Subject: [Tigers] Wiring Question

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 06:50:43 -0700 (PDT)

Finally getting ready for the first startup of the 289 HiPo motor in 66 MK1A
after a number of years of work.  We are only hooking up, temporarily, oil
pressure guage ( finally found correct tiger block fitting to oil line (
thanks Bill), tach and water temp.  I have a electronic Petronix distributor
with vacumn advance and Petronixs coil from SS.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/pertronix-distributor-flame-thrower-black-female-c
ap-cast-ignitor-289-302-1965-1973/p/DIST35/

My question is the wiring of the WHITE wire that goes from the ignition switch
to the tachometer then to ballast resistor, which is no longer needed - (I
belive from the ballast resistor the wire changed to WU (white\blue).  So does
this white wire from ignition switch to tach then go to the + positve side of
the coil?  I have hear that if the white wire is not hooked up the car will
not start - correct?
 
Thanks
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]