Subject: [Tigers] water pumps and timing covers

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 05:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

I also purchased the Scott Drake alum timing cover.  I went with Rick's from
SS for the alum water pump due to the fact that the modifications to the hub
etc were already complete.  FYI - he is out of stock on the cast iron water
pump.
 
Joel
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: TtT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:56:31 -0500

Someone help me understand why I can't use the aluminum or the cast iorn h2o pump on any SBF engine. TIA.  TtT 
Sent from Huawei Mobile

Joel Martin <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:27:01 -0400

Timing covers and water pumps are specific to each other.

The timing cover for the Aluminum water pump has a round casting for the
pump to work within and 2 curved ports for the coolant flow.
http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C4AZ-6019-A.aspx?wid=141

Timing cover for the cast iron water pump is a shallower casting because the
water pump has a steel plate with 2 special bolts.  This timing cover
accommodate those two bolts.
http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C4AZ-6019-B.aspx?wid=141

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of TtT
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:57 PM
To: Joel Martin; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] water pumps and timing covers

Someone help me understand why I can't use the aluminum or the cast iorn h2o
pump on any SBF engine. TIA.  TtT
Sent from Huawei Mobile

Joel Martin <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I also purchased the Scott Drake alum timing cover.  I went with Rick's
>from SS for the alum water pump due to the fact that the modifications
>to the hub etc were already complete.  FYI - he is out of stock on the
>cast iron water pump.
>
>Joel
>Unsubscribe:
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3343 / Virus Database: 3184/6371 - Release Date: 05/31/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]