Subject: [Tigers] Original Tiger Engine Study

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:12:20 -0500

To All

    My annual request for engine information.  I'm looking at Original Tiger
engines from a Ford casting and date code point of view.  My goal is to add
to Tiger knowledge.  So if you have an original Tiger engine or if you know
anyone who does; contact me.   I have a study sheet that I will send you.

I'm looking for more information on all the Tiger Engine Groups.

    I have no information for the 1st group of engines - T15KL - possibly
only 9 were made.   I believe these engines were only used in the AF Tigers
and some of them were changed by Rootes to 289 engines; I'm interested in
those 289 engines too.   My hope is there is still one T15KL engine still
around somewhere.

    I have little information on these engine groups: E7KL, G13KL, L2KA,
K22KA, T12KA, S6KA and the March build of the B19KC - approximately B19KC
5570 - 6000.
It would be nice to determine engine tag numbers for the March and Oct build
of the B19KC engine group.

    Somewhere between the F21KA and B19KC engine groups; Ford cast a special
260 specification intake manifold for the Tiger - C5OE-9425D.  The only
casting date I have for this manifold is 5A28 = Jan 28,1965.   I do list one
on the 26th but I believe that is a misread which is very easy to do with
any of these numbers.

    I just received a 260 block casting date of 5J29 - Sept 29, 1965.  A bit
of a surprise because I thought the last 260 block castings were in July
1965.

The search for knowledge continues
Thanks
Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]