Subject: [Tigers] throttle cable bracket spacer

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 07:37:11 -0400

Now that the List is getting better after the Hacker attack, I'm re-sending
this message.

To All

Gene, Andy and I have been discussing this triangle shaped mount for the
throttle bracket to the engine on the intake manifold. The part is stamping
so it is a production part.

To me this looks like a good idea to help better align the throttle bracket
and cable to the carb. I'll have to make one and find out.

<http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/5-DF-CarbContr
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/5-DF-CarbContro
ls.pdf

Part # 61 throttle bracket - LHD

The triangle part mounts under this with 2 bolts and there is a slot to
accommodate some adjustment.

Part # 16 mounting bracket - RHD

This part looks like it could have been the starting point for the part Gene
describes.

Questions:

1 Anyone else have a triangular shaped spacer under their throttle cable
bracket?

2 Anyone recognize this spacer from another application?

3 Anyone have a picture of the RHD bracket?

Thank for your help

Ron Fraser

You have not asked, but wanted to be sure you were aware that it attaches to
a triangle shaped plate that attaches to two holes in the intake manifold.
It is a pretty simple piece made out of 1/8 inch steel, with one of the
three holes countersunk, the other two just straight through. I made one for
my new motor using the original as a pattern. If you want more info, or a
tracing mailed, just let me know. Apologies if you already have that
covered, just trying to be as helpful as possible.

Gene
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]