Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clutch Release Fork

From: Karl Adey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:15:01 -0500 FILETIME=[1F2DAA80:01CDC814]

Apparently when the throw-out bearing seized on the Tiger in the early 90s, it
wore down the clutch fork beyond tolerance.  Now I need a 'new' fork, clutch,
clutch plate and throwout bearing.  I know that some of those parts are
available from SS.  I was told that I should switch from a 3 finger to a
diaphram clutch and that perhaps a larger clutch may help also.  I can't find
a fork (P/N C3AZ-7515-A I assume).  Anyone have any ideas?Karl AdeyMk1
Original 260 with original 5 bolt trans.
As a side note, I can't seem to be able to search the Tigers Archive.  I read
that the search feature had been fixed a while ago, is that not the case?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:17:39 -0500

Karl
	Mustangtek.com shows this for that fork.
64-65 260 Mustang

63-64 260 Ford Fairlane Falcon

65-67 all_6cyl Fairlane w/HD_clutch

 10" long

 C3AZ-7515-A

I don't know how accurate the information.

Macsautoparts.com lists a C3DZ-7515-B for a 260 Comet but there is no
description to know if it is compatible.

Have you looked in an interchange parts book to see if the C3AZ part was
updated by Ford?

As for the Archive Mark is working on that; it is possible that it is not
fully functional or totally up to date.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Karl Adey
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:15 PM
To: The LIST Post
Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clutch Release Fork

Apparently when the throw-out bearing seized on the Tiger in the early 90s,
it wore down the clutch fork beyond tolerance.  Now I need a 'new' fork,
clutch, clutch plate and throwout bearing.  I know that some of those parts
are available from SS.  I was told that I should switch from a 3 finger to a
diaphram clutch and that perhaps a larger clutch may help also.  I can't
find a fork (P/N C3AZ-7515-A I assume).  Anyone have any ideas?Karl AdeyMk1
Original 260 with original 5 bolt trans. As a side note, I can't seem to be
able to search the Tigers Archive.  I read that the search feature had been
fixed a while ago, is that not the case?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2793 / Virus Database: 2629/5907 - Release Date: 11/20/12
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:57:36 +0000 (UTC)

Karl, 

Along with the others you have talked to, I also encourage you to go with a diaphragm style replacement clutch. A lot of people seem to like the one that Centerforce makes. That is what I have used and am quite happy. No affiliation. 

I am assuming you are pulling the engine and trans to replace the clutch. There is a way to replace it without doing that, but I for one have tried it and don't particularly recommend it for the do-it-yourselfer. 

I would recommend that you replace the clutch pivot bracket in the bell housing if you can while doing the clutch. The factory one is a pretty weak piece and is riveted in place. They have been known to break. Stronger ones are available and mount with bolts. Hate to see you have to go to all the removal trouble again later just to replace a broken pivot bracket. 

Gene 
----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Adey" <[email-masked]> 
To: "The LIST Post" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:15:01 PM 
Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clutch Release Fork 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]