Subject: [Tigers] Manifold vacuum fitting to brake servo

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 17:07:18 -0400

Hey, guys:

Well, I'm officially between a rock and a hard place.  As you may remember, I'm doing a full mechanical restoration of my Tiger back to stock specs and I seem to be missing one crucial part that I need to complete the engine portion of the job.  I am missing the entire banjo fitting (top and bottom pieces) that screws to the back of the stock intake manifold that provides vacuum to the brake servo.  Since my car came to me with a high-rise intake, I've never had the correct fitting.  Now, of course, in order to put it back stock I am in need of one.  I realize that a lot of Tiger owners out there have swapped their original 2 bbl intakes for 4 bbl high-rises; would any of you guys have one of these fittings that you would be willing to part with?  I would really appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide.

Thanks a million,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:23:40 -0500

Jerry:

The nipple end of the fitting is the banjo part of the fitting.  The entire
fitting has actually got five pieces to it; the lower part that screws into
manifold, the banjo part with the hose nipple, two washers, and one bolt
that screws down through the banjo.  If I could attach a picture of the
fitting on list, I could show you what it looks like.  If anyone would like
a picture of it, let me know.  

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Mo Christopherson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 4:49 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Manifold vacuum fitting to brake servo

Andy
I'm not so sure that the fitting that goes to the manifold is a banjo
fitting.  The fitting on the brake servo unit had one (English), but the
other end goes into a American part ( Ford manifold), I don't recall any
banjo fittings on any manifold.  Just a hose nipple.

Can anyone out there correct me???

Jerry Christopherson
9473187

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Manifold vacuum fitting to brake servo

Hey, guys:

Well, I'm officially between a rock and a hard place.  As you may remember,
I'm doing a full mechanical restoration of my Tiger back to stock specs and
I seem to be missing one crucial part that I need to complete the engine
portion of the job.  I am missing the entire banjo fitting (top and bottom
pieces) that screws to the back of the stock intake manifold that provides
vacuum to the brake servo.  Since my car came to me with a high-rise intake,
I've never had the correct fitting.  Now, of course, in order to put it back
stock I am in need of one.  I realize that a lot of Tiger owners out there
have swapped their original 2 bbl intakes for 4 bbl high-rises; would any of
you guys have one of these fittings that you would be willing to part with?
I would really appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide.

Thanks a million,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]