Subject: [Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 06:46:58 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4097030996958199639==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D77A0E.61150FA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D77A0E.61150FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have  owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used.  Has been sitting
quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more
now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the
groups experiences, those owners who have replaced the carb with an
electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I
would just use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which
is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership  has never
been apart.  I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289
with some performance capability and I would need to buy a manifold for
that.  I also have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a
real race motor.   So, seeking real world experience on what and which
brands are most user friendly while putting out power for driving around,
having some fun (again).   

Larry, mayf, drmayf etc

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D77A0E.61150FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have &nbsp;owned my Tiger =
since Jan 1967, bought it used. &nbsp;Has been sitting quietly now for =
quite a number of years. And I want to drive it a bit more now. But =
carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking information from the groups =
experiences, those owners who have replaced the carb with an electronic =
injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl versions. If 2 bbl then I would =
just use the cast iron intake manifold. If 4 bbl I need to know which is =
best for a bone stock 260 cid which so far in my ownership&nbsp; has =
never been apart.&nbsp; I tend to lean toward a 4 bbl version as I have =
a 5 bolt 289 with some performance capability and I would need to buy a =
manifold for that.&nbsp; I also have my 260 LSR motor which has the full =
treatment and is a real race motor. &nbsp;&nbsp;So, seeking real world =
experience on what and which brands are most user friendly while putting =
out power for driving around, having some fun (again). =
&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Larry, mayf, drmayf etc<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D77A0E.61150FA0--

--===============4097030996958199639==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4097030996958199639==--

---

From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:25:42 -0700

--===============2417695881675823957==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0057_01D77B30.C654ECA0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01D77B30.C654ECA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Folks, my question has taken on a life of it's own. And in a direction I
wasn't needing to go, lol.

What I was hoping for was owners who had decided to replace the carb with a
high tech unit, one of those EFI units that looks like a carb. An owner who
had decided to select one, buy it, and get it going. Then for experiences on
how hard it was to select (and what the criteria was), install it , how
programming it for the tiger engine might have been, how is fuel economy,
enjoyability in driving, and so forth.  

Remember me? I am the guy who took an old Alpine, that was headed to the
crusher and turned it into the worlds fastest sunbeam, with a turbo charged
Ford 306 CID fuel injected LSR car. I hacked up an old 1989 Ford Mustang
harness, bought a tuner chip system (TweecerRT), made it work and it ran
like a banshee.  I am not a noob looking for basic EFI stuff although it is
probably good info for those who want to use a SEFI system in their cars. I
wuz looking for simpler and cheaper, lol. With how well it seems to
function. I live in Pahrump and may have the only Tiger in this particular
area of the planet. 

I do want to say thanks to all who have replied, no matter the direction, I
read 'em all!   

Sorry for the confusion on what I was  seeking. 

The race engine used 65 lb/hr injectors that I have misplaced. anybody know
where they are, lol.. 8 of them are hiding from me.

Again, sorry for the confusion and thanks to the many who did reply!

Larry

TWFS designer, builder , fabricator, driver  

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 6:47 AM
To: 'Tiger Autox' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

Larry, mayf, drmayf etc

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01D77B30.C654ECA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Folks, my question has taken =
on a life of it&#8217;s own. And in a direction I wasn&#8217;t needing =
to go, lol.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>What I was hoping for was owners who had decided to =
replace the carb with a high tech unit, one of those EFI units that =
looks like a carb. An owner who had decided to select one, buy it, and =
get it going. Then for experiences on how hard it was to select (and =
what the criteria was), install it , how programming it for the tiger =
engine might have been, how is fuel economy, &nbsp;enjoyability in =
driving, and so forth.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Remember me? =
I am the guy who took an old Alpine, that was headed to the crusher and =
turned it into the worlds fastest sunbeam, with a turbo charged Ford 306 =
CID fuel injected LSR car. I hacked up an old 1989 Ford Mustang harness, =
bought a tuner chip system (TweecerRT), made it work and it ran like a =
banshee. &nbsp;I am not a noob looking for basic EFI stuff although it =
is probably good info for those who want to use a SEFI system in their =
cars. I wuz looking for simpler and cheaper, lol. With how well it seems =
to function. I live in Pahrump and may have the only Tiger in this =
particular area of the planet. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I do want to =
say thanks to all who have replied, no matter the direction, I read =
&#8216;em all!&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Sorry for =
the confusion on what I was &nbsp;seeking. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The race =
engine used 65 lb/hr injectors that I have misplaced&#8230; anybody know =
where they are, lol.. 8 of them are hiding from =
me&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Again, sorry for the confusion and thanks to the many =
who did reply!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Larry<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TWFS =
designer, builder , fabricator, driver&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Larry Mayfield =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 16, 2021 6:47 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> 'Tiger Autox' =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Tiger eplacement carb =
and alternator Questions<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
&nbsp;owned my Tiger since Jan 1967, bought it used. &nbsp;Has been =
sitting quietly now for quite a number of years. And I want to drive it =
a bit more now. But carbs are so old fashioned, lol. So, seeking =
information from the groups experiences, those owners who have replaced =
the carb with an electronic injected version: either 2 bbl or f bbl =
versions. If 2 bbl then I would just use the cast iron intake manifold. =
If 4 bbl I need to know which is best for a bone stock 260 cid which so =
far in my ownership&nbsp; has never been apart.&nbsp; I tend to lean =
toward a 4 bbl version as I have a 5 bolt 289 with some performance =
capability and I would need to buy a manifold for that.&nbsp; I also =
have my 260 LSR motor which has the full treatment and is a real race =
motor. &nbsp;&nbsp;So, seeking real world experience on what and which =
brands are most user friendly while putting out power for driving =
around, having some fun (again). &nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Larry, mayf, =
drmayf etc<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0057_01D77B30.C654ECA0--

--===============2417695881675823957==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2417695881675823957==--