Subject: [Tigers] Fw: CARROLL SHELBY PASSES AWAY

From: Paul R Sheahan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 13:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

If you haven't heard, he is a news release from SAAC

Paul
Paul R Sheahan

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, SAAC <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: SAAC <[email-masked]>
Subject: CARROLL SHELBY PASSES AWAY
To: "Paul Sheahan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, May 11, 2012, 4:02 PM

Dear Paul ,

LEGENDARY ENTREPRENEUR CARROLL SHELBY PASSES AWAY

LOS ANGELESb May 11,2012 b Carroll Shelby International, Inc., (OTC:
CSBI.PK) announced today that Carroll Hall Shelby, a man whose vision for
performance transformed the automobile industry, has died at age 89. B  Mr.
Shelby passed away yesterday at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. The cause of death
was not disclosed.B 

Born on Jan. 11, 1923, Carroll Shelby was one of Americabs greatest success
stories. B Championship-winning racecar driver, bflying sergeantb wartime
pilot, philanthropist, entrepreneur, car manufacturer and racing team owner,
he embodied the ingenuity, tenacity and grit to overcome any obstacle. B He is
perhaps the only person to have worked at a visible level with all three major
American automobile manufacturers. B 
B Carroll Shelby founded Carroll Shelby International, a publicly held
corporation involved in many industries. B His licensing arm has agreements
with industry giants, such as Mattel, Sony, Ford Motor Company and Electronic
Arts. B His car company, Shelby American, has a thriving parts business as
well as a line of muscle cars including the Shelby GT500 Super Snake, Shelby
GT350 and Shelby GTS. B The Las Vegas-based company also manufactures a
limited number of the 1960s Shelby 289 bstreet,b 289 FIA, 427 S/C and
Daytona Coupe Cobras.

Shelby considered his greatest achievement to be the establishment of the
Carroll Shelby Foundationb". B Createdin 1992 while Shelby was waiting for a
heart transplant, the charity is dedicated to providing medical assistance for
those in need, including children, educational opportunities for young people
through automotive and other training programsandbenefitting the Carroll
Shelby Automotive Foundation.

Shelby remained active in the management of each of his companies and the
Foundation until his death, even though he endured both heart and kidney
transplants in the last two decades of his life. B 

bWe are all deeply saddened, and feel a tremendous sense of loss for
Carrollbs family, ourselves and the entire automotive industry,b said Joe
Conway, president of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. and board member.
B bThere has been no one like Carroll Shelby and never will be. B However,
we promised Carroll we would carry on, and he put the team, the products and
the vision in place to do just that.b

Shelby is survived by his three children Patrick, Michael and Sharon, his
sister Anne Shelby Ellison of Fort Worth and his wife Cleo. B Funeral plans
are not currently available. B Donations to the Carroll Shelby Foundation are
encouraged in lieu of flowers. B Information about the Carroll Shelby
Foundation is available at www.carrollshelbyfoundation.org.B 

Unsubscribe
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]