Subject: [Tigers] Chicago Auction Tiger

From: "Curt Bowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 15:19:08 -0500

While I did not personally lay eyes on the car I WAS surprised at the low
price it went for.

A comment was made in an earlier post about authenticity. The comment made by
Mecom or maybe the owner was to the effect that the car was in the "registry".
You know what, ALL Tigers are in the "registry", which would be the BON. They
did not state that it was a TAC'd Tiger.

Now to that end the serial number given is in the BON and one that provides no
information. I would guess that the car was a west coast car for a number of
years. Mecom copy states restored in 2000 and photo documentation of the
restoration accompany the car. Remember it was signed by George Fellehy and he
died in 1993 if I am not mistaken.

Dana Mecom has had more than average experience and personally owned one
before he built his auction business. I am sure he does all in his power to
make sure he is not selling Algers. I would be willing to bet that Mecom has
sold more Tigers than any other auction house.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]