Subject: Re: [Tigers] Body Design...

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 17:34:33 +0000

It's a stretch (pardon the pun), but the Sunbeam Arrow-based Alpines made from
'69 to '75 were fastback, rather reminiscent of the old Plymouth Barracuda.
They had a whopping 98" wheelbase to boot.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Larry Mayfield
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Body Design...

Hmm, more requests... is there some among you who can do computer sketches
(like using google sketchup)?  Looking for one who can make a
130 inch wheel base car with a swoopy new front nose on it per my specs?  Body
aft of the windshield would be pure alpine or tiger.  Front would resemble an
upside down ski boat prow...sorta... anybody do that?
With and without a Harrington top...

mayf
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 09:47:29 +1000

I can probably help you out on that front... you want to make a 3d model to
run wind tests on?

Also re: your other questions.. in the UK there used to be several
suppliers of fiberglass front wings and rear wings.

On the harrington/fastback bodywork... the Kamm tail alpines that ran at LM
with the stock hardtops were actually faster in a straight line than the
special closed nose harrington that won its class.. so closing the bodywork
between the fins is a good idea.

The LM Tigers initially had lift on the rear end until they added the small
detachable spoiler/flap.

Look at Jackie Chochrain and Chris Beightons racers in the UK.. they have
added a large gurney flap/spoiler betwen the rear wings to hold the backs
of the cars down but still keep s the stockish loo of a sunbeam.

On 5 October 2013 02:49, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (like using google sketchup)?  Looking for one who can make a  130 inch
> wheel base car with a swoopy new front nose on it per my specs?  Body aft
> of the windshield would be pure alpine or tiger.  Front would resemble an
> upside down ski boat prow...sorta... anybody do that?  With and without a
> Harrington top...
>
> mayf
>
> --
> ______________________________
> drmayf
> Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
> 204.913 mph flying mile
> 210.779 mph exit speed
> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/tigers/michael.s.king@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]