Subject: Re: [Tigers] MkII VINs

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:27:57 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8863399505526220318==
 boundary="------------060207050600090800060809"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060207050600090800060809
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Actually, there were two MkII's assembled by Rootes before production 
was turned
over to Jensen. They carry serial numbers B382100001 and B382100002 but 
no JAL
numbers. The Jensen run began with B382100100 and ended with ...633. See the
note in the SS Catalog:

MARK II PRODUCTION NUMBERS VARY. CARS WITH
SERIAL # B382100001
AND #B382100002 EXIST WITH NO JAL #’S (JENSEN ALPINE LTD. BODY #)
WHICH INDICATES THE CARS WERE COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED BY ROOTES,
NEVER GOING TO THE JENSEN PLANT AND MUST HAVE BEEN A PRE-
PRODUCTION PILOT CARS. THE NEXT MK II IS B382100
100 WHICH CARRIES
A JAL NUMBER, THE FIRST OF THE MK II SERIES.

There were also six (IIRC) MkIA's fitted with the MkII mechanicals (289 
block, wide-
ratio trans, modifiedWatts linkage, etc.) but were badged as MkIA'sat 
the end of
the MkIA run at Jensen.

Tod Brown
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

--------------060207050600090800060809
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial"><font face="Arial">Actually<font face="Arial">,
          there were two MkII's assembled by Rootes before production
          was turned <br>
          <font face="Arial">over to Jensen. They carry serial numbers
            B382100001 and B382100002 but no JAL<br>
            <font face="Arial">numbers. The Jensen run began with
              B382100100 and ended with ...633<font face="Arial">. See
                the<br>
                <font face="Arial">note in the SS Catalog:<br>
                </font></font></font></font></font></font></font><br>
    <div data-canvas-width="253.5643999999999" style="left: 120.04px;
      top: 758.864px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.802419);">MARK II PRODUCTION NUMBERS VARY.
      CARS WITH</div>
    <div data-canvas-width="104.52760000000002" style="left: 378.083px;
      top: 758.864px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.774279);">SERIAL # B382100001 </div>
    <div data-canvas-width="362.2331999999998" style="left: 120.04px;
      top: 772.264px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.79787);">AND #B382100002 EXIST WITH NO JAL #’S
      (JENSEN ALPINE LTD. BODY #) </div>
    <div data-canvas-width="362.2563999999997" style="left: 120.04px;
      top: 785.664px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.821443);">WHICH INDICATES THE CARS WERE
      COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED BY ROOTES, </div>
    <div style="left: 476.883px; top: 798.864px; font-size: 11.6px;
      font-family: sans-serif;">NEVER GOING TO THE JENSEN PLANT AND MUST
      HAVE BEEN A PRE-</div>
    <div data-canvas-width="260.3503999999996" style="left: 120.04px;
      top: 812.264px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.813595);">PRODUCTION PILOT CARS. THE NEXT MK
      II IS B382100</div>
    <div data-canvas-width="101.69720000000001" style="left: 380.883px;
      top: 812.264px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.800765);">100 WHICH CARRIES </div>
    <div data-canvas-width="227.17439999999985" style="left: 120.04px;
      top: 825.664px; font-size: 11.6px; font-family: sans-serif;
      transform: scaleX(0.820124);">A JAL NUMBER, THE FIRST OF THE MK II
      SERIES.<br>
      <br>
    </div>
    <font face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
            face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                  face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                        face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                            face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                                face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                                    face="Arial"><font face="Arial"><font
                                        face="Arial"><font face="Arial">There
                                          were also six (IIRC) MkIA<font
                                            face="Arial">'<font
                                              face="Arial">s f<font
                                                face="Arial">itted with
                                                the MkII mechanicals
                                                (289 block, wide-<br>
                                                <font face="Arial">ratio
                                                  trans, modified<font
                                                    face="Arial"> Watts
                                                    link<font
                                                      face="Arial">age</font>,
                                                    etc<font
                                                      face="Arial">.)
                                                      but were badged as
                                                      MkIA's<font
                                                        face="Arial"> at
                                                        the end of<br>
                                                        <font
                                                          face="Arial">the
                                                          MkIA run at
                                                          Jensen. <br>
                                                          <br>
                                                          <font
                                                          face="Arial">Tod
                                                          Brown<br>
                                                          <font
                                                          face="Arial">B382002384LRXFE<br>
                                                          <font
                                                          face="Arial">TAC
                                                          864</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
                  </font></font></font></font></font></font><br>
      </font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------060207050600090800060809--

--===============8863399505526220318==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8863399505526220318==--