Subject: [Tigers] Warning light dash bulbs

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 20:42:31 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5712719294098671404==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0030_01D08A98.AC4A0AA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D08A98.AC4A0AA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey, guys:

I'm just about to wrap up the rewire of my Mk1A using the harness I got from
British Wiring.  However, something has come up that I'm a bit miffed about.
The new harness evidently uses LLB286 bulbs in the new bulb holders for the
ignition warning light, the high-beam warning light, and the signal warning
light.  I never once thought that I wouldn't be able to use my old warning
light bulbs, but the newer setup makes using them impossible.  The only way
to do that is to hack up the new system and install the old bulbs and
housings, which is something that I really don't want to do.  

I guess my question is this.does anybody know if there is a bulb that will
work in place of an LLB286 in the warning light tubes on the dash that is
more readily available?  FYI...the LLB286 bulb is a "capless" bulb that just
pushes into place in the new bulb holder.  Has anyone else run into this
and, if so, how did you solve the problem?  I've been all over town looking
for the LLB286 and nobody has them.  Sure, I can order them but then I'm
waiting once again.  If only British Wiring would have told me that I would
need them, I would have ordered them with the harness.

Thanks for any help/advice,

Andy Walker

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D08A98.AC4A0AA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hey, guys:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m =
just about to wrap up the rewire of my Mk1A using the harness I got from =
British Wiring.&nbsp; However, something has come up that I&#8217;m a =
bit miffed about.&nbsp; The new harness evidently uses LLB286 bulbs in =
the new bulb holders for the ignition warning light, the high-beam =
warning light, and the signal warning light.&nbsp; I never once thought =
that I wouldn&#8217;t be able to use my old warning light bulbs, but the =
newer setup makes using them impossible.&nbsp; The only way to do that =
is to hack up the new system and install the old bulbs and housings, =
which is something that I really don&#8217;t want to do.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I guess my question is this&#8230;does anybody know if =
there is a bulb that will work in place of an LLB286 in the warning =
light tubes on the dash that is more readily available?&nbsp; FYI...the =
LLB286 bulb is a &#8220;capless&#8221; bulb that just pushes into place =
in the new bulb holder.&nbsp; Has anyone else run into this and, if so, =
how did you solve the problem?&nbsp; I&#8217;ve been all over town =
looking for the LLB286 and nobody has them.&nbsp; Sure, I can order them =
but then I&#8217;m waiting once again.&nbsp; If only British Wiring =
would have told me that I would need them, I would have ordered them =
with the harness.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
any help/advice,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andy =
Walker<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D08A98.AC4A0AA0--

--===============5712719294098671404==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5712719294098671404==--