Subject: [Tigers] Disc Brake Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 15:02:02 -0700 (PDT)

I recently replaced the front rotors with Sunbeam Specialties parts.  I.
also bought the new pads.
My question is have any of you experienced problem of getting enough space
between the new pads to slide on to the new rotors using the SS parts?
I removed the calipers and pushed the pistons as far in as possible but still
lack about .1 inch to slide on to the rotor.
 
Any suggestions would be welcome
 
B9472723 
 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 18:53:56 -0400

Do you have one of those screw spreaders for the calipers or are you just
levering them open? If that tool still doesn't open them enough perhaps
there is some corrosion on the piston blocking it from entering fully?

On Saturday, November 3, 2012, wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 10:24:36 -0500

Larry
	We will always come across variations in the dimensions of parts; it
is part of the manufacturing process.  I have seen some pads that the backer
plate was too wide to float in the caliper correctly and I had to file down
the edges to make the fit properly.   The pads must float in the caliper.

	I measured a new pad I have, it is .6" thick.  I made a quick
measurement of a caliper which gave me a max thickness of a pad at .7".   I
would guess that the pads should not be any thicker than .65" max to fit in
the caliper.  I think the thickness of the rotor is around .5".  Maybe you
need to measure all the components.

	The pistons should push in until the rubber boot almost puckers up
or about .1" up out of the bore.  If your pistons are not pushing in that
far; first crack the bleeder valve to see if they will push in further if
not time to look at a caliper rebuild.  The pads should be around .6" thick
if not sand them thinner with a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Disc Brake Question

I recently replaced the front rotors with Sunbeam Specialties parts.  I.
also bought the new pads. My question is have any of you experienced problem
of getting enough space between the new pads to slide on to the new rotors
using the SS parts? I removed the calipers and pushed the pistons as far in
as possible but still lack about .1 inch to slide on to the rotor.

B9472723

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2742 / Virus Database: 2617/5869 - Release Date: 11/02/12
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]