Subject: [Spridgets] Balloting for Gary Kroph and Jim Donato Awards

From: Tom Wilcox via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2026 15:04:56 -0500

Hello Fellow Spridget Racers-

We are a month away from racing at Grattan and that means it is time
to vote for this year's Gary Kroph and Jim Donato Awards.  This year
we will again vote electronically. Please respond to ME with your vote
for the respective awards.  I will have plates engraved and applied to
the awards in advance of Grattan such that they can be presented to
the winner's with their names affixed.

As a reminder, the criteria for the awards is as follows:

Gary Kropf Spirit Award (started in 2015 in honor of Gary’s attitude)

Criteria: Promotes the Vintage Spirit, Assists others within the
paddock, with repairs,
parts, advice and encourages racers in making next session. Quick to
organize group
activities with race and banquet. Volunteers with VSCDA activities and
committees.

The Jim Donato Most Respected Driver (started in 2016 in honor of
Jim’s contribution)

Criteria: A driver that exemplifies the meaning of a Vintage Sports
Car Driver includes:
Predictable: Stays on racing line and points racers by when being passed or when
passing. Makes sure that when passing, the driver being overtaken
knows of his/her presence and allows room and good judgement.
Observant: Uses mirrors and is aware of others racing near them.
Respectful: Confirms that their race car is mechanically sound and
will not cause others to be injured from improper maintenance. Can sit
down with other competitors and enjoy their company after any session.
Objective: is open to other’s comments, drives defensively, adjusts
for conditions safely
regardless of other driver’s interaction.

Please give careful consideration to your nominees and advise me of
your choices via return e-mail.  Voting closes at midnight on July
29th.  I will tabulate them, have name plates engraved and we will
present at our award ceremony at lunch on Sunday August 16th.

Best regards,
Tom
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]