Subject: [Tigers] FW: Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 12:35:56 -0500

Forgot to add Tiger List again
My bad
Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:33 PM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; 'Larry Mayfield'
<[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

The Part List indicates B7C-17285-A - 6T for the Mk I with a 15T
C3OA-17271-A gear on the speedo cable which turns a 980 revs / mile
speedometer

I have no Ford part # for the Mk II - the cable gear is listed as 17T which
leds me to believe the tail shaft gear is a 7T gear and I believe the Mk II
has a 1020 revs/ mile speedometer.

What we really need is someone to document exactly what is used in the Mk I
and Mk II Transmission with pictures.

I know the Alpine has other revs/ mile speedometers but I'm not sure if the
Tiger has any others.

General and Repair information about Smiths speedometers - search for
Anthony Rhodes article - Repairing Jaeger & Smiths Speedometers Odometer
gears can be purchased @ OdometerGears.com

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of e.coiner---
via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 9:09 AM
To: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

I believe the Tiger is 6 teeth. 7 is the other common size.
Other useful info is the Tiger speedo takes 980 revolutions to rack up 1
mile on the odometer. Its printed on the face of the speedo in a really
small font.
---- Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> 
> sparked one from me. What is the number of teeth on the drive gear itself?
> The one that is on the actual output shaft of the transmission?  I 
> suspect there can be a couple of them that could be used.  With that 
> gear count and the driven gears available it becomes fairly easy to 
> determine which speedo cable driven gear is best for the car 
> parameters, like tire size, final drive rations etc.
> 
> mayf
> 
>  
> 
> _________________________
> drmayf
> Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
> 204.913 mph flying mile
> 210.779 mph exit (not top)  speed
> 
>  
> 

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:33:34 -0800

Hello, Thanks for the info and reply! 

I went to David Kee top loader pages and found this:
A black drive gear with 7 teeth pn C4DZ-17285A  NOT for Tiger
A  pink gear with 6 Teeth pn C5ZZ-17285A  NOT for tiger
A Yellow gear with  7 Teeth  pn DK296-YSG  FOR Tiger
A Brown gear with 8 teeth  pn DK286-BSG FOT Tiger
There are no 6T drive gears for the top loader, at least available anyway.  
With the plethora of driven gears and a pair of drive gears and knowing the dire diameter for the revolutions per mile calculation then one should be able to come pretty dang close to reality I think.  That 8=980 revs per  mile is a high number due to the dinky OEM tire size sold with the cars. I think the overall diameter of the Dunlop 5.90 tires was 20.5 inches which would be about right for the 980 res per mile. Tires today are larger and a 205 x 15 is 23 inches or so in diameter and that results in a lower of revs per mile to run the speedo. So, the drive and driven gears need to be selected  to get that tire back to a pseudo 980 revs per mile.  And the rear gear needs to be added in as well if it has been changed. Not a terrifically involved process but stuff has to be accounted for in order to get a good reading speedo. Final fiddling can be achieved internally to the speedo although I have never ever tried that. 

Or purchase a GPS unit, lol. Plug and play....  add power, turn on....

mayf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:09 AM
To: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

I believe the Tiger is 6 teeth. 7 is the other common size.
Other useful info is the Tiger speedo takes 980 revolutions to rack up 1 mile on the odometer. Its printed on the face of the speedo in a really small font.

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 17:18:03 -0500

--===============8586289925230958046==

--001a11408036349562054304c78e

Ron is right re the Mark 2 speedometer. On the face, to the right of the
speedometer s/n in really small type is "1020."

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Larry Mayfield via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> With the plethora of driven gears and a pair of drive gears and knowing
> the dire diameter for the revolutions per mile calculation then one should
> be able to come pretty dang close to reality I think.  That 8=980 revs per
> mile is a high number due to the dinky OEM tire size sold with the cars. I
> think the overall diameter of the Dunlop 5.90 tires was 20.5 inches which
> would be about right for the 980 res per mile. Tires today are larger and a
> 205 x 15 is 23 inches or so in diameter and that results in a lower of revs
> per mile to run the speedo. So, the drive and driven gears need to be
> selected  to get that tire back to a pseudo 980 revs per mile.  And the
> rear gear needs to be added in as well if it has been changed. Not a
> terrifically involved process but stuff has to be accounted for in order to
> get a good reading speedo. Final fiddling can be achieved internally to the
> speedo although I have never ever tried that.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com
>
>
>

--001a11408036349562054304c78e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Ron is right re the Mark 2 speedometer. On the face, to th=
e right of the speedometer s/n in really small type is &quot;1020.&quot;<di=
v><br></div><div>Tom</div><div>&#39;67 Mark 2</div><div><br></div></div><di=
v class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 =
at 1:33 PM, Larry Mayfield via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
Hello, Thanks for the info and reply!<br>
<br>
I went to David Kee top loader pages and found this:<br>
A black drive gear with 7 teeth pn C4DZ-17285A=C2=A0 NOT for Tiger<br>
A=C2=A0 pink gear with 6 Teeth pn C5ZZ-17285A=C2=A0 NOT for tiger<br>
A Yellow gear with=C2=A0 7 Teeth=C2=A0 pn DK296-YSG=C2=A0 FOR Tiger<br>
A Brown gear with 8 teeth=C2=A0 pn DK286-BSG FOT Tiger<br>
There are no 6T drive gears for the top loader, at least available anyway.<=
br>
With the plethora of driven gears and a pair of drive gears and knowing the=
 dire diameter for the revolutions per mile calculation then one should be =
able to come pretty dang close to reality I think.=C2=A0 That 8=3D980 revs =
per=C2=A0 mile is a high number due to the dinky OEM tire size sold with th=
e cars. I think the overall diameter of the Dunlop 5.90 tires was 20.5 inch=
es which would be about right for the 980 res per mile. Tires today are lar=
ger and a 205 x 15 is 23 inches or so in diameter and that results in a low=
er of revs per mile to run the speedo. So, the drive and driven gears need =
to be selected=C2=A0 to get that tire back to a pseudo 980 revs per mile.=
=C2=A0 And the rear gear needs to be added in as well if it has been change=
d. Not a terrifically involved process but stuff has to be accounted for in=
 order to get a good reading speedo. Final fiddling can be achieved interna=
lly to the speedo although I have never ever tried that.<br>
<br>
Or purchase a GPS unit, lol. Plug and play....=C2=A0 add power, turn on....=
<br>
<br>
mayf<br>
<span class=3D"im HOEnZb"><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> [mailto:<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>]<br>
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:09 AM<br>
To: Larry Mayfield &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
om</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...<br>
<br>
</span><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">I believe the Tiger is 6 tee=
th. 7 is the other common size.<br>
Other useful info is the Tiger speedo takes 980 revolutions to rack up 1 mi=
le on the odometer. Its printed on the face of the speedo in a really small=
 font.<br>
---- Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
>[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; sparked one from me. What is the number of teeth on the drive gear its=
elf?<br>
&gt; The one that is on the actual output shaft of the transmission?=C2=A0 =
I<br>
&gt; suspect there can be a couple of them that could be used.=C2=A0 With t=
hat<br>
&gt; gear count and the driven gears available it becomes fairly easy to<br=
&gt; determine which speedo cable driven gear is best for the car<br>
&gt; parameters, like tire size, final drive rations etc.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; mayf<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _________________________<br>
&gt; drmayf<br>
&gt; Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.<br>
&gt; 204.913 mph flying mile<br>
&gt; 210.779 mph exit (not top)=C2=A0 speed<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkpark=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/<wbr>options/tigers/tkparker1941@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a11408036349562054304c78e--

--===============8586289925230958046==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8586289925230958046==--

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:52:59 -0800

One needs to be careful. On some transmissions not all shaft gears work 
well, (if at all) with all speedometer gears. I don't know if this is 
actually the case with Ford in general or the Toploader in particular. So, I 
just say this as a caution - check to make sure.  When I did a trans swap 
with a Ford T-5 (not a Tiger) the C-4 speedometer gear bound on the back 
side of the case. This caused the yellow gear on the output shaft to "walk" 
down the shaft and out of mesh. Try as I might I just couldn't force the 
shaft gear back into position with screwdrivers. I was just about ready to 
pull the driveshaft and tail housing when I found an old halogen "torch" 
style light in my scrape pile. One of the tube sections has just a large 
enough ID to go over the output shaft and a small enough OD to clear the 
bearing and seal. A little hammer knock on the tube put the output shaft 
gear back in place (thankfully). I remedied the speedometer gear by grinding 
the tip down so it didn't bind. I guess the T-5 and the Toploader support 
the gear differently. While not directly related..., on the GM 700R4 once 
the speedometer gear gets to a certain size they actually have a whole 
different $peedometer gear housing you need to use!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Tiger List
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

I went to David Kee top loader pages and found this:
A black drive gear with 7 teeth pn C4DZ-17285A  NOT for Tiger
A  pink gear with 6 Teeth pn C5ZZ-17285A  NOT for tiger
A Yellow gear with  7 Teeth  pn DK296-YSG  FOR Tiger
A Brown gear with 8 teeth  pn DK286-BSG FOT Tiger
There are no 6T drive gears for the top loader, at least available anyway.
With the plethora of driven gears and a pair of drive gears and knowing the 
dire diameter for the revolutions per mile calculation then one should be 
able to come pretty dang close to reality I think.  That 8=980 revs per 
mile is a high number due to the dinky OEM tire size sold with the cars. I 
think the overall diameter of the Dunlop 5.90 tires was 20.5 inches which 
would be about right for the 980 res per mile. Tires today are larger and a 
205 x 15 is 23 inches or so in diameter and that results in a lower of revs 
per mile to run the speedo. So, the drive and driven gears need to be 
selected  to get that tire back to a pseudo 980 revs per mile.  And the rear 
gear needs to be added in as well if it has been changed. Not a terrifically 
involved process but stuff has to be accounted for in order to get a good 
reading speedo. Final fiddling can be achieved internally to the speedo 
although I have never ever tried that.

mayf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:09 AM
To: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Randall Antosiak via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 07:07:31 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6496678124409411938==
	boundary="----=_Part_1118502_1460624428.1481094451360"

------=_Part_1118502_1460624428.1481094451360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have been unable to reach the CAT web site (www.catmbr.org) for a few day=
s. =C2=A0Anyone know what is going on here?
Thanks,
------=_Part_1118502_1460624428.1481094451360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624">I have been unable to reach the CAT web site (www.catmbr.org) for a few days. &nbsp;Anyone know what is going on here?</div><div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624"><br></div><div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624">Thanks,</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1118502_1460624428.1481094451360--

--===============6496678124409411938==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6496678124409411938==--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 15:13:25 -0500

Tom
	1st I want to thank David Franchi for the pictures from his store of
Original Tiger parts and his knowledge of Original Parts.

Tom is very correct when it comes to these gears.   Ford has RH and LH gears
for the tail shaft and cable , different types and the length of the nose is
different for different transmissions.  Compatibility is never assured.
You really need the original cable gear from a transplant transmission to
know what you have for gears and have something to compare if a new gear is
needed.

Looking at Mustang Parts Catalogs about these gears is confusing at best.
If you're in doubt you may need to ask an expert.

Everything I can see about the Tiger speedo gears indicates they are RH
gears.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom Witt
via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 5:53 PM
To: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tiger List <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Tiger List
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

mayf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:09 AM
To: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 22:09:04 +0000

--===============7050380449571144486==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_D46DD6252CE89theosmitgarmincom_"

--_000_D46DD6252CE89theosmitgarmincom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The hosting provider decided to migrate to new equipment and pulled the plu=
g on the old setup before the new one was ready.

Theo

.team.net>>
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 12:07 AM
Subject: [Tigers] CAT web site down?

I have been unable to reach the CAT web site (www.catmbr.org) for a few day=
s.  Anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks,

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use=
 of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin co=
nfidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this emai=
l in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message.=
 Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (includ=
ing attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited=
. Thank you.

--_000_D46DD6252CE89theosmitgarmincom_
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
</head>
<body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-lin=
e-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 14px; font-fami=
ly: Calibri, sans-serif;">
<div>The hosting provider decided to migrate to new equipment and pulled th=
e plug on the old setup before the new one was ready.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Theo</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<span id=3D"OLK_SRC_BODY_SECTION">
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt; text-align:left; color:b=
lack; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM:=
 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #b5c4df 1pt solid;=
 BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 3pt">
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">From: </span>Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; on beh=
alf of Tigers List &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">tigers@auto=
x.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Reply-To: </span>Randall Antosiak &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Date: </span>Wednesday, December 7, 2016 a=
t 12:07 AM<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">To: </span>Tigers List &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Subject: </span>[Tigers] CAT web site down=
?<br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue,=
 Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
">
<div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624">I have been unable to rea=
ch the CAT web site (www.catmbr.org) for a few days. &nbsp;Anyone know what=
 is going on here?</div>
<div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624"><br>
</div>
<div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481060895058_48624">Thanks,</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</span><br>
<hr>
<font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"Gray" size=3D"1"><br>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use=
 of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin co=
nfidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this emai=
l in error, please notify the sender
 by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distributi=
on or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other th=
an the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.<br>
</font>
</body>
</html>

--_000_D46DD6252CE89theosmitgarmincom_--

--===============7050380449571144486==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7050380449571144486==--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:36:25 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1831386978925521706==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D250D1.F89FB9D0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D250D1.F89FB9D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

David=20

                Thanks again for the pictures.

=20

I did find a picture on line for a B7C-17285-A1 with a D0TZ-A notation =
6T and it was green.

=20

It would be nice for anyone working on their transmission, Mk I and Mk =
II, to take a picture of this gear to verify all of this.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: D or G at sbc [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 11:53 AM
To: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

=20

I thought I remembered buying the Tiger speedometer gears a long time =
ago so I went through my parts and found them, thought the list might be =
interested in pictures, and the info. I have written down for them, =
don't remember where I got the info.

=20

Speedo Driving Gear Wheel Gear (on trans.)

MKI Rootes 6100261 / Ford B7C-17285-A replaced by D0TZ-17285-A (6 teeth)

MKII Rootes 6100710 / Ford C2OZ-17285-D replaced by C3OZ-17285-C (7 =
teeth)

---

Speedo Driving Pinion (on speedo cable)

MKI Rootes 6100504 15 teeth C3OA-17271-A replaced by C0DD-17271-A =
replaced by C0DZ-17271-A (16T)=20

MKII Rootes 6100703 17 teeth C3DZ-17271-B

=20

I have most of these numbers (pictures attached below).=20

The D0TZ-17285-A (6 teeth) is missing from my box, I don't remember =
using it, but I believe it was green nylon. The C3OZ-17285-C is steel (7 =
teeth).

The C0DD-17271-A replaced by C0DZ-17271-A (16T) are odd in that both =
gears are wine colored and marked 16T the gear shape is a little =
different. The MKII gear is marked 6  17R, the dark highlight was done =
by Ford, not me, guess to make it easier to read, the other colored =
gears are not highlighted and are hard to read, don't know why they =
didn't highlight them with white.

My notes state add 5 MPH for each tooth. 15T 16T 17T

=20

David Franchi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
------

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser [mailto:[email-masked] =
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:33 PM
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

I have no Ford part # for the Mk II - the cable gear is listed as 17T =
which
leds me to believe the tail shaft gear is a 7T gear and I believe the Mk =
II
has a 1020 revs/ mile speedometer.

What we really need is someone to document exactly what is used in the =
Mk I
and Mk II Transmission with pictures.

I know the Alpine has other revs/ mile speedometers but I'm not sure if =
the
Tiger has any others.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked] =
via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 9:09 AM
Cc: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked] =
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...

I believe the Tiger is 6 teeth. 7 is the other common size.
Other useful info is the Tiger speedo takes 980 revolutions to rack up 1
mile on the odometer. Its printed on the face of the speedo in a really
small font.
---- Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked] =
>=20
>=20
> sparked one from me. What is the number of teeth on the drive gear =
itself?
> The one that is on the actual output shaft of the transmission?  I=20
> suspect there can be a couple of them that could be used.  With that=20
> gear count and the driven gears available it becomes fairly easy to=20
> determine which speedo cable driven gear is best for the car=20
>=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D250D1.F89FB9D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>David =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=
 Thanks again for the pictures.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>I did find a =
picture on line for a B7C-17285-A1 with a D0TZ-A notation 6T and it was =
green.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>It would be =
nice for anyone working on their transmission, Mk I and Mk II, to take a =
picture of this gear to verify all of this.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> D =
or G at sbc [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, =
December 07, 2016 11:53 AM<br><b>To:</b> Ron Fraser =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> =
Re: [Tigers] FW: Speed Driven Gear Questions =
have...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70230"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>I thought I remembered buying the Tiger speedometer gears a long time =
ago so I went through my parts and found them, thought the list might be =
interested in pictures, and the info. I have written down for them, =
don't remember where I got the info.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70231"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70233"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>Speedo Driving Gear Wheel Gear (on =
trans.)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70234"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>MKI Rootes 6100261 / Ford B7C-17285-A replaced by D0TZ-17285-A (6 =
teeth)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70235"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>MKII Rootes 6100710 / Ford C2OZ-17285-D replaced by C3OZ-17285-C (7 =
teeth)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70236"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>---<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70237"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>Speedo Driving Pinion (on speedo cable)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70238"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>MKI Rootes 6100504 15 teeth C3OA-17271-A replaced by C0DD-17271-A =
replaced by C0DZ-17271-A (16T) <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70239"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>MKII Rootes 6100703 17 teeth =
C3DZ-17271-B<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70240"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70242"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>I have most of these numbers (pictures attached below). =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70244"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>The D0TZ-17285-A (6 teeth) is missing from my box, I don't remember =
using it, but I believe it was green nylon. The C3OZ-17285-C is steel (7 =
teeth).<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70245"><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70246"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>The C0DD-17271-A replaced by C0DZ-17271-A (16T) are odd in that both =
gears are wine colored and marked 16T the gear shape is a little =
different. The MKII gear is marked 6&nbsp; 17R, the dark highlight was =
done by Ford, not me, guess to make it easier to read, the other colored =
gears are not highlighted and are hard to read, don't know why they =
didn't highlight them with white.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70247"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>My notes state add 5 MPH for each tooth. 15T 16T =
17T<o:p></o:p></span></p><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70248"><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_71796"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_71794"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>David Franchi<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70362"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
>------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70256"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:.25in;background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
><br>Forgot to add Tiger List again<br>My =
bad<br>Ron<br><br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Ron Fraser =
[mailto:<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>] <br>Sent: =
Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:33 PM<br>To: '<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1481122353886_70327">[email-masked]</a>' =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; 'Larry =
Mayfield'<br>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Subject: =
RE: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...<br><br>The Part List =
indicates B7C-17285-A - 6T for the Mk I with a 15T<br>C3OA-17271-A gear =
on the speedo cable which turns a 980 revs / =
mile<br>speedometer<br><br>I have no Ford part # for the Mk II - the =
cable gear is listed as 17T which<br>leds me to believe the tail shaft =
gear is a 7T gear and I believe the Mk II<br>has a 1020 revs/ mile =
speedometer.<br><br>What we really need is someone to document exactly =
what is used in the Mk I<br>and Mk II Transmission with =
pictures.<br><br>I know the Alpine has other revs/ mile speedometers but =
I'm not sure if the<br>Tiger has any others.<br><br>General and Repair =
information about Smiths speedometers - search for<br>Anthony Rhodes =
article - Repairing Jaeger &amp; Smiths Speedometers Odometer<br>gears =
can be purchased @ OdometerGears.com<br><br>Ron =
Fraser<br><br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Tigers [mailto:<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>] On Behalf Of e.coiner---<br>via Tigers<br>Sent: Tuesday, =
December 06, 2016 9:09 AM<br>To: Larry Mayfield &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: Larry =
Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Su=
bject: Re: [Tigers] Speed Driven Gear Questions have...<br><br>I believe =
the Tiger is 6 teeth. 7 is the other common size.<br>Other useful info =
is the Tiger speedo takes 980 revolutions to rack up 1<br>mile on the =
odometer. Its printed on the face of the speedo in a really<br>small =
font.<br>---- Larry Mayfield via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote: <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; sparked one from me. What is the =
number of teeth on the drive gear itself?<br>&gt; The one that is on the =
actual output shaft of the transmission?&nbsp; I <br>&gt; suspect there =
can be a couple of them that could be used.&nbsp; With that <br>&gt; =
gear count and the driven gears available it becomes fairly easy to =
<br>&gt; determine which speedo cable driven gear is best for the car =
<br>&gt; parameters, like tire size, final drive rations etc.<br>&gt; =
<br>&gt; mayf<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:.25in;background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D250D1.F89FB9D0--

--===============1831386978925521706==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1831386978925521706==--