Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 107

From: daniel doornbos via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:06:12 +0000

--===============0369770996759158198==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY4PR18MB1496FE1972DFA5AB259DF6DAFD039CY4PR18MB1496namp_"

--_000_CY4PR18MB1496FE1972DFA5AB259DF6DAFD039CY4PR18MB1496namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tom,  yes deleting the power booster.  I've got Mike H Mustang 2 front end =
with 5 lug Wilwood spindles.  Out back I've upgraded to a Ford 8.8 floating=
 rear end for disc brakes.  I've bought modern Wilwood calipers and rotors =
for all 4 corners and with that, the piston surface area is significant at =
23 sq in.  In talking to the tech support they recommend a 6:1 pedal ratio =
and a 15/16 MC.  That said Wilwoods own pedal assemblies are a 7:1 ratio.

Reading up on brakes I found that folks who cam up modern Camero and Mustan=
gs wind up with no manifold vacuum and delete the power booster.  In those =
applications summit, jegs, etc sell a booster delete kit with a 1" MC.  Man=
y of those cars would have similar or more brake piston surface area.

The car was at the body shop for 1.5 years, and when I got it back in may 2=
020.  Then last year all I did was put in the block/heads/headers to start =
the rest of the moc up.  It feels good to get things moving again in the la=
st few weeks.

dan

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:22:00 -0700
From: Tom Witt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake & Clutch pedal ratio modification

Dan,

 ???It looks like you have a good handle on this modification. Will you
will delete the booster?

As for trashing parts, if you have the room don't. Can't speak for the
core value of the MC and Generator but at least one of the two factory
exhaust manifolds is specific to the Tiger - _if I'm recalling
correctly_. It use to be cast manifolds were considered a toe stubbing
nuisance but I'm quite surprised at what people are asking for them
these days as they regard 60's/70's cars across all brands. Some prefer
the cast manifolds on the Tiger rather then deal with _potential_ leaks
with headers. Or some build to originality and would seek the cast
manifolds if the car they have has previously installed headers.

--_000_CY4PR18MB1496FE1972DFA5AB259DF6DAFD039CY4PR18MB1496namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Tom,&nbsp; yes deleting the power booster.&nbsp; I've got Mike H Mustang 2 =
front end with 5 lug Wilwood spindles.&nbsp; Out back I've upgraded to a Fo=
rd 8.8 floating rear end for disc brakes.&nbsp; I've bought modern Wilwood =
calipers and rotors for all 4 corners and with that,
 the piston surface area is significant at 23 sq in.&nbsp; In talking to th=
e tech support they recommend a 6:1 pedal ratio and a 15/16 MC.&nbsp; That =
said Wilwoods own pedal assemblies are a 7:1 ratio.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Reading up on brakes I found that folks who cam up modern Camero and Mustan=
gs wind up with no manifold vacuum and delete the power booster.&nbsp; In t=
hose applications summit, jegs, etc sell a booster delete kit with a 1&quot=
; MC.&nbsp; Many of those cars would have similar
 or more brake piston surface area.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
The car was at the body shop for 1.5 years, and when I got it back in may 2=
020.&nbsp; Then last year all I did was put in the block/heads/headers to s=
tart the rest of the moc up.&nbsp; It feels good to get things moving again=
 in the last few weeks.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
dan&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt"=
<div class=3D"PlainText"><br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 3<br>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:22:00 -0700<br>
From: Tom Witt &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake &amp; Clutch pedal ratio modification<br>
t;flowed&quot;<br>
<br>
Dan,<br>
<br>
&nbsp;???It looks like you have a good handle on this modification. Will yo=
u <br>
will delete the booster?<br>
<br>
<br>
As for trashing parts, if you have the room don't. Can't speak for the <br>
core value of the MC and Generator but at least one of the two factory <br>
exhaust manifolds is specific to the Tiger - _if I'm recalling <br>
correctly_. It use to be cast manifolds were considered a toe stubbing <br>
nuisance but I'm quite surprised at what people are asking for them <br>
these days as they regard 60's/70's cars across all brands. Some prefer <br=
the cast manifolds on the Tiger rather then deal with _potential_ leaks <br=
with headers. Or some build to originality and would seek the cast <br>
manifolds if the car they have has previously installed headers.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CY4PR18MB1496FE1972DFA5AB259DF6DAFD039CY4PR18MB1496namp_--

--===============0369770996759158198==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0369770996759158198==--