Subject: [Tigers] Lubes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 03:55:43 -0800

Back last century, I had a friend involved with endurance road racing.

In that endeavor, they had the chance to find out what DIDN'T work.

One of the first problem areas was front wheel bearing grease.

The heat of the brakes just killed the standard stuff in short order.

It was the early days of synthetic.

Mobile 1 synthetic wheel bearing grease was not easy to find, but it was
the early answer to the problem.

The grease still took a hell of a beating, but at least the bearings
would last.

...seals had to fend for themselves...

I have been using Mobile 1 synthetic grease and gear oil for the last 17
+ years of vintage road racing.

I can't say I have had a problem with the stuff.

And, I'm sure the synthetic of your choice will likely work for you also.

As far as amounts, I still can't find anyone who will sell me JUST 3 3/4
pints.

AND, using a little extra to rust proof the shop floor is usually the
case...

  DW
____________________________________________________________
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4f9fc17848fbcc36ac5st04vuc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]