Subject: [Tigers] George Boskoff - sad news

From: Richard Trippel via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:29:10 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0100580898393447820==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004D_01D4D368.2E94A4E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D4D368.2E94A4E0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_004E_01D4D368.2E94A4E0"

------=_NextPart_001_004E_01D4D368.2E94A4E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

George's parents moved west during the depression so he grew up in Redondo
Beach, became a lifeguard and had a passion for the ocean and cars. He built
and raced his own Formula III, competing against the likes of Ken Miles
while he worked as an airplane mechanic and later was involved with the
development of the McCulloch supercharger. George's race car caught the eye
of Quinn Epperly, designer and builder of the revolutionary laydown Offies,
some of most competitive Indy race cars of the late 50s and Quinn quickly
added George to his team.

George had just helped Quinn build the outer body of Craig Breedlove's first
land speed record car when he got a call from a friend who told him Carroll
Shelby needed fabricating help. George became one of Shelby American's first
employees, later his foreman. After a while George's  Asthma flared and he
left Shelby's, first to help Quinn and later to concentrate on restorations.
At one point he was hired to run the Nethercutt restoration operation. So
for his first day on the new job, he loaded his tool boxes into the back of
his pickup truck, left Redondo Beach and headed north to the San Fernando
Valley. When he finally got there, he paused a just moment to reflect,
decided his "commute" was too much, hopped back in his truck and went home.
That was one of the few times  George ever made up his mind quickly.
Normally he agonized over even the smallest decision.

George retired to Maui, rekindled his love for surfing and would surf every
day until a surfing buddy died following a shark attack. So then he switched
to ocean swimming - don't ask.  In recent years he joined a team that raced
Hawaiian paddle canoes between the islands. 

He passed away peacefully in his sleep. I believe he was 94-years-old.

------=_NextPart_001_004E_01D4D368.2E94A4E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>George&#8217;s parents moved west during the =
depression so he grew up in Redondo Beach, became a lifeguard and had a =
passion for the ocean and cars. He built and raced his own Formula III, =
competing against the likes of Ken Miles while he worked as an airplane =
mechanic and later was involved with the development of the McCulloch =
supercharger. George&#8217;s race car caught the eye of Quinn Epperly, =
designer and builder of the revolutionary laydown Offies, some of most =
competitive Indy race cars of the late 50s and Quinn quickly added =
George to his team.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>George =
had just helped Quinn build the outer body of Craig Breedlove&#8217;s =
first land speed record car when he got a call from a friend who told =
him Carroll Shelby needed fabricating help. George became one of Shelby =
American&#8217;s first employees, later his foreman. After a while =
George&#8217;s&nbsp; Asthma flared and he left Shelby&#8217;s, first to =
help Quinn and later to concentrate on restorations. At one point he was =
hired to run the Nethercutt restoration operation. So for his first day =
on the new job, he loaded his tool boxes into the back of his pickup =
truck, left Redondo Beach and headed north to the San Fernando Valley. =
When he finally got there, he paused a just moment to reflect, decided =
his &#8220;commute&#8221; was too much, hopped back in his truck and =
went home. That was one of the few times&nbsp; George ever made up his =
mind quickly. Normally he agonized over even the smallest =
decision.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>George retired to Maui, rekindled his love for =
surfing and would surf every day until a surfing buddy died following a =
shark attack. So then he switched to ocean swimming &#8211; don&#8217;t =
ask.&nbsp; In recent years he joined a team that raced Hawaiian paddle =
canoes between the islands. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>He =
passed away peacefully in his sleep. I believe he was =
94-years-old.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><img =
width=3D726 height=3D1283 style=3D'width:7.5625in;height:13.3645in' =
id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></=
html>
------=_NextPart_001_004E_01D4D368.2E94A4E0--

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D4D368.2E94A4E0
	name="image001.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D4D368.2E94A4E0--

--===============0100580898393447820==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0100580898393447820==--