Subject: [Tigers] Brake fluid

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:53:36 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7385089289863631827==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0C30C.9F2FD3C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0C30C.9F2FD3C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey, guys:

This has probably been discussed to death, but I'd like to bring up the
subject of brake fluid.  I headed out to the local parts stores today (just
about every one of them in Edmond) looking for Castrol GTLMA brake fluid.
Needless to say.no joy.  Nobody, but NOBODY, is carrying Castrol brake fluid
of any kind around here.  They can't even order it (they have no part number
for it and their warehouses can't supply them).  

So, my question is this.is any kind of DOT 4 fluid usable in a freshly
rebuilt hydraulic system?  It seems that just about everybody is making DOT
4 fluid, but I've never used anything but Castrol GTLMA.  What should I get
for the Tiger?  What are you all running out there?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0C30C.9F2FD3C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hey, guys:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This has =
probably been discussed to death, but I&#8217;d like to bring up the =
subject of brake fluid.&nbsp; I headed out to the local parts stores =
today (just about every one of them in Edmond) looking for Castrol GTLMA =
brake fluid.&nbsp; Needless to say&#8230;no joy.&nbsp; Nobody, but =
NOBODY, is carrying Castrol brake fluid of any kind around here.&nbsp; =
They can&#8217;t even order it (they have no part number for it and =
their warehouses can&#8217;t supply them).&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, my =
question is this&#8230;is any kind of DOT 4 fluid usable in a freshly =
rebuilt hydraulic system?&nbsp; It seems that just about everybody is =
making DOT 4 fluid, but I&#8217;ve never used anything but Castrol =
GTLMA.&nbsp; What should I get for the Tiger?&nbsp; What are you all =
running out there?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andy Walker<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Edmond, OK<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0C30C.9F2FD3C0--

--===============7385089289863631827==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7385089289863631827==--