Subject: Re: [Tigers] Factory oil filter hoses

From: Jeffery Randall via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:56:25 -0500

Yes Andy you can install it with the motor in, it's easier also. I took my
own off and went to a 90 degree ford racing set up because there is no way
to change the filter without making a mess using the original not to
mention they leak. But you need stock have at it.  my .02 cents
   Jeff

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:46 PM, awtiger--- via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hey, guys:
>
> Okay...all the work I've done over the last year is about to (hopefully)
> come to a conclusion.  It looks like the motor will go back in my car
> within a week or two!!!!  I still have one question, however, and hopefully
> you guys can shed a bit of light on this for me.  I've never owned a Tiger
> with the factory oil filter hose set up on it so I'm a bit in the dark when
> it comes to that subject.  My question is this...can the hoses and the side
> block fittings be installed on the motor with the motor in place in the
> car?  My guess is that they probably can, but I don't want to install the
> motor without the hoses, only to find that I've got to take it all lose
> again and jack it around in order to get the hoses on.  Can someone address
> this for me?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Andy Walker
> Edmond, OK
> B382001600LRXFE
> TAC #740
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "A. C. via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 17:36:44 -0600

Andy, et al,

I am sorry I can't help with your specific question, but I want to point 
out a potential problem with the stock set up.

I was doing about 80 on the way to work one morning when a huge cloud of 
smoke came from under the hood of my Mark 1. Scared the #@$% out of me! 
Turned out that my original rubber oil hose was laying on the u-joint of 
my steering shaft and had worn through. Oil sprayed onto the exhaust and 
created the smoke screen, but fortunately there was no fire. Just be 
careful when routing your oil hoses.

Good luck,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans

On 1/12/2015 11:46 AM, awtiger--- via Tigers wrote:
> Hey, guys:
>
> Okay...all the work I've done over the last year is about to (hopefully) come to a conclusion.  It looks like the motor will go back in my car within a week or two!!!!  I still have one question, however, and hopefully you guys can shed a bit of light on this for me.  I've never owned a Tiger with the factory oil filter hose set up on it so I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to that subject.  My question is this...can the hoses and the side block fittings be installed on the motor with the motor in place in the car?  My guess is that they probably can, but I don't want to install the motor without the hoses, only to find that I've got to take it all lose again and jack it around in order to get the hoses on.  Can someone address this for me?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Andy Walker
> Edmond, OK
> B382001600LRXFE
> TAC #740
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 18:55:59 -0500

" Just be careful when routing your oil hoses." (A J)

And be careful with the gasket between the oil filter ring and the adapter.
Nothing I read told me it needed gasket cement (yeah, I shoulda figgered
THAT out!)) and it took less than a minute to empty most of the oil from
the sump.

Smoke? Oh Hell Yes! Oil on headers. Lucky there wasn't a fire.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM, A. C. via Tigers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Turned out that my original rubber oil hose was laying on the u-joint of my
> steering shaft and had worn through. Oil sprayed onto the exhaust and
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com

[email-masked]