Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiper Motor Park Position

From: wseay via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 11:20:15 -0400

Graham,

The park position for the wipers is determined by a grounding contact 
contained in a rotatable cap assembly that mounts to the motor's gearbox. 
You can identify the cap by the wire that comes out of the motor and is 
soldered to a contact on the cap.  To set the park position, you must loosen 
a small clamp that keeps the cap from rotating.  You can then rotate the cap 
to set the park position and then tighten the clamp again.  You will have to 
undo the stuff that you did with the wiper splines.  Set the blades on the 
splines so that they sweep the correct area on the windshield and then set 
the park position.  This procedure is probably in the shop manual - didn't 
check.

Good luck

Will - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- 
From: Graham Harlowe via Tigers
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Wiper Motor Park Position

Listers -

I recently installed a professionally rebuilt wiper motor (core exchange).
The results in some respects (physical appearance, wiper speed) are
fantastic, but now when switched off, the wipers actually move upward to
their park position from their low point on the windshield and stop almost
mid-screen.

To remove the wiper motor, I left the transmission tube installed under the
dash and removed the wiper arms from their splines to pull out the drive
cable and unbolt the motor/mount bracket.  When reinstalling, I pushed the
cable back into the tube and assumed I could reinstall the wipers at the
appropriate angle based on the rotation of the splines.  However, the low
point of the wipers in their travel appears to be lower than the park
position.  Anyone else out there encountered this problem?  Fixes?

Thanks as always,
Graham Harlowe
B382001466

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Graham Harlowe via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:34:15 -0400

Thanks for the inputs on the wiper motor park position.  I must have missed
the opportunity to align the rotable cap when I had the thing disassembled
to reattach the drive cable (or messed up the alignment by doing same).
Although the manual doesn't describe how to adjust the park position, it
does explain how the park position works.  

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmN28.asp

I hoped I'd be able to test/tweak/retest my way to the proper wiper park
position by reaching under the dash and rotating the cap, but of course, the
cap is not accessible from there.  I may be able to access the cap to do
iterative adjustments by removing the glove box.  Will put than on the
winter task list.  Thanks again!  

Cheers, 
Graham 
B382001466

-----Original Message-----
From: wseay [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2015 11:20 AM
To: Graham Harlowe; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiper Motor Park Position

Graham,

Good luck

-----Original Message----- 
From: Graham Harlowe via Tigers
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Wiper Motor Park Position

Listers -

Thanks as always,
Graham Harlowe
B382001466

[email-masked]

[email-masked]