Subject: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings

From: Karl Adey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 21:13:36 -0400 FILETIME=[16B6A360:01CE542E]

At some point my Mk1 was graced with a new fuel pump and the whole setup was
changed.  Now I'm trying to install a stock pump from Sunbeam Specialties, and
have found that I don't have the right adapters or bracket.  I'm desperate for
any info anyone has on the stock setup, ie the adapter from the large pump
intake and outlet, the bracket, fuel line path etc.  Pictures of the stock
setup would be greatly appreciated, as a 2 hour search only provided a single
shot of the pump thru the trap door.Thanks,Karl
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 03:47:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Karl, 

I might could help a little. I just replaced the stock system on my car with 3/8 inch line and a new fuel pump in the trunk on my Mark 1A. Unfortunately I am not looking to get rid of any of that plumbing. 

You say you are looking for routing info. I gather the PO did not keep the 5/16 lines and just cut off the connectors at the pump? If so are you looking to install all new 5/16 lines? I know there is a company that makes reproduction stock fuel lines for the Tiger and other classic cars. I do not know the name off hand but am sure someone on the List has that info. As I recall they are not cheap. 

The routing from the tank crossover tube to the pump takes a very contorted path as it works its way around the side of the Alpine spare wheel well, up the back side of the forward trunk wall, over the panhard rod and axle cavity and down and across to the pump. Without having an example to follow, I think it would be very hard and tedious to duplicate this section by hand. My car is just on jack stands and I cannot seem to get that piece out without cutting it somewhere in the middle. Something I am reluctant to do at the moment. When the car is running again, I will get the car on a lift and hopefully be able to snake that section out. 

If you are looking just to reattach a stock pump to the existing lines with some short sections of line and rubber hose, I think you will find that the pump connectors are BSP sizes and threads. I saw on another forum not long ago that there is a company in Indiana that carries a lot of those types of fittings and connectors. I can look for that if you like. Obviously you would need to know what to ask for, but supposedly the are very helpful people. 

Let me know what you would like in the way of specific photos and I will gladly see what I can do. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Adey" <[email-masked]> 
To: "The LIST Post" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:13:36 PM 
Subject: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:36:17 -0400

Karl
	Classic Tube I believe has fuel and brake line kits for Tiger and
Alpine.

Moss Motors might have the fuel pump adaptors but not sure.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:48 PM
To: Karl Adey
Cc: The LIST Post
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings

Hi Karl,

I might could help a little. I just replaced the stock system on my car with
3/8 inch line and a new fuel pump in the trunk on my Mark 1A. Unfortunately
I am not looking to get rid of any of that plumbing.

You say you are looking for routing info. I gather the PO did not keep the
5/16 lines and just cut off the connectors at the pump? If so are you
looking to install all new 5/16 lines? I know there is a company that makes
reproduction stock fuel lines for the Tiger and other classic cars. I do not
know the name off hand but am sure someone on the List has that info. As I
recall they are not cheap.

The routing from the tank crossover tube to the pump takes a very contorted
path as it works its way around the side of the Alpine spare wheel well, up
the back side of the forward trunk wall, over the panhard rod and axle
cavity and down and across to the pump. Without having an example to follow,
I think it would be very hard and tedious to duplicate this section by hand.
My car is just on jack stands and I cannot seem to get that piece out
without cutting it somewhere in the middle. Something I am reluctant to do
at the moment. When the car is running again, I will get the car on a lift
and hopefully be able to snake that section out.

If you are looking just to reattach a stock pump to the existing lines with
some short sections of line and rubber hose, I think you will find that the
pump connectors are BSP sizes and threads. I saw on another forum not long
ago that there is a company in Indiana that carries a lot of those types of
fittings and connectors. I can look for that if you like. Obviously you
would need to know what to ask for, but supposedly the are very helpful
people.

Let me know what you would like in the way of specific photos and I will
gladly see what I can do.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Adey" <[email-masked]>
To: "The LIST Post" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:13:36 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings

changed. Now I'm trying to install a stock pump from Sunbeam Specialties,
and
have found that I don't have the right adapters or bracket. I'm desperate
for
any info anyone has on the stock setup, ie the adapter from the large pump
intake and outlet, the bracket, fuel line path etc. Pictures of the stock
setup would be greatly appreciated, as a 2 hour search only provided a
single
shot of the pump thru the trap door.Thanks,Karl
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]