Subject: [Tigers] OEM-Style Harmonic Balancer

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 16:07:01 +0000

Some time back someone asked about a good OEM-style harmonic balancer for a
breathed-on 260/289. The Aussie Powerbond brand by Dayco makes a street
balancer - PB1008-ST - that fits  the timing cover (some balancers interfere
with the casting), is good for 6500 RPM and is about $175. It is not SFI
approved, but they do offer one.

I made the mistake of using a new NAPA no-name brand one on a mild 289 and it
de-bonded, separated, fragmented and took out the timing  cover, fan, shroud
and Griffin radiator. That was after 8000 miles.  I've used Powerbond on
several mild street motors without issue since then.

http://www.daycoproducts.com/powerbond%E2%84%A2-by-dayco-street-performance-h
armonic-balancer

Found it at O'Reilly's.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PPI3/PB1008ST/02316.oap?year=1968&ma
ke=Ford&model=Mustang&vi=1132322&ck=Search_02316_1132322_-1&pt=02316&ppt=C033
2

They also make a good OEM-style for stock motors - PB1008N - that is only
about $75.
http://www.amazon.com/1963-1968-Powerbond-balancer-damper-PB1008N/dp/B001QL2A
SW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407509505&sr=8-2&keywords=pb1008n

Bugz
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]