Subject: Re: [Tigers] Opinion

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 11:19:53 -0400

Mark
	Jim covered that very well.  Pictures, a work list and notes are an
excellent idea.

I would also include:

Front suspension and steering inspection

Rear suspension - check rear spring perches for any cracks in the body sheet
metal.

Inspect and bleed clutch slave cylinder.

Inspect ground cable from body to engine - look for frayed cable and poor
connection

Inspect speedo outer cable for wear

Inspect park brake system

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim
McLaughlin
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:56 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Opinion

Mark,

First I would plan my hour and have a list.  Always perform a visual
inspection since finding a surprise could change any of the best laid plans.
Bring help, at least one other person familiar with the car.

1.  During the visual consider taking pictures and notes while prioritizing
any leaks, 	damage or surprises.  If you have grease fittings, grease
them.  Have tools and 	supplies on list ready to go, but do not limit to
these, bring extra.
2.  Check the list regularly and cross off completed items.
3.  Driveshaft needs a good visual with hands on, is anything loose. 4.
Exhaust hangers and system any leaks or broken, these could be repaired
later. 5.  Interferences with shift linkage and other moving part
clearances. 6.  Change trans fluid, maybe the rear end although this can be
done later 7.  Check rear main and front seals 8.  Check brake lines and
wheel cylinders or calipers for rubbing and or leaks. 9.  Check frame for
rust starting (again) and/or damage clean out with a
vacuum 	places on the frame where road junk could accumulate and absorb
water and 	stay wet.
10. Clean the bottom of the car with a good cleaner and touch up spots with
paint, 	rust encap or undercoating, or whatever you use.
11. Go back and review list, pictures taken, and if needed plan next attack!
Feel free to add or subtract everyone...

Jim McLaughlin

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 9:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Opinion

Let's say you haven't done any serious maintenance on your car for  3-4
years other than changing fluids, checking tire pressure, etc.    You get a
chance to get your car on a lift for an hour.  What  would you spend your
time
doing under the car?  In other words what do you  think is often neglected
although fairly simple?
Mark
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]