re-located oil filter.
The system insures that the top of the radiator is full unlike the stock =
system and keeps any leakage off the track
or out of the mouths of small animals.

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D7840A.274BD6E0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Gary<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 I totally agree, everyone should have =
a coolant recovery system.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>First time I =
took the Tiger to a Track day it puked on the front left tire in a right =
turn =E2=80=93 Tiger pushed all the way to the track =
edge.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I got off the track when I got =
to Pit entrance.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The next year track =
day required a catch can.=C2=A0=C2=A0 I used a spare windshield washer =
bottle and bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It=E2=80=99s =
nice not worrying about finding antifreeze to fill the cooling system, =
the coolant goes into the bottle then gets sucked back in as the engine =
cools.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Gary<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, July 28, 2021 11:00 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Radiator =
Cap<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>If you are not trying to win a concours =
award and just want to drive your Tiger..<br>What you need nowadays is a =
recovery system.<br><br>Pics show my system I bought at an auto store in =
the early to mid '90s, not sure if they still have such =
things...<br><br>You want a cap with two rubber seals, length of the =
spring should not matter as long as it is long enough, the =
Tiger<br>seems to be right in line with all the other radiators in this =
regard.&nbsp; I mounted the tank under my fender above<br>my also =
re-located oil filter.<br>The system insures that the top of the =
radiator is full unlike the stock system and keeps any leakage off the =
track<br>or out of the mouths of small animals.<br><br>13lb works fine =
for my two early =
MK1s.<br>Garty<br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D7840A.274BD6E0--

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D7840A.274BD6E0
	name="100_0820.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_0820.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D7840A.274BD6E0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D7840A.274BD6E0--