Subject: [Tigers] Slave cylinder bracket

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 06:23:14 -0600

Guys.I am re-posting this message as I got a "bounce" message after I
originally posted it yesterday.  No replies came in, so I figure that it may
not have made the list.

Hey, guys:

Well, my "clutch job turned engine compartment restoration project" has
begun.  The motor and trans came out of the car yesterday.  Right off the
bat, I was greeted with a problem that I didn't know I had; the slave
cylinder bracket is broken into two pieces.  The break occurred between the
bracket-to-bell-housing mounting bolts, just above the bottom one.  When we
got the motor out and started to pull the bell housing off the block, I
found the bottom mounting bolt for the slave cylinder bracket to be just a
touch more than finger tight.  I'm guessing that the non-tight mounting bolt
in addition to a hugely stiff pressure plate led to the demise of the
bracket.  Also, this bracket has been repaired before; the upper mounting
hole appears to have had the top part of the mounting hole broken off and
then sloppily welded back on.  All in all, this sucker looks like it's been
used for target practice.

What are the chances of me coming up with another original slave cylinder
bracket for a five-bolt block?  I'm sure that I could have one made using
the old one as a pattern, but my goal with the car is to put everything back
the way it came from the factory;  originality is paramount for me during
this build.  Am I going to be "SOL" as far as finding a stock slave cylinder
bracket is concerned?

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

B382001600LRXFE

TAC #740
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 10:27:10 -0500

Andy
	I receive both of your messages.

5 bolt slave cylinder bracket - Rootes # 1224655

Seems to me your options are Google and Ebay to find an original part.

Have your part welded again by someone who knows more about welding this
type of part.

Find someone who does metal casting and have a new one cast like the
original part.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Andy Walker
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 7:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Slave cylinder bracket

Hey, guys:

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

B382001600LRXFE

TAC #740

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]