Subject: Re: [Tigers] What is it? no tiger content

From: "Stu Brennan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:29:04 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1356474543; bh=UbP03SG+LYWPvzv0Y0mGeVBdiULEY3JY/OjUW/0RVhw=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=mand04ayb6nC4N4LjVW8Ok/egCpl7yDM6/8ZtAejwydGjDA90FPk5UJjBSDXN/jqI Zv/am6IJR0G0gnAsS35CLm5QJMCiNmZ5fM7rlCKf59WJa5alGZv3FPGnWpPWGCw4EO AOyiNGisjB+sxNuGws+hsolIP8foYLV3yyHBUa4CpZ69Zo6SRi4qCaGiqCNCRLv98S yphK0sohXtEogCtMF+xz/REcGdetOPnyqcQ6XzjdCj6DASPtl3kPpw6+ZdxoL89yx5 xYGdtqeF+GooIkOOasSH/HFNnI6wab779dUtiP6QjCPSOZrvMfjCv5hd0sW8q88EYV pTmKArBTbD2Xg==

Rande wins.  The front view a few seconds later confirms it.

Stu

-----Original Message----- 
From: rande
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 5:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] What is it? no tiger content

Michael,

I would 'Google image' a car called the Jowett Jupiter, and you can learn 
more
about it through Wikipedia. It's a Brit car from the early 1950's. Try to 
find
an image of it taken from the rear, as that's the view from the youtube 
film.

Rande
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: David Sosna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 14:35:50 -0800

Rande--good call!
I'd never have gotten that on my own.
:-)

Best Regards
David Sosna

On 12/25/2012 02:01 PM, rande wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I would 'Google image' a car called the Jowett Jupiter, and you can learn more
> about it through Wikipedia. It's a Brit car from the early 1950's. Try to find
> an image of it taken from the rear, as that's the view from the youtube film.
>
>
> Rande
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:02:36 -0800

The IMCDB is a great resource. I initially linked into it off the Pinto site 
I frequent. As I was scrolling through the Pinto's I see one listed for an 
abysmal film I work on early in my career (Frozen Scream - 1980, a top pick 
on the "Video Nasty's" list).

 Something in the background of the Pinto image caught my attention. 
And..., sure enough there was a 73 Buick convertible. It is owned by a guy I 
worked on the film with - and still work with to this day. He still has the 
car too.  Needless to say it made his day that a car he has owned for over 
35 years is visible on the IMCDB.  So, no telling what you might find.

Tom 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Buck Trippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:18:00 -0800

Good job Rande!

The earlier posts in this tread had little Tiger content so I don't feel too 
guilty further digressing...  with some trivia.

I've watched that movie a number of times, in fact, every time I've stumbled 
across it on TV. And it's not because of the Jowett Jupiter. A lot of it was 
shot in the area where I grew up.

I've always spent most of my time trying to pick out friend's houses or 
familiar haunts. Many of the houses seen as the  jeeps are driving around 
Playa del Rey would soon fall victim to the expansion of LAX caused by the 
introduction of passenger jets.

The school where the kids exit and board school bus was where several of us 
in today's Tiger community attended. (Including Senior TAC inspector and 
Cobra restorer Mike McCluskey).

When the jeep nearly runs past the "T" dead end and is forced to back up, 
the background looks out over what became, a few years later, Marina del Rey 
and the site of Shelby American's Venice shop. Carroll Shelby was to have a 
similar view from his house which would be built a block or two from the 
jeep's location shortly after this movie was shot.

bt

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Sosna" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What is it? no tiger content

>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Terry Packer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:36:00 -0800 (PST)

Rande and Buck

Thank you Rande for providing a confirmed ID for the Jowett Jupiter shown in The Lost Missile. I've never heard of that car before, which may be understandable as its wikipedia entry (below) confirms very low production numbers and a several unique features.

Also thanks to Buck for adding color to the Lost Missile story. I wondered where the filming location was and had no idea I was looking at the future Marina Del Rey area.

This seems to confirm again that virtually any movie of any quality can benefit from the inclusion of a few good cars!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jowett_Jupiter

Thanks again for all responses.

Terry

----- Original Message -----
From: rande <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:01 PM
Subject: [Tigers] What is it? no tiger content

Michael,

Rande

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]