Subject: [Tigers] Ignition Switch

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 06:46:08 -0700

I pulled apart my ignition switch.  It was pretty easy.  As indicated, just
pry out two of the points on the can that are pressed in, hold towel to finger
to stop bleeding from screwdriver slipping out of indentation point and into
the finger, put switch in vice, lightly clamping around nut, and finish last
indentation point.

Put in key, press ice pick in hole in side to release lock barrel.

Pull apart.

The switch is much more beefy than I expected.  It has a strong spring and is
built of large, thick metal for contacts.  I'm actually kind of surprised that
it has any issue.  But, I've cleaned it up and sanded all the contacts.  I
basically put a piece of fine sandpaper in between each of the three contact
points and rotated the sandpaper back and forth, and rotated the contact to
each of the three positions to get each one.  This probably makes no sense
unless you have one open in your hands.  I was thinking of dremel, but none of
my attachments are small enough to fit in there.

I'm also cleaning and sanding the tabs out the back that the wires attach to.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:05:31 -0400 (EDT)

Jay,
If you have a can of contact cleaner I would suggest spraying every  
electrical part that has to carry any juice.
Mark L

In a message dated 5/18/2013 9:49:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I pulled  apart my ignition switch.  It was pretty easy.  As indicated,  
just
pry out two of the points on the can that are pressed in, hold towel  to 
finger
to stop bleeding from screwdriver slipping out of indentation  point and 
into
the finger, put switch in vice, lightly clamping around nut,  and finish 
last
indentation point.

Pull apart.

The switch is  much more beefy than I expected.  It has a strong spring and 
is
built  of large, thick metal for contacts.  I'm actually kind of surprised  
that
it has any issue.  But, I've cleaned it up and sanded all the  contacts.  I
basically put a piece of fine sandpaper in between each  of the three 
contact
points and rotated the sandpaper back and forth, and  rotated the contact to
each of the three positions to get each one.   This probably makes no sense
unless you have one open in your hands.   I was thinking of dremel, but 
none of
my attachments are small enough to  fit in there.

I'm also cleaning and sanding the tabs out the back that  the wires attach  
to.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: TtT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:13:44 -0500

Keep us updated. Jay. TtT
Sent from Huawei Mobile

[email-masked] wrote:

>Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 11:39:32 -0400

Jay
	I suggest you take pictures of the inside of the ign switch and
more; do a Tech write up and put it all on TigersUnited.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked] Den
Subject: [Tigers] Ignition Switch

I pulled apart my ignition switch.  It was pretty easy.  As indicated, just
pry out two of the points on the can that are pressed in, hold towel to
finger to stop bleeding from screwdriver slipping out of indentation point
and into the finger, put switch in vice, lightly clamping around nut, and
finish last indentation point.

Pull apart.

The switch is much more beefy than I expected.  It has a strong spring and
is built of large, thick metal for contacts.  I'm actually kind of surprised
that it has any issue.  But, I've cleaned it up and sanded all the contacts.
I basically put a piece of fine sandpaper in between each of the three
contact points and rotated the sandpaper back and forth, and rotated the
contact to each of the three positions to get each one.  This probably makes
no sense unless you have one open in your hands.  I was thinking of dremel,
but none of my attachments are small enough to fit in there.

I'm also cleaning and sanding the tabs out the back that the wires attach
to. _______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3336 / Virus Database: 3162/6331 - Release Date: 05/17/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]