Subject: [Tigers] Aftermarket Oil Filter Remote

From: Nathan Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 23:34:13 -0700

I'm looking to install a oil filter remote setup I bought off of Summit due to
putting headers in my Tiger. I get the impression that a lot of people have
relocated their filter to the front left wheel well and I was wondering if
anyone on the list had some pics of where and how they mounted their remote to
better assist me in determining exactly where I should be cutting holes.

Thanks,

Nathan Johnson
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:40:30 +1000

Front left wheel arch oil filter instal pic:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2840761250054462410uezWzS

On 31 May 2012 16:34, Nathan Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 23:44:23 -0700

Take a look at this thread on the CAT forum...some pics and ideas:

http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?p=6398#post6398

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Nathan Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Aftermarket Oil Filter Remote

I'm looking to install a oil filter remote setup I bought off of Summit due
to putting headers in my Tiger. I get the impression that a lot of people
have relocated their filter to the front left wheel well and I was wondering
if anyone on the list had some pics of where and how they mounted their
remote to better assist me in determining exactly where I should be cutting
holes.

Thanks,

Nathan Johnson

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 6:11:41 -0700

Nathan,

First check that the block adapter is thin enough to fit behind the headers,  Been there bought several until I found a thin one. Dale A.
Had one but it was pricey.  The stock one fits, but you have to use tubing flare fittings.

My filter was installed behind the drivers head light bucket. It bolts to the inner fender panel.
The holes for the hoses are just behind the Coolant reservoir, high up, just below the step for the hood.
I used ss braided hose and AN fittings.  I needed one fitting with a slight angle to clear the steering shaft.

I can shoot some pix this weekend.

Erich
---- Nathan Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Sandy Ganz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

Nathan 

I made one out of a Canton racing filter from a spare out of another car. While 
it doesn't look old it allows you to changes filters from the TOP and fits 
nicely on the block for more room. Made the bracket out of a small piece of 
aluminum that was copied from the head pattern (with a cardboard template). It 
was really easy with the jig saw. Drill a couple of holes and done. The bracket 
was a fancy billet one that Canton sells for the filters but they have the band 
clamps at a much lower price. 

For the filter adapter I have both the Canton which is a very good part but I 
suspect it will be too thick as other may have mentioned, but thier is another 
one that is made that is thiner, off hand can't remember the site but can dig it 
up. Was a nice billet part, but can't remeber the place as it was one of those 
names like "Performance Products" or "Competition Products" and it's impossible 
to find on the web as the name is so generic ;)

Here is the link to the work I did, you can also see the adapter on the engine 
in one of the pics-

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/TigerEngine.html

Sandy

----- Original Message ----
From: Nathan Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, May 30, 2012 11:34:33 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Aftermarket Oil Filter Remote

Thanks,

Nathan Johnson

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]