Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket plate

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 10:12:33 -0400

I originally had the throttle bracket mount to the intake manifold.
The throttle cable broke at the Big Sky Suni; I always carry a spare.  I
believe the problem is the amount of bend and bind in the cable that causes
fatigue and breakage.

    When I return home after Big Sky I placed a .200" thick washer under the
throttle bracket to reduce the bind in the cable.  Possibly a .250" thick
washer would be even better for the cable alignment.  My Tiger has been
running with the .200" spacer since 1999 with no throttle cable issues.

    Gene Padgett brought up a discussion about a triangular shaped plate
that mounts to the 2 bossed on the intake manifold for the throttle bracket.
This was a new part to me and we still do not know who manufactured this
part.

  I made and installed this triangular shaped plate that Gene first brought
to my attention.  This plate near perfectly lines up the throttle cable to
the carb.  I did tweak the throttle bracket just a bit.

    One of the holes in the plate is countersunk for a stud to mount the
throttle bracket and there is a slot for one of the manifold bosses.  My
guess is the slot is for universal fit to other manifolds.  I think I will
make another plate without the slot and look for a press in stud or weld a
stud to the plate.

    I have asked Gene to post the picture and drawing he sent to me since he
is the originator of this thread and the owner of the part.

Thank you Gene for sharing

Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]