Subject: [Tigers] Stock oil filter basket

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:27:57 -0400

Guys:

First, thanks for all the responses on my question concerning colors of the
filter and block adapters on the remote oil filter set-up; I really appreciate
the help/advice.

Now, however, I've come up with another question about the oil filter basket
itself.  I didn't really realize this until I put the basket into the bead
blaster this weekend to prep it for paint, but the little "foot" (for lack of
a better term) that hangs down under the basket appears to be bent outward and
down.  At first, I figured that someone had bent the basket accidentally and,
with that in mind, I was going to see what I could do to straighten it out
again.  However, I luckily had the presence of mind to put an FL-1A filter in
the basket and promptly found out that the foot that appeared to be bent was
actually in the perfect position to follow the form of the top of the filter
for maximun support as it sits in the basket.  So, before I made a mistake and
straightened out something that was not mis-shapen in the first place, I
started researching the filter baskets.  So far, I have seen pictures of the
baskets with the bent foot like mine, as well as with the foot hanging
straight down and pointing inward at a right angle.  So...my question is which
way is correct?  I obviously don't want to finish the piece the way it is only
to find out later that the foot was supposed to be straight, and I REALLY
don't want to straighten an original piece that was correct to begin with.
Can anybody shed some light on this for me before I screw something up??

Thanks much,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]