Subject: [Tigers] Pressed Steel and 'trim'

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 03:32:01 -0700

Hope is a wonderful thing, but I think my information given out about Pressed
Steel, and their ad touting what they supplied to Rootes for assembling the
Tiger might be misleading.

The ad showed a photo very popularly used, and
supplied by Rootes. It showed a Tiger Mark I (i.e. a model with no wheel
opening or rocker mouldings).

Many times, when a manufacturer or vendor talks
about 'trim' in the automotive industry, they're referring to upholstery,
things like inside door lining, rear wing interior lining, seating, and
instrument panel padding. We(Tiger owners) are instead looking for a viable
source to reproduce Mark II mouldings(in this case). I wonder if it would make
sense to find out who makes reproduction wheel opening and rocker panel
mouldings for popular American special interest cars, like GM A-body
(Chevelle-Cutlass- Skylark- LeMans/GTO and Ford US cars, and how many kits our
Tiger hobby is willing to commit to buying, and how much money are prospective
buyers longterm willing to pay. Right now, all we know is that a set recently 
gaveled away on eBay for $8000. Was that the result of two over eager bidders
in just one instance willing to break the bank to win and no future bidders
are going to place so high a value on these parts again. Or is this the new
norm for
 Mark II mouldings? And, should we involve people like Rick McLeod or Curt
from Classic Sunbeam to negotiate on our behalf?

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]