Subject: [Tigers] Found the pressures

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:04:15 -0700

In the Workshop Manual - on my dad's site.  Should have known.

It appears to say 26 psi all the way around for up to 110 mph, and 32 psi all
the way around for over 110 mph.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 18:16:59 -0400

That was for bias ply tires in the late 60's. Ron's right (imho), look at
the tire and adjust the pressure accordingly.

And Tire Rack is probably close to being right for modern radial tires. @
35 psi, I think, may be close.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Jay Laifman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 18:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

Lots of variables in determining optimal pressures f/r. If you want
best performance, drive the car on a skidpad with sidewalls chalked (to
determine rollover) and take temps with a pyrometer immediately. You
are looking for as close to uniform temps as possible across the tread
and roll over just past the edge of the sidewall. Of course, front
alignment is going to factor into this testing, as well.
Ball park for a 2500lb car on normal tire fitment (which seems to be
too much section width for given rim width in the Tiger community) and
any of the modern performance tires is likely to be low 30's, with the
fronts a couple of psi higher. The recommendations by Tire Rack tend to
be biased towards new OEM fitments, which are quite often for lower
rolling resistance type tires with much higher pressure requirements..

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
To: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] Den <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Jun 28, 2014 3:17 pm
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Found the pressures

That was for bias ply tires in the late 60's. Ron's right (imho), look
at
the tire and adjust the pressure accordingly.

And Tire Rack is probably close to being right for modern radial tires.
@
35 psi, I think, may be close.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> It appears to say 26 psi all the way around for up to 110 mph, and 32
psi
> all

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]