Subject: [Tigers] FW: Drive Shaft

From: "Buck Trippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:52:15 -0700

The Tiger Drive Shaft  IS off center towards the passenger side at the
differential.

Tom Hall told me this was done so Rootes could use the same length axle on
both the right and left sides of the rear end.

As an unintended consequence, this gave Dan Walters more room to fit in his
torque arm along the driver's side of the drive shaft.

Bt

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sandy
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 7:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Drive Shaft

Question for some driveline folks -

I had been looking at pics of some tiger suspension from under the car (pics
on the web) and noticed that the drive shaft looks like it's not centered.
What I'm looking at is the tail shaft of the transmission centered in the
car but the offset to the rear pinion yolk looks like it's not a straight
shot back. Could the pic I saw just make it look that way?

Sandy
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Sandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 00:09:35 -0700

It figures they did it to save some $$$. I was looking at the pictures 
scratching my head and it just didn't look right. Any idea how  much the 
offset is?

Sandy
On 8/1/2014 7:52 PM, Buck Trippel wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]