Subject: [Tigers] Wiper Motor Park Position

From: Graham Harlowe via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:05:53 -0400

Listers -

I recently installed a professionally rebuilt wiper motor (core exchange).
The results in some respects (physical appearance, wiper speed) are
fantastic, but now when switched off, the wipers actually move upward to
their park position from their low point on the windshield and stop almost
mid-screen.  

To remove the wiper motor, I left the transmission tube installed under the
dash and removed the wiper arms from their splines to pull out the drive
cable and unbolt the motor/mount bracket.  When reinstalling, I pushed the
cable back into the tube and assumed I could reinstall the wipers at the
appropriate angle based on the rotation of the splines.  However, the low
point of the wipers in their travel appears to be lower than the park
position.  Anyone else out there encountered this problem?  Fixes?  

Thanks as always, 
Graham Harlowe
B382001466

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]