Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door Hinges

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 11:02:36 -0700

Leave them on!!!!  Huge pain.  The hinges are set at the factory.  Also,
they were installed BEFORE the car was painted.  So when you disassemble
them, and primer/paint everything, you will be adding at least 8 layers of
primer/paint that WILL change the position of the doors.

Then when you go to put it all back together, what slight stumble and the
door taps the body and presto, you have chips all over your new paint - at
the fragile edges.

So leave it alone if you can!

Jay

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>  All When disassembling a Tiger for restoration would it be better to leave
> the door hinges on the door or body, would this help when putting things
> back
> together.                       My thinking is you only have to adjust one
> end
> of the hinges for door alignment, not both.Or does it matter at all because
> it&rsquo;s still going to be a pain to align the doors regardless of what
> you
> do.Also, any advice on best way to align doors?Thanks TimB9470149Balmoral
> Grey
> ____________________________________________________________
> The End of the &#34;Made-In-China&#34; Era
> The impossible &#40;but real&#41; technology that could make you impossibly
> rich.
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53b59827ef6e11827699cst03vuc
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]