Subject: [Tigers] Undercoating my MK1a?

From: Chris Mottram <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 09:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

I am getting ready to have some of my old, less than perfect, body work
redone. While I am at it, I am considering having the underside sprayed with
some hard undercoating that claims to encapsulate and stop rust and absorb
rock impacts (good for the wheel wells). I have typical light surface rust,
nothing major.  They can spray over the existing underside or sand and spray
with undercoat or paint.  Any experience or guidance here with doing this?
Since the car is 45 years old and has such limited rust, I assume that
encapsulation would be fine for another 45 years. Hopefully, I will be fine
for another 45 years too.

Thanks,
 
Chris
Dunwoody Cycling Video Channel
>http://www.youtube.com/user/cmottram?feature=guide
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Paulick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:20:54 -0400

Wheel wells only, otherwise you will hide structural damage.  Eastwood 
products are just fine and you can do it yourself.

Larry

On 5/13/12 12:51 PM, Chris Mottram wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]