Subject: Re: [Tigers] Opinion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:54:32 -0400 (EDT)

I asked for opinions on what to do under the car if you  have an hour on a 
lift.  It  was a little misleading because I have a  lift and probably get 
under my car more than the average person.  I was  curious what others would 
do with the hour.  On my to do list is something  that I tend to forget 
about. When under the car it's easy to look for leaks or  pull a wheel to check 
brakes, etc
What I tend to forget is the electrical connections. How  many times has an 
owner written with a non-starting problem and it turns out to  be back 
connections.  I am as guilty as the next person. So, my next time  on the lift, 
in addition to checking the usual things I plan to disconnect the  battery, 
polish both battery connections, battery ground strap, ground strap  engine 
to chassis, alternator to solenoid, battery positive to solenoid,  solenoid 
to starter, etc.  Mark L
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]