Subject: Re: [Tigers] Evans coolant

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:26:17 +0800

Jerry,

much discussio at botht he SAOCA forum and the CAT forum... along with
every other forum.. also on jay Lenos site...

Sounds great.. lots of good reviews.. i guess the main issue is cost.. so
make sure your motor doesnt need to come apart and make sure there are no
colling system leaks.

On 2 January 2014 11:20, Jerry Mo Christopherson <[email-masked]>wrote:

> OK, Tiger land anybody familiar with this product???  Sounds great,
> but.......?
>
>
>
> Jerry Christopherson
>
> 9473187
>
>
>
>
>
> http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/car-care/waterless-engine-coolant/
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 10:21:42 -0500

I recently was watching a 2012 episode of Wheeler Dealers (found on cable on
the Velocity channel) and they used Evans waterless coolant in a TR6.

Here is a link to the Evans part of the episode on YouTube that was recently
uploaded by Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQk_X33B2iQ

I am thinking about switching to it since I had my Duster's engine rebuilt
last year and added aluminum heads along with an upgraded aluminum radiator.

Paul

-----------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Alex Haugland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 08:24:29 -0800

I saw the same episode and have been doing a bit of research into the 
Evans coolant, contemplating it for my Tiger amongst several of my other 
British cars.  The biggest strength is that it has a much higher boiling 
point than water/antifreeze.  On the downside, it's also less thermally 
efficient, meaning that it doesn't cool as well.  The balance seems to 
be that your engine will run hotter, but as you don't have localized 
boiling and don't approach the boiling point of the coolant, you don't 
overheat in the classic sense.  A secondary benefit is that it runs in a 
non-pressurized system, reducing concerns about things like how well the 
heater core designed for ~8 PSI handles the ~13 PSI of the Tiger cooling 
system.  The coolant does still expand noticably as it heats up and an 
expansion tank is required (not an issue on the Tiger, but it is on some 
of my other British cars).  The question for me is what concerns, if any 
does the engine running at a higher temperature create, especially with 
concerns of vapour lock, etc.  Does anyone have practical experience 
running it in their Tiger?

--Alex Haugland
B9470334LRXFE

On 1/4/2014 7:21 AM, Paul R. Breuhan wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:22:42 -0800 (PST)

I looked at running this a long time ago and figured that the cost was too
high for what it would do for me. It was about 30-35 bucks a gallon and did
not cool as well as water or water/antifreeze from what I could find on line.
The other problem is what is the problem that is really trying to be solved?
Rust, cooling corrosion? Run a pressure-less system? Most modern anti-freeze
solves all of that and is inexpensive when you want to drain and work on the
car. 
In my 65 mustang with aluminum block and heads and radiator. I run
distilled water and water wetter, that's all. Been using it for about 10 years
now without any issues. The car sits for a long period of time and don't
really say anything in the cooling system to worry about. I change the water
when I blow the motor and it's been changed about 3 or 4 times in 10 years.
If
you are wanting to run a no pressure system because of heater cores, likely a
better option to fix the old heater core IMO.
Last one is if you do track the
car I think this falls under the rules of if you have antifreeze and you spill
on the track, you pay for clean up if you have a problem, and they track clean
up guys I had a chat with say it's easier to clean up oil the anti-freeze as a
side note.
Also lots of different coolants to try today, look at what some of
the Diesel folks are running, it's different then the 'green' stuff, but not
sure how it applies to regular automotive. I run some odd 'red' OAT stuff in
my Super Duty which had very different requirements then the tiger motor, but
it's supposedly a very good coolant.
The question, I guess, does it keep your
car from boiling over, and if so does that mean it's cooling better or just
not boiling over, because running your motor at 375 degrees before it boils
over really is not a helpful thing ;)
Caution, lots of 2 Cents in the above...
Sandy

________________________________
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]