Subject: [Tigers] Fantom works tiger

From: Lance Beauchamp via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:16:55 -0400

Totally agree with both evaluation s of the Tigers that were tweeked. The dash on both were not well done, were they my cars I would have been disappointed in the look. Beau
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: wseay via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:31:54 -0400

I totally agree too.  The Fantom Tiger had an incorrect wooden dash and a 
set of incorrect gauges.  The owner said that he wanted a burled Walnut dash 
and Smith's gauges.  He got a Fantom- fabricated walnut dash and a set of 
incorrect Smith's gauges.  They could have bought a correct dash from any 
number of sources.  Finding a correct set of Smith's Jagear gauges might be 
a tough order, but why substitute another (albeit Smith's) set of incorrect 
gauges for the set of incorrect gauges that was already in the car?  As for 
the Overhaulin Tiger, I gasped when they removed the original dash and 
gauges and threw them on the scrap heap with some kind of dismissive 
comment.  I understand that what Overhaulin does is more customization than 
restoration, but in my opinion, replacing the original dash and steering 
wheel should not have been done.  I'm no stickler for correctness, but it 
seems to me that if you can't improve on a feature of the Tiger then you 
shouldn't replace it.  The Overhaulin Tiger would have been a much cooler 
car with the original dash and steering wheel than with the JC Whitney (or 
whatever) replacement that it got.

Will - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- 
From: Lance Beauchamp via Tigers
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 11:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Fantom works tiger

Totally agree with both evaluation s of the Tigers that were tweeked. The 
dash on both were not well done, were they my cars I would have been 
disappointed in the look. Beau
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]