Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger GT

From: Sandy Ganz via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:50:27 -0800

Thanks for all the GT info and pics. I'm embarking on getting my Tiger 'race ready' but want to have it still have some semblance of a street car (you know sleeper looking). 

Still debating on removing the top mechanism and things like that. Will need to get into it a bit more to see all the sheet metal.

Rear end came out last night, so I'm on my way! Looks like lots of bad welding from the usual cracked traction masters. They got to go...

Have a scale and will also weight the removed parts for fun. The initial plan is to remove the D44 and swap with a 9". Hoping to shed some lbs in the process.

Will get some pics going as soon ;)

Sandy

________________________________
 From: Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:04 AM
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger GT

What's the difference in the Tiger vs. Tiger GT structurally? It's it 
different trim and the convert top assembly removed? Looking to possibly 
remove the convert top and wonder how the GT was done to see if I could 
finish the inside up nice but less the convertible top.

Thanks

Sandy
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Sandy via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:41:14 -0800

For the records, the Dana 44 that came out of my Tiger weight in at 
162lbs.  This is with brake drums, but NO springs, No e-brake linkage, etc.

Maintenance Note :

The PO had some really shady looking sway bar kit that looked like an 
add on afterthought, if you have one of these better check your brake 
lines and the bolts that tighten up the sloppy mess of clamps that hold 
it on.

Sandy

On 1/5/2015 11:50 AM, Sandy Ganz wrote:
> Thanks for all the GT info and pics. I'm embarking on getting my Tiger 
> 'race ready' but want to have it still have some semblance of a street 
> car (you know sleeper looking).
>
> Still debating on removing the top mechanism and things like that. 
> Will need to get into it a bit more to see all the sheet metal.
>
> Rear end came out last night, so I'm on my way! Looks like lots of bad 
> welding from the usual cracked traction masters. They got to go...
>
> Have a scale and will also weight the removed parts for fun. The 
> initial plan is to remove the D44 and swap with a 9". Hoping to shed 
> some lbs in the process.
>
> *From:* Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
> *To:* "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:04 AM
> *Subject:* [Tigers] Tiger GT
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:40:01 +0000

I9d like to be wrong, but isn9t a Ford 9 inch a lot beefier (and heavier)
than the Dana 44?
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/8-vs-9-ford-rear-end-weight.3018
90/
Or are you using a lightweight housing, hollow axle shafts, and aluminum
centre section?

I do think that the Ford 9 inch (and copied by Toyota, et al) method of
assembling the gears in the centre section and bolting all that into the
carrier is far better than what Dana does.

Cheers,
Theo

On 2015-01-22, 12:41 PM, "Sandy via Tigers" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Sandy via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:08:57 -0800

Theo -

It equalizer is the aluminum center you can get in the 9", that removes 
a lot of iron out of the picture. I don't know how the housing weight 
will come into play until I get it. For hollow shafts might save a 
couple more lbs, but not sure yet if worth it depending on the cost.

The best way to loose some weight out of the Tiger is for me to lose 20 
lbs :)

One thing that will cost some lbs in the 9" is hubs and brakes. I think  
it will weight in more then the stuff on the Tiger D44.

And yes, it's nice to deal with the drop out center, easy to get parts, 
easy to swap!

Sandy

On 1/22/2015 1:40 PM, Smit, Theo wrote:
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

[email-masked]