Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tach Question...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:10:29 +0000

On my '67 Alpine, that we got with 60k miles on it had one loop. 
That's all I can say for sure. 
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Tach Question...

The tach has bee uninstalled in m,y tiger for a very long time and 
memory has dimmed..the white wire that provides the pick up signal needs 
to loop though the little hoop on the back of the tach..how many times?  
I keep wanting to say one loop, but maybe it is more?

ready to install once I have that info...

many thanks up front here..

larry

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:08:22 -0800

Ok, everyone, I have the tach installed now...  one of the replies mentioned
that the wire has two ways that it can be installed: one way the current
goes one direction, opposite if the loop is flipped over.  So now I have a
99% chance of being wrong, lol......

We'll see in a few days or more....

Mayf

_________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Larry Mayfield
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tach Question...

The tach has bee uninstalled in m,y tiger for a very long time and memory
has dimmed..the white wire that provides the pick up signal needs to loop
though the little hoop on the back of the tach..how many times?  
I keep wanting to say one loop, but maybe it is more?

larry

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:34:23 -0500

One loop

Will Seay_____________
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Larry Mayfield
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tach Question...

The tach has bee uninstalled in m,y tiger for a very long time and memory has
dimmed..the white wire that provides the pick up signal needs to loop though the
little hoop on the back of the tach..how many times?  
I keep wanting to say one loop, but maybe it is more?

larry

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:08:15 -0800

Ha!  99%.  It is my very vague recollection that the plastic piece that
held the loop had an edge that would fit into a slot in the tach so that it
would fit only one way.

But, I guess you might be saying you relooped the wire through that plastic
piece.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:10:24 -0800

This shows a sketch of the back of the tack with the loop and its
orientation.

http://teae.org/sunbeam-tachometers/

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:40:35 +0000

The TEAE article shows the wrong side of the loop going through the block

if done that way, there isn9t really a loop.

This sketch on my website depicts the OEM wiring. The wire goes through
the block twice, to make one loop.
http://members.shaw.ca/tsmit/tachmod/tachmod3.html#stu

The OEM tach circuit (with points) may have been somewhat insensitive to
the loop orientation - it probably depends on the dwell. With my tach
module the circuit is definitely sensitive to the loop orientation (and it
has to be as shown in the sketch), but it works with Pertronix and other
points-replacement devices as well as stock points. The OEM tach circuit
doesn9t handle the extended dwell time that you get when you go to a
transistor-switched ignition.

Cheers,
Theo

>But, I guess you might be saying you relooped the wire through that

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]