Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:24:31 -0800 (PST)

This is a request from tiger dummy to all the knowledgeable folks out there. 
Is there such a place as a 'photo' gallery of a stock\original pictures by
engine, brakes, suspension areas etc that people could refer to when doing
work on their cars?
 
Of course the manuals get down to the specifics of each individual part with
pictures, but say I wanted to see how\where brake\fuel lines are run, fuel
pump\carburetor plumbing\routing, location of things in the engine compartment
etc - that overview of pictures, I have not found.
 
Any thoughts on this?  Is it out there anywhere?
 
Joel
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:22:29 +0000

Joel:

AFAIK, no such photo inventory exists, but from my own experience would be extremely useful.

There is a series of books on  car and motorcycle marques which deliver just such photographs and written descriptions called "Original (MGB or Triumph or Austin Healey or Ducati...) But no Alpine or Tiger.

A few years ago I suggested we create a similar on-line inventory of just such photos to Steve Laifman when he was the editor of the TU website,  and in his inimitable and diplomatic way suggested it would be a great job for me!

Well, far be it for me to shirk my responsibility to this Tiger group to pay back in some way for all the invaluable help I have received over the past 10 years during which I have been restoring my Tiger.  But the task proved beyond daunting to a guy that has the only known Tiger for 800 miles, and which example would never suffice as a model for another's restorer's needs!

But there are thousands of photos on the net that a good sleuth could uncover to create just such an inventory.

What we really need is for an owner of an original, unmolested Tiger to photograph the car in intimate detail, stem to stern, starboard to larboard and throw them up on the TU or CAT or TE/AE website for all to reference and download.

Many of these photographs exist already, but it would be a serious undertaking to find them, clear copywrite permissions etc and properly file them for easy reference and accessibility.

Got any free time Joel?
Anyone else have any good ideas?

Dave

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

 
 
Joel

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:28:26 -0800 (PST)

Buck
 
Thanks for the update - any pictures at all regarding brake and fuel line
routing.  That is next on my list to install while I have access to a lift and
before I have to move car from paint\body shop.
 
I bought the brake line kit from SS and plan to up the fuel line size from
5/16" to 3/8" due to 65 HiPo motor and thinking about a Holly Red electric
fuel pump 12-801-1 with a fuel filter before inlet and one at the 'front right
side of of engine' but not sure where that is and which filters would be
period correct.
 
Any ideas or pictures to get me over the hump.
 
Again, thanks for the reply.
 
Joel

--- On Thu, 11/29/12, Buck Trippel <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Buck Trippel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery
To: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 2:59 PM

Hi Joel,

As far as I know, the answer right now is "no".

However a group of us (mostly CAT members) have been working on that project,
collecting suitable pictures for the past several years. (not that this helps
you now. Sorry!)

Our plan is to post low res versions on the TU site. Then we will give each of
the clubs high res DVDs that they can distribute to their members as they see
fit. Most of these pictures are on a computer of mine that blew up early this
year and I've just got working again.

Our main problem is time but finding what we consider suitable cars has also
been a challenge. (I still would like to find a beautiful MK1 in a light
color, like white or med. blue.)

Time:
I'm running a Tiger racing program and will probably again do another year as
the CAT president. Most of us just went to England to work at the Rootes
Archive and we're also involved in re-writing the CAT Shop Notes.
I'm also trying to get a new contractor to build a batch of stainless Tiger
headers for CAT.  I'm involved in a number of Tiger projects and the photo
project has been on a back burner because it's a low priority not to mention
my computer problems.

I doubt we'll do much more on the photos before January.

Buck Trippel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:24 AM
Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:41:26 -0800 (PST)

Dave
 
Thanks for the response.  Free time with a tiger just coming out of the
paint\body shop and owner pressing you to get the car out, the short answer is
NO.  I have installed engine, trans, front cross member, rear end and drive
shaft, while I have access to his lift.
 
My plan right or wrong is to get the gas tanks in (which are being recoated as
we speak), upgrade gas line to 3/8" from 5/16" due to 65 HiPo motor and
install a Holly Red Electric fuel pump 12-801-1 ---What do you all think? 
Rebuild autolite 4100 Carb - any good suggestions as to vendors?
 
Then install carb, brake booster, clutch and brake master then off the muffler
shop to install 2" SS pipes\clamps etc with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
(part nos?? that fit tiger with h-pipe per the photos on TU?  I would like to
get the correct cut\angle of the tips if anyone knows what those are?  Plus
the exact measurements of how far the tips are to stick out the back and
measured from where?  The muffler shop will also install the brake and fuel
lines but I do not know the routings to show him the correct locations?  Thus
the email questions.
 
Any help\pictures would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thanks
Joel

--- On Thu, 11/29/12, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery
To: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 3:22 PM

Joel:

AFAIK, no such photo inventory exists, but from my own experience would be
extremely useful.

There is a series of books on  car and motorcycle marques which deliver just
such photographs and written descriptions called "Original (MGB or Triumph or
Austin Healey or Ducati...) But no Alpine or Tiger.

A few years ago I suggested we create a similar on-line inventory of just such
photos to Steve Laifman when he was the editor of the TU website,  and in his
inimitable and diplomatic way suggested it would be a great job for me!

Well, far be it for me to shirk my responsibility to this Tiger group to pay
back in some way for all the invaluable help I have received over the past 10
years during which I have been restoring my Tiger.  But the task proved beyond
daunting to a guy that has the only known Tiger for 800 miles, and which
example would never suffice as a model for another's restorer's needs!

But there are thousands of photos on the net that a good sleuth could uncover
to create just such an inventory.

What we really need is for an owner of an original, unmolested Tiger to
photograph the car in intimate detail, stem to stern, starboard to larboard
and throw them up on the TU or CAT or TE/AE website for all to reference and
download.

Many of these photographs exist already, but it would be a serious undertaking
to find them, clear copywrite permissions etc and properly file them for easy
reference and accessibility.

Got any free time Joel?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

Of course the manuals get down to the specifics of each individual part with
pictures, but say I wanted to see how\where brake\fuel lines are run, fuel
pump\carburetor plumbing\routing, location of things in the engine
compartment
etc - that overview of pictures, I have not found.

Joel

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:50:54 -0500 (EST)

I think if you are going to put a filter "before the inlet" then that area  
probably won't be period correct (but in my opinion a worthwhile  
concession).  If you do put a filter there you might also consider a shut  off valve 
before the filter.  Really handy when you want to disconnect the  fuel line 
for any reason and you have a full tank.
Mark

In a message dated 11/29/2012 3:34:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Buck

Thanks for the update - any pictures at all regarding  brake and fuel line
routing.  That is next on my list to install while  I have access to a lift 
and
before I have to move car from paint\body  shop.

I bought the brake line kit from SS and plan to up the fuel line  size from
5/16" to 3/8" due to 65 HiPo motor and thinking about a Holly Red  electric
fuel pump 12-801-1 with a fuel filter before inlet and one at the  'front 
right
side of of engine' but not sure where that is and which  filters would be
period correct.

Joel

Hi Joel,

However a group of us (mostly CAT members) have been  working on that 
project,
collecting suitable pictures for the past several  years. (not that this 
helps
you now. Sorry!)

Our plan is to post low  res versions on the TU site. Then we will give 
each of
the clubs high res  DVDs that they can distribute to their members as they 
see
fit. Most of  these pictures are on a computer of mine that blew up early 
this
year and  I've just got working again.

Our main problem is time but finding what  we consider suitable cars has 
also
been a challenge. (I still would like to  find a beautiful MK1 in a light
color, like white or med.  blue.)

Time:
I'm running a Tiger racing program and will probably  again do another year 
as
the CAT president. Most of us just went to England  to work at the Rootes
Archive and we're also involved in re-writing the CAT  Shop Notes.
I'm also trying to get a new contractor to build a batch of  stainless Tiger
headers for CAT.  I'm involved in a number of Tiger  projects and the photo
project has been on a back burner because it's a low  priority not to 
mention
my computer problems.

Buck Trippel

compartment

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:30:44 +0000

Ho ho I am not surprised you are up to your ears in it Joel!

Your build path and parts list sound great - have at it. Many of us have specific photos you can use - I would suggest you ask for very specific pics and see what you get. I will watch for what you need and will respond if I have what you need.

Beat of luck with your resto!

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:41:26 
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

Dave
 
Thanks for the response.  Free time with a tiger just coming out of the paint\body shop and owner pressing you to get the car out, the short answer is NO.  I have installed engine, trans, front cross member, rear end and drive shaft, while I have access to his lift.
 
My plan right or wrong is to get the gas tanks in (which are being recoated as we speak), upgrade gas line to 3/8" from 5/16" due to 65 HiPo motor and install a Holly Red Electric fuel pump 12-801-1 ---What do you all think?  Rebuild autolite 4100 Carb - any good suggestions as to vendors? 
 
Then install carb, brake booster, clutch and brake master then off the muffler shop to install 2" SS pipes\clamps etc with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers (part nos?? that fit tiger with h-pipe per the photos on TU?  I would like to get the correct cut\angle of the tips if anyone knows what those are?  Plus the exact measurements of how far the tips are to stick out the back and measured from where?  The muffler shop will also install the brake and fuel lines but I do not know the routings to show him the correct locations?  Thus the email questions.

Thanks
Joel

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery
To: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 3:22 PM

Joel:

Got any free time Joel?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

Joel

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:55:10 -0500

Joel
	Sometimes the picture gallery of Tigers for sale show undercarriage;
you might want to look for any Tiger listed online.

	The original fuel filter for both Mk I and II is C2RZ-9155-A with
clinch type hose clamps.  Today's equivalent is Fram G2 for 5/16" fuel line.
You would need a different filter for the 3/8" line.  I believe I have a
picture of the stock location of the fuel filter for a MK I.  I will do a
search and send separately.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:28 PM
To: Buck Trippel
Cc: Tiger List Serve
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

Buck

Thanks for the update - any pictures at all regarding brake and fuel line
routing.  That is next on my list to install while I have access to a lift
and before I have to move car from paint\body shop.

I bought the brake line kit from SS and plan to up the fuel line size from
5/16" to 3/8" due to 65 HiPo motor and thinking about a Holly Red electric
fuel pump 12-801-1 with a fuel filter before inlet and one at the 'front
right side of of engine' but not sure where that is and which filters would
be period correct.

Joel

[email-masked]