Subject: [Tigers] Mark II Trim

From: "Bulpitt, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:10:43 +0000

Yes, it is amazing the prices these have gotten to.  I have a Mark II that has
three excellent pieces and one bad one (RF) that I have had three people try
to fix and am still not happy with.  I would gladly pay $500+ for one but not
$2000.  There is a lot of crazy money around these days, such as $1.2 MM for a
911 (Steve McQueen).  Wait till you see what his Ferrari sells for next
month...

Bill Bulpitt

Bill Bulpitt
William S. Bulpitt, P.E.
Principal Mechanical Engineer
URS Corporation
1000 Abernathy Road, NE, Suite 900
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 678-808-8827
Cell: 404-387-6982, 770-329-5263

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential
information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message
in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute,
disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and
any attachments or copies.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tod Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 18:58:57 -0400

Hi All:

I don't know if it is possible, but it seems to me that, given the recent advances in 3-D printing, it might be possible to reproduce the moldings in plastic and have them silver coated. I think a lot of auto moldings are done this way nowadays. The advantage would, hopefully, be the lowered cost. If done well enough, only someone with a sharp eye would know. If the price turns out low enough, it would be a wise move on the part of every MkII owner to buy a set as a backup, or even as the primary set so as to preserve the original. I have a friend with a MkII who needs one piece of side trim who would be very pleased with such a solution. Just a thought for discussion.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:49:01 -0400

I believe some of the 3-D printers work with sintered metal however
I have no idea if that is a good option for this trim part.  The next
problem is someone having a 3-D printer large enough for the parts.

Some of the Colleges, Trade schools and Universities should be offering
courses in 3-D printers but I have not investigated to know if they do.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tod Brown
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark II Trim

Hi All:

I don't know if it is possible, but it seems to me that, given the recent
advances in 3-D printing, it might be possible to reproduce the moldings in
plastic and have them silver coated. I think a lot of auto moldings are done
this way nowadays. The advantage would, hopefully, be the lowered cost. If
done well enough, only someone with a sharp eye would know. If the price
turns out low enough, it would be a wise move on the part of every MkII
owner to buy a set as a backup, or even as the primary set so as to preserve
the original. I have a friend with a MkII who needs one piece of side trim
who would be very pleased with such a solution. Just a thought for
discussion.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7817 - Release Date: 07/08/14
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]