Subject: [Tigers] Stock oil filter set-up gaskets

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:15:12 -0500

Hey, guys:

Okay.I'm down to assembling my stock oil filter set-up on my fresh 260.
Having never had one of these remote filters on a Tiger before, I'm a little
confused on how to properly assemble the bits and pieces.  I first want to
start with installing the block adapter.  I got my new gaskets today from
Rick and Sunbeam Specialties, but after looking at the sealing surface of
the adapter where it goes against the block, it looks like it's grooved for
o-rings.  Should I be using o-rings or the gasket I got from SS?  If I use
the gasket, should it go on dry or should I be using sealer to ensure a
leak-free fitting?  Same question goes for the gasket on the center
hold-down nut; assemble it dry or use sealer?  

Thanks for any and all advice,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK  

B382001600LRXFE

TAC #740
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:58:00 -0400

Andy
	Adaptor at the block has a flat gasket.  I believe I only used a
little oil on all the gaskets - no sealer.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andy Walker
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Stock oil filter set-up gaskets

Hey, guys:

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

B382001600LRXFE

TAC #740

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]