Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 17:20:44 +0000 (UTC)

Not on my Mark I B9470622
Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:00:22 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

Question:
 
Do other Tiger owners have this plate under the throttle bracket?
 
Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:21:16 -0400

Every time I've put a different carb on my 260 I've had to fabricate a 
new throttle bracket.  Possibly a mod to accommodate a non-stock carb.

Chris
B382000331

[email-masked]

---

From: "wseay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:34:00 -0400

B382001570 didn't come with one of these plates.  I also have a copy of the 
installation instructions for the F4B factory high rise option.  With regard 
to the throttle linkage bracket it says "Throttle linkage, bracket and 
return spring are installed in regular stock position.  Make sure cable type 
throttle lines up correctly and you obtain full throttle with no binding, 
etc.".  The instructions are careful to detail any adapters, etc. that are 
supplied for the installation.  It's pretty clear to me that this plate 
didn't come as part of a factory high rise kit either.

Will Seay - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- 
From:  Ron Fraser
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

    Before we were rudely interrupted last month, I was involved in a
discussion about a triangle shaped plate that mounts to the stock intake
manifold and should help with the alignment of the throttle cable to the
carb.

    Gene Padgett first described this part.  It is not listed in the Parts
List.   It is a stamped part made from 1/8" steel plate with 2 holes and a
slot to adjust the position of the throttle cable bracket.   I therefore
believe it is an official Rootes part.

Question:

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:28:04 -0400

I tried what Will suggested years ago, and the throttle cable bracket
didn't line up with the throttle; it was off towards the center of the
engine by about an inch with the pin in the throttle cable pointing
outboard.. even more with it pointed in. This was with a Holly 6150 on an
Edelbrock manifold, but I checked the location on the original 2BBL
manifold, the mounts are in the same location and the 2BBL carb is the same
width as the 4BBl. (and the P/O had discarded the throttle cable and
bracket in favor of a piece of coat hanger so the original parts were long
gone.) So I fabricated a mount off the carb rear bolt for the replacement
throttle cable as a temporary fix until I could locate a bracket.

I'm inclined to think the bracket was included on the original manifold (as
one part number) as was previously suggested.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:34 AM, wseay <[email-masked]> wrote:

> B382001570 didn't come with one of these plates.  I also have a copy of
> the installation instructions for the F4B factory high rise option.  With
> regard to the throttle linkage bracket it says "Throttle linkage, bracket
> and return spring are installed in regular stock position.  Make sure cable
> type throttle lines up correctly and you obtain full throttle with no
> binding, etc.".  The instructions are careful to detail any adapters, etc.
> that are supplied for the installation.  It's pretty clear to me that this
> plate didn't come as part of a factory high rise kit either.
>
>
> -----Original Message----- From:  Ron Fraser
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/wseay@
> embarqmail.com
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com

[email-masked]