Subject: [Tigers] Photos of Tiger chassis

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:03:38 -0500

Hi,

A couple of points, and I hope not to ruffle any feathers.

A couple of posters implied that while Joel needed dependable pictures of how
things like brake line and fuel line were routed, to be period correct, Rootes/Jensen
would ocassionally deviate from the usual setup, so even original factory photos-if
they ever existed- wouldn't solve his dilemma(sp). Realizing that Tigers were
built on an assembly line, albeit a slow one, would anyone, other than a Tiger-specific
restorer (Bill Martin, Norm, Dale, Paul R., Mr, Hall) ever come across this?

I, for one, doubt that there was any significant change, at least with the Tiger
1 and 1A, other than the booster mounting, starting around #1233 on the 1A.

Another issue is the job of photographing our cars. The car has been out at
least 45 years. At this point, and probably before, it should have been the
job of individual owners to take advantage of the photos of cars for sale with
detailed images of suspension and chassis, and create their own library, together
with the photos taken pre-restoration of their own car. If there is any question
about 'borrowing' photos from a commercial website, you could always ask for
permission and tell the site why you would like the photos. Remember the red
Mark II from Fantasy Junction for sale recently. Did anyone save those photos?

Another issue relates to keeping your old parts. One of the first tech tips
in the C.A.T. Shop Notes book reads something like, "don't throw anything out.
Save it, even if it's broken. It can always serve as a template."

Look, a lot of you are friends I've made at various Tiger meets, and I know
this may read as a rant, but documenting our cars, in the end, needs to be an
individual effort, we can't leave it to organized groups who intend to do it
for us, but can't.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:38:15 -0500

Rande
	All good points.   We do have to remember that every Tiger is a
different case.   Some could be a basket case with little reference material
to well kept needing just some TLC.

We all need to be doing a better job of documenting everything about our
cars.  The problem can be what details need documentation.  I sure don't
know them all but I get a better idea every day I think about it.

	I restored my Tiger 35 some years ago.   I had a 35mm camera, I did
take some picture but I had little concern about details.  I owned a Tiger
and I wanted it back on the road, now, was my attitude.  I also had an
excellent memory than to assembly my Tiger where as now I have to remember
where I left my glasses.   I'm betting many of us are in the same boat.

	Today we have digital cameras, computers and the internet to assist
us.  These all make it easier to document our cars and produce better Tech
Tips.   Today many of us are paying more attention to the little details and
trying to rediscover the history of these cars.   If each of us does a
little here and there, we help everyone in the long run.   Someday we may
get this all organized in one location.  Some of that organization is still
developing.   We can do better and we will; it just takes time and effort.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of rande
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 1:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Photos of Tiger chassis

Hi,

A couple of posters implied that while Joel needed dependable pictures of
how things like brake line and fuel line were routed, to be period correct,
Rootes/Jensen would ocassionally deviate from the usual setup, so even
original factory photos-if they ever existed- wouldn't solve his
dilemma(sp). Realizing that Tigers were built on an assembly line, albeit a
slow one, would anyone, other than a Tiger-specific restorer (Bill Martin,
Norm, Dale, Paul R., Mr, Hall) ever come across this?

I, for one, doubt that there was any significant change, at least with the
Tiger 1 and 1A, other than the booster mounting, starting around #1233 on
the 1A.

Another issue is the job of photographing our cars. The car has been out at
least 45 years. At this point, and probably before, it should have been the
job of individual owners to take advantage of the photos of cars for sale
with detailed images of suspension and chassis, and create their own
library, together with the photos taken pre-restoration of their own car. If
there is any question about 'borrowing' photos from a commercial website,
you could always ask for permission and tell the site why you would like the
photos. Remember the red Mark II from Fantasy Junction for sale recently.
Did anyone save those photos?

Another issue relates to keeping your old parts. One of the first tech tips
in the C.A.T. Shop Notes book reads something like, "don't throw anything
out. Save it, even if it's broken. It can always serve as a template."

Look, a lot of you are friends I've made at various Tiger meets, and I know
this may read as a rant, but documenting our cars, in the end, needs to be
an individual effort, we can't leave it to organized groups who intend to do
it for us, but can't. _______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2793 / Virus Database: 2634/5928 - Release Date: 11/30/12
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]