Subject: [Tigers] Dana versus Salisbury, etc

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:31:58 -0700

When I put out the 'Salisbury' reference, it was as a result of having a copy
of an industrial ad advertising the choice of  their axles in the assembly of
the Sunbeam Tiger. I also have a similar ad from Hardy Spicer touting the use
of their propeller shafts in Tiger assembly, both at the time (50 years ago)
part of the Birfield Group in Birmingham. It makes sense that one or both
companies or the Birfield concern in total would be  absorbed by Dana in the
intervening time. The reference to the Dana 44 diff is not totally foreign to
me, as I've read references to it while owners have discussed repairing their
diffs or modifying them using local parts sources.

I recently found a
similar industrial ad from Pressed Steel mentioning that they were the source
for the body shell, paint, and trim for the Tiger.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]