Subject: [Tigers] Valve Lash Adjustment

From: Richard via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:11:43 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1445038649462205396==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0005_01D0C0B3.A775D260"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D0C0B3.A775D260
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

1967 Sunbeam Tiger MKII 289

I have rattling noise that seem to be coming from the valve train, so I =
am
getting ready to adjust the valve lash.  The Sunbeam workshop manual =
says to
take out the clearance at the pushrod and rocker arm and then =932=94 =
more
turns.  That sound excessive to me, and  everything on the web says
additional turns of =BD to =BE turn.  One site did say 1 additional =
turn.  This
is  my first attempt at adjusting the valve lash, any advice would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D0C0B3.A775D260
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>1967 =
Sunbeam Tiger MKII 289<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
rattling noise that seem to be coming from the valve train, so I am =
getting ready to adjust the valve lash. =A0The Sunbeam workshop manual =
says to take out the clearance at the pushrod and rocker arm and then =
&#8220;2&#8221; more turns. =A0That sound excessive to me, and =
=A0everything on the web says additional turns of =BD to =BE turn.=A0 =
One site did say 1 additional turn.=A0 This is =A0my first attempt at =
adjusting the valve lash, any advice would be greatly appreciated.=A0 =
Thanks<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D0C0B3.A775D260--

--===============1445038649462205396==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============1445038649462205396==--