Subject: Re: [Tigers] Petrolicious Tiger Video

From: "Tom Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:49:10 -0700

Thanks Jay. I really enjoyed the video. Then again there was the parts about 
the sledge hammer to fit the engine, the "door" (not rubber plug) to change 
the spark plugs and the ceasing of production because the "Hemi" V-8 (not 
the 273/318) wouldn't fit. Hummm..., I wonder if he owns a copy of TBON?  I 
also enjoyed the Volvo 123 GT.  My Volvo 544 was a great car. Wish I still 
had it.  - Tom

http://www.petrolicious.com/shelby-powered-tiger-leads-this-euro-rally-lineup

Enjoy!

Jay 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:57:23 -0700

First saw the link yesterday on the FB Sunbeam Tiger group page. Just like
Tom, the Tiger and the Volvo 123 GT interested me. Tiger for obvious reasons,
and the 123 because during the early 1980's, I restored about 5 122's here in
Boston, as well as my first couple of years in Portland. As Tom said, the
urban legend of the Tiger assembler whacking the firewall, and a new one-
Chrysler thinking about using a Hemi for Tigers- makes me wonder if neophytes
still get their Tiger history from Wikipedia, but the road test footage was
fun to see and hear.

Rande Bellman

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:56 AM, Tom
Witt <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks Jay. I really enjoyed the
video. Then again there was the parts about 
the sledge hammer to fit the
engine, the "door" (not rubber plug) to change 
the spark plugs and the
ceasing of production because the "Hemi" V-8 (not 
the 273/318) wouldn't fit.
Hummm..., I wonder if he owns a copy of TBON?  I 
also enjoyed the Volvo 123
GT.  My Volvo 544 was a great car. Wish I still 
had it.  - Tom
http://www.petrolicious.com/shelby-powered-tiger-leads-this-euro-rally-lineup
Enjoy!

Jay 

Archive:
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "robertdhogan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:17:49 -0400

The video's statement about not being able to replace the rear spark plug
without accessing it through the firewall isn't entirely true.  

On many occasions, I've used a spark plug socket with the 5/8ths or 11/16th
end nut and the accompanying open end or 12 point end wrench to loosen the
plug, remove the socket and hand remove the plug from the head without going
through the firewall.  The procedure was cramped but hardly impossible.

Rob  

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 09:45:08 -0700

I don't know my Volvos, beyond the 1800E, S and ES - and the 850 that we
had.

What's the difference between a 122 and 123?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:57 AM, snakebit289 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:
> http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]