Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Scale Models

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:44:05 -0500

Link through Autoweek article today. sorry I can't share the photo.

Michael Shortt

*Automodello*
*Get Smart* fans will recognize this 1/43-scale 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mark 1.

Following the startling success of the Ford 289 V8-powered Shelby-designed
Cobras <http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120119/CARNEWS/120119793>, the
folks

at Rootes Group, manufacturers of the 1959 Sunbeam Alpine got the bug.

They reached out to Carroll Shelby to work his magic on their handsome
little car. Shelby designed

and built the prototype, and the result was a fun little sporty car with
wire wheels, whitewalls and four cylinders in Tiger form.

The Automodello image replicates, in 1/43 resin, the Mark 1 version
introduced in 1965. The car comes in red or British

Racing green ($135), and features a removable hardtop. Fans of the '60s TV
show Get Smart will recognize the

 red Tiger as Maxwell Smart's ride of
choice<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyALBqF7XA>.
($95, www.automodello.com)

Read more:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121219/carnews01/121219886#ixzz2FcCc3HYP

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
www.michaelshortt.com
[email-masked]
912-232-9390

This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it.  Thank you
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]