Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:00:22 -0400

Before we were rudely interrupted last month, I was involved in a
discussion about a triangle shaped plate that mounts to the stock intake
manifold and should help with the alignment of the throttle cable to the
carb.
 
    Gene Padgett first described this part.  It is not listed in the Parts
List.   It is a stamped part made from 1/8" steel plate with 2 holes and a
slot to adjust the position of the throttle cable bracket.   I therefore
believe it is an official Rootes part.
 
Question:
 
Do other Tiger owners have this plate under the throttle bracket?
 
Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:21:32 -0400

Chris
	It is possible this plate was included with the LAT manifolds - I
don't know.  The plate is stamped which takes a good size press so it is a
manufactured part not a 1 off mod.  I'm seeking input from other Tiger
owners about this plate to see if other have it on their engine.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Thompson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:21 PM
To: Gary Winblad; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

Every time I've put a different carb on my 260 I've had to fabricate a 
new throttle bracket.  Possibly a mod to accommodate a non-stock carb.

Chris
B382000331

On 6/29/2014 1:20 PM, Gary Winblad wrote:
> Not on my Mark I B9470622
> Gary
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:00:22 -0000 (UTC)
> Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket
>
> Question:
>   

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3986/7753 - Release Date: 06/27/14
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: ironbeast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 05:43:14 -0400

Ron,
My stock mk1a 2bbl did not have one.B 

Paul.B 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]> 
Date:06/29/2014  9:21 PM  (GMT-05:00) 
To: [email-masked],[email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket 

Chris
It is possible this plate was included with the LAT manifolds - I
don't know.B  The plate is stamped which takes a good size press so it is a
manufactured part not a 1 off mod.B  I'm seeking input from other Tiger
owners about this plate to see if other have it on their engine.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Thompson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:21 PM
To: Gary Winblad; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

Every time I've put a different carb on my 260 I've had to fabricate a 
new throttle bracket.B  Possibly a mod to accommodate a non-stock carb.

Chris
B382000331

On 6/29/2014 1:20 PM, Gary Winblad wrote:
>B B  
>B B  

-----

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:28:06 -0400

Tom
    1st     this is an investigation about a triangular shaped plate under
the original throttle bracket
    2nd    all theories are accepted

In theory this plate should help align the stock throttle bracket and cable
to the carb.   I have not gotten that far in my investigation.

    From my point of view, if the plate was included on the original
manifold that would seem to indicate it is a Ford part.   A standard Ford
part like this would probably have a Ford logo stamped into it, it does not.
If it is a Tiger unique part then probably not.

    The only things we know for sure about this plate is that it was stamped
from 1/8" steel plate.   It has 2 holes that will mount to the 2 bosses on
the original intake manifold and there is a slot to adjust the mounting
position of the original throttle bracket.   There is no listing for this
part in the Parts List.

So far Gene seems to be the only person who has this part.

The investigation continues.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Parker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 5:28 PM
To: wseay
Cc: Ron Fraser; LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

I tried what Will suggested years ago, and the throttle cable bracket didn't
line up with the throttle; it was off towards the center of the engine by
about an inch with the pin in the throttle cable pointing outboard.. even
more with it pointed in. This was with a Holly 6150 on an Edelbrock
manifold, but I checked the location on the original 2BBL manifold, the
mounts are in the same location and the 2BBL carb is the same width as the
4BBl. (and the P/O had discarded the throttle cable and bracket in favor of
a piece of coat hanger so the original parts were long gone.) So I
fabricated a mount off the carb rear bolt for the replacement throttle cable
as a temporary fix until I could locate a bracket.

I'm inclined to think the bracket was included on the original manifold (as
one part number) as was previously suggested.

Tom

'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:34 AM, wseay <[email-masked]> wrote:

B382001570 didn't come with one of these plates.  I also have a copy of the
installation instructions for the F4B factory high rise option.  With regard
to the throttle linkage bracket it says "Throttle linkage, bracket and
return spring are installed in regular stock position.  Make sure cable type
throttle lines up correctly and you obtain full throttle with no binding,
etc.".  The instructions are careful to detail any adapters, etc. that are
supplied for the installation.  It's pretty clear to me that this plate
didn't come as part of a factory high rise kit either.

Will Seay - [email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)
-----Original Message----- From:  Ron Fraser
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

Question:

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]