Subject: Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?

From: J D Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:25:06 -0800

Certainly better looking than what was there before.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=735598a95e0c2d86#cid=735598A95E0C2D86&id=735598A95E0C2D86%21164

JD

At 04:59 PM 11/4/2012, Curt Bowland wrote:
>I am a bit amazed that people have not thought about the possibility that this
>person wanted to "advertise" the fact his car had been TAC'd in a bit of a
>more individual or visible way. And yes, the location of the 'real' sticker is
>a bit of a PITA to view......at least mine is. This said, why do so many have
>their shorts in a knot for what would appear to be the obvious. Yes, he could
>have taken a picture of the sticker and put it under his winshield
>wiper............I think the sticker looks a lot better IMHO.
>
>Curt in Chicago
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:27:58 -0600

I fully expect to ruffle some feathers with this next comment, but I want to
take Curt's comment to the next level. I hope that the readers will take this
with not only grain of salt, but also with a slight sense of humor. It's not
meant to be a jab at the Sunbeam community, on the contrary even though I'm
not a major contributor I hope that everyone will understand that I find humor
in it.

But I am a member of about 5 different automotive clubs and followings. And
the Sunbeam crowd is by far, without question the most scrutinizing and
critical of other peoples cars. At least on this particular list. Most
conversations begins with the assumption that the person is striving for
perfect originality and anything that deviates from that must be a mistake, a
shortcoming, or an attempt to mislead others. Parts missing, ride height to
high or too low, emblems crooked, stickers in the wrong place order of unknown
origin, shade of paint not exactly as it should be for specific code.

It's absolutely possible that the owner of the car has intended for all of
these things to be a certain way and it just isn't in keeping with what the
masses think it should be.

Honestly, it makes me laugh.

Cullen

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Curt Bowland <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 03:11:23 +0000

Hi Cullen -
Really? I find that surprising. To be sure, there are members on this mailing
list that will quickly remind everyone that such-and-such a detail is not
stock or not necessarily a desirable feature. However, you'll mostly see that
in response to eBay or live-auction listings where a given car is described
with maybe a bit too much hyperbole.

At the various Sunbeam and other classic-car events I've attended, modified or
personalized Tigers far outnumber the showroom restorations, and from what I
can tell most people appreciate the efforts put forth by the owners,
regardless of the direction that particular car was taken. I can assure you
that most everything I've done on my Tiger was done with deliberate intent,
and to a  standard that represented the best of my ability, equipment, time,
and finances at the time I did it. Nobody else has to like it... it's my car.

I've been looking into electric car conversions lately. The Tiger would be a
pretty nasty thing with a siamesed 9" motor setup... since I don't drive it in
winter, the low-temperature issues with batteries are not so much an issue. I
could even use the original air cleaner assembly for the motor cooling air
intake.

Cheers,
Theo

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 03:12:07 +0000

Hi JD,
Was that a state DMV issued ID plate?

-Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of J D Johnson
> Sent: November 4, 2012 7:25 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 21:51:17 -0600

Hi Theo.

Well, I'm sure perspectives vary. My impression from watching the commentary
for a few years now is that most owners are striving for originality as close
as possible. But my basis for comparison is poor because my other car
interests are ones that are very rarely seen restored to original condition.

But like I said, it's just an impression. Not meant to be rude. Just got on
the classic bronco forum, or Pantera form, or it could kit car forum, etc, I
don't see as many discussions where somebody else's build is so..... picked
apart, at least not to the extent of questioning the owners intent... "Why
would they do this".. Do people need a reason to put a plaque on the cowl?

This discussion about the plaque on the cowl of this red car was just
something I never hear on those other discussion boards.

Sent from my iPad

[email-masked]

---

From: J D Johnson <[email-masked]> rmin.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:21:26 -0800

You've got me Theo.  If it was, removing it to mount the 
"advertisement" doesn't seem too thought out.

JD

At 07:12 PM 11/4/2012, Smit, Theo wrote:
>This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material 
>for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the 
>intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, 
>distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. 
>If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender 
>and delete all copies.
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:10:13 -0500

To offer an outside perspective and since I don't know who the plsyers are,
this IMHO.
I'm here to learn about Tigers because I'm shopping for one.
I own a Pantera and 5 other collectable cars, the key part of that is "I
OWN".  These ae MY cars and if you don't like whaf I've done to them, I
don't care.
Some of you come across worse than the mean little old ladies in Mayberry
who made Aunt Bea cry...shame on you.
Do what you want with your car, I saw a beautiful Tiger yesterday at the
HHI concours, looked perfect in every way, nice owner who was willing to
share and discuss his restoration efforts with photos.
I'd be proud to own it, then I'd change it to suit my own desires.
Better intake and carb, nicer and more breathable aircleaner assembly
And add an MSD ignition system.
( and know that these original parts would be boxed and saved, for I
understand that I am merely a caretaker of the car ).
Be thankful that anybody is buying, maintaining and restoring these cars
and keeping them relevant. Celebrate your shared passions and stop being
judgemental. There is room for everybody. The market will always decide
values and if you want to make them really valuable, just start buying and
crushing them, when you get down to 6 or so, like a Cobra Daytona or 39
like a Ferrari GTO,  then you can all count your money and cogratulate
yourself that you now own a car that is too valuable to actually drive.

Michael
On Nov 5, 2012 1:47 AM, "J D Johnson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> You've got me Theo.  If it was, removing it to mount the "advertisement"
> doesn't seem too thought out.
>
> JD
>
>> > https://skydrive.live.com/?**cid=735598a95e0c2d86#cid=**
>> 735598A95E0C2D86&id<https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=735598a95e0c2d86#cid=735598A95E0C2D86&id>
>> > =735598A95E0C2D86%21164
>> >
>> >
>> > JD
>> >
>>
>>
>> ______________________________**__
>>
>> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
>> sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
>> please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
>> e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
>> error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
>>
> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**options/tigers/michael@**
> michaelshortt.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]