Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:37:52 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6908319150989080186==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0059_01D1BD8C.5CEE7EA0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01D1BD8C.5CEE7EA0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

So, to enlighten us all, were there no black MK II's..., or did they use =
a different number for black?  I found this paint reference site that =
lists Rootes, Embassy Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond. =
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=3DRootes&con=3Dk&pa=
ge=3D3&rows=3D50
A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, Embassy =
Black 1 reference.  At the very beginning of that line is a link to G =
=3D Google, B =3D Bing, Y =3D Yahoo images. And, there is a black MK II =
that shows up at each site. I'm not trying to dispute either side in the =
matter. Rather I'm only  pointing where the concept of a  Embassy Black =
1 Mk II Tiger can come from. Accurate - or not.

-----Original Message-----=20
From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers=20
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM=20
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers=20

Be sure and let me know when you find that MK II carrying "code #1".

Norm

At 01:07 PM 5/31/2016, snakebit289 via Tigers wrote:
>Embassy Black, paint code #1, was always a standard color available=20
>on Tigers. Though it's now a dark red Ford color, my IA number 48=20
>was black, with code #1 on the VIN tag when I bought it in 1989.=20
>Further more, black has been a listed color in all of the Tiger and=20
>Alpine V8 sales folders that I have.
>
>Rande Bellman
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01D1BD8C.5CEE7EA0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>So, to enlighten us all, were there no black MK II's..., or did =
they use a=20
different number for black?&nbsp; I found this paint reference site that =
lists=20
Rootes, Embassy Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond.=20
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=3DRootes&amp;con=3D=
k&amp;page=3D3&amp;rows=3D50</DIV>
<DIV>A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, =
Embassy Black=20
1 reference.&nbsp; At the very beginning of that line is a link to G =3D =
Google, B=20
=3D Bing, Y =3D Yahoo images. And, there is a black MK II that shows up =
at each=20
site. I'm not trying to dispute either side in the matter. Rather I'm =
only&nbsp;=20
pointing where the concept of a&nbsp; Embassy Black 1 Mk II Tiger can =
come from.=20
Accurate - or not.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-----Original Message----- </DIV>
<DIV>From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers </DIV>
<DIV>Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM </DIV>
<DIV>To: [email-masked] </DIV>
<DIV>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Be sure and let me know when you find that MK II carrying "code =
#1".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Norm</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At 01:07 PM 5/31/2016, snakebit289 via Tigers wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Embassy Black, paint code #1, was always a standard color =
available=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;on Tigers. Though it's now a dark red Ford color, my IA number =
48=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;was black, with code #1 on the VIN tag when I bought it in =
1989. </DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Further more, black has been a listed color in all of the Tiger =
and=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Alpine V8 sales folders that I have.</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Rande Bellman</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01D1BD8C.5CEE7EA0--

--===============6908319150989080186==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6908319150989080186==--

---

From: "Norman C. Miller via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 16:33:32 -0700

--=====================_534717544==_
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="=====================_534717544==.REL"

--=====================_534717544==.REL
	boundary="=====================_534717544==.ALT"

--=====================_534717544==.ALT

First, there is no field, or column in the "factory" production 
record for colour code.
Second, in the roughly 390 owner reports for MK II Tigers to date, 
none have turned up bearing code #1.
Third, the pictured car (referenced in your post and appearing in the 
goggle search images) was originally code #86, but now carries a 
counterfeit chassis plate..
Emacs!

Norm

At 11:37 AM 6/3/2016, Tom Witt via Tigers wrote:
>So, to enlighten us all, were there no black MK II's..., or did they 
>use a different number for black?  I found this paint reference site 
>that lists Rootes, Embassy Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond. 
>http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&con=k&page=3&rows=50
>A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, 
>Embassy Black 1 reference.  At the very beginning of that line is a 
>link to G = Google, B = Bing, Y = Yahoo images. And, there is a 
>black MK II that shows up at each site. I'm not trying to dispute 
>either side in the matter. Rather I'm only  pointing where the 
>concept of a  Embassy Black 1 Mk II Tiger can come from. Accurate - or not.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers
>Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers
>
> >Embassy Black, paint code #1, was always a standard color available
> >on Tigers. Though it's now a dark red Ford color, my IA number 48
> >was black, with code #1 on the VIN tag when I bought it in 1989.
> >Further more, black has been a listed color in all of the Tiger and
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--=====================_534717544==.ALT

<html>
<body>
First, there is no field, or column in the &quot;factory&quot; production
record for colour code.<br>
Second, in the roughly 390 owner reports for MK II Tigers to date, none
have turned up bearing code #1.<br>
Third, the pictured car (referenced in your post and appearing in the
goggle search images) was originally code #86, but now carries a
counterfeit chassis plate.. <br>
<img src="cid:.0" width=1024 height=682 alt="Emacs!"><br><br>
Norm<br><br>
<br>
At 11:37 AM 6/3/2016, Tom Witt via Tigers wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">So, to enlighten us all, were
there no black MK II's..., or did they use a different number for
black?&nbsp; I found this paint reference site that lists Rootes, Embassy
Black 1 in 1967 - and beyond.
<a href="http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&amp;con=k&amp;page=3&amp;rows=50" eudora="autourl">
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes&amp;con=k&amp;page=3&amp;rows=50</a>
<br>
A bit more than a third of the way down the page is the 1967, Embassy
Black 1 reference.&nbsp; At the very beginning of that line is a link to
G = Google, B = Bing, Y = Yahoo images. And, there is a black MK II that
shows up at each site. I'm not trying to dispute either side in the
matter. Rather I'm only&nbsp; pointing where the concept of a&nbsp;
Embassy Black 1 Mk II Tiger can come from. Accurate - or not.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
-----Original Message----- <br>
From: Norman C. Miller via Tigers <br>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:30 PM <br>
To: [email-masked] <br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Black Tigers <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Be sure and let me know when you find that MK II carrying &quot;code
#1&quot;.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Norm<br>
&nbsp;<br>
At 01:07 PM 5/31/2016, snakebit289 via Tigers wrote:<br>
&gt;Embassy Black, paint code #1, was always a standard color available
<br>
&gt;on Tigers. Though it's now a dark red Ford color, my IA number 48
<br>
&gt;was black, with code #1 on the VIN tag when I bought it in 1989.
<br>
&gt;Further more, black has been a listed color in all of the Tiger and
<br>
&gt;Alpine V8 sales folders that I have.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Rande Bellman<br>
_______________________________________________<br><br>
[email-masked]<br><br>
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora="autourl">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" eudora="autourl">
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" eudora="autourl">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
Unsubscribe:
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" eudora="autourl">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_534717544==.ALT--

--=====================_534717544==.REL
Content-ID: <.0>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="1fdf198f.jpg"

--=====================_534717544==.REL--

--=====================_534717544==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mailing list reply copy.jpg"

--=====================_534717544==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--=====================_534717544==_--