Subject: [Tigers] Relays, ignition switch and starter solenoid

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 16:39:10 -0700

A number of people have responded to my posts about adding relays to help
out the ignition switch.  First, keep in mind that this is my father's
car.  Rest assured that he has added relays for various systems.

That said, my problem here was getting juice to the solenoid.  It sure
seems to me that the starter solenoid is in fact already a relay!!!!
Right?  Is anyone really running a relay off the starter switch to simply
power the wire that triggers the starter solenoid?!

One other point, in playing with an ohmeter and the switch, I get the sense
the any weakness in contact was not the internals of the ignition switch
itself (which is pretty beefy in there).  But in the tabs off the back
which seem to have some dark coloring that inhibits electricity.  That's
easy to clean - but per my previous post, I'm still not clear on how to
clean the insides of the female connectors, which are presumably as in need
of cleaning as the male tabs.

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]