Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fantom Works

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:07:23 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7596927872671097120==
 boundary="------------000302080000030905030909"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000302080000030905030909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Rande:

I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I don't think I would 
have been happy
with what they did. First of all, I thought the price was awful high for 
the dash they built.
You can easily find very nice dashboards for the Tiger at a fraction of 
their price. Secondly,
I didn't think that the walnut burl they used, while nicely done, was 
very authentic looking.
And, finally, I thought their selection of gauges was not very 
authentic, either. One can easily
obtain used gauges on eBay or elsewhere and have them rebuilt (and 
upgraded in the case
of the tach) for less than the gauges they installed. In the end, it 
looked very nice, but
anyone familiar with Tigers would recognize it as far from original. 
Now, maybe I am too
hung up on originality and the owner may love it but, as I said, it is 
not my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Tod

--------------000302080000030905030909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial">Rande:<br>
      <br>
      I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I <font
        face="Arial">don't think I would have been happy <br>
        <font face="Arial">with what they did. First of all, I thought
          the price was awful high for the dash they buil<font
            face="Arial">t.<br>
            <font face="Arial">You can e<font face="Arial">asily find
                very nice dashbo<font face="Arial">ards for the Tiger at
                  a fraction of th<font face="Arial">eir price.
                    Secondly,<br>
                    <font face="Arial">I didn't thin<font face="Arial">k
                        that the walnut burl they used, while nicely
                        done, was very authe<font face="Arial">ntic
                          looking.<br>
                          <font face="Arial">And, finally, I thought
                            their selection of gauges </font>was not
                          very authentic, either. One can easily <br>
                          <font face="Arial">obtain used gauges on eBa<font
                              face="Arial">y or elsewhere and have them
                              rebuilt (and upgraded in the case<br>
                              <font face="Arial">of the tach) for less
                                than the gauges they installed. In the
                                end, it looked very nice, but <br>
                                <font face="Arial">anyone familiar with
                                  Tigers would <font face="Arial">recognize
                                    it as far from original. Now, maybe
                                    <font face="Arial">I am too<br>
                                      <font face="Arial">hung up on
                                        originality and the owner may
                                        love it but, as I said, it is
                                        not my cup of tea.<br>
                                        <br>
                                        <font face="Arial">Cheers,<br>
                                          <br>
                                          <font face="Arial">Tod</font><br>
                                        </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000302080000030905030909--

--===============7596927872671097120==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7596927872671097120==--

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:20:46 -0700

--===============3807366574231215645==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0044_01D0BAE9.528B94D0"

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01D0BAE9.528B94D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My opinion is that some cars (and the Tiger is one of them) either need =
period correct modifications or left stock. That =
=E2=80=9CFoose-ized=E2=80=9D Tiger on Overhaulin just seemed like =
someone had put a leisure suit on it. It will probably retain value =
because of the Foose name, but in 2020 it will surely look out of date. =
The dash in that Overhaulin Tiger was also a sad thing to see. To me the =
factory Tiger dash has always been a distinctive aspect of the car.  On =
my Studebaker side of life the word is that the red Avanti Fantom Works =
did was a $25,000-$30,000 car on which well in excess of $100,000 was =
spent. And, while the paint and interior looked nice, the stance of the =
car was disproportionally jacked up and made the car look awful.  In =
this case perhaps the Tiger owner got off easy.

From: Tod Brown via Tigers=20
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2015 12:07 PM
To: [email-masked] ; snakebit289=20
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fantom Works

Rande:

I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I don't think I would =
have been happy=20
with what they did. First of all, I thought the price was awful high for =
the dash they built.
You can easily find very nice dashboards for the Tiger at a fraction of =
their price. Secondly,
I didn't think that the walnut burl they used, while nicely done, was =
very authentic looking.
And, finally, I thought their selection of gauges was not very =
authentic, either. One can easily=20
obtain used gauges on eBay or elsewhere and have them rebuilt (and =
upgraded in the case
of the tach) for less than the gauges they installed. In the end, it =
looked very nice, but=20
anyone familiar with Tigers would recognize it as far from original. =
Now, maybe I am too
hung up on originality and the owner may love it but, as I said, it is =
not my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Tod

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01D0BAE9.528B94D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" =
http-equiv=3Dcontent-type></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>My opinion is that some cars (and the Tiger is one of them) either =
need=20
period correct modifications or left stock. That =
=E2=80=9CFoose-ized=E2=80=9D Tiger on=20
Overhaulin just seemed like someone had put a leisure suit on it. It =
will=20
probably retain value because of the Foose name, but in 2020 it will =
surely look=20
out of date. The dash in that Overhaulin Tiger was also a sad thing to =
see. To=20
me the factory Tiger dash has always been a distinctive aspect of the =
car.&nbsp;=20
On my Studebaker side of life the word is that the red Avanti Fantom =
Works did=20
was a $25,000-$30,000 car on which well in excess of $100,000 was spent. =
And,=20
while the paint and interior looked nice, the stance of the car was=20
disproportionally jacked up and made the car look awful.&nbsp; In this =
case=20
perhaps the Tiger owner got off easy.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Tod Brown via Tigers</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 09, 2015 12:07 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> ; <A=20
title=[email-masked] =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">snakebit289</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Tigers] Fantom Works</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
face=3DArial>Rande:<BR><BR>I get the channel and saw the show with the =
Tiger. I=20
<FONT face=3DArial>don't think I would have been happy <BR><FONT =
face=3DArial>with=20
what they did. First of all, I thought the price was awful high for the =
dash=20
they buil<FONT face=3DArial>t.<BR><FONT face=3DArial>You can e<FONT =
face=3DArial>asily=20
find very nice dashbo<FONT face=3DArial>ards for the Tiger at a fraction =
of=20
th<FONT face=3DArial>eir price. Secondly,<BR><FONT face=3DArial>I didn't =
thin<FONT=20
face=3DArial>k that the walnut burl they used, while nicely done, was =
very=20
authe<FONT face=3DArial>ntic looking.<BR><FONT face=3DArial>And, =
finally, I thought=20
their selection of gauges </FONT>was not very authentic, either. One can =
easily=20
<BR><FONT face=3DArial>obtain used gauges on eBa<FONT face=3DArial>y or =
elsewhere=20
and have them rebuilt (and upgraded in the case<BR><FONT face=3DArial>of =
the tach)=20
for less than the gauges they installed. In the end, it looked very =
nice, but=20
<BR><FONT face=3DArial>anyone familiar with Tigers would <FONT=20
face=3DArial>recognize it as far from original. Now, maybe <FONT =
face=3DArial>I am=20
too<BR><FONT face=3DArial>hung up on originality and the owner may love =
it but, as=20
I said, it is not my cup of tea.<BR><BR><FONT =
face=3DArial>Cheers,<BR><BR><FONT=20
face=3DArial>Tod</FONT><BR></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FO=
NT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT>=
</FONT></FONT>
<P>
<HR>
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01D0BAE9.528B94D0--

--===============3807366574231215645==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3807366574231215645==--