Subject: [Tigers] Windshield washer hose

From: awtiger--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 9:03:49 -0500

Guys:

Isn't there supposed to be a grommet on the firewall where the windshield washer hose passes through?  I've tried inserting a grommet with the hose still in place but that has proven to be next to impossible.  The grommet that comes with the SS rubber kit that looks like it would be the one for that application is too small to comfortably fit over the hose.  The only way I can see that you'd ever get that to work would be to shove it over the hose and then try to put the grommet in the firewall.  As I said, however, I'm not having any luck with that either.  In addition, I cannot see where the hose comes through the firewall under the dash.  Is there a trick to doing this that I'm just not seeing or does the whole dash and all that other stuff under there have to come out first???

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:31:18 -0500

Andy
	You will need to use a piece of wire to find the path through the
firewall.  It may need to be a wire on the inside of the tubing if that
helps you.  I believe the hole on the dash side is up high and slightly
forward of the hole on the firewall side.  If you have the dash wire harness
in, it might be covering the hole for the tubing.

I don't know if I have ever seen the original grommet for this tubing.  I
believe it is similar to the grommet for the heater valve cable; about 1/2"
long and looks like a plug with a hole in the center for the tubing.  I
don't have a grommet for that tubing on my Tiger.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of awtiger---
via Tigers
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Windshield washer hose

Guys:

Isn't there supposed to be a grommet on the firewall where the windshield
washer hose passes through?  I've tried inserting a grommet with the hose
still in place but that has proven to be next to impossible.  The grommet
that comes with the SS rubber kit that looks like it would be the one for
that application is too small to comfortably fit over the hose.  The only
way I can see that you'd ever get that to work would be to shove it over the
hose and then try to put the grommet in the firewall.  As I said, however,
I'm not having any luck with that either.  In addition, I cannot see where
the hose comes through the firewall under the dash.  Is there a trick to
doing this that I'm just not seeing or does the whole dash and all that
other stuff under there have to come out first???

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5645 / Virus Database: 4260/8927 - Release Date: 01/13/15
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]