Subject: [Tigers] FW: another custom tiger

From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 02:24:45 +0000

I think this one started as an alpine.  I say so because on Dale's web site
under projects it is labeled, "Worlds most modified alpine."
http://www.dalesresto.com/Projects/index.php
http://www.russoandsteele.com/past-collector-car/1965-Sunbeam-Tiger/35
Photos on Dale's  web site say Scott Lempert a  search on his name turns up
this blurb where it states the car as a tiger.
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0502_1969_chevy_nova/

What is this one?  Alpine or Tiger to start with?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121178512992?forcerRptr=true&item=121178512992&viewit
em=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1120#ht_20941wt_1189

Regardless I would be proud to own either car.  Looks like great workman ship
in both vehicles.

dan

-----Original Message-----
Message: 3
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:13:10 -0500
From: Cullen1972 <[email-masked]>
To: Pointers <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] another custom tiger

By the way... I had noted it as a "real tiger" when I pointed out the car was
for sale on eBay because i recall norman miller had commented on the car many
years ago on this forum and stated it was. I specifically recall him making a
point because it was being called "the worlds most modified alpine" and I have
an email where he stated it was a Tiger and noted it by VIN. Furthermore,  it
still shows the exact same photos that were used when the car was on eBay
before, even before Russo and Steele. (I never delete my emails)

 A TAC officer and member of stoa contacted me offline shortly after I made my
opening comment and assured me there was no evidence to substantiate that the
car was authentic... And -somewhat tactfully- requested that I curb my
statements to avoid make such claims without proper documentation. So... Even
though we have all been told a certain story as to the history of the car,
which is well documented in the archives by 4 or 5 conversations over the
years... This car has not been verified as a tiger through the TAC process. Or
at least its vin and JAL identification have been compromised and it may it
may not be the same car that was TAC'd prior to its customization at Dales
shop. At least that's what I was told... Boldly I might add.

For what it's worth.

Cullen
Alpine 260
TAC 840
**************************
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]