Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger?????

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:58:42 -0700

Lots of stuff that makes me cringe, but nothing that out-and-out says 
"Alger".
In fact, the VIN plate looks to be attached with OEM rivets (I could be 
wrong there... best get it TAC'ed to be sure) and you can see the 
factory green under the peeling red paint.
Other than the fan shroud it even appears to have most of the things 
that people spend a lot of time digging for, such as the oil filter 
mount, the air cleaner, and the heater control valve.
You can see by the carpet wear mark in the trunk that it looks like the 
spare tire mount is actually there - they're just not using it.
Also the visible stuff on the underside of the chassis seems to be 
mostly in correct order... notwithstanding the non-removable exhaust system.

It will be interesting to see where the bidding goes on this. It would 
take a whole bunch of work to make 'nice' even assuming that there 
wasn't a boatload of body filler hiding rust or other damage. The 
fenders appear to be rolled but that could be just the lighting in the 
pictures.

Theo

On 12/10/2012 7:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> This is on e-bay
>   
> _http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-REAL-DEAL-1
> 967-Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-MK1A-V-8-260-EXCELLENT-/251197107944?pt=US_Cars_Tru
> cks&hash=item3a7c83aee8_
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-REAL-DEAL-1967-Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-MK1A-V-8-260-EXCELLENT-/25
> 1197107944?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7c83aee8)
>   
>   
> In a message dated 12/10/2012 5:56:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
>
> http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe5e16797c65047b7411&m=fefd1071766d05
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]