Subject: [Spridgets] HS2 and K&N Type Air Filters

From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 18:34:06 -0700

--===============2561307695365454664==

--000000000000cea51f06333fdd17

Had a set of HS2 carbs built by Jimmie Hilton for my rebuilt 1275 in my
Bugeye.  At just a few thousand miles a ring broke and the crankshaft
sheared off on the forward end.  The new motor (donated by a generous list
member) is sleeved and machined to standard dia.  I bought a set of
reproduction K&N cone type filters, but there seems to be a lack of
mounting screws that come with these filters.  The mechanic says I need
screws with heads that are flush.   I have not attempted to buy these
screws, nor know where to find them. Has anyone mounted these K&N
reproduction filters to their SU HS2 carbs?
Mike MacLean

--000000000000cea51f06333fdd17
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Had a set of HS2 carbs built by Jimmie Hilton for my rebu=
ilt 1275 in my Bugeye.=C2=A0 At just a few thousand miles a ring broke and =
the crankshaft sheared off on the forward end.=C2=A0 The new motor (donated=
 by a generous list member) is sleeved and machined to standard dia.=C2=A0 =
I bought a set of reproduction K&amp;N cone type filters, but there seems t=
o be a lack of mounting screws that come with these filters.=C2=A0 The mech=
anic says I need screws with heads that are flush.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I have not a=
ttempted to buy these screws, nor know where to find them. Has anyone mount=
ed these K&amp;N reproduction filters to their SU HS2 carbs?<div dir=3D"aut=
o">Mike MacLean</div></div>

--000000000000cea51f06333fdd17--

--===============2561307695365454664==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============2561307695365454664==--

---

From: "Bill L. via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 21:03:08 -0700

Hello Michael,

I used to do it but with real K&N filters. .. I added stub stacks and used allen headed bolts that fit down into the stack. .. 

The stack looked something like these, but without the air cleaner and base shown here. 

https://www.med-engineering.co.uk/products/hs2-stub-stack-system

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:[email-masked]

    * "Would you like to buy some cod?" asked Tom selfishly.

------------------------

[email-masked]