Subject: [Tigers] TAC plate

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 05:45:37 -0500

Speaking as a TAC inspector, but not for the TAC committee, I hope the owner
of this car has just gotten carried away, and has the real TAC sticker installed
on the car where it's supposed to be.

We're good(and don't forget humble) but we usually don't know the VIN of the
inspected cars until the point of inspection, and so can't bring TAC plates
to them with one's VIN and certificate number pre-stenciled.

There's also the issue of WHY the owner did this. Were they showing the TAC
sticker to so many aging buyers with bad backs, that they were filling the local
E.R.?

You know what I regret? That I couldn't be out in S.F. to see Tom Hall's, Norm's,
and Patrick King's reaction when they saw this plate for the first time. I would
have bought a round of drinks for all. Darn.

Rande
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]