Subject: [Tigers] Clutch and speedo issues

From: "Jerry Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:36:17 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1412307755934357336==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D75C7C.05F06660"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D75C7C.05F06660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I want to thank ALL the responses I got from both of my issues. The clutch
issue was solved by going to a bigger master cylinder (.700) from "Custom
Spares LTD".  Recommended by Rick from SS and Tom Hall (he recommended the
.700 MC). It

allowed just a little more travel of the slave cylinder to do the trick. 

The clutch works, but as stated by someone it is a bit stiffer.  It also
releases down closer to the floor, I prefer a release further up.   If I had
to do it over again I wouldn't have gone with a "performance" clutch (Ram).
As light as the Tiger it does not 

need a strong clutch.  A stock Mustang clutch would be more than enough in
my opinion and probably a lot easier to operate.  Even with my 302 with
370HP the tires are the "brake-aways" not a slipping clutch.

The other issue I had was the speedometer cable came loose from the part
that goes into the trans.  That made me think and ask about a new one.   I
was able to "re-swedge" the part that goes over the cable housing, hopefully
it'll hold. If not I'll 

get a new one.  Also I do have a 16 tooth gear. I knew that there isn't any
stock 15 tooth gears that's why I asked if anyone thought of doing a 3-D
one.  At SEMA one year they did a 3-D car, so I thought a simple gear would
be possible.  HA!

Jerry

9473187

TAC insp. #58

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D75C7C.05F06660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>I want to =
thank ALL the responses I got from both of my issues. The clutch issue =
was solved by going to a bigger master cylinder (.700) from =
&#8221;Custom Spares LTD&#8221;.&nbsp; Recommended by Rick from SS and =
Tom Hall (he recommended the .700 MC). It<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>allowed just =
a little more travel of the slave cylinder to do the trick. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>The clutch =
works, but as stated by someone it is a bit stiffer. &nbsp;It also =
releases down closer to the floor, I prefer a release further up. =
&nbsp;&nbsp;If I had to do it over again I wouldn&#8217;t have gone with =
a &#8220;performance&#8221; clutch (Ram). &nbsp;As light as the Tiger it =
does not <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>need a =
strong clutch.&nbsp; A stock Mustang clutch would be more than enough in =
my opinion and probably a lot easier to operate. &nbsp;Even with my 302 =
with 370HP the tires are the &#8220;brake-aways&#8221; not a slipping =
clutch.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>The other =
issue I had was the speedometer cable came loose from the part that goes =
into the trans.&nbsp; That made me think and ask about a new one.&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I was able to &#8220;re-swedge&#8221; the part that goes over the =
cable housing, hopefully it&#8217;ll hold. If not I&#8217;ll =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>get a new =
one.&nbsp; Also I do have a 16 tooth gear. I knew that there isn&#8217;t =
any stock 15 tooth gears that&#8217;s why I asked if anyone thought of =
doing a 3-D one. &nbsp;At SEMA one year they did a 3-D car, so I thought =
a simple gear would be possible. &nbsp;HA!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Jerry<o:p></o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>9473187<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>TAC insp. =
#58<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D75C7C.05F06660--

--===============1412307755934357336==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============1412307755934357336==--