Subject: [Tigers] Stock drum replacement advice

From: Bill Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:44:49 +0000 FILETIME=[B43CBEF0:01CF9625]

Greetings Tiger Enthusiasts,
I noticed the driver's side rear cast iron drum is starting to look a little
frazzled on my stock  65 Tiger.   I  started a search for a replacement set
and am striking out locally.  I see there are references to Girling 9" X 1.7"
shoes and have researched other vehicles in hopes of finding a cross reference
part number for a new set.
I see from the archives of various list messages, TU Tech Tips and google
searches  TR6 and some mid 70s Volvo may have a similar sized Girling system.
I called St. Georges Ltd and they show an Alpine application but no Tiger.  SS
catalog is not listing the part.  Victoria British no application, Moss Motors
has a 9" drum, Pegasus no application, Summit Racing no application. NAPA
nada. Doug Jennings no known number.  Left a message for Dale A ,  and
understand he may have joined many of the list members in celebrating 50 years
of  the Tiger in Colorado.
Does anyone have a stock drum replacement Part Number for Beck Arnley, a
LucasGirling or any other source?  Could the rear brake drums possibly be
sourced from the Ford (Mustang, Fairlane, Falcon) side?   Does anyone know if
Doug Jennings is still in the Tiger world?  I tried  2 phone numbers for him
but no luck.
I noticed a casting number on the drum itself and conducted an internet search
on it, but to no avail.  I can provide that detail later if it would be
helpful.
 Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
SincerelyBill LawrenceB9473246LRX
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]