Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers

From: "Norman C. Miller via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 22:28:58 -0700

--=====================_556076530==_
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="=====================_556076530==.REL"

--=====================_556076530==.REL
	boundary="=====================_556076530==.ALT"

--=====================_556076530==.ALT

First, there is no field, or column in the "factory" production 
record for colour code.
Second, in the roughly 390 owner reports for MK II Tigers to date, 
none have turned up bearing code #1.
Third, the pictured car (referenced in your post and appearing in the 
goggle search images) was originally code #86, but now carries a 
counterfeit chassis plate..
Emacs!

Norm

At 11:37 AM 6/3/2016, Tom Witt via Tigers wrote:
>So, to enlighten us all, were there no black MK II's..., or did they 
>use a different number for black?  I found this paint reference site 
>that lists Rootes, Embassy Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond. 
>http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&con=k&page=3&rows=50
>A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, 
>Embassy Black 1 reference.  At the very beginning of that line is a 
>link to G = Google, B = Bing, Y = Yahoo images. And, there is a 
>black MK II that shows up at each site. I'm not trying to dispute 
>either side in the matter. Rather I'm only  pointing where the 
>concept of a  Embassy Black 1 Mk II Tiger can come from. Accurate - or not.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers
>Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers
>
>Be sure and let me know when you find that MK II carrying "code #1".
>
>Norm

--=====================_556076530==.ALT

<html>
<body>
First, there is no field, or column in the &quot;factory&quot; production
record for colour code.<br>
Second, in the roughly 390 owner reports for MK II Tigers to date, none
have turned up bearing code #1.<br>
Third, the pictured car (referenced in your post and appearing in the
goggle search images) was originally code #86, but now carries a
counterfeit chassis plate.. <br>
<img src="cid:[email-masked]" width=1024 height=682 alt="Emacs!">
<br><br>
Norm<br><br>
<br>
At 11:37 AM 6/3/2016, Tom Witt via Tigers wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">So, to enlighten us all, were
there no black MK II's..., or did they use a different number for
black?&nbsp; I found this paint reference site that lists Rootes, Embassy
Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond.
<a href="http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&amp;con=k&amp;page=3&amp;rows=50" eudora="autourl">
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&amp;con=k&amp;page=3&amp;rows=50</a>
<br>
A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, Embassy
Black 1 reference.&nbsp; At the very beginning of that line is a link to
G = Google, B = Bing, Y = Yahoo images. And, there is a black MK II that
shows up at each site. I'm not trying to dispute either side in the
matter. Rather I'm only&nbsp; pointing where the concept of a&nbsp;
Embassy Black 1 Mk II Tiger can come from. Accurate - or not.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
-----Original Message----- <br>
From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers <br>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM <br>
To: [email-masked] <br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Be sure and let me know when you find that MK II carrying &quot;code
#1&quot;.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Norm</blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_556076530==.ALT--

--=====================_556076530==.REL
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="212483fc.jpg"

--=====================_556076530==.REL--

--=====================_556076530==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mailing list reply copy.jpg"

--=====================_556076530==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--=====================_556076530==_--