Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tigers

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:28:31 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1601389362145228508==
 boundary="------------070303020608000800080501"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070303020608000800080501
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Whether a Tiger was designated a 1967 or 1966 model was a decision 
usually left up to
the DMV in the state where the car was sold. My Tiger, for example, 
which I bought on
October 15, 1966 in NY state, was registered as a 67. Its serial no. is 
B382002384LRXFE.
Its birthday, IIRC, was actually August 29, 1966 according to the info 
from Norm.
I have seen other Tigerswith later serial numbers which are registered 
as 66's, so there
is little rhyme nor reason.

As others have noted, MkIA manufacture ended in late 1966. 
Interestingly, from what
I have seen, MkII cars were being produced before MkIA production 
ceased, so there
was some overlap. To my knowledge (and I am not infallible, as my wife 
often points out)
all of the MkII's that came to the states were registered as 67's, even 
though a few of
them may have been produced in 1966.

Tod Brown
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

--------------070303020608000800080501
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial"><font face="Arial">W</font>hether a Tiger was
      designated a 1967 or 1966 model was a decis<font face="Arial">ion
        usually left up to<br>
        <font face="Arial">the DMV in the state where the car was sold.
          My Tiger, for example, which I bought on<br>
          <font face="Arial">October 15, 1966 <font face="Arial">in NY
              state, was registered as a 67. Its seri<font face="Arial">al
                no. is B382002384LRXFE.<br>
                <font face="Arial">Its birthday, IIRC, was actually
                  August 29, 1966 according to the info f<font
                    face="Arial">rom Norm.</font></font><br>
                <font face="Arial">I have seen <font face="Arial">other
                    Tigers<font face="Arial"> with later serial numbers
                      which are registered as 66's, so there<br>
                      <font face="Arial">is little rhyme nor reason. <br>
                        <br>
                        <font face="Arial">As others have noted, MkIA
                          manufacture ended in late 1966. Interestingly,
                          fro<font face="Arial">m what<br>
                            <font face="Arial">I have seen, MkII cars w<font
                                face="Arial">ere being produced before
                                MkIA production ceased, so there<br>
                                <font face="Arial">was some overlap. To
                                  my knowledge (and I am not inf<font
                                    face="Arial">allib<font face="Arial">le,
                                      as my wife ofte<font face="Arial">n
                                        points out)<br>
                                        <font face="Arial">all of the
                                          MkII's that came to the states
                                          we<font face="Arial">re
                                            registered as 67's, even
                                            though a few of<br>
                                            <font face="Arial">them may
                                              have been produced in
                                              1966.<br>
                                              <br>
                                              <font face="Arial">Tod
                                                Brown<br>
                                                <font face="Arial">B382002384LRXFE<br>
                                                  <font face="Arial">TAC
                                                    864</font><br>
                                                </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------070303020608000800080501--

--===============1601389362145228508==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============1601389362145228508==--