Subject: Re: [Tigers] Axle wrap

From: Michael Wood via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:23:31 -0400

--===============0231275235798080552==
	boundary="----=_Part_3976_2048065264.1466522610908"

------=_Part_3976_2048065264.1466522610908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

That is similar to how Mopar built the "Super Stock" spring back in the day...clamped front half, back half more free to articulate. It works very well and has the added bonus of not having to introduce the unintended issues other, add on solutions bring to the equation.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Burruss via Tigers <[email-masked]>
To: tigers <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Jun 21, 2016 12:05 am
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Axle wrap

Back in the dark ages when I autocrossed my Tiger. I experimented with
spring clamps to control rear wheel hop, based on a suggestion from a fellow
Tiger autocrosser. I settled on a single clamp on the forward half of the
right side spring, just ahead of the tire. Launches thereafter were
perfectly smooth. It was a cheap fix that remains in place today. It may
not be as effective with gobs of horsepower and today's sticky tires.

Jim Burruss

**********************

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
------=_Part_3976_2048065264.1466522610908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;color:b=
lack;"><div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;=
color:black;">That is similar to how Mopar built the "Super Stock" spring b=
ack in the day...clamped front half, back half more free to articulate. It =
works very well and has the added bonus of not having to introduce the unin=
tended issues other, add on&nbsp;solutions bring to the equation.<br><br><b=
r>-----Original Message-----<br>From: James Burruss via Tigers &lt;tigers@a=
utox.team.net&gt;<br>To: tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Sent: Tue,=
 Jun 21, 2016 12:05 am<br>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Axle wrap<br><br></div>Back=
 in the dark ages when I autocrossed my Tiger. I experimented with<br>sprin=
g clamps to control rear wheel hop, based on a suggestion from a fellow<br>=
Tiger autocrosser.  I settled on a single clamp on the forward half of the<=
br>right side spring, just ahead of the tire.  Launches thereafter were<br>=
perfectly smooth.  It was a cheap fix that remains in place today.  It may<=
br>not be as effective with gobs of horsepower and today's sticky tires.<br=
><br>Jim Burruss<br><br>**********************<br><br>_____________________=
__________________________<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/don=
ate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive:=
 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.=
net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
<br></div>
------=_Part_3976_2048065264.1466522610908--

--===============0231275235798080552==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0231275235798080552==--