Subject: [Tigers] Front coil spacers.

From: H B Elam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:32:54 -0400

When I dismantled B382002027 for strip & dip in 1983 I am sure there were
spacers (insulators) on both front suspensions between the upper end of the
coil springs and the cross member, as shown and described on pages MA & MA1 of
the Rootes part manual, publication No. 6600992. Later when working on
B382000471 I found no spacers. Since I had them, I put them in when the
suspension went back together. To my uncalibrated eye the front end looks to
ride higher than I like.  So recently when reviewing the parts list I noticed
this note for part number P.108521. "From B395000239 Std. and GT and
B382000542." Does this mean that some 1A Tigers before B38000542 did not have
the these (insulators) or am I just chasing my tail, again?

Thanks,
Harry Elam
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 16:34:23 -0400

Harry
	I believe all Tigers have the spacers; this is normal practice for
coil spring installation.  I think you will also find that a stock Tiger
will look high in the front; ground clearance and all that.

	When I installed my stock springs I used Mustang II spring
insulators.  They are about half the thickness of the stock Tiger one and a
bit softer.  I like the down in front look.

Mustang II insulators - D4AA-5415-A

Since Mustang II style suspension is big in the Hot Rod world, I should
think those insulators would be easy to find but I  don't know for sure.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of H B Elam
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Front coil spacers.

When I dismantled B382002027 for strip & dip in 1983 I am sure there were
spacers (insulators) on both front suspensions between the upper end of the
coil springs and the cross member, as shown and described on pages MA & MA1
of the Rootes part manual, publication No. 6600992. Later when working on
B382000471 I found no spacers. Since I had them, I put them in when the
suspension went back together. To my uncalibrated eye the front end looks to
ride higher than I like.  So recently when reviewing the parts list I
noticed this note for part number P.108521. "From B395000239 Std. and GT and
B382000542." Does this mean that some 1A Tigers before B38000542 did not
have the these (insulators) or am I just chasing my tail, again?

Thanks,
Harry Elam

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]