Subject: Re: [Tigers] Need a couple of washers

From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 17:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

And I might add..

B9470622 does have both of these from the factory..
Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Sent: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:09:28 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Need a couple of washers

Andy
	I did not see if you got help with these.

DC washer = double coil spring washer

If you Google that name a number of sites pop up and hopefully one of them
sells them.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of awtiger---
via Tigers
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Need a couple of washers

Hey, guys:

Does anyone out there have a couple of what the parts book calls "D.C."
washers (double-coil)?  Specifically, I'm looking for the D.C. washer that
goes on the hood prop where it hooks to its swivel point on the car (I think
this one is 5/16" in I.D.).  Also, isn't there one of these that's supposed
to go on the hood latch mechanism under the pull rod slide that keeps the
slide at the correct height?  I would swear I've seen them on there before
on Tigers and Alpines but my car didn't have one and I can't find one in the
parts book.

Bottom line is that I am for sure in need of the one that goes on the prop
rod and, if there is supposed to be one on the hood latch mechanism, then I
need it as well.  As usual, I appreciate any assistance.

BTW...the engine & trans combo is finally going back in the car on Saturday.
Wish me good luck!!!!!

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffery Randall via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:19:48 -0500

Being too lazy to start a new thread, would any of you's guys know what the
cut off is for vinyl dash on early mk1s. I thought it was 331 but not sure.
Thanks
   Jeff

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Gary Winblad via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Gary via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:28:02 -0800

According to TBON, approximately
B9470400.
Gary

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Jeffery Randall <[email-masked]>
>    Jeff
>
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Gary Winblad via Tigers

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffery Randall via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:48:38 -0500

Thanks,
   Jeff

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Gary <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Being too lazy to start a new thread, would any of you's guys know what
> the cut off is for vinyl dash on early mk1s. I thought it was 331 but not
> sure. Thanks
>    Jeff
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Alex Haugland via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:21:08 -0800

My car (B9470334LRXFE) had an original wood dash when I got it.  The car 
was largely original with the original seats, etc.  It's possible a 
previous owner may have switched in the wood dash in place of a vinyl 
one, but, if so, I'd suspect that it wouldn't have made much sense to 
swap in the badly cracked and peeling original wood dash, so it would 
likely have either been pretty early in the car's history, or original 
to the car.

--Alex Haugland
B9470334LRXFE

On 1/25/2015 4:28 PM, Gary via Tigers wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:37:16 -0800

This would be a special pursuit to chase down.  It would be interesting to 
see the response from people in the B9470300 - B9470500 range.  I'd also be 
curious to know what prompted the change.  Was the wood dash intended from 
the start, but wasn't ready - and they went with vinyl??? When the wood 
dashes arrived did they dribble in??? And, were there still vinyl dashes 
left to use when they ran out of wood dashes???   All these scenarios could 
create a speckled application at the crossover period. But, still, it would 
be interesting to deduce. Chime in.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Alex Haugland via Tigers
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vinyl dash

--Alex Haugland
B9470334LRXFE

On 1/25/2015 4:28 PM, Gary via Tigers wrote:
>> the
>>> rod and, if there is supposed to be one on the hood latch mechanism, 
>>> then
> I

[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:33:55 +0000 (UTC)

Here are the probable answers:
http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/Galleries/Classfieds/Forum/GT_Tiger.pdf

-----Original Message----- 
From: Alex Haugland via Tigers
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vinyl dash

--Alex Haugland
B9470334LRXFE

[email-masked]