Subject: [Tigers] Feedback on nisonger instruments

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 11:50:35 -0400

Over the years I've heard that these are the guys for rebuilding smiths
instruments but never needed them as I tend to get gauges done from a great
cheap guy in the uk.

I recently had them convert my anticlockwise smiths RVI tachometer from my
c-type jaguar to the later RVC style so it will work with the crane
electronic ignition I'm using.  The converted tach works very well and is
very stable.  However they unnecessarily painted the housing and the black
paint is dripped and badly applied on the bezel.  A bit disappointing.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 14:03:26 -0400 (EDT)

I had them do a speedometer.  It came out extremely accurate, but they  
left a white spot of something on the inside of the glass.  It was a small  
deal, but not what I expected from a company that pretty much claims  
perfection.
M

In a message dated 11/3/2012 1:43:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 17:25:17 -0500

Folks;
I had Peter Bayer rebuild my Tiger clock and Smiths Tach.  My experience is
they do great work, the instruments look excellent.  This is sometimes
difficult to do, but I have to recommend that you contact Peter to make
things right.  I believe he will.
Jim
1966 Mk 1a

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Owain Lloyd
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Feedback on nisonger instruments

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:08:38 -0500 (EST)

The 3 people that have commented on the "Less than perfect job" of  
Nisonger, myself included, have mentioned that the dissatisfaction with service  
has been in the cosmetic end of the product.  It seems to me  that flaws in 
the  cosmetics should be the easiest part to detect and  correct. . Before a 
product is shipped, ask the office secretary to give it a  quick "look over". 
 That part of the service is not rocket science.   And for the top-end 
price that they charge, things should be returned looking  about like new.
Mark L

In a message dated 11/3/2012 9:42:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

>>>I stated two matters of fact and then he ordered me not  to speak any 
>>>more.<<<

It seems sir you omitted  a third fact. You implied that those who did not 
agree with you were  "nit-pickers."  Likely that is the source of the  
consternation.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Marc  James Small" <[email-masked]>
To: "Buck Trippel"  <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Tiger List List"  <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:19  PM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Feedback on nisonger instruments

>  At 10:10 PM 11/3/2012, Buck Trippel wrote:
> >Perhaps Marc, the  reason for Owain's reply is rooted in your 
demonstrated
> >ability to  formulate opinions that completely disregard the facts.
> >
>  >pardon me for jumping in,
> >
>
> Thanks, Buck, for  your commentary.  I have a long
> history with Nisonger, going back  to the '60's,
> but not one so constant that they would know
>  me.  All I did in my post was to point out that
> Nisonger was the  US agency for Smith's
> Instruments (not opinion:  fact) and that I  had
> had good service for them servicomg  VDO
> instruments  (not opinion:  fact).  So, why Owain
> dumped on me, I do not  know. I stated two matters
> of fact and then he ordered me not to speak  any
> more.  Wow.  And you stand on his side?  So much  for free speech!
>
> Marc
>
>
>  [email-masked]
> Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!

[email-masked]

[email-masked]