Subject: [Tigers] Re. Motif Restoration

From: Bill Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've posted a slideshow depicting the steps I used to restore the 1725 motif
on my Series 5 Alpine (my first Alpine... long time Tiger owner, but purchased
a one owner '66 Alpine a while back).

Once the plastic part is removed, both
sides can be "sanded" by rubbing the motif back and forth on a piece of wet
sandpaper (progressively finer grit).  On the front, you continue until it is
smooth enough to then switch to plastic polish.  On the back side you don't
need to get it to the polished state, just very smooth and clear of the black
paint.  Then, if you need to ad a bit of chrome silver to the lettering, you
can do so being careful not to get any on the back.  Then, I placed the face
of the motif on strips of masking tape to protect it while spraying semi-gloss
black.  After it is dry, replace in surround and reattach to car.
http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/fordlandia/slideshow/ALPINE%201725%20LOGO
Regards,

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]