Subject: [Tigers] brake light switch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:21:34 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers  [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf  Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 4:42 PM
To:  [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Brake lights

My brake  lights come on again when I start the car and I am not touching 
the
brake.  Previous list advice was to clean and use dielectric grease on  all
connections including ignition switch and lights. Still have the  problem.
Question, I couldn't locate the brake light swith but could that be  the
problem? Advice to where it is located and any other thoughts  appreciated.
-----------------------------

Hello,
 
Trying to figure out why I was going through some number of  brake light 
switches, I called Rick (SS) to order yet another one. I asked him  if it 
seemed unusual and he asked me what kind of brake fluid I used. I told him  
silicon. He said he sells a lot of switches to people using silicon. I purged,  
went back to LMA and haven't used another switch since......

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 
382002083
LRXFE
TAC  0763
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "wseay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:26:21 -0400

The brake light switch is located in the center of the 4-way hydraulic 
connector.  The connector mounts forward on the right side of the engine 
compartment.

Advise to clean connections and coat with silicon grease is good advise in 
general but that will only make bad connections good.  If your lights come 
ON when they shouldn't it's NOT because of a bad connection.  I know that 
the stock hydraulically-actuated switch has problems when operating on 
synthetic brake fluid, but to my knowledge, the failure mode is for brake 
lights to not work, not to come on when they shouldn't.  Let's just hope 
your switch is just worn out.  Rick should be able to fix you up with a new 
one.

Good luck..

Will Seay - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] brake light switch

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

silicon. He said he sells a lot of switches to people using silicon. I 
purged,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A
382002083
LRXFE
TAC  0763

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]