Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 11:12:09 -0700

Yep, lots of people have said good things about DOT5.  An almost equal number
have given the thumbs up to LMA DOT3/4.  It was a flip of the coin for me.
Having that one last guy tell me about "funny things" (which I think is a very
silly non-persuasive way to put it) blew the wind to have the coin land on
LMA.  All I know is that my dad rebuilt them, used DOT5 and a moisture
barrier, and the clutch was as hard as can be.  I changed it to DOT3, it
worked much better for about a week, then the seals failed.  I rebuilt them
using DOT3/4 LMA and feel great.  For all I know, if I had just rebled my
clutch using DOT5, the clutch pedal would have felt just fine again and I
wouldn't have destroyed the rubber.  There is no way for me to know now!  Just
reporting my observations.  :-)

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 15:19:40 -0400

I have found I need to use high temp dot 4 or a hard drive gets the fluid
boiling within 5-10 minutes.  It pretty much rules out any other
alternatives.

On Saturday, May 4, 2013, Jay Laifman wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]