Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

From: "Bill Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:26:03 -0800

I think the images Buck is talking about are the ones I took for the TU
project. It is fairly well recognized that Dales Restorations does a pretty
authentic restoration job, so we went down there a couple of times to
photographically document an almost complete, newly restored, Mk I and a
similar Mk II in detail. Both shoots included some of the undercarriage with
the car on a lift. We took pix of everything that was visible but undoubtably
we would have missed the one vital detail that any one individual needed!

It should be understood, as Buck points out, that Tigers were constantly
changing as production progressed, so that one "correct" car can differ from
another and still be "correct"
That applies to Austin-Healeys too and most people in the classic car
community, without manufacturing engineering experience, find that hard to
grasp. One only has to look at Amendment 16 to the Tiger Parts List to see the
extent of changes over time - and that is just for parts supplied as spares.

Joel / James contact me off line about a CD

Bill Rogers
Motorsport Memories
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:31:33 +1100

Dales restorations are very nice, and i am very impressed by what I have
seen. that said the red tiger he did that was featured recently in the
write-up had many small details that were not factory, plating of things
that were not from factory, more things that had been up-finshed over
factory.

For reference the best thing we can do is find original un restored cars
and document them while they still exist. I have been fortunate enough to
be helping with such a car recently and there are so many detail things you
find that you dont know about and that the repro parts don't get right or
exclude.. it's really an eye opener!

I am taking pictures and hope to do them as a web album i the future.

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:40:57 -0500

I have a white Tiger bought brand new that was almost original before major
disassembly for restoration.  The car has been painted and is being
reassembled so I can get some pretty good pictures of original sheet metal
very easily.  There is no interior, engine, gas tanks, windshield frame,
dash and minimal wiring installed right now.  I've got a pretty good
collection of digital cameras and lights here so I can take some pretty good
pictures if someone can guide me with a list of shots they feel would be of
benefit.  My only limitation is that my garage is crammed so the ability to
take long shots would be limited.  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]