Subject: Re: [Tigers] cheetah

From: Alexander Washick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 22:53:22 -0500

Yup !   There was one  racing at the Bridgehamton Raceway on eastern Long
Island in the mid 60's. The track was one of the main stops on the circuit
in those days but in the 70's the "Hamptons" was the place to be so all the
well to do people built in the beautiful hills around the track and then
complained about the noise on there summer weekends and got it shut down.
The same old story for most the tracks on Long Island where I am from
originally until I moved to Florida in 1991. The Cheeth was a big scare for
Cobras and Vettes as it was really fast powered by Vette engine and
weighted 1700 lbs!! They could not qualify for  SCCA as they needed 100
cars and the shop burn down after only 16 cars were built. It was a cool
looking car and most survive today.   Al

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Clyde McLaughlin <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Didn't we see some of these run scca in the mid 60's,  I seem to recall
> atleast one running in the NE Region,  maybe wrong??? Clyde McLaughlin
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]