Subject: [Tigers] Hardtop/Windshield Install

From: tym2--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:48:13 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4405119979637667897==
	boundary="----=_Part_26100914_1286648474.1476643693240"

------=_Part_26100914_1286648474.1476643693240
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Tigers,

I've had my '66 Mk1A apart for two years for paint and stuff (lots of other stuff).
The car has been painted and we're beginning to put it back together.  There were many "past sins" uncovered.  We removed about 40 pounds of bondo!

Anyway, prior to taking the car apart, the hardtop wasn't properly aligned with the door window, etc.
Does anyone have any advice as to how properly make the hardtop fit correctly and line-up as it should?

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell
------=_Part_26100914_1286648474.1476643693240
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>Tigers,</div>
<div></div>
<div>I've had my '66 Mk1A apart for two years for paint and stuff (lots of other stuff).</div>
<div>The car has been painted and we're beginning to put it back together. &nbsp;There were many "past sins" uncovered. &nbsp;We removed about 40 pounds of bondo!</div>
<div></div>
<div>Anyway, prior to taking the car apart, the hardtop wasn't properly aligned with the door window, etc.</div>
<div>Does anyone have any advice as to how properly make the hardtop fit correctly and line-up as it should?</div>
<div></div>
<div>Thanks in advance.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Tym McDowell</div>
------=_Part_26100914_1286648474.1476643693240--

--===============4405119979637667897==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4405119979637667897==--

---

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 17:17:55 -0400

--===============9099335286997638821==

--001a114fb20039971d053f01fef4

Tym,

I'm fighting the same problem with my Mark 2. By the time I got the top to
fit at the "B" post the angle at the windshield was too tight (closer at
the top by quite a bit.) I'm still working on that...

There is one fixed point: the "B pillar. The boot hinges are (more or less)
adjustable - the trick is to get the gap around the boot lid right... and
the windshield is adjustable. I ended up taking out Tom Hall's windshield
frame adjusters; it was that tight. So I'm trying to figure out how to get
the gap between the windshield and the "wing" windows (I guess they're just
"triangle" windows..) right. I s'pect there's a small adjustment available
behind the door panels, but I haven't pulled them off yet (it's hard to do
from 600 miles away...).

So, Tym, I'm really interested in what you see and how you fix it...

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM, tym2--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> The car has been painted and we're beginning to put it back together.
> There were many "past sins" uncovered.  We removed about 40 pounds of bondo!
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com
>
>
>
>

--001a114fb20039971d053f01fef4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Tym,</div><div><br></div>I&#39;m fighting the same pr=
oblem with my Mark 2. By the time I got the top to fit at the &quot;B&quot;=
 post the angle at the windshield was too tight (closer at the top by quite=
 a bit.) I&#39;m still working on that...<div><br></div><div>There is one f=
ixed point: the &quot;B pillar. The boot hinges are (more or less) adjustab=
le - the trick is to get the gap around the boot lid right... and the winds=
hield is adjustable. I ended up taking out Tom Hall&#39;s windshield frame =
adjusters; it was that tight. So I&#39;m trying to figure out how to get th=
e gap between the windshield and the &quot;wing&quot; windows (I guess they=
&#39;re just &quot;triangle&quot; windows..) right. I s&#39;pect there&#39;=
s a small adjustment available behind the door panels, but I haven&#39;t pu=
lled them off yet (it&#39;s hard to do from 600 miles away...).</div><div><=
br></div><div>So, Tym, I&#39;m really interested in what you see and how yo=
u fix it...</div><div><br></div><div>Tom</div><div>&#39;67 Mark 2</div><div=
><br></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM, tym2--- via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"ma=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div>Tigers,</=
div>
<div></div>
<div>I&#39;ve had my &#39;66 Mk1A apart for two years for paint and stuff (=
lots of other stuff).</div>
<div>The car has been painted and we&#39;re beginning to put it back togeth=
er.=C2=A0 There were many &quot;past sins&quot; uncovered.=C2=A0 We removed=
 about 40 pounds of bondo!</div>
<div></div>
<div>Anyway, prior to taking the car apart, the hardtop wasn&#39;t properly=
 aligned with the door window, etc.</div>
<div>Does anyone have any advice as to how properly make the hardtop fit co=
rrectly and line-up as it should?</div>
<div></div>
<div>Thanks in advance.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Tym McDowell</div><br>______________________________<wbr>_____________=
____<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkpark=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/<wbr>options/tigers/tkparker1941@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a114fb20039971d053f01fef4--

--===============9099335286997638821==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9099335286997638821==--