Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

From: Will Seay via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:38:16 -0400

--===============0908745526208650079==

--000000000000e50bf505c74469f5

Mayf,
I got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty
Youtube videos in which a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a 289
HiPO-ish state and then put it in Brad Phillips Tiger.  The plan was to do
the engine swap and get the engine going with a Holley 4BBL setup and then
switch the 4BBL for a Holley Sniper EFI throttle-body unit.  Brad got his
Tiger going with the 4BBL setup but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper
install.  Brad's engine swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube
videos.  Here are some links:

Here's the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWYRPH24Bw&list=WL&index=2&t=26s
Here's the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVtrnxx3rTE&t=0s

There is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without
EFI.  So far I haven't found a link to it.

I have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready".  That is, I want to
have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.  Current plan is to replace
the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump and to house pump and pre and
post filters in the same area as previously housed the OEM pump.  I have
made up a heat shield for the right-side muffler to keep from roasting the
pump.  Fuel return line will go into the top of the right fuel tank.  I can
provide pictures of the return line fittings if you are interested.  I will
be doing my own harness.  The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger,
assuming battery up front.  Fuel relay and fuses for fuel pump and EFI will
be located with the pump.  Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors
will want to suck more current than the OEM generator can provide, I have
done an alternator conversion.  I already have a wide band O2 sensor
installed for a PLX O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already there.  Control
of distributor advance is optional with the Sniper so I don't plan to do
opt for that initially.  Someday I would like to add it though.  Should
improve driveability and maybe performance.

Like I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" .  Don't know if I will
actually do the conversion, but I want to at least have it thought out so
that I can get there from here if I decide to.

Will - 382001570
[email-masked]

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have  owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.  Has been sitting
> quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more
> now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the
> groups experiences, those owners who have replaced the carb with an
> electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then
> I would just use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know
> which is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership  has
> never been apart.  I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt
> 289 with some performance capability and I would need to buy a manifold for
> that.  I also have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a
> real race motor.   So, seeking real world experience on what and which
> brands are most user friendly while putting out power for driving around,
> having some fun (again).
>
>
>
> Larry, mayf, drmayf etc
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--000000000000e50bf505c74469f5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">May=
f,</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">I got the EF=
I bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty Youtube=C2=A0videos in w=
hich a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a 289 HiPO-ish state and then p=
ut it in Brad Phillips=C2=A0Tiger.=C2=A0 The plan was to do the engine swap=
 and get the engine going with a Holley 4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL=
 for a Holley Sniper EFI throttle-body unit.=C2=A0 Brad got his Tiger going=
 with the 4BBL setup but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper install.=C2=
=A0 Brad&#39;s engine swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.=
=C2=A0 Here are some links:</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font=
-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:smal=
l">Here&#39;s the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:=C2=A0=C2=
=A0<a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3DWL&a=
mp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp=
;list=3DWL&amp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26s</a></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size:small">Here&#39;s the Hagerty time-lapse video of the en=
gine rebuild:=C2=A0 <a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rT=
E&amp;t=3D0s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0s</a><=
br clear=3D"all"></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:smal=
l"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">There i=
s a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without EFI.=C2=A0 =
So far I haven&#39;t found a link to it.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"f=
ont-size:small">I have been making plans to make my car &quot;EFI-ready&quo=
t;.=C2=A0 That is, I want to have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.=
=C2=A0 Current plan is to replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure =
pump and to house pump and pre and post filters in the same area as previou=
sly housed the OEM pump.=C2=A0 I have made up a heat shield for the right-s=
ide muffler to keep from roasting the pump.=C2=A0 Fuel return line will go =
into the top of the right fuel tank.=C2=A0 I can provide pictures of the re=
turn line fittings if you are interested.=C2=A0 I will be doing my own harn=
ess.=C2=A0 The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger, assuming batter=
y up front.=C2=A0 Fuel relay and fuses for fuel pump and EFI will be locate=
d=C2=A0with the pump.=C2=A0 Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors w=
ill want to suck more current than the OEM generator can provide, I have do=
ne an alternator conversion.=C2=A0 I already have a wide band O2 sensor ins=
talled for a PLX O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already there.=C2=A0 Contro=
l of distributor advance is optional with the Sniper so I don&#39;t plan to=
 do opt for that initially.=C2=A0 Someday I would like to add it though.=C2=
=A0 Should improve driveability and maybe performance.</div><div class=3D"g=
mail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defau=
lt" style=3D"font-size:small">Like I said, I want to make the car &quot;EFI=
-ready&quot; .=C2=A0 Don&#39;t know if I will actually do the conversion, b=
ut I want to at least have it thought out so that I can get there from here=
 if I decide to.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small=
"><br></div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=
=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Will - 382001570 <br><a href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a></div><=
/div></div><br></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0p=
x 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div lang=
=3D"EN-US" style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word;"><div class=3D"gmail-m_79628=
38752157310756WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal">I have =C2=A0owned my Ti=
ger since Jan 1967, bought it used.=C2=A0 Has been sitting quietly now for =
quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more now. But carbs a=
re so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the groups experienc=
es, those owners who have replaced the carb with an electronic injected ver=
sion: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the ca=
st iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a bone s=
tock 260 cid which so far in my ownership=C2=A0 has never been apart.=C2=A0=
 I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some per=
formance capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that.=C2=A0 I al=
so have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race mo=
tor. =C2=A0=C2=A0So, seeking real world experience on what and which brands=
 are most user friendly while putting out power for driving around, having =
some fun (again). =C2=A0=C2=A0<u></u><u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u><=
/u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Larry, mayf, drmayf etc<u></u><u=
></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNorm=
al"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"> <u></u><u></u></p></div=
></div>_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tigers=
@embarqmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000e50bf505c74469f5--

--===============0908745526208650079==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0908745526208650079==--

---

From: Theo Smit via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:27:51 -0600 (MDT)

--===============1225168938315495253==
	boundary="=_0245f008-f3dd-4408-8076-f9adfe4aa1b6"

--=_0245f008-f3dd-4408-8076-f9adfe4aa1b6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Will and Mayf,=20
I ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system for a=
bout six or seven years. This is the system that got acquired (or at least =
rebranded and marketed) by Professional Products.=20
The version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in the passenger co=
mpartment; later versions had the electronics all integrated in the throttl=
e body assembly. This simplifies the wiring but subjects the electronics to=
 the under-hood heat, which is maybe not a great idea.=20
When I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far I have not put=
 the BossEFI back on yet. The programming interface for the BossEFI system =
was ... not great. It came with a number of pre-built maps, but it was not =
easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially its integration of air/fuel =
ratio feedback and timing control was just weird. The car ran fine at WOT b=
ut the part throttle operation was not easy to get right. This is partially=
 because the Tiger will run all day at really small throttle openings, and =
so you're always tuning just a hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure if =
a throttle body that had the injectors below the throttle plates would be b=
etter in that regard.=20

If / when I get time to go back to playing with that setup again, I may loo=
k at using a third party EFI controller (such as Megasquirt, if they are st=
ill making stuff that can be adapted to any generic injector), rather than =
going back to 2003 era user interface and controls.=20

To set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the same steps that Wi=
ll did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and return line from the back of the car =
to the firewall and mounted a regulator on the firewall. I initially used a=
 high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, but currently I have t=
he (stock) feed from the tank running about 12 inches forward, to a low pre=
ssure pre-filter. Then the return line is teed in, and we go to the fuel pu=
mp and then the high-pressure post filter. Those three pieces are all mount=
ed under the trunk, behind the Alpine spare tire well.=20

I'm running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck ahead of=
 the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt line. I also =
have a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header collector.=20

To convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator out =
for one that would not flood the Holley carb's needle/seat. The (high press=
ure) fuel pump just ends up circulating the fuel through the return line, i=
f there is any excess volume.=20
Cheers,=20
Theo=20

From: "tigers" <[email-masked]>=20
To: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>=20
Cc: "tigers" <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM=20
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions=20

Mayf,=20
I got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty Youtube vide=
os in which a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a 289 HiPO-ish state and=
 then put it in Brad Phillips Tiger. The plan was to do the engine swap and=
 get the engine going with a Holley 4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL for=
 a Holley Sniper EFI throttle-body unit. Brad got his Tiger going with the =
4BBL setup but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper install. Brad's engin=
e swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos. Here are some links:=
=20

Here's the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap: [ https://www.yo=
utube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&list=3DWL&index=3D2&t=3D26s | https://www.y=
outube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&list=3DWL&index=3D2&t=3D26s ]=20
Here's the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild: [ https://www.yo=
utube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&t=3D0s | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D=
tVtrnxx3rTE&t=3D0s ]=20

There is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without EFI.=
 So far I haven't found a link to it.=20

I have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready". That is, I want to hav=
e a plan for each aspect of the conversion. Current plan is to replace the =
OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump and to house pump and pre and pos=
t filters in the same area as previously housed the OEM pump. I have made u=
p a heat shield for the right-side muffler to keep from roasting the pump. =
Fuel return line will go into the top of the right fuel tank. I can provide=
 pictures of the return line fittings if you are interested. I will be doin=
g my own harness. The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger, assuming=
 battery up front. Fuel relay and fuses for fuel pump and EFI will be locat=
ed with the pump. Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors will want t=
o suck more current than the OEM generator can provide, I have done an alte=
rnator conversion. I already have a wide band O2 sensor installed for a PLX=
 O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already there. Control of distributor advan=
ce is optional with the Sniper so I don't plan to do opt for that initially=
. Someday I would like to add it though. Should improve driveability and ma=
ybe performance.=20

Like I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" . Don't know if I will actu=
ally do the conversion, but I want to at least have it thought out so that =
I can get there from here if I decide to.=20

Will - 382001570=20
[ mailto:[email-masked] | [email-masked] ]=20

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers < [ mailto:tigers=
@autox.team.net | [email-masked] ] > wrote:=20

I have owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used. Has been sitting quie=
tly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more now.=
 But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the grou=
ps experiences, those owners who have replaced the carb with an electronic =
injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would jus=
t use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which is best =
for a bone stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership has never been apart.=
 I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some per=
formance capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that. I also hav=
e my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race motor. S=
o, seeking real world experience on what and which brands are most user fri=
endly while putting out power for driving around, having some fun (again).=
=20

Larry, mayf, drmayf etc=20

_______________________________________________=20

[ mailto:[email-masked] | [email-masked] ]=20

 ]=20
Archive: [ http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers | http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/tigers ] [ http://autox.team.net/archive | http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve ]=20

Unsubscribe: [ http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tigers@embarqma=
il.com | http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
 ]=20

_______________________________________________=20

[email-masked]=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive=
=20

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=20

--=_0245f008-f3dd-4408-8076-f9adfe4aa1b6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>Will and Mayf,</div><div>I ran my Tiger wit=
h a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system for about six or seven =
years. This is the system that got acquired (or at least rebranded and mark=
eted) by Professional Products.</div><div>The version I had, still had the =
ECU separately mounted in the passenger compartment; later versions had the=
 electronics all integrated in the throttle body assembly. This simplifies =
the wiring but subjects the electronics to the under-hood heat, which is ma=
ybe not a great idea.</div><div>When I bought my crate motor, it came with =
a carb and so far I have not put the BossEFI back on yet. The programming i=
nterface for the BossEFI system was ... not great. It came with a number of=
 pre-built maps, but it was not easy to tweak in a logical way, and especia=
lly its integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing control was just =
weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the part throttle operation was not easy=
 to get right. This is partially because the Tiger will run all day at real=
ly small throttle openings, and so you're always tuning just a hair off the=
 idle settings. I'm not sure if a throttle body that had the injectors belo=
w the throttle plates would be better in that regard.</div><div><br data-mc=
e-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>If / when I get time to go back to playing with th=
at setup again, I may look at using a third party EFI controller (such as M=
egasquirt, if they are still making stuff that can be adapted to any generi=
c injector), rather than going back to 2003 era user interface and controls=
.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>To set the car up for the E=
FI system, I took many of the same steps that Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inc=
h feed and return line from the back of the car to the firewall and mounted=
 a regulator on the firewall. I initially used a high volume canister filte=
r as a sort of surge can, but currently I have the (stock) feed from the ta=
nk running about 12 inches forward, to a low pressure pre-filter. Then the =
return line is teed in, and we go to the fuel pump and then the high-pressu=
re post filter. Those three pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind =
the Alpine spare tire well.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>I=
'm running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck ahead of =
the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt line. I also h=
ave a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header collector.</div><=
div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>To convert back to the carburetor, =
I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator out for one that would not flood the Ho=
lley carb's needle/seat. The (high pressure) fuel pump just ends up circula=
ting the fuel through the return line, if there is any excess volume.</div>=
<div>Cheers,</div><div>Theo</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><=
br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"_=
_HEADERS__"><b>From: </b>"tigers" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: <=
/b>"Larry Mayfield" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc: </b>"tigers" &lt;TI=
[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM<br=
><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Question=
s<br></div><div><br></div><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__"><div dir=3D"=
ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Mayf,</div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">I got the EFI bug some t=
ime ago when I saw a series of Hagerty Youtube&nbsp;videos in which a Fairl=
ane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a 289 HiPO-ish state and then put it in Bra=
d Phillips&nbsp;Tiger.&nbsp; The plan was to do the engine swap and get the=
 engine going with a Holley 4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL for a Holle=
y Sniper EFI throttle-body unit.&nbsp; Brad got his Tiger going with the 4B=
BL setup but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper install.&nbsp; Brad's e=
ngine swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.&nbsp; Here are so=
me links:</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br><=
/div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Here's the firs=
t episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://w=
ww.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3DWL&amp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26=
s" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://www.youtu=
be.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3DWL&amp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26s</a></d=
iv><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Here's the Hagert=
y time-lapse video of the engine rebuild:&nbsp; <a href=3D"https://www.yout=
ube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0s" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nofollow=
 noopener noreferrer">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=
=3D0s</a><br clear=3D"all"></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font=
-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:smal=
l">There is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without E=
FI.&nbsp; So far I haven't found a link to it.</div><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-size:small">I have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready".&=
nbsp; That is, I want to have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.&nbs=
p; Current plan is to replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump=
 and to house pump and pre and post filters in the same area as previously =
housed the OEM pump.&nbsp; I have made up a heat shield for the right-side =
muffler to keep from roasting the pump.&nbsp; Fuel return line will go into=
 the top of the right fuel tank.&nbsp; I can provide pictures of the return=
 line fittings if you are interested.&nbsp; I will be doing my own harness.=
&nbsp; The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger, assuming battery up=
 front.&nbsp; Fuel relay and fuses for fuel pump and EFI will be located&nb=
sp;with the pump.&nbsp; Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors will =
want to suck more current than the OEM generator can provide, I have done a=
n alternator conversion.&nbsp; I already have a wide band O2 sensor install=
ed for a PLX O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already there.&nbsp; Control of=
 distributor advance is optional with the Sniper so I don't plan to do opt =
for that initially.&nbsp; Someday I would like to add it though.&nbsp; Shou=
ld improve driveability and maybe performance.</div><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-size:small">Like I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" .&nbs=
p; Don't know if I will actually do the conversion, but I want to at least =
have it thought out so that I can get there from here if I decide to.</div>=
<div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Will - 382001570 <br=
><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nofollow=
 noopener noreferrer">[email-masked]</a></div></div></div><br></div>=
<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri=
, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:t=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer=
">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb( 204 , 2=
04 , 204 );padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-US"><div class=3D"gmail-m_7962=
838752157310756WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal">I have &nbsp;owned my T=
iger since Jan 1967, bought it used.&nbsp; Has been sitting quietly now for=
 quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more now. But carbs =
are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the groups experien=
ces, those owners who have replaced the carb with an electronic injected ve=
rsion: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the c=
ast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a bone =
stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership&nbsp; has never been apart.&nbsp=
; I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some pe=
rformance capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that.&nbsp; I a=
lso have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race m=
otor. &nbsp;&nbsp;So, seeking real world experience on what and which brand=
s are most user friendly while putting out power for driving around, having=
 some fun (again). &nbsp;&nbsp;<u></u><u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u>=
</u>&nbsp;<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Larry, mayf, drmayf etc<u></u><=
u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>&nbsp;<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNor=
mal"><u></u>&nbsp;<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"> <u></u><u></u></p></di=
v></div>_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nofollow =
noopener noreferrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
low noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
 nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/piperm=
ail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer =
nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tigers=
@embarqmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"=
_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
<br>_______________________________________________<br><br>[email-masked]=
m.net<br><br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www=
.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe=
: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<br></div></div=
></body></html>
--=_0245f008-f3dd-4408-8076-f9adfe4aa1b6--

--===============1225168938315495253==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1225168938315495253==--

---

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 11:58:58 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1096938294535386207==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0024_01D77B03.23022360"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D77B03.23022360
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Theo, interesting points you make. And I have not heard  Megasquirt is a =
long while! Why not consider a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ? Certainly enough =
brainpower. An arduino might  work also and it could handle it as well. =
While I was thinking of a carb setup type of FI, a SEFI might be just as =
good if implemented correctly. Or even a large throttle bore with direct =
injection. Think I will look around and see if anyone has made a DIY EFI =
system using any of this stuff.=20

Thanks for reminding me=E2=80=A6=20

=20

Mayf

TWFS

=20

=20

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 7:28 PM
To: Will Seay <[email-masked]>
Cc: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>; tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

=20

Will and Mayf,

I ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system =
for about six or seven years. This is the system that got acquired (or =
at least rebranded and marketed) by Professional Products.

The version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in the passenger =
compartment; later versions had the electronics all integrated in the =
throttle body assembly. This simplifies the wiring but subjects the =
electronics to the under-hood heat, which is maybe not a great idea.

When I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far I have not =
put the BossEFI back on yet. The programming interface for the BossEFI =
system was ... not great. It came with a number of pre-built maps, but =
it was not easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially its =
integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing control was just =
weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the part throttle operation was not =
easy to get right. This is partially because the Tiger will run all day =
at really small throttle openings, and so you're always tuning just a =
hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure if a throttle body that had the =
injectors below the throttle plates would be better in that regard.

=20

If / when I get time to go back to playing with that setup again, I may =
look at using a third party EFI controller (such as Megasquirt, if they =
are still making stuff that can be adapted to any generic injector), =
rather than going back to 2003 era user interface and controls.

=20

To set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the same steps that =
Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and return line from the back of the =
car to the firewall and mounted a regulator on the firewall. I initially =
used a high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, but currently =
I have the (stock) feed from the tank running about 12 inches forward, =
to a low pressure pre-filter. Then the return line is teed in, and we go =
to the fuel pump and then the high-pressure post filter. Those three =
pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind the Alpine spare tire =
well.

=20

I'm running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck ahead =
of the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt line. I =
also have a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header =
collector.

=20

To convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator =
out for one that would not flood the Holley carb's needle/seat. The =
(high pressure) fuel pump just ends up circulating the fuel through the =
return line, if there is any excess volume.

Cheers,

Theo

=20

=20

  _____ =20

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

=20

Mayf,

I got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty Youtube =
videos in which a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a 289 HiPO-ish =
state and then put it in Brad Phillips Tiger.  The plan was to do the =
engine swap and get the engine going with a Holley 4BBL setup and then =
switch the 4BBL for a Holley Sniper EFI throttle-body unit.  Brad got =
his Tiger going with the 4BBL setup but, to my knowledge, never did the =
Sniper install.  Brad's engine swap was recorded in a series of 12 =
Youtube videos.  Here are some links:

=20

Here's the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:  =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw =
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&list=3DWL&index=3D2&t=3D26=
s> &list=3DWL&index=3D2&t=3D26s

Here's the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild:  =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE =
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&t=3D0s> &t=3D0s

=20

There is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without =
EFI.  So far I haven't found a link to it.

=20

I have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready".  That is, I want to =
have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.  Current plan is to =
replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump and to house pump =
and pre and post filters in the same area as previously housed the OEM =
pump.  I have made up a heat shield for the right-side muffler to keep =
from roasting the pump.  Fuel return line will go into the top of the =
right fuel tank.  I can provide pictures of the return line fittings if =
you are interested.  I will be doing my own harness.  The Holley harness =
is bass ackwards for a Tiger, assuming battery up front.  Fuel relay and =
fuses for fuel pump and EFI will be located with the pump.  Anticipating =
that the fuel pump and injectors will want to suck more current than the =
OEM generator can provide, I have done an alternator conversion.  I =
already have a wide band O2 sensor installed for a PLX O2 readout so the =
O2 sensor is already there.  Control of distributor advance is optional =
with the Sniper so I don't plan to do opt for that initially.  Someday I =
would like to add it though.  Should improve driveability and maybe =
performance.

=20

Like I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" .  Don't know if I will =
actually do the conversion, but I want to at least have it thought out =
so that I can get there from here if I decide to.

=20

Will - 382001570=20

=20

=20

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers =

I have  owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.  Has been sitting =
quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit =
more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information =
from the groups experiences, those owners who have replaced the carb =
with an electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If =
2 bbl then I would just use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I =
need to know which is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so far in my =
ownership  has never been apart.  I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version =
as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some performance capability and I would need =
to buy a manifold for that.  I also have my 260 LSR motor which has the =
full treatment and is a real race motor.   So, seeking real world =
experience on what and which brands are most user friendly while putting =
out power for driving around, having some fun (again).  =20

=20

Larry, mayf, drmayf etc

=20

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: =

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D77B03.23022360
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Theo, interesting points you =
make. And I have not heard =C2=A0Megasquirt is a long while! Why not =
consider a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ? Certainly enough brainpower. An arduino =
might =C2=A0work also and it could handle it as well. While I was =
thinking of a carb setup type of FI, a SEFI might be just as good if =
implemented correctly. Or even a large throttle bore with direct =
injection. Think I will look around and see if anyone has made a DIY EFI =
system using any of this stuff. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for reminding me=E2=80=A6 <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TWFS<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Theo Smit =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 16, 2021 7:28 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> Will Seay &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
Larry Mayfield &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Tiger =
eplacement carb and alternator Questions<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Wil=
l and Mayf,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system for =
about six or seven years. This is the system that got acquired (or at =
least rebranded and marketed) by Professional =
Products.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
 version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in the passenger =
compartment; later versions had the electronics all integrated in the =
throttle body assembly. This simplifies the wiring but subjects the =
electronics to the under-hood heat, which is maybe not a great =
idea.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Whe=
n I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far I have not put =
the BossEFI back on yet. The programming interface for the BossEFI =
system was ... not great. It came with a number of pre-built maps, but =
it was not easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially its =
integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing control was just =
weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the part throttle operation was not =
easy to get right. This is partially because the Tiger will run all day =
at really small throttle openings, and so you're always tuning just a =
hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure if a throttle body that had the =
injectors below the throttle plates would be better in that =
regard.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>If =
/ when I get time to go back to playing with that setup again, I may =
look at using a third party EFI controller (such as Megasquirt, if they =
are still making stuff that can be adapted to any generic injector), =
rather than going back to 2003 era user interface and =
controls.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>To =
set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the same steps that =
Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and return line from the back of the =
car to the firewall and mounted a regulator on the firewall. I initially =
used a high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, but currently =
I have the (stock) feed from the tank running about 12 inches forward, =
to a low pressure pre-filter. Then the return line is teed in, and we go =
to the fuel pump and then the high-pressure post filter. Those three =
pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind the Alpine spare tire =
well.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I'm=
 running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck ahead of =
the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt line. I =
also have a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header =
collector.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>To =
convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator out =
for one that would not flood the Holley carb's needle/seat. The (high =
pressure) fuel pump just ends up circulating the fuel through the return =
line, if there is any excess volume.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Che=
ers,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
o<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><hr=
 size=3D2 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter id=3Dzwchr></span></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Fro=
m: </span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&qu=
ot;tigers&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b=
>To: </b>&quot;Larry Mayfield&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Cc: =
</b>&quot;tigers&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b=
>Sent: </b>Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: =
[Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator =
Questions<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>May=
f,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty =
Youtube&nbsp;videos in which a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a =
289 HiPO-ish state and then put it in Brad Phillips&nbsp;Tiger.&nbsp; =
The plan was to do the engine swap and get the engine going with a =
Holley 4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL for a Holley Sniper EFI =
throttle-body unit.&nbsp; Brad got his Tiger going with the 4BBL setup =
but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper install.&nbsp; Brad's engine =
swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.&nbsp; Here are some =
links:<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Her=
e's the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3DWL&amp;i=
ndex=3D2&amp;t=3D26s" =
target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3D=
WL&amp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26s</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Her=
e's the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild:&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0s" =
target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0=
s</a><br clear=3Dall><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
re is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without =
EFI.&nbsp; So far I haven't found a link to =
it.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
have been making plans to make my car &quot;EFI-ready&quot;.&nbsp; That =
is, I want to have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.&nbsp; =
Current plan is to replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump =
and to house pump and pre and post filters in the same area as =
previously housed the OEM pump.&nbsp; I have made up a heat shield for =
the right-side muffler to keep from roasting the pump.&nbsp; Fuel return =
line will go into the top of the right fuel tank.&nbsp; I can provide =
pictures of the return line fittings if you are interested.&nbsp; I will =
be doing my own harness.&nbsp; The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a =
Tiger, assuming battery up front.&nbsp; Fuel relay and fuses for fuel =
pump and EFI will be located&nbsp;with the pump.&nbsp; Anticipating that =
the fuel pump and injectors will want to suck more current than the OEM =
generator can provide, I have done an alternator conversion.&nbsp; I =
already have a wide band O2 sensor installed for a PLX O2 readout so the =
O2 sensor is already there.&nbsp; Control of distributor advance is =
optional with the Sniper so I don't plan to do opt for that =
initially.&nbsp; Someday I would like to add it though.&nbsp; Should =
improve driveability and maybe =
performance.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Lik=
e I said, I want to make the car &quot;EFI-ready&quot; .&nbsp; Don't =
know if I will actually do the conversion, but I want to at least have =
it thought out so that I can get there from here if I decide =
to.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Wil=
l - 382001570 <br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></=
div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>On =
Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
have &nbsp;owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.&nbsp; Has been =
sitting quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it =
a bit more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking =
information from the groups experiences, those owners who have replaced =
the carb with an electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl =
versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the cast iron intake manifold. =
If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so =
far in my ownership&nbsp; has never been apart.&nbsp; I tend to lean =
toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some performance =
capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that.&nbsp; I also =
have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race =
motor. &nbsp;&nbsp;So, seeking real world experience on what and which =
brands are most user friendly while putting out power for driving =
around, having some fun (again). &nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Lar=
ry, mayf, drmayf etc<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>___=
____________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe: =
<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
m" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tigers@emb=
arqmail.com</a><br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><br=
>_______________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Do=
nate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></spa=
n></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D77B03.23022360--

--===============1096938294535386207==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1096938294535386207==--

---

From: Gary via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 12:07:52 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5709339590843313417==
 boundary="------------52BCA4B06720565812CCCEE7"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------52BCA4B06720565812CCCEE7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Mayf,
  Lookup Speeduino.   Arduino Mega  can do it.
  I was working on that for a GM 2bbl TBI a few years ago.. and got 
distracted.
  I may be able to get re-invigorated if someone else is working on it...
Gary

On 7/17/2021 11:58 AM, Larry Mayfield via Tigers wrote:
>
> Theo, interesting points you make. And I have not heard  Megasquirt is 
> a long while! Why not consider a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ? Certainly enough 
> brainpower. An arduino might  work also and it could handle it as 
> well. While I was thinking of a carb setup type of FI, a SEFI might be 
> just as good if implemented correctly. Or even a large throttle bore 
> with direct injection. Think I will look around and see if anyone has 
> made a DIY EFI system using any of this stuff.
>
> Thanks for reminding me…
>
> Mayf
>
> TWFS
>
> *From:* Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Friday, July 16, 2021 7:28 PM
> *To:* Will Seay <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>; tigers <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions
>
> Will and Mayf,
>
> I ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system 
> for about six or seven years. This is the system that got acquired (or 
> The version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in the 
> passenger compartment; later versions had the electronics all 
> integrated in the throttle body assembly. This simplifies the wiring 
> but subjects the electronics to the under-hood heat, which is maybe 
> not a great idea.
>
> When I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far I have 
> not put the BossEFI back on yet. The programming interface for the 
> BossEFI system was ... not great. It came with a number of pre-built 
> maps, but it was not easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially 
> its integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing control was just 
> weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the part throttle operation was not 
> easy to get right. This is partially because the Tiger will run all 
> day at really small throttle openings, and so you're always tuning 
> just a hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure if a throttle body 
> that had the injectors below the throttle plates would be better in 
> that regard.
>
> If / when I get time to go back to playing with that setup again, I 
> may look at using a third party EFI controller (such as Megasquirt, if 
> they are still making stuff that can be adapted to any generic 
> injector), rather than going back to 2003 era user interface and controls.
>
> To set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the same steps 
> that Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and return line from the back 
> of the car to the firewall and mounted a regulator on the firewall. I 
> initially used a high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, 
> but currently I have the (stock) feed from the tank running about 12 
> inches forward, to a low pressure pre-filter. Then the return line is 
> teed in, and we go to the fuel pump and then the high-pressure post 
> filter. Those three pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind the 
> Alpine spare tire well.
>
> I'm running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck 
> ahead of the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt 
> line. I also have a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right 
> header collector.
>
> To convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator 
> out for one that would not flood the Holley carb's needle/seat. The 
> (high pressure) fuel pump just ends up circulating the fuel through 
> the return line, if there is any excess volume.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Theo
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *Sent: *Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM
> *Subject: *Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions
>
> Mayf,
>
> HiPO-ish state and then put it in Brad Phillips Tiger.  The plan was 
> to do the engine swap and get the engine going with a Holley 4BBL 
> setup and then switch the 4BBL for a Holley Sniper EFI throttle-body 
> unit.  Brad got his Tiger going with the 4BBL setup but, to my 
> knowledge, never did the Sniper install.  Brad's engine swap was 
> recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.  Here are some links:
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWYRPH24Bw&list=WL&index=2&t=26s>
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVtrnxx3rTE&t=0s>
>
> I have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready". That is, I want 
> to have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.  Current plan is to 
> replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump and to house 
> pump and pre and post filters in the same area as previously housed 
> the OEM pump.  I have made up a heat shield for the right-side muffler 
> to keep from roasting the pump.  Fuel return line will go into the top 
> of the right fuel tank.  I can provide pictures of the return line 
> fittings if you are interested.  I will be doing my own harness.  The 
> Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger, assuming battery up 
> front.  Fuel relay and fuses for fuel pump and EFI will be 
> located with the pump. Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors 
> will want to suck more current than the OEM generator can provide, I 
> have done an alternator conversion.  I already have a wide band O2 
> sensor installed for a PLX O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already 
> there. Control of distributor advance is optional with the Sniper so I 
> don't plan to do opt for that initially.  Someday I would like to add 
> it though. Should improve driveability and maybe performance.
>
> Like I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" .  Don't know if I 
> will actually do the conversion, but I want to at least have it 
> thought out so that I can get there from here if I decide to.
>
> Will - 382001570
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers 
>
>     I have  owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.  Has been
>     sitting quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to
>     drive it a bit more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So,
>     seeking information from the groups experiences, those owners who
>     have replaced the carb with an electronic injected version: either
>     2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the cast
>     iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a
>     bone stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership  has never been
>     apart.  I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt
>     289 with some performance capability and I would need to buy a
>     manifold for that.  I also have my 260 LSR motor which has the
>     full treatment and is a real race motor.   So, seeking real world
>     experience on what and which brands are most user friendly while
>     putting out power for driving around, having some fun (again).
>
>     Larry, mayf, drmayf etc
>
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers>
>     http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
>     Unsubscribe:
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers> http://autox.team.net/archive 
> <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
>
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------52BCA4B06720565812CCCEE7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Hi Mayf,<br>
     Lookup Speeduino.   Arduino Mega  can do it.<br>
     I was working on that for a GM 2bbl TBI a few years ago.. and got
    distracted.<br>
     I may be able to get re-invigorated if someone else is working on
    it...<br>
    Gary<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/17/2021 11:58 AM, Larry Mayfield
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Theo, interesting points you make. And I
          have not heard  Megasquirt is a long while! Why not consider a
          Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ? Certainly enough brainpower. An arduino
          might  work also and it could handle it as well. While I was
          thinking of a carb setup type of FI, a SEFI might be just as
          good if implemented correctly. Or even a large throttle bore
          with direct injection. Think I will look around and see if
          anyone has made a DIY EFI system using any of this stuff. <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks for reminding me… <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Mayf<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">TWFS<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Theo Smit
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 16, 2021 7:28 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> Will Seay <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Cc:</b> Larry Mayfield <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
              tigers <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and
              alternator Questions<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Will
                and Mayf,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body
                injection system for about six or seven years. This is
                the system that got acquired (or at least rebranded and
                marketed) by Professional Products.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">The
                version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in
                the passenger compartment; later versions had the
                electronics all integrated in the throttle body
                assembly. This simplifies the wiring but subjects the
                electronics to the under-hood heat, which is maybe not a
                great idea.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">When
                I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far
                I have not put the BossEFI back on yet. The programming
                interface for the BossEFI system was ... not great. It
                came with a number of pre-built maps, but it was not
                easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially its
                integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing
                control was just weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the
                part throttle operation was not easy to get right. This
                is partially because the Tiger will run all day at
                really small throttle openings, and so you're always
                tuning just a hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure
                if a throttle body that had the injectors below the
                throttle plates would be better in that regard.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">If
                / when I get time to go back to playing with that setup
                again, I may look at using a third party EFI controller
                (such as Megasquirt, if they are still making stuff that
                can be adapted to any generic injector), rather than
                going back to 2003 era user interface and controls.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">To
                set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the
                same steps that Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and
                return line from the back of the car to the firewall and
                mounted a regulator on the firewall. I initially used a
                high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, but
                currently I have the (stock) feed from the tank running
                about 12 inches forward, to a low pressure pre-filter.
                Then the return line is teed in, and we go to the fuel
                pump and then the high-pressure post filter. Those three
                pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind the
                Alpine spare tire well.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I'm
                running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough
                to tuck ahead of the right cylinder head, still
                preserving the stock fan belt line. I also have a Plex
                wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header
                collector.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">To
                convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45
                PSI regulator out for one that would not flood the
                Holley carb's needle/seat. The (high pressure) fuel pump
                just ends up circulating the fuel through the return
                line, if there is any excess volume.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Cheers,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Theo<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center"
            align="center"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">
              <hr id="zwchr" width="100%" size="2" align="center"></span></div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">From:
                </span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">"tigers"
                &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                <b>To: </b>"Larry Mayfield" &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                <b>Cc: </b>"tigers" &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                <b>Sent: </b>Friday, July 16, 2021 3:38:16 PM<br>
                <b>Subject: </b>Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and
                alternator Questions<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Mayf,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                    got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of
                    Hagerty Youtube videos in which a Fairlane (5-bolt)
                    289 was rebuilt to a 289 HiPO-ish state and then put
                    it in Brad Phillips Tiger.  The plan was to do the
                    engine swap and get the engine going with a Holley
                    4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL for a Holley
                    Sniper EFI throttle-body unit.  Brad got his Tiger
                    going with the 4BBL setup but, to my knowledge,
                    never did the Sniper install.  Brad's engine swap
                    was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.  Here
                    are some links:<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Here's
                    the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine
                    swap:  <a
href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=WL&amp;index=2&amp;t=26s"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=WL&amp;index=2&amp;t=26s</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Here's
                    the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild: 
                    <a
                      href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=0s"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=0s</a><br
                      clear="all">
                    <o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">There
                    is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with
                    and without EFI.  So far I haven't found a link to
                    it.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                    have been making plans to make my car "EFI-ready". 
                    That is, I want to have a plan for each aspect of
                    the conversion.  Current plan is to replace the OEM
                    fuel pump with the high pressure pump and to house
                    pump and pre and post filters in the same area as
                    previously housed the OEM pump.  I have made up a
                    heat shield for the right-side muffler to keep from
                    roasting the pump.  Fuel return line will go into
                    the top of the right fuel tank.  I can provide
                    pictures of the return line fittings if you are
                    interested.  I will be doing my own harness.  The
                    Holley harness is bass ackwards for a Tiger,
                    assuming battery up front.  Fuel relay and fuses for
                    fuel pump and EFI will be located with the pump. 
                    Anticipating that the fuel pump and injectors will
                    want to suck more current than the OEM generator can
                    provide, I have done an alternator conversion.  I
                    already have a wide band O2 sensor installed for a
                    PLX O2 readout so the O2 sensor is already there. 
                    Control of distributor advance is optional with the
                    Sniper so I don't plan to do opt for that
                    initially.  Someday I would like to add it though. 
                    Should improve driveability and maybe performance.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Like
                    I said, I want to make the car "EFI-ready" .  Don't
                    know if I will actually do the conversion, but I
                    want to at least have it thought out so that I can
                    get there from here if I decide to.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Will
                        - 382001570 <br>
                        <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            <div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">On
                    Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via
                    Tigers &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC
                1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in
                6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                        have  owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it
                        used.  Has been sitting quietly now for quite a
                        number of years. And I want to drive it a bit
                        more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol.
                        So, seeking information from the groups
                        experiences, those owners who have replaced the
                        carb with an electronic injected version: either
                        2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would
                        just use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl
                        I need to know which is best for a bone stock
                        260 cid which so far in my ownership  has never
                        been apart.  I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl
                        version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some
                        performance capability and I would need to buy a
                        manifold for that.  I also have my 260 LSR motor
                        which has the full treatment and is a real race
                        motor.   So, seeking real world experience on
                        what and which brands are most user friendly
                        while putting out power for driving around,
                        having some fun (again).   <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Larry,
                        mayf, drmayf etc<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">_______________________________________________<br>
                    <br>
                    <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                    <br>
                    Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                    Archive: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                    <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                    <br>
                    Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
                    <br>
                    <o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><br>
                _______________________________________________<br>
                <br>
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <br>
                Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                <br>
                Unsubscribe: <a
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------52BCA4B06720565812CCCEE7--

--===============5709339590843313417==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5709339590843313417==--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 19:32:59 -0400

--===============2676578852878686114==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0013_01D77B42.8E035500"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D77B42.8E035500
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Seems to me I saw an article about the different EFI assemblies and kits =
=E2=80=93 if only I could find it.

=20

I did find this =E2=80=93 multiple articles on the subject

Hope it helps

https://www.motortrend.com/s/efi/

=20

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Gary via =
Tigers
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

=20

Hi Mayf,
 Lookup Speeduino.   Arduino Mega  can do it.
 I was working on that for a GM 2bbl TBI a few years ago.. and got =
distracted.
 I may be able to get re-invigorated if someone else is working on it...
Gary

=20

Mayf

TWFS

=20

=20

=20

Will and Mayf,

=20

=20

=20

=20

Cheers,

Theo

=20

=20

  _____ =20

=20

Mayf,

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Will - 382001570=20

=20

=20

=20

Larry, mayf, drmayf etc

=20

=20

Unsubscribe: =

_______________________________________________
=20
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
http://autox.team.net/archive
=20
Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
=20
=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D77B42.8E035500
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Consolas",serif;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Seems to =
me I saw an article about the different EFI assemblies and kits =
=E2=80=93 if only I could find it.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I did find =
this =E2=80=93 multiple articles on the subject<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hope it helps<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://www.motortrend.com/s/efi/">https://www.motortrend.com/s/e=
fi/</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Gary via =
Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:08 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement =
carb and alternator Questions<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Hi Mayf,<br>&nbsp;Lookup =
Speeduino.&nbsp;&nbsp; Arduino Mega&nbsp; can do it.<br>&nbsp;I was =
working on that for a GM 2bbl TBI a few years ago.. and got =
distracted.<br>&nbsp;I may be able to get re-invigorated if someone else =
is working on it...<br>Gary<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 7/17/2021 11:58 AM, Larry Mayfield via Tigers =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Theo, interesting points you make. And I have not =
heard &nbsp;Megasquirt is a long while! Why not consider a Raspberry Pi =
3 B+ ? Certainly enough brainpower. An arduino might &nbsp;work also and =
it could handle it as well. While I was thinking of a carb setup type of =
FI, a SEFI might be just as good if implemented correctly. Or even a =
large throttle bore with direct injection. Think I will look around and =
see if anyone has made a DIY EFI system using any of this stuff. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for reminding me=E2=80=A6 =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TWFS<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Theo Smit <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <br><b>Sent:</b> =
Friday, July 16, 2021 7:28 PM<br><b>To:</b> Will Seay <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><b=
r><b>Cc:</b> Larry Mayfield <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>; tigers =
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><b=
r><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator =
Questions<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Wil=
l and Mayf,</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
ran my Tiger with a BossEFI 4-barrel throttle body injection system for =
about six or seven years. This is the system that got acquired (or at =
least rebranded and marketed) by Professional =
Products.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
 version I had, still had the ECU separately mounted in the passenger =
compartment; later versions had the electronics all integrated in the =
throttle body assembly. This simplifies the wiring but subjects the =
electronics to the under-hood heat, which is maybe not a great =
idea.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Whe=
n I bought my crate motor, it came with a carb and so far I have not put =
the BossEFI back on yet. The programming interface for the BossEFI =
system was ... not great. It came with a number of pre-built maps, but =
it was not easy to tweak in a logical way, and especially its =
integration of air/fuel ratio feedback and timing control was just =
weird. The car ran fine at WOT but the part throttle operation was not =
easy to get right. This is partially because the Tiger will run all day =
at really small throttle openings, and so you're always tuning just a =
hair off the idle settings. I'm not sure if a throttle body that had the =
injectors below the throttle plates would be better in that =
regard.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>If =
/ when I get time to go back to playing with that setup again, I may =
look at using a third party EFI controller (such as Megasquirt, if they =
are still making stuff that can be adapted to any generic injector), =
rather than going back to 2003 era user interface and =
controls.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>To =
set the car up for the EFI system, I took many of the same steps that =
Will did. I plumbed a 3/8 inch feed and return line from the back of the =
car to the firewall and mounted a regulator on the firewall. I initially =
used a high volume canister filter as a sort of surge can, but currently =
I have the (stock) feed from the tank running about 12 inches forward, =
to a low pressure pre-filter. Then the return line is teed in, and we go =
to the fuel pump and then the high-pressure post filter. Those three =
pieces are all mounted under the trunk, behind the Alpine spare tire =
well.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I'm=
 running a Denso 70 amp alternator that is small enough to tuck ahead of =
the right cylinder head, still preserving the stock fan belt line. I =
also have a Plex wideband O2 sensor mounted in the right header =
collector.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>To =
convert back to the carburetor, I just swapped the 45 PSI regulator out =
for one that would not flood the Holley carb's needle/seat. The (high =
pressure) fuel pump just ends up circulating the fuel through the return =
line, if there is any excess volume.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Che=
ers,</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
o</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><hr=
 size=3D2 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter></span></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Fro=
m: </span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&qu=
ot;tigers&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b=
[Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator =
Questions</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>May=
f,</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
got the EFI bug some time ago when I saw a series of Hagerty =
Youtube&nbsp;videos in which a Fairlane (5-bolt) 289 was rebuilt to a =
289 HiPO-ish state and then put it in Brad Phillips&nbsp;Tiger.&nbsp; =
The plan was to do the engine swap and get the engine going with a =
Holley 4BBL setup and then switch the 4BBL for a Holley Sniper EFI =
throttle-body unit.&nbsp; Brad got his Tiger going with the 4BBL setup =
but, to my knowledge, never did the Sniper install.&nbsp; Brad's engine =
swap was recorded in a series of 12 Youtube videos.&nbsp; Here are some =
links:</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Her=
e's the first episode of Brad Phillips 289 engine swap:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3DWL&amp;i=
ndex=3D2&amp;t=3D26s" =
target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCzWYRPH24Bw&amp;list=3D=
WL&amp;index=3D2&amp;t=3D26s</a></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Her=
e's the Hagerty time-lapse video of the engine rebuild:&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0s" =
target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtVtrnxx3rTE&amp;t=3D0=
s</a><br clear=3Dall></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>The=
re is a Youtube video of a dyno test of the engine with and without =
EFI.&nbsp; So far I haven't found a link to =
it.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
have been making plans to make my car &quot;EFI-ready&quot;.&nbsp; That =
is, I want to have a plan for each aspect of the conversion.&nbsp; =
Current plan is to replace the OEM fuel pump with the high pressure pump =
and to house pump and pre and post filters in the same area as =
previously housed the OEM pump.&nbsp; I have made up a heat shield for =
the right-side muffler to keep from roasting the pump.&nbsp; Fuel return =
line will go into the top of the right fuel tank.&nbsp; I can provide =
pictures of the return line fittings if you are interested.&nbsp; I will =
be doing my own harness.&nbsp; The Holley harness is bass ackwards for a =
Tiger, assuming battery up front.&nbsp; Fuel relay and fuses for fuel =
pump and EFI will be located&nbsp;with the pump.&nbsp; Anticipating that =
the fuel pump and injectors will want to suck more current than the OEM =
generator can provide, I have done an alternator conversion.&nbsp; I =
already have a wide band O2 sensor installed for a PLX O2 readout so the =
O2 sensor is already there.&nbsp; Control of distributor advance is =
optional with the Sniper so I don't plan to do opt for that =
initially.&nbsp; Someday I would like to add it though.&nbsp; Should =
improve driveability and maybe =
performance.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Lik=
e I said, I want to make the car &quot;EFI-ready&quot; .&nbsp; Don't =
know if I will actually do the conversion, but I want to at least have =
it thought out so that I can get there from here if I decide =
to.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Wil=
l - 382001570 <br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a></span><o:p></o:p></p></div></=
div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>On =
Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5=
.0pt'><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
have &nbsp;owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.&nbsp; Has been =
sitting quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it =
a bit more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking =
information from the groups experiences, those owners who have replaced =
the carb with an electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl =
versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the cast iron intake manifold. =
If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so =
far in my ownership&nbsp; has never been apart.&nbsp; I tend to lean =
toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some performance =
capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that.&nbsp; I also =
have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race =
motor. &nbsp;&nbsp;So, seeking real world experience on what and which =
brands are most user friendly while putting out power for driving =
around, having some fun (again). &nbsp;&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Lar=
ry, mayf, drmayf etc</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>&nb=
sp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>___=
____________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe: =
<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
m" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tigers@emb=
arqmail.com</a><br><br><br></span><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><br=
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Do=
nate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a></span><o:p></o:=
p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>___________________________=
____________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p=
></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.=
net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D77B42.8E035500--

--===============2676578852878686114==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2676578852878686114==--