Subject: [Tigers] Radiator Cap

From: Joe Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:07:26 -0500

--===============2140506362170531323==

--00000000000017f80705c82219cf

Hi,

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me what radiator cap I should be
using.  I've tried a cap that was listed as being for a Tiger on Autozone's
website but I think the pressure spring part under the cap is too short.  I
almost immediately start getting water out of the overflow tube as the
engine warms up.  I measured the depth of the expansion tank opening from
the top edge to the flange where the spring part of the cap would sit and
got .777".  I measured the cap from the big rubber seal just under the cap
to the small rubber seal at the end of the spring and got something like
.75".  So it looks like I need a cap with a longer spring stem.

A brand name and part number would be great.  And also, what should the
pressure rating be?  What I have is 13 lbs.

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--00000000000017f80705c82219cf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>I&#39;m hoping one of you guys can =
tell me what radiator cap I should be using.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve tried a cap tha=
t was listed as being for a Tiger on Autozone&#39;s website but I think the=
 pressure spring part under the cap is too short.=C2=A0 I almost immediatel=
y start getting water out of the overflow tube as the engine warms up.=C2=
=A0 I measured the depth of the expansion tank opening from the top edge to=
 the flange where the spring part of the cap would sit and got .777&quot;.=
=C2=A0 I measured the cap from the big rubber seal just under the cap to th=
e small rubber seal at the end of the spring and got something like .75&quo=
t;.=C2=A0 So it looks like I need a cap with a longer spring stem.=C2=A0=C2=
=A0</div><div><br></div><div>A brand name and part number would be great.=
=C2=A0 And also, what should the pressure rating be?=C2=A0 What I have is 1=
3 lbs.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Joe Brown</div></div>

--00000000000017f80705c82219cf--

--===============2140506362170531323==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============2140506362170531323==--

---

From: jimdamelio via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:11:20 -0400

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365896744100

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365897760771
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365897760771
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365897760771--

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365896744100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20210728_195027_resized.jpg";
 size=967712

/9k=

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365896744100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20210728_195000_resized.jpg";
 size=1176222

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365896744100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

----_com.samsung.android.email_5232365896744100--