Subject: [Tigers] Tire pressure

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:48:31 -0700

I've been searching archives and the internet for something on tire pressure.
All I came up with was this cool repop of an old R&T article:
http://www.classictiger.com/magazines/rnt1164.html

It says 31 all around.  My SV Owners Handbook says 24 all around, except high
speed, then 26 in the rears.

I can't seem to find a TIger Owners Handbook in my dad's stuff.  Was there
one?  I have to assume there was.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:28:12 -0400

Jay
	First you should look for the max tire pressure on the tire side
wall.  My tires say 35 psi - I run them at 33 psi.
Some tires have 44 psi max.  I believe Tire Rack states that anything under
36 psi is under inflated.  I have also seen 51 psi max and I have no idea
what to set them at - I have not found any information about them.

Second consideration is ride quality.   More psi can = a harsher ride so you
adjust accordingly.

Remember any specs on Tiger tire pressures are probably for bias ply tires
and out dated.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:49 AM
To: [email-masked] Den
Subject: [Tigers] Tire pressure

I've been searching archives and the internet for something on tire
pressure. All I came up with was this cool repop of an old R&T article:
http://www.classictiger.com/magazines/rnt1164.html

It says 31 all around.  My SV Owners Handbook says 24 all around, except
high speed, then 26 in the rears.

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:18:06 -0700

Thanks guys.

I was thinking that the relative front/rear pressures were what I wanted to
see.  It is interesting, and makes sense, that the factory says to have the
same pressure all around.  Most road cars have lower pressure in the front.
This causes understeer, which is considered safer for the common driver.  Of
course with the way the Tiger is built, it has plenty of understeer.

I will probably do 32 or 33 and see how I like it.  Maybe I'll even try some
slightly lower pressure in the rear.  We did that when we were autoxing the
S2000 last week.  Lots of fun that was!

Jay

On Jun 28, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Ron Fraser wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:

[email-masked]