Subject: [Tigers] Tiger heater drain system

From: "H. B. Elam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:02:52 -0500

Recently, during an intake manifold change-out, I had the choice of removing
the heater drain duckbill or removing the left side motor mount bolts and
lowering that side of the engine to allow access to rear-most manifold bolt. I
chose the heater drain which required removal of the heater core, air
duct/water drain rubber piece as well as the connecting hose and duckbill. The
original duckbill is no longer pliable enough to reuse and my rubber drain
piece had been jury-rigged in past years. As I wait for a replacement duckbill
from SS I wonder what sequence might be best for reinstallation. The global
part of the duckbill is too large to be installed from under the dash, unless
they are more pliable than original. With the duckbill in place, installed
from the engine compartment, working under the dash I think I can fit the
connecting hose. Finally from the heater core box I hope to press the drain
into place before replacing the heater core, hoses and bonnet latch plate.

Any thoughts or suggestions from any who may have been in a similar
situation?

Thanks
Harry Elam
TAC Insp #37
B382000471
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]