Subject: Re: [Tigers] Amp guage needed - relay question

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:19:59 +0000

Hi Joel,
I can't speak to all the issues, but here's the thing with the ammeter:
Because it has to go in series with the main power wiring to the battery, if
the ammeter is not installed you have to have the two ammeter hookup terminals
connected together. If these connections come loose or get corroded, then you
get a hot spot under the dash that can easily become a fire hazard and at best
it's a risk to all the other wiring in that part of the loom because the heat
can soften the insulation.

On the other hand, having the ammeter wiring built as part of the harness
would avoid the situation where many folks have their ammeter improperly wired
(such as between the generator/alternator and the rest of the harness).

Theo

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:07:36 +0000

Ron,
Scott Drake is now re-popping the C4OE-6059-A (Ford Service Part #
C4AZ-6019-A) timing cover for 5-bolt V8s. Claim to be concours correct.

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C4AZ-6019-A.aspx?wid=141

Also, have been using this high-flow water pump on the 331 stroker, easy to
modify to Tiger pulley specs if you have a hand press and half the price of
the Edelbrock unit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bra-1680

Bugz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:56 AM
To: 'Joel Martin'; 'Tiger List Serve'
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Amp guage needed - relay question

Joel
Sounds like you are making some great progress, well done.

Timing cover - the Tiger engine never used the oil spout on the timing cover
- that hole was plugged until a new timing cover was introduced which
eliminated that feature.

The new timing covers on the market today require a cast iron water pump as
far as I know.

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]