Subject: [Tigers] Vintage Racing

From: "Curt Bowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:56:10 -0500

Hello Listers.

I wanted to share some recent activity of some of the folks who are involved
in Vintage Racing. Having raced in vintage for 30 years and retiring in 2009 I
still subscribe to several monthly publications. You never get it out of your
blood so each month I scan the most recent race results looking for Sunbeam
participation. I also attempt to maintain a list of Vintage racing Tigers and
Alpines. If you would like a copy contact me off list and I will be happy to
send a copy.

I just got my June issue of Victory Lane , probably the preeminent magazine
covering U.S. Vintage race results. Several Sunbeams participated in events
around the country.

In April at the HSR "Mitty" (AKA Walter Mitty) held at Road Atlanta, John
Sybrandt drove his 66 Tiger to a 4th place in class VP1. This is one of the
larger events in the country. At the VARA High Desert Challenge, held in early
April at Willow Springs International Raceway in California, Don Saueressig
scored an impressive 1st in class BP driving his 66 Tiger, with a lap time of
1:43.057 on one of the (not identified) 4 possible tracks.

VSCCA held a driver's school at Pocono International Raceway the second
weekend in April. The school also featured a practice race after class
instruction and on track driver observation. Those driving Sunbeams were Dan
Gardner in a very attractive Alpine and getting his license was Rick McCurdy,
congratulations.

These and a handful of others continue to carry the torch in Vintage Racing
for the Sunbeam marque.

Regards,

Curt Bowland
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]