Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake & Clutch pedal ratio modification

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 16:18:03 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8069246042137507972==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0010_01D76C39.2CA167B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D76C39.2CA167B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dan

                Rule # 1 - Never throw a Tiger part out.

Original generator has a Tiger specific fan and pulley

Original exhaust manifolds - 1 is a Falcon part the other is Tiger specific

Just when your about to throw a Tiger part out refer to Rule #1

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of daniel doornbos
via Tigers
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 3:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Brake & Clutch pedal ratio modification

All, I sent the question last week about the stock 4:1 to 6:1 pedal ratio.
Tom H as always has a great solution ready to go and he sent his work
details.  Tom's solution is great and well-engineered for those not wanting
to alter the firewall.

I don't mind the firewall modifications and since my car is a body only in
primer the firewall modification is easy.  Don't look at the photos if you
don't want to see the cutting of a Tiger.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9

A quick run down of changes.

*	stock pedal ratio is 4:1, clevis pin hole is 3" from pivot and the
pedal is 12" long.  
*	Needed to drill a new 1/4 in hole 2" from pivot (1" higher than
stock) for the clevis.  I did build up and grind smooth some extra material
with the welder to match the thickness 
*	The plan is to use the standard pedal mount top hole in the
firewall.
*	Once the pedal was drilled the pedal bracket needed to be shortened
and the lower mount hole moved up by 1" so I trimmed, drilled and welded the
braket to clear the higher clevis pin
*	For the firewall I've cut a piece of steel plate and traced the
stock holes to overlay on the firewall
*	I cut out two slots in the firewall leaving the perpendicular
reinforcement braces to allow for moving up the MCs and pushrods.  
*	I've ordered a 0.7 clutch and 15/16 Brake (Datsun) MC.  Once I have
those and am sure of the mounting hole pieces I'll drill the plate bolt it
in place and weld it into position.   Then I need to sort out the pushrod
pin length and retention.

I'm really happy with how the work went over the weekend.  Please give any
feedback if I'm overlooking something critical or if anyone has done
anything similar.

Also in digging through parts I was trying to decide if I should keep or
trash parts.  Specifically, any reason to keep the original Master
Cylinders, Exhaust manifolds, or generator?  

thanks for looking

dan

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D76C39.2CA167B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Wingdings;
	panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:1732970193;
	mso-list-template-ids:992002224;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0B7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:.5in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Symbol;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:o;
	mso-level-tab-stop:1.0in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:1.5in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:2.0in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:2.5in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:3.0in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:3.5in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:4.0in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:4.5in;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Dan<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Rule # 1 - <b>Never throw a Tiger =
part out.<o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Original generator has a Tiger specific fan and =
pulley<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Original exhaust manifolds =
&#8211; 1 is a Falcon part the other is Tiger specific<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Just when =
your about to throw a Tiger part out refer to Rule #1<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>daniel =
doornbos via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, June 28, 2021 3:44 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Brake =
&amp; Clutch pedal ratio modification<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>All, I sent the question last =
week about the stock 4:1 to 6:1 pedal ratio.&nbsp; Tom H as always has a =
great solution ready to go and he sent his work details.&nbsp; Tom's =
solution is great and well-engineered for those not wanting to alter the =
firewall.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>I =
don't mind the firewall modifications and since my car is a body only in =
primer the firewall modification is easy.&nbsp; Don't look at the photos =
if you don't want to see the cutting of a Tiger.&nbsp;&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9" =
id=3DLPlnk>https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9</a><o:p></o:p></sp=
an></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>A =
quick run down of changes.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><ul =
type=3Ddisc><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>stock pedal =
ratio is 4:1, clevis pin hole is 3&quot; from pivot and the pedal is =
12&quot; long.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></li><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Needed to drill =
a new 1/4 in hole 2&quot; from pivot (1&quot; higher than stock) for the =
clevis.&nbsp; I did build up and grind smooth some extra material with =
the welder to match the thickness&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></li><li =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>The plan is to =
use the standard pedal mount top hole in the =
firewall.<o:p></o:p></span></li><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Once the pedal =
was drilled the pedal bracket needed to be shortened and the lower mount =
hole moved up by 1&quot; so I trimmed, drilled and welded the braket to =
clear the higher clevis pin<o:p></o:p></span></li><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>For the =
firewall I've cut a piece of steel plate and traced the stock holes to =
overlay on the firewall<o:p></o:p></span></li><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>I cut out two =
slots in the firewall leaving the perpendicular reinforcement braces to =
allow for moving up the MCs and =
pushrods.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></li><li class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'color:black;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;m=
so-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>I've ordered a =
0.7 clutch and 15/16 Brake (Datsun) MC.&nbsp; Once I have those and am =
sure of the mounting hole pieces I'll drill the plate bolt it in place =
and weld it into position.&nbsp; &nbsp;Then I need to sort out the =
pushrod pin length and retention.<o:p></o:p></span></li></ul><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>I'm really happy with how the =
work went over the weekend.&nbsp; Please give any feedback if I'm =
overlooking something critical or if anyone has done anything =
similar.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>Also in digging through parts I =
was trying to decide if I should keep or trash parts.&nbsp; =
Specifically, any reason to keep the original Master Cylinders, Exhaust =
manifolds, or generator?&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>thanks for =
looking<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>dan<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></d=
iv><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
</div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D76C39.2CA167B0--

--===============8069246042137507972==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8069246042137507972==--

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:22:00 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4774909403304561042==
 boundary="------------3211264B6C15E3885C61C101"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3211264B6C15E3885C61C101
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Dan,

 �It looks like you have a good handle on this modification. Will you 
will delete the booster?

As for trashing parts, if you have the room don't. Can't speak for the 
core value of the MC and Generator but at least one of the two factory 
exhaust manifolds is specific to the Tiger - _if I'm recalling 
correctly_. It use to be cast manifolds were considered a toe stubbing 
nuisance but I'm quite surprised at what people are asking for them 
these days as they regard 60's/70's cars across all brands. Some prefer 
the cast manifolds on the Tiger rather then deal with _potential_ leaks 
with headers. Or some build to originality and would seek the cast 
manifolds if the car they have has previously installed headers.

On 6/28/2021 12:44 PM, daniel doornbos via Tigers wrote:
> All, I sent the question last week about the stock 4:1 to 6:1 pedal 
> ratio.� Tom H as always has a great solution ready to go and he sent 
> his work details.� Tom's solution is great and well-engineered for 
> those not wanting to alter the firewall.
>
> I don't mind the firewall modifications and since my car is a body 
> only in primer the firewall modification is easy.� Don't look at the 
> photos if you don't want to see the cutting of a Tiger. 
> <https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9>
>
>     stock) for the clevis.� I did build up and grind smooth some extra
>     material with the welder to match the thickness
>   * The plan is to use the standard pedal mount top hole in the firewall.
>   * Once the pedal was drilled the pedal bracket needed to be
>     shortened and the lower mount hole moved up by 1" so I trimmed,
>     drilled and welded the braket to clear the higher clevis pin
>     those and am sure of the mounting hole pieces I'll drill the plate
>     bolt it in place and weld it into position.� �Then I need to sort
>     out the pushrod pin length and retention.
>
>
> I'm really happy with how the work went over the weekend. Please give 
> any feedback if I'm overlooking something critical or if anyone has 
> done anything similar.
>
> Also in digging through parts I was trying to decide if I should keep 
> or trash parts.� Specifically, any reason to keep the original Master 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------3211264B6C15E3885C61C101
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Dan,</p>
    <p>�It looks like you have a good handle on this modification. Will
      you will delete the booster?</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>As for trashing parts, if you have the room don't. Can't speak
      for the core value of the MC and Generator but at least one of the
      two factory exhaust manifolds is specific to the Tiger - <u>if
        I'm recalling correctly</u>. It use to be cast manifolds were
      considered a toe stubbing nuisance but I'm quite surprised at what
      people are asking for them these days as they regard 60's/70's
      cars across all brands. Some prefer the cast manifolds on the
      Tiger rather then deal with <u>potential</u> leaks with headers.
      Or some build to originality and would seek the cast manifolds if
      the car they have has previously installed headers.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/28/2021 12:44 PM, daniel doornbos
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        All, I sent the question last week about the stock 4:1 to 6:1
        pedal ratio.� Tom H as always has a great solution ready to go
        and he sent his work details.� Tom's solution is great and
        well-engineered for those not wanting to alter the firewall.</div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        I don't mind the firewall modifications and since my car is a
        body only in primer the firewall modification is easy.� Don't
        look at the photos if you don't want to see the cutting of a
        Tiger.��<a href="https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9"
          id="LPlnk" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 12pt;" moz-do-not-send="true">https://photos.app.goo.gl/aw8dta9RoA4uwKRk9</a></div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        A quick run down of changes.</div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <ul>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">stock
                pedal ratio is 4:1, clevis pin hole is 3" from pivot and
                the pedal is 12" long.��</span></span></li>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Needed
                to drill a new 1/4 in hole 2" from pivot (1" higher than
                stock) for the clevis.� I did build up and grind smooth
                some extra material with the welder to match the
                thickness�</span></span></li>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">The
                plan is to use the standard pedal mount top hole in the
                firewall.</span></span></li>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Once
                the pedal was drilled the pedal bracket needed to be
                shortened and the lower mount hole moved up by 1" so I
                trimmed, drilled and welded the braket to clear the
                higher clevis pin</span></span></li>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">For
                the firewall I've cut a piece of steel plate and traced
                the stock holes to overlay on the firewall</span></span></li>
          <li><span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">I cut
                out two slots in the firewall leaving the perpendicular
                reinforcement braces to allow for moving up the MCs and
                pushrods.��</span></span></li>
          <li>I've ordered a 0.7 clutch and 15/16 Brake (Datsun) MC.�
            Once I have those and am sure of the mounting hole pieces
            I'll drill the plate bolt it in place and weld it into
            position.� �Then I need to sort out the pushrod pin length
            and retention.</li>
        </ul>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>I'm really happy with how the work went over the weekend.�
          Please give any feedback if I'm overlooking something critical
          or if anyone has done anything similar.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Also in digging through parts I was trying to decide if I
          should keep or trash parts.� Specifically, any reason to keep
          the original Master Cylinders, Exhaust manifolds, or
          generator?��</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>thanks for looking</div>
        <div>dan</div>
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3211264B6C15E3885C61C101--

--===============4774909403304561042==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4774909403304561042==--