Subject: Re: [Tigers] Window Regulator Mechanism lube Caveat

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:18:57 +0000

Like everything else, chain lubes have become more specialized and
market-specific. There are different types of motorcycle chain lubes available
and some are less suited to this type of application. Most street bikes use an
O-ring sealed chain, this requires a different type of lube than a standard
chain that you find on dirt bikes and small displacement street bikes. Be sure
to look for a lube that is for all types of chain, not just O-ring. The lubes
designed for O-ring only are more of a high-impact wax and will not penetrate
into small crevasses by design. I have both types on my shelf, the O-ring type
chain wax for my street and track bikes and a general chain lube for my
off-road and vintage bikes.

For standard chains I prefer Kal-Gard with Moly:
http://www.kalgard.com/product/482/chain-kote

For O-ring chains I use Bel-Ray:
http://www.belray.com/bel-ray-super-clean-chain-lube

Both these products have been around for many years and are proven

For pivot points like window regulators I prefer white lithium grease, and CRC
makes a heavy-duty aerosol type that penetrates and stays put after it dries.
It is available at most auto stores.

http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=05037

As Dr. Ruth always sez: "Don't forget to lubricate!"

Bugz
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]