Subject: [Tigers] The Sports and Exotic Car recent article

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:27:03 -0700

I, too, noticed that the Santa Maria Tiger is not 100 percent original or a 100 point example, but it seems to be a 12 month a year daily driver, and I'm fine with the car that the magazine chose. I'm always interested to hear from longtime Tiger owners, and remember that this was the second full Tiger IA evaluation from the magazine in seven months. Remember the Andy Rooney Tiger restoration article.

If I have any concerns about the article, it's the comment about Tigers being built with "heavier gauge steel" than Alpines. Anyone read that before, anywhere? Also, the comment about the Dana diff. The axle assembly was sourced from the UK firm, Salisbury. Did Salisbury themselves source just the diff from Dana, or does it just have some common parts? I don't ask these things rhetorically, I'd like to know.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:03:50 -0400

Rande
	I don't know the full answer but the Parts List Pub #6601131 lists
many Dana part numbers in the rear axle.
Somehow Salibury and Dana have or had a business relationship.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of snakebit289
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] The Sports and Exotic Car recent article

I, too, noticed that the Santa Maria Tiger is not 100 percent original or a
100 point example, but it seems to be a 12 month a year daily driver, and
I'm fine with the car that the magazine chose. I'm always interested to hear
from longtime Tiger owners, and remember that this was the second full Tiger
IA evaluation from the magazine in seven months. Remember the Andy Rooney
Tiger restoration article.

If I have any concerns about the article, it's the comment about Tigers
being built with "heavier gauge steel" than Alpines. Anyone read that
before, anywhere? Also, the comment about the Dana diff. The axle assembly
was sourced from the UK firm, Salisbury. Did Salisbury themselves source
just the diff from Dana, or does it just have some common parts? I don't ask
these things rhetorically, I'd like to know.

Rande Bellman

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7904 - Release Date: 07/23/14
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]