Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiring Question

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 14:43:02 +0000

Hi Joel,
That's correct. At the tach the white wire loops through the little plastic
block and metal U bracket that's thumb-screwed onto the back of the tach.

I have a diagram that's mostly applicable on my tach website:
http://members.shaw.ca/tsmit/tachmod/tachmod3.html#pe

In your case, without a ballast resistor the white wire from under the dash
connects to the coil + along with the power wire for the Pertronix
distributor.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
>
> My question is the wiring of the WHITE wire that goes from the ignition
> switch to the tachometer then to ballast resistor, which is no longer
> needed - (I belive from the ballast resistor the wire changed to WU
> (white\blue).  So does this white wire from ignition switch to tach
> then go to the + positve side of the coil?  I have hear that if the
> white wire is not hooked up the car will not start - correct?
>
> Thanks
> Joel Martin
> _______________________________________________

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 14:40:36 +0000

Joel,
The white wire goes to the plus side along with the red wire from the Pertonix
distributor. The black wire from the distributor goes on the negative side. I
am running this exact setup on a 331 stroker, works great. You can either
by-pass the ballast resistor or do some hidden surgery and keep the ballast
resistor.

If you have a BR that is no longer functional then pry the ceramic portion
away from the clip and solder a #14 wire inside the insulator block between
the two terminals. Now reassemble and you have a stock-looking BR without  a
significantly drop in voltage. I suggest you buy a re-pop to do this on if
your original one still functions, don't want the Concours Police knocking
down your door.

Bugz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:51 AM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Wiring Question

Finally getting ready for the first startup of the 289 HiPo motor in 66 MK1A
after a number of years of work.  We are only hooking up, temporarily, oil
pressure guage ( finally found correct tiger block fitting to oil line (
thanks Bill), tach and water temp.  I have a electronic Petronix distributor
with vacumn advance and Petronixs coil from SS.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/pertronix-distributor-flame-thrower-black-female-c
ap-cast-ignitor-289-302-1965-1973/p/DIST35/

My question is the wiring of the WHITE wire that goes from the ignition switch
to the tachometer then to ballast resistor, which is no longer needed - (I
belive from the ballast resistor the wire changed to WU (white\blue).  So does
this white wire from ignition switch to tach then go to the + positve side of
the coil?  I have hear that if the white wire is not hooked up the car will
not start - correct?

Thanks
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]