Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam 260 and DIY Dyno first trial run...

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:45:44 -0700

Ok, so you all looked at the vids of the first two startups of the 
Sunbeam's newest motor. Well, now here is a third one, made yesterday, 
that has the run stand coupled to its diy dyno counterpart. This was the 
first time ever fired up on the dyno and there were lots of questions in 
my mind. It worked out just fine! The dyno is something I fabricated 
from scratch using a Jaguar IRS with inboard disk brakes.  I even 
shortened the drive shaft myself. The blue components are water 
collectors and shields to keep water from going all over the place. Two 
spray nozzles along side each rotor.  Lots of things I might do 
differently, lots of things to change or improve, but it works!  When 
operating at 2500 rpm, I am able to drop the rpm with just a small 
change in pressure to the brake master cylinder's push cylinder.  And 
recover the rpm afterwards.  I did not try and  break anything because 
the tune is not right. Ok for the load level we were at but not a full 
boogie run.  Plus, if I ran it at full song, I suspect the police would 
have been there in short order, lol. It barks really loudly, so some 
turbo mufflers are required...

here is the link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGXda1cZ8Q

mayf

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]