Subject: [Tigers] Needing some bits

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 21:13:42 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4858083846485203930==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D24A85.7D505C50"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D24A85.7D505C50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey, guys:

I've been absent for a while since I finished my Tiger but I'm still here.
I needed the break from the car after the massive push to get if finished,
but now that it is finished (I hope.), I find myself wanting to get involved
in another Sunbeam-related project.  So, to that end, I've found myself
working on putting together a display-only Tiger dashboard.  The plan is to
mount the finished product in a wall-mounted shadow box-type display and
wire the gauge lights with a transformer so that they'll work off the light
switch on the dash.  I've always wanted to do that but didn't want to buy a
new dash just for that.  However, since I installed a new dash in my Tiger
during its restoration, I find myself with a decent dash to use for my wall
display idea.  

I have it all assembled at this point, except for a few bits that I just
didn't have any extras of laying around.  So, I'm throwing myself at the
mercy of the list to see if I can round up the bits I'm missing.  I'm in
need of the following pieces:

The green signal light bezel

The red ignition light bezel

The chrome surround piece that goes around the black heater control panel

Either a factory amp gauge plug OR a correct amp gauge

I realize this may be considered a waste of good parts by some folks and I
can see how they could feel that way.  Consequently, I would be interested
in bits that are not absolutely in perfect condition.  For instance, a
non-functioning amp gauge would be okay as long as its appearance is decent.
I certainly don't want to use perfect bits that someone could use on their
working car instead.  If you have any of these bits and you think that they
might be okay to use for what I'm trying to do, then they probably would be
fine.

Can anyone help me out there?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D24A85.7D505C50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hey, guys:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve =
been absent for a while since I finished my Tiger but I&#8217;m still =
here.&nbsp; I needed the break from the car after the massive push to =
get if finished, but now that it is finished (I hope&#8230;), I find =
myself wanting to get involved in another Sunbeam-related project.&nbsp; =
So, to that end, I&#8217;ve found myself working on putting together a =
display-only Tiger dashboard.&nbsp; The plan is to mount the finished =
product in a wall-mounted shadow box-type display and wire the gauge =
lights with a transformer so that they&#8217;ll work off the light =
switch on the dash.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve always wanted to do that but =
didn&#8217;t want to buy a new dash just for that.&nbsp; However, since =
I installed a new dash in my Tiger during its restoration, I find myself =
with a decent dash to use for my wall display idea.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have it all assembled at this point, except for a =
few bits that I just didn&#8217;t have any extras of laying =
around.&nbsp; So, I&#8217;m throwing myself at the mercy of the list to =
see if I can round up the bits I&#8217;m missing. &nbsp;I&#8217;m in =
need of the following pieces:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The green =
signal light bezel<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The red ignition =
light bezel<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The chrome surround piece =
that goes around the black heater control panel<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Either a factory amp gauge plug OR a correct amp =
gauge<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I realize this may be considered a waste of good parts =
by some folks and I can see how they could feel that way.&nbsp; =
Consequently, I would be interested in bits that are not absolutely in =
perfect condition.&nbsp; For instance, a non-functioning amp gauge would =
be okay as long as its appearance is decent.&nbsp; I certainly =
don&#8217;t want to use perfect bits that someone could use on their =
working car instead.&nbsp; If you have any of these bits and you think =
that they might be okay to use for what I&#8217;m trying to do, then =
they probably would be fine.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Can anyone =
help me out there?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andy Walker<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Edmond, OK<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D24A85.7D505C50--

--===============4858083846485203930==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4858083846485203930==--