Subject: Re: [Tigers] Flex Fans

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:17:08 -0400

Jay
	The Original Tiger fan blade will have a 1 inch center hole;
majority of standard Ford fan blades have either a 5/8" or 2 3/8" center
hole.
Stock Ford fan blades should have a Ford logo and date code or the Ford box
should have a Ford part number listed.
Stock Ford 4 blade fans were over 17" diameter.

Tiger fan blade - C4JZ-8600-B

My Tiger 4 blade fan is 14" in diameter
Mine has a script "FoMoCo" stamped into each blade with a "9  B" above and a
backwards "SC" below the script.

Bob Mannel's Book lists C1AA-8600-E 4 blade 14" diameter - ID # C1VV-D used
on Comet/Montego 1964 HiPo, previously used on 1961/64 390,406 and 427

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 12:13 PM
To: Tiger's Den
Subject: [Tigers] Flex Fans

When going through some more of dad's stuff, I found a number of fans.  Two
flex fans and one fan with 4 blades, but not equally spaced.  The non-flex
fan one is in a Ford box.

Anyone know what that non-flex one might be?  He also had a '66 Mustang with
a V8, sold when he bought the Tiger.  So some of it might be from that car.
I'm now told that the Tiger and Falcon/Mustang shared that fan, but that the
overall diameter of the Tiger one was smaller.  Anyone know the
measurements?

I should probably sell these fans.  Also, if anyone has an interest in
decades of old Sci Fi magazines (Analog, and its various names before it
became Analog), going back to the 40's, let me know.

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4142 / Virus Database: 3604/6722 - Release Date: 10/04/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]