Subject: Re: [Tigers] My understanding

From: C And J <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:47:59 -0800

If anyone who is healthy wonders why Tiger people are so fixated on
authenticity. My understanding is that an alger got a big award at a Tigers
United, which caused an aneurism in this person. Ever since than, it's
effected everyone else and now it's 90 percent of the discussion for Tiger
people. Thus, scaring away a lot of healthy, normal people from a lot of
events.

Now you know.
Chris
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2012, at 6:59 PM, "rande" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A disclaimer.
> I'm just one of sixty-odd TAC inspectors. I'm neither the chief justice nor
> one of the regular justices of the TAC Supreme Court.
>
> My point this morning was that, based on what I could see strictly from the
> eBay photos, I would not discourage the dealer from thinking about a TAC
inspection,
> if it was convenient for him/her. Assuming that the eBay reserve was close
to
> their 'buy it now' figure. If this car was advertised or presented with a
TAC
> certificate, it might help the dealer get close to the price they're
looking
> for.
>
> But, I'm just one TAC inspector, and as all of you remember from elementary
> school Tiger class, it takes three inspectors to agree after inspecting the
> car in person before a certificate and sticker can be issued.
>
> Rande Bellman
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 04:40:43 +0000

Tiger authenticity, when bidding on an auction offering, has to do with fair
and legal representation of the car in question. Nothing more or less. I don't
know what Al's original concern was that he brought up the question, and he
hasn't waded back into this quagmire to rescue us. The particular car being
offered is rough around the edges and shows signs of less than ideal
stewardship through its existence, but the pictures, to my eye, don't show
anything that would make me worry about its chassis not being a Tiger since
day one. Having said that, if I was interested in the car, I'd find a way to
get down there to see it in person or else get someone to do that.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of C And J
> Sent: December 11, 2012 8:48 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] My understanding
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Marc James Small <[email-masked]> rmin.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:08:47 -0500

>get down there to see it in person or else get someone to do that.

I believe that what the original fellow was
saying is that too many Tiger owners are Greedy
Guts who simply want desperately to save their
dollar investment and to treat their ownership as
if it was an unmarked Swiss bank account.   The
Tiger List tends to involve only three kinds of folks::

First, there are those who are only concerned
with the cosmetics.  "how do we fit a poppit to secure the convrtiible top'?

Second, the greedy guts:  'this car is my legacy
and oh I am so very, very, very frightened that I
shall have to deal with crossbreed!' It is almost
a racial matter once it is seen in those lights.

Third, how to hot-rod a Tiger.

On other British car lists, the dynamic is just
different and tens to run along the lines of
preserving old cars.  It is a different universe,
even on our affiliated Alpine list.

Go figure!

Be well and Merry Christmas to all.

Marc

[email-masked]
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:01:37 -0800

To be fair, there are not all that many cars out there where the only
"official" difference is on a VIN tag that is pop-riveted on.  Ford V8s and
trannys are relatively easy to obtain - and a change that many Alpine
owners might want to do anyway - and even easier when a dead Tiger is
available.

Other companies have better records of the cars and VINs stamped onto
various parts of the cars.

Sure there are other marques where the hi-po versions can be copied, and
are.  It just that Tigers are part of that group - and those other marque
owners are probably just as concerned about fakes (unless they are buyers
who are drunk at an auction with some knucklehead in their face egging
them - which I've never understood.  Guess it works).

>
> --- On Wed, 12/12/12, C And J <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> From: C And J <[email-masked]>
> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 3:47 AM
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:24:12 -0800

I had a similar incident occur when I had my Tiger TAC'd.  A TAC team was at
a CAT get together several years ago, and I wanted to support the program.
Mind you, I had no doubt that my car was an authentic Tiger so, after it
passed the TAC inspection, I didn't look too closely at the paperwork until
I got back home after the event.  When I saw the 'no original rivets' box
checked, I couldn't believe it!  I knew better;  at the next Tiger outing
where I had my car (I'm pretty sure it was a TU), I ask Tom Hall to take a
look at my rivets and tell me what he thought.  Tom Hall is the #1 senior
inspector in the entire program.  Tom looked at my rivets and confirmed that
they were original.  When I told him that the 'no original rivets' box had
been checked at the TAC inspection, he graciously offered to write me a
letter regarding my original rivets- which he did as soon as the he got home
from TU.  I have that letter stapled to the TAC certificate.  So, there is
hope that you might be able to have your injustice rectified some day!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:24 AM
To: C And J
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My understanding

There are flaws in all systems.   My Tiger "the best in the world" has a TAC
certificate that states.  " no original rivets"   The rivets are
original.Which I pointed out years  later to get corrected.  Nobody wants to
overide.    We need a court.  Then a supreme court.   Gary Moore B9472283
tac
311      car is not for sale.     

Now you know.
Chris
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2012, at 6:59 PM, "rande" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A disclaimer.
> I'm just one of sixty-odd TAC inspectors. I'm neither the chief 
> justice nor one of the regular justices of the TAC Supreme Court.
>
> My point this morning was that, based on what I could see strictly 
> from the eBay photos, I would not discourage the dealer from thinking 
> about a TAC
inspection,
to
TAC
looking
> for.
>
> But, I'm just one TAC inspector, and as all of you remember from 
> elementary school Tiger class, it takes three inspectors to agree 
> after inspecting the car in person before a certificate and sticker can be
issued.

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]