Subject: [Tigers] No Tiger Content - Sports Car ID Help

From: Terry Packer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:46:42 -0800 (PST)

Merry Christmas All

Hopefully you noticed that there's no Tiger content here.
But the combined knowledge of this List reaches far and wide.  

I recently
fast forwarded through a terrible sci-fi movie from 1958 - The Lost Missile.
Interestingly, it included a scene with a cream colored sports car I didn't
recognize. If you would like to give identifying it a whirl, please cut/paste
the youtube link below, as the entire movie is posted there. Advance the play
bar to 55 minutes. The car in question appears in the next minute in a road
duel with two jeeps. Note that in the view following its roll-over that hood
louvers seem to be present. 

Since there is no Tiger content in this
message, please feel free to reply to me individually. If a positive ID of the
car can be made, I'll post the result to the list to close the loop. 

Also,
"The Lost Missile" seems to be pretty obscure as it is not yet listed at
IMCDB.org. For anyone unfamiliar, this is the Internet Movie Cars Data Base.
It's a great resource for identifying movie vehicles - cars, trucks,
motorcycles, buses, etc in particular movies. However it also allows the
reverse search for movie appearances by your favorite vehicle. Hope you don't
mind that I chose to ask the List for help with this one.

Thanks

Terry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ZN7CZkmeg
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:00:23 -0500

Not a BMW, Lancia or Fiat.
On Dec 25, 2012 3:47 PM, "Terry Packer" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:05:40 -0500

Could be either a 1950 Delahaye or a Talbot Lago
On Dec 25, 2012 4:00 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Teepen, Jere" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:10:10 -0500

The cars is a Jowett Jupiter.  British built in the early '50's.

Jere

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Terry Packer
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] No Tiger Content - Sports Car ID Help

Merry Christmas All

I recently

Also,

Thanks

Terry

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]