Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark 2 Wheel Arch Trim

From: Chip Broadbooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:03:13 -0400

There was someone in the UK that was reproducing the egg crate grill and
the wheel arch trim. He was selling them on eBay.

Unfortunately, eBay has deleted the correspondence I had with him... :/
There's an original set on EBay from Canada that's going to go for over
$7,100.00. It begs the question: does anyone in the group know of a U.S.
based trim manufacturer that does small lot work?

We've reached beyond the point of reasonable pricing, especially for Mark 2
specific parts. it's time to  supply the demand for the couple hundred of
us who, frankly can't afford that kind of cost.

Tom
'67 Mark 2
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert D. Hogan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 09:48:39 -0400

Usually, in the automotive manufacturing supplier pool, you can find a
vendor willing to produce your part in prototype quantity.  Tooling cost to
form and roll the sheet metal trim piece(s) needed is usually the expensive
part.
The first step would be to create a detailed drawing which is derived from
a 3D CAD model of the part.
Are there many Tiger owners with access to the software that will create
the model and drawing?

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Tom Parker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Tom Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 09:36:23 -0700

At some point Rootes could afford the cost of the trim for the 531(?) Mark 
II Tigers without sending the cost of the car skyrocketing. I used the 
$8,425 (including shipping) cost of this single set and divided it by the 
531 production number. It came out to $15.86 per set of four. For half the 
Mark II's (265) it would be $31.72 and for a quarter of the Mark II's (133) 
it would be $63.44.

So, could these have been reproduced for $8,425?  I don't know, but if they 
could..., 133 Mark II owners paying $63.44 per set of four would have 
recouped the cost of a single set. Just something to think about.

Tom

-----Original Message----- 
From: Robert D. Hogan
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:48 AM
To: Tom Parker
Cc: LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark 2 Wheel Arch Trim

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:36:54 -0400

Tom,

Yeah, I'm thinking about it, and have been for a while. If I could build 20
sets for @ $10,000 my cost would be $500 each. (Picking numbers here, I
don't know what the manufacturing cost would be...) At that price you can
bet they'd sell for a hellova lot less than the $2,000 a wheel plus this
last batch sold for. And once the engineering cost is done....

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Tom Witt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So, could these have been reproduced for $8,425?  I don't know, but if
> they could..., 133 Mark II owners paying $63.44 per set of four would have
> -----Original Message----- From: Robert D. Hogan
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com

[email-masked]

---

From: "wseay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:27:39 -0400

While we're at it, let's not forget the rocker panel molding.  You need the 
rocker panel molding to complete the set.  Looks to me that the rocker 
molding is even harder to find than the wheel arch moldings.  The last 
rocker panel molding that I saw on ebay was when Tiger Tom divested himself 
of some MKII trim.  I believe that back then each piece sold for about $600, 
making a complete (6-piece) set go for about about $3,600.

Will Seay - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- 
From: Tom Parker
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 1:36 PM
To: Tom Witt
Cc: LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark 2 Wheel Arch Trim

Tom,

Tom
'67 Mark 2

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]