Subject: [Tigers] Vintage Racing

From: "Curt Bowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:58:34 -0500

Hello Listers,

For those of you who like to see Tigers in "anger" the following may be of
interest.

Tigers attending and competing in HMSA's LSR invitational, June 3-4 at Laguna
Seca, gave good representation for the Tiger community.

Dave Stone with the black Spencer Tiger, number 55, Tom Saki, number 65 with
his yellow 66 Tiger, Buck Trippel with John Morton driving his white with blue
stripe Tiger number 74, and Dale Akuszewski in his red number 55.

There are some great photos by Dennis Gray, of all of these guys, located on
Jamie Doyle's excellent publication, Sports Car Digest web site.
www.sportscardigest.com<http://www.sportscardigest.com/> . Sorry, unable to
find results at this time.

If you have trouble with the link contact me off line and I will send it to
you. Some great screen savers for sure.

Nice to see such a great turn out.

Cheers

Curt Bowland in Chicago
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Buck Trippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:05:41 -0700

I sort of remember the results. There were 3 races.

Craig Jackson's (Barret Jackson) Trans Am Javelin won the first with John
second. Tom Sakai was about 4th. I think Dale and Dave might have missed
that race, Dale had a leaking front seal and Dave had a  wiring problem. 

John won the second, again with Tom about in 4th. Dale was a few spots back,
having started at the rear of the grid.

The final (trophy) race was also won by a Tiger. It was wild! Lead changes
every lap with 3 different leaders on the final lap before Tom  took the
checkered!

Both John's & Dale's Tigers withdrew with engine problems. A valve keeper
broke on the SCF Tiger while Dale spun a bearing.

Buck

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Curt
Bowland
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:59 PM
To: tigers
Subject: [Tigers] Vintage Racing

Hello Listers,

Tigers attending and competing in HMSA's LSR invitational, June 3-4 at
Laguna Seca, gave good representation for the Tiger community.

Dave Stone with the black Spencer Tiger, number 55, Tom Saki, number 65 with
his yellow 66 Tiger, Buck Trippel with John Morton driving his white with
blue stripe Tiger number 74, and Dale Akuszewski in his red number 55.

Cheers

Curt Bowland in Chicago

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]