Subject: [Tigers] Early Sunbeam Racing

From: Jerry Mo Christopherson via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:32:02 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6411132711551034988==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4743A.633BDDE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4743A.633BDDE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm sure most everybody has seen this, but this is pretty cool and rather
long, but some talk in the beginning about Sunbeam racing.  Showing Sir
Seagrave driving the early Sunbeam racing cars.  Absolutely amazing the lack
of ANY safety devices of ANY kind.  A sad example at 7:00!

Something occurred to me that the common "Roots Blowers" now days, may have
gotten their name from the first blowers that were designed for the Sunbeam
race cars (according to the film).  i.e. Roots Group??

Jerry

9473187

#58 Insp.

https://youtu.be/NCP_GJ8JBOE

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4743A.633BDDE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>I&#8217;m =
sure most everybody has seen this, but this is pretty cool and rather =
long, but some talk in the beginning about Sunbeam racing.&nbsp; Showing =
Sir Seagrave driving the early Sunbeam racing cars.&nbsp; Absolutely =
amazing the lack of ANY safety devices of ANY kind.&nbsp; A sad example =
at 7:00!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Something =
occurred to me that the common &#8220;Roots Blowers&#8221; now days, may =
have gotten their name from the first blowers that were designed for the =
Sunbeam race cars (according to the film).&nbsp; i.e. Roots =
Group??<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Jerry<o:p></o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>9473187<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>#58 =
Insp.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><a =
href=3D"https://youtu.be/NCP_GJ8JBOE">https://youtu.be/NCP_GJ8JBOE</a><o:=
p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4743A.633BDDE0--

--===============6411132711551034988==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6411132711551034988==--