Subject: [Tigers] CT Tiger - past owner identified

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 04:20:21 -0700

Shelby-Powered Tiger Leads this Euro Rally Lineup | Petrolicious

Some of you
remembers this video from, maybe, two months ago. I found out tonight that the
Tiger is the same car that once belonged to a friend of mine and Al Johnsons
that I first saw and photographed 22 or more years ago, I just didn't
recognize it from the video. From Rhode Island, it was shipped to South Africa
to our friends brother, who apparently sold it to someone there, who brought
it with them when they moved to California, where upon they sold it on eBay to
the present owner in CT six years ago. Dr. Abrahams mentions that other than
the different motor, this car is original. You'll notice that the shifter is a
Hurst, and that most of the interior is black, but the carpeting is blue, both
items that the car exhibited when our friend owned it and I photographed it
years ago.
Rande Bellman

Shelby-Powered Tiger Leads this
Euro
Rally Lineup | Petr...
As a kid growing up near Detroit, Mr. Hans
Abrahams was
surrounded by American muscle cars. His father, however, hailed
from Britain
and introduced young Hans ...  
View on Petrolicious - Classic car videos and
photo essays. Drive tastefully.

Petrolicious - Classic car
videos and photo essays. Driv...
Petrolicious - Sharing the passion for
vintage cars, classic cars, and other interesting machines.  
View on
www.petrolicious.com Preview by Yahoo
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Al <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 09:28:22 -0400

Way back when, that same car had 2 4-barrel Carters that looked and ran
sweeeeeet!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2014, at 7:20 AM, snakebit289 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 22:01:57 -0400 (EDT)

Most of the dealers had their inventory financed.  My wife  worked at a 
bank and  handled this financing for a few of the dealers of  foreign 
cars.....MG's, Austins, etc.  When the new American cars came out,  the foreign car 
dealers changed the model year of all their cars in inventory(  to the next 
model year). The bank changed it's paperwork to coincide with that  change. 
 My 65 produced car is also titled as a 1966.
Mark L

In a message dated 7/26/2014 7:28:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Jerry,  it seems to have been pretty common practice back in the 60's to 
register the  car year as the year it was sold. I bought my Mark IA new from a 
dealer in  October 1967 and it was registered as a 1967 model. I have heard 
similar  stories from other Tiger owners over the years. 

Gene 

-----  Original Message -----

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson"  <[email-masked]> 
To: "snakebit289"  <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
Sent: Saturday, July  26, 2014 3:26:45 PM 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] CT Tiger - past owner identified  

I noticed that this particular Tiger was built on the same date as  mine 
(April 1,1965), however it was registered as a 1966 model, where mine  is 
1965, can someone enlighten me? 

Jerry Christopherson  
9473187 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Tigers  [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
snakebit289 
Sent:  Saturday, July 26, 2014 6:20 AM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject:  [Tigers] CT Tiger - past owner identified 

Some of you 
remembers this  video from, maybe, two months ago. I found out tonight that 
the Tiger is  the same car that once belonged to a friend of mine and Al 
Johnsons that I  first saw and photographed 22 or more years ago, I just 
didn't recognize  it from the video. From Rhode Island, it was shipped to 
South Africa to  our friends brother, who apparently sold it to someone 
there, who brought  it with them when they moved to California, where upon 
they sold it on  eBay to the present owner in CT six years ago. Dr. 
Abrahams 
mentions that  other than the different motor, this car is original. You'll 
notice that  the shifter is a Hurst, and that most of the interior is 
black, 
but the  carpeting is blue, both items that the car exhibited when our 
friend 
owned  it and I photographed it years ago. 
Rande Bellman  

Shelby-Powered Tiger Leads this 
Euro 
Rally Lineup |  Petr... 
As a kid growing up near Detroit, Mr. Hans Abrahams was surrounded  by 
American muscle cars. His father, however, hailed from Britain and  
introduced young Hans ... 
View on Petrolicious - Classic car videos  and photo essays. Drive 
tastefully. 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums 
Unsubscribe:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]  
_______________________________________________  

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums 
Unsubscribe:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]