Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water Wetter

From: Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:02:22 -0800 (PST)

Do not just run water wetter in a freezing environment! It offers little or no
freeze protection :)

I forgot that eveyone does not live in Southern
California, eventhough the 
freeways seem like they do...

Sandy

-----
Original Message ----
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Sent: Fri, November 9, 2012 11:55:59 AM
Subject: Re:
[Tigers] Water Wetter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most of these
replies come from people who 
do not do much skiing each winter in their
neighborhoods?  What about the 
freezing point?  And does WW raise the boiling
point like a blend of Prestone 
will?

Stu
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:28:20 +0000

Hi Stu,
The coolant pressure has more effect on boiling point than the glycol
concentration.
http://avenger-valkyrie.org/techinfo/antifreeze.htm

This is why a higher pressure radiator cap is effective in solving some of the
Tiger's cooling ills... but you have to be careful that you don't have a
heater core blowout. The heater core box ends are not well braced for high
pressures. Another approach is to replumb the cooling system so the radiator
cap is situated on the water pump inlet side; you gain system pressure
corresponding to whatever would be lost across the radiator core. Still,
higher pressure is higher pressure, and the heater may not like it.

Cheers,
Theo

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]