Subject: [Tigers] Interior questions

From: awtiger--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:01:50 -0400

Hey, guys:

The engine compartment is done, the front end is done, the dash and wiring harness are completed...now what?  Oh, yes...it's time to freshen the interior.  I'm going to start with new carpet, and to that end, I ordered and received a new carpet kit from Rick at SS.  However, a question has come up regarding the proper components of the miscellaneaous interior panels that trim the interior of a Mk1A.  

The particular questions I have are regarding the rear trim panels around the package tray area.  First of all, over the years I've restored two Mk1s but I've never done a Mk1A.  Consequently, I have some questions regarding these panels.  There is the rear panel with the horizontal pleats in it, then there are the two side panels, all of which are topped off with the waist roll that goes around the top of these panels to finish them off.    My car, being B382001600, should have the pebble interior, and it does as far as the seats, door panels, kick panels, and rear waist roll go.  However the two rear shelf side panels and the rear pleated shelf panel are not the "pebble" style of material; they are more smooth.  Is this right for my car?  Next, the two side panels seem to be one sheet of fabric each with a thin film of foam underneath.  There is also a cardboard backing that all of that connects to that covers the side of the shelf, with the exception of the rounded part of the wheel well.  However, instead of having a separate piece of fabric for the wheel well, this thing is all one piece.  Is that the correct configuration or should it be two separate pieces?  If it's all one piece, how is the loose fabric part supposed to be attached to the wheel well and the area below the well?  Trim adhesive??

The last question has to do with the attachment of the rear waist roll.  My car has this waist roll glued on with trim adhesive.  However, it appears that there may have been some kind of clips that were once in place to hold this roll onto the car.  Can someone confirm this or, better yet, post a picture of what method of attachment was used to install that roll?  Oh...one other thing...did the convertible top boot snap onto the car at its lower leading edge with conventional snaps, or was it attached in some other fashion?  Some really detailed pics would be most appreciated; evidently throughout this project, I have come to the realization that I am much more of a visual person (sigh).

Thanks so much,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: ironbeast via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:58:17 -0400

--===============1193521545039722469==

----_com.android.email_1323165123109960
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_1323165123109960
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_1323165123109960--

--===============1193521545039722469==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1193521545039722469==--

---

From: Gary via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:01:33 -0700

--653734908-1763883532-1432152093=:98262

Andy,

Here is my MK1A, definitely pebble grain. I did have to trim back the foam slightly, glued down to the frame on the top, bottom and back, captured by the vertical piece on the door jam.

Gary

--653734908-1763883532-1432152093=:98262
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Pork Chop Left.jpg"

--653734908-1763883532-1432152093=:98262
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Pork Chop Right.jpg"

--653734908-1763883532-1432152093=:98262
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--653734908-1763883532-1432152093=:98262--