Subject: [Tigers] soft top canvas straps

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 13:50:46 -0500

from car #B382000048

First, while I'm the same dude who browbeats everyone for throwing out their
old Tiger stuff, nonetheless I threw out the old top fabric, so can't refer
to that. I pulled up the metal frame still in the car, the center strap is still
there. I looked for evidence of the left and right outer straps. From a visual
standpoint, the rear most bow has gray paint missing on the outer two sides
where the horizonal bend becomes vertical(and is showing surface rust), coinciding
with where the straps pictured in the owner handbook show them.

The parts catalog seems to be inconclusive, showing only one complete hood(in
this case, Britspeak for top)used for car numbers B9473328 onward, and one top
hood frame used for Series 3 bodies onward (look at pages YX13 and YX21 from
the June 1968 version of the catalog).

For owners handbook reference, I looked at the separate Tiger 1A eight page
supplement companion to the Mark I handbook, as well as the Tiger II '289' owners
handbook, which in this case share much of the same photos(by plate number).

If anyone is able to find those straps listed separately, let us know where
you found the listing.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]