Subject: [Tigers] Stuff for Sale, some for giveaway..

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 15:16:01 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8912051105695211908==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D723E5.44E8F640"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D723E5.44E8F640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

First, the free stuff: When I started racing on the salt flats, somehow I
managed to collect 4 sets of heads from various displacement small blocks.
Two sets are of interest: one set is from a 351, they are cast iron Z units.
I think these were a low buck upgrade to better flowing heads than either
the 260 or 289 heads available at the time.  The other set is from a
Cleveland motor: big open chamber critters and humongous intake runners and
ports. Has the same head bolt pattern and the bore spacing is the same. The
Cleveland heads are BARE except for one stuck valve.  351 heads a
repopulated with everything, springs, valves, retainers, etc. No idea how
good they are. Rusty. BUT both sets of heads are FREE. But I will not ship,
so if you fancy them, you gotta come get 'em.  I also have some 302 heads,
and maybe a set of 260 heads, I didn't look. All of them are also free as
well. Free because that was how they all come to me. 

Stuff for sale: I have a posi that fits the low gear range. Has a 4.55 ring
and pinion set to go along with it.  I had it installed in a rear end and
ran it in my car for a very short while. That is because that takes a lot of
rpm to run at highway speeds with that kind of final gear ratio. Be really
good for autocross probably.   Not sure what it and gears are worth, but
they are surplus to me. If an honest offer is not received, I will simple
hang onto them until it is time for me to sell my car. And al of it will go
with the car.   So make me an offer within the next couple of weeks and if
reasonable you just might own the things.  Also, the Worlds Fastest Sunbeam
is for sale as a roller. Engine, electricals, transmission are not included.
The engine was damaged a bit in a prior to record run (I burned holes on
three pistons, lol) scored the cylinder walls, and crank as well. The I
broke the bell housing on the tranny.  I have a Mexican 302 block which will
get the parts from the record engine  to make a good serious engine. The
tranny will either have the bell housing welded up or the case replaced. But
will remain as a pair. The car is open for offers: you will get everything.
Fire suit, fire bottles, parachute, seat, engine radiator in a box with a
supplemental 10 gallon trunk tank and a 35 gm Meziere transfer pump do that.
,  rear spoiler, all wheels and tires although tires are original to my
racing efforts which started in 2006.  It has a frame of my design to
stretch the wheelbase 4 inches and Art Morrison in Fyfe, Washington, welded
it up for me. Has McPherson front struts, a narrowed ford 9 inch and all
corners have Wilwood disk brakes, but probably not migratable to a tiger.
Fuel pump, gas tank, fuel filters,  but no dash or electricals. You wouldn't
like how I did things anyway, lol.   As with the posi, make me an honest
offer and it may be yours. I am 79 years old with heart issues so I do want
to get rid of it . Rear suspension is Aldan coil over adjustable shock and
springs. Front struts are adjustable as well, I have a steering slow downer
box on the steering shaft and the rack and pinion is a Flaming River unit.
I will consider letting the turbo intercooler, pump, and ice box go as well
if the overall offer is ok, no turbo though,  My last effort t was a NA
engine anyway.  Included is a NexGen Hans device which is adjustable for lay
back, and probably some other bits and pieces as well. Helmet? Yeah, log
book, yeah,  Oh, yeah, two new Weld Racing 15 x 10 wide wheels with tires
mounted on them.  Fire sit is complete, booties, gloves, jacket, pants,
undies, balaclava. Also the seat belts are there as well. .  But likely need
to be re-inspected.  I even have a  rusty nearly gone  hard top which is so
far beyond my skills that it goes with this race car. I wanted it for that
but turns out that the host organizations insist that they be very firmly
attached.  This is so for from that that not worth it to me at the time. It
was given to me so I will include similarly.  Bring a trailer, lol.

Offers, just to keep things on the up and ups, let's make any offers to me
in writing and cc the tiger list as well. No cc and I consider it a no
offer.  And for goodness sakes, reasonable offers, lol. 

Hope one of you does want it for a fair price.   Let's make it open for
offers until tax day (say April 15th?) give or take a day or so? 

Mayf

Pahrump, NV

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D723E5.44E8F640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>First, the free stuff: When I started racing on the =
salt flats, somehow I managed to collect 4 sets of heads from various =
displacement small blocks.&nbsp; Two sets are of interest: one set is =
from a 351, they are cast iron Z units. &nbsp;I think these were a low =
buck upgrade to better flowing heads than either the 260 or 289 heads =
available at the time.&nbsp; The other set is from a Cleveland motor: =
big open chamber critters and humongous intake runners and ports. Has =
the same head bolt pattern and the bore spacing is the same. The =
Cleveland heads are BARE except for one stuck valve. &nbsp;351 heads a =
repopulated with everything, springs, valves, retainers, etc. No idea =
how good they are. Rusty. BUT both sets of heads are FREE. But I will =
not ship, so if you fancy them, you gotta come get &#8216;em.&nbsp; I =
also have some 302 heads, and maybe a set of 260 heads, I didn&#8217;t =
look. All of them are also free as well. Free because that was how they =
all come to me. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Stuff for =
sale: I have a posi that fits the low gear range. Has a 4.55 ring and =
pinion set to go along with it. &nbsp;I had it installed in a rear end =
and ran it in my car for a very short while. That is because that takes =
a lot of rpm to run at highway speeds with that kind of final gear =
ratio. Be really good for autocross probably. &nbsp;&nbsp;Not sure what =
it and gears are worth, but they are surplus to me. If an honest offer =
is not received, I will simple hang onto them until it is time for me to =
sell my car. And al of it will go with the car.&nbsp;&nbsp; So make me =
an offer within the next couple of weeks and if reasonable you just =
might own the things.&nbsp; Also, the Worlds Fastest Sunbeam is for sale =
as a roller. Engine, electricals, transmission are not included. The =
engine was damaged a bit in a prior to record run (I burned holes on =
three pistons, lol) scored the cylinder walls, and crank as well. The I =
broke the bell housing on the tranny.&nbsp; I have a Mexican 302 block =
which will get the parts from the record engine&nbsp; to make a good =
serious engine. The tranny will either have the bell housing welded up =
or the case replaced. But will remain as a pair. The car is open for =
offers: you will get everything. Fire suit, fire bottles, parachute, =
seat, engine radiator in a box with a supplemental 10 gallon trunk tank =
and a 35 gm Meziere transfer pump do that. ,&nbsp; rear spoiler, all =
wheels and tires although tires are original to my racing efforts which =
started in 2006.&nbsp; It has a frame of my design to stretch the =
wheelbase 4 inches and Art Morrison in Fyfe, Washington, welded it up =
for me. Has McPherson front struts, a narrowed ford 9 inch and all =
corners have Wilwood disk brakes, but probably not migratable to a =
tiger.&nbsp; Fuel pump, gas tank, fuel filters,&nbsp; but no dash or =
electricals. You wouldn&#8217;t like how I did things anyway, =
lol.&nbsp;&nbsp; As with the posi, make me an honest offer and it may be =
yours. I am 79 years old with heart issues so I do want to get rid of it =
. Rear suspension is Aldan coil over adjustable shock and springs. Front =
struts are adjustable as well, I have a steering slow downer box on the =
steering shaft and the rack and pinion is a Flaming River unit. &nbsp;I =
will consider letting the turbo intercooler, pump, and ice box go as =
well if the overall offer is ok, no turbo though,&nbsp; My last effort t =
was a NA engine anyway. &nbsp;Included is a NexGen Hans device which is =
adjustable for lay back, and probably some other bits and pieces as =
well. Helmet? Yeah, log book, yeah,&nbsp; Oh, yeah, two new Weld Racing =
15 x 10 wide wheels with tires mounted on them. &nbsp;Fire sit is =
complete, booties, gloves, jacket, pants, undies, balaclava. Also the =
seat belts are there as well. .&nbsp; But likely need to be =
re-inspected. &nbsp;I even have a&nbsp; rusty nearly gone &nbsp;hard top =
which is so far beyond my skills that it goes with this race car. I =
wanted it for that but turns out that the host organizations insist that =
they be very firmly attached.&nbsp; This is so for from that that not =
worth it to me at the time. It was given to me so I will include =
similarly.&nbsp; Bring a trailer, lol&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Offers, just =
to keep things on the up and ups, let&#8217;s make any offers to me in =
writing and cc the tiger list as well. No cc and I consider it a no =
offer.&nbsp; And for goodness sakes, reasonable offers, lol. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hope one of =
you does want it for a fair price. &nbsp;&nbsp;Let&#8217;s make it open =
for offers until tax day (say April 15<sup>th</sup>?) give or take a day =
or so? <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Pahrump, =
NV<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D723E5.44E8F640--

--===============8912051105695211908==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8912051105695211908==--