Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake upgrade

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 18:29:07 -0400

Front or rear?   Do you get brake fade?   Fluid boiling?  If not you may
just need good pads.  What's the reason for the upgrade?  It will help
determine options.

On Friday, August 1, 2014, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Tigers,
>
> I'm repainting my Mk1A.  While it's apart I'm planning a brake upgrade.  I
> understand that Dale's restoration has a brake kit.  I've also looked at
> the Wilwood kit option.  Does anyone have any experience with what they
> think is the best option.  My car has never had a brake booster.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tym McDowell
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Jim McLaughlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:10:56 -0500

Tym,
My Mk 1a has Wilwood front discs with stock drums in the rear.  It has a
dual reservoir with a Wilwood proportioning valve.  It is a manual system.
Still shaking it down, however the brakes work very well with a bias towards
the fronts, of course. The car has 13" wheels so it is fitted with the older
Dale's kit that has 10.5 inch rotors.  I am happy with it so far possibly
except the master, which seems weak to me; data for this is that I am on my
second one. I could use a recommendation on a better M/C.  They stop the car
very well though; it is not a racer but a street vehicle with original 260
(just under 300 hp), toploader and positrac rear.

Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 3:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] brake upgrade

Tigers,

I'm repainting my Mk1A.  While it's apart I'm planning a brake upgrade.  I
understand that Dale's restoration has a brake kit.  I've also looked at the
Wilwood kit option.  Does anyone have any experience with what they think is
the best option.  My car has never had a brake booster.

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 2012-12-11_15-44-47_799.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]