Subject: [Tigers] bearing oil holes

From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:54:09 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7809410429990045673==
	boundary="----=_Part_1368687_1295469568.1549029249955"

------=_Part_1368687_1295469568.1549029249955
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

those holes in bearings and con rod would be for cooling of the piston and cylinder walls..alot of the 260 engines were originally used in industrial applications, where the engines would run at constant speed, constant load. this is used extensively in diesel engines..another note here would be to mention that one of oils main function is help with heat transfer from the rotating parts to the block so that the cooling media can pick up the heat and transfer it through the system to the radiator and/or oil cooler, clyde
------=_Part_1368687_1295469568.1549029249955
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>those holes in bearings and con rod would be for cooling of the piston and cylinder walls..alot of the 260 engines were originally used in industrial applications, where the engines would run at constant speed, constant load. this is used extensively in diesel engines..another note here would be to mention that one of oils main function is help with heat transfer from the rotating parts to the block so that the cooling media can pick up the heat and transfer it through the system to the radiator and/or oil cooler, clyde</font>
------=_Part_1368687_1295469568.1549029249955--

--===============7809410429990045673==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7809410429990045673==--