Subject: [Tigers] Shelby story

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:35:09 -0700

For those of you that doubt that Shelby had much interest in Tigers.

In 1993, CAT was sharing a track day at Willow Springs with the Cobra club.
Shelby was there raising money for his heart fund, ten bucks at a time,
signing pictures and signs and whatever you brought him.  I waited until
things died down, then drove my Tiger to where Shelby was.  I was expecting
a quick flick of the wrist and on to the next autograph, but Shelby and I
talked Tiger for what seemed like 5 minutes, although I'm sure it was closer
to a couple of minutes.  The whole time we're surrounded by Cobra club guys,
Shelby is making comments like, "This is really a nice Tiger", "I'd rather
drive a Tiger any day", "Tigers drive better than Cobras".  I never once
thought it was a put on.we were surrounded by Cobra owners!  Carroll Shelby
dug Tigers!!  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Somebody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 03:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

I hope Tim Suddard is saving these bits for a story on CS and the ST. It would
be a great story with members stories added in plus some history thrown in as
wel etc etc- Tim knows how to produce the article- I hope you will do so TS.
TtT

--- On Thu, 5/17/12, Kirk Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Kirk Smith <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Shelby story
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 8:35 PM

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:12:00 -0500

One of my few encounters with Mr. Shelby he told me "he always had a soft
spot in his heart for Tigers".

Jerry Christopherson
9473187 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Kirk Smith
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Shelby story

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Carrol Shelby did not dig my Tiger.  he did not know it existed.  I dig it and
that is all that matters.   Gary B9472283.  cat 311..Bought 1985.    I  Did
not want a shelby.   Still don't. I have my Crossfires..

--- On Fri, 5/18/12, Jerry Mo Christopherson <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Jerry Mo Christopherson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shelby story
To: "'Kirk Smith'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 4:12 PM

Jerry Christopherson
9473187

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]