Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Past present and future- no LBC

From: Larry Macy via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 09:46:27 -0500

--===============4771302084847027113==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_16376A29-CA26-44DD-BAD6-9559F0837834"

--Apple-Mail=_16376A29-CA26-44DD-BAD6-9559F0837834
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Nory, 100% agree.=20

Larry

> On Feb 24, 2025, at 4:14=E2=80=AFPM, nory1--- via Spridgets =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Many of us in the US did not vote for this administration, and are =
terrified by what it is doing to our country and the rest of the world =
:(
>=20
> Nory
>=20
> -----------------------------------------
>=20
> From: "Weslake1330 via Spridgets"=20
> To: "Spridgets"
> Cc:=20
> Sent: Monday February 24 2025 3:54:49PM
> Subject: [Spridgets] Past present and future- no LBC
>=20
> Hi List,
>=20
> I was born in the early 1960s in a rural part of the country and it =
seems within walking distance of one of many nuclear missile stations =
here in England.  It was too soon for ICBMs so America had our friendly =
assistance in siting short range nuclear missiles in our country and =
within striking range of the USSR - THOR (lots on YouTube and the =
internet about THOR).
>=20
> I was at school for the moon landings and only decades later visited =
the place where Neil Armstrong's famous words  were first heard.  That =
place was not the USA but a British crown territory where the signal was =
received and then sent onto the USA.  The place was Ascension Island (at =
least one good fiction book was based on the island...).
>=20
> I was an enlisted serviceman in the RAF where I saw one of the last =
b&w photos of a Russian bear that had been live intercepted by a fighter =
from my squadron.  About the same time I saw a piece of rubbish concrete =
that arrived in the mail for a member of the squadron - it was a piece =
of the Berlin wall.
>=20
> The world order changed, the cold war ended and the world seemed a =
safer place and maybe for a while it was.  Terrorist attacks continued =
around the world and in various countries and still do.  So I guess this =
is the present.
>=20
> The future seems less safe and so I wanted to write this e-mail.  My =
understanding is that lots of honest (not corrupt) and good countries =
are a friend of the USA.  Also the good countries (think of NATO members =
as a starting point) have the same common enemies as the USA does: Iran, =
North Korea, China (Peoples Republic of China) and Russia.  However I =
guess Iran and North Korea actually hate the USA and would like to nuke =
it and maybe one day they will try to, but not bother with England/the =
UK or Europe or maybe just not have enough missiles to try to do so.
>=20
> The Ukraine has been invaded in part by Russia and the only reason =
they haven't been totally taken over is because they fought back and had =
help and support from the USA and Europe.  The Ukraine might be on their =
last legs but in a different way so is Russia and they have both paid a =
hefty price to date.
>=20
> If you think back to my childhood where Europe was a willing buffer to =
help keep the USSR at bay who targeted missiles (now ICBMs and sub =
delivered) at the USA and Europe - it was a policy that worked.
>=20
> So what I don't understand is why the USA would now be so friendly to =
Russia.  Call the Ukraine a European problem and you might be right.  =
However, why be wholly on Russia's side who are propped up by North =
Korea who have undoubtedly gained money and most likely warfare =
expertise (nuclear and missile technology)?  Once Russia have what they =
want and so does North Korea, is the world a more dangerous place and is =
the USA less safe from rogue states than ever before?
>=20
> Regards
>=20
>=20
> Daniel
> ------------------------
>=20
> [email-masked]
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

=E2=80=94

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
[email-masked]

=E2=80=9CRemember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet,=E2=80=
=9D he said. =E2=80=9CTry to make sense of what you see and about what =
makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may =
seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. It matters =
that you don=E2=80=99t just give up.=E2=80=9D=20
~Stephen Hawking

--Apple-Mail=_16376A29-CA26-44DD-BAD6-9559F0837834
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">Nory, 100% =
agree.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Larry<br =
id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>On Feb 24, 2025, at 4:14=E2=80=AFPM, nory1--- via =
Spridgets &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><div>Many of us in the US did =
not vote for this administration, and are terrified by what it is doing =
to our country and the rest of the world =
:(<div><br></div><div>Nory<br><br><div =
class=3D"reply-new-signature"></div><p>-----------------------------------=
------</p>From: "Weslake1330 via Spridgets" =
<[email-masked]><br>To: "Spridgets"<br>Cc: <br>Sent: Monday =
February 24 2025 3:54:49PM<br>Subject: [Spridgets] Past present and =
future- no LBC<br><br>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,
<div><br></div>
<div>I was born in the early 1960s in a rural part of the country
and it seems within walking distance of one of many nuclear missile
stations here in England.&nbsp; It was too soon for ICBMs so
America had our friendly assistance in siting short range nuclear
missiles in our country and within striking range of the USSR -
THOR (lots on YouTube and the internet about THOR).</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>I was at school for the moon landings and only decades later
visited the place where Neil Armstrong's famous words&nbsp; were
first heard.&nbsp; That place was not the USA but a British crown
territory where the signal was received and then sent onto the
USA.&nbsp; The place was Ascension Island (at least one good
fiction book was based on the island...).</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>I was an enlisted serviceman in the RAF where I saw one of the
last b&amp;w photos of a Russian bear that had been live
intercepted by a fighter from my squadron.&nbsp; About the same
time I saw a piece of rubbish concrete that arrived in the mail for
a member of the squadron - it was a piece of the Berlin wall.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>The world order changed, the cold war ended and the world
seemed a safer place and maybe for a while it was.&nbsp; Terrorist
attacks continued around the world and in various countries and
still do.&nbsp; So I guess this is the present.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>The future seems less safe and so I wanted to write this
e-mail.&nbsp; My understanding is that lots of honest (not corrupt)
and good countries are a friend of the USA.&nbsp; Also the good
countries (think of NATO members as a starting point) have the same
common enemies as the USA does: Iran, North Korea, China (Peoples
Republic of China) and Russia.&nbsp; However I guess Iran and North
Korea actually hate the USA and would like to nuke it and maybe one
day they will try to, but not bother with England/the UK or Europe
or maybe just not have enough missiles to try to do so.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>The Ukraine has been invaded in part by Russia and the only
reason they haven't been totally taken over is because they fought
back and had help and support from the USA and Europe.&nbsp; The
Ukraine might be on their last legs but in a different way so is
Russia and they have both paid a hefty price to date.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>If you think back to my childhood where Europe was a willing
buffer to help keep the USSR at bay who targeted missiles (now
ICBMs and sub delivered) at the USA and Europe - it was a policy
that worked.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>So what I don't understand is why the USA would now be so
friendly to Russia.&nbsp; Call the Ukraine a European problem and
you might be right.&nbsp; However, why be wholly on Russia's side
who are propped up by North Korea who have undoubtedly gained money
and most likely warfare expertise (nuclear and missile
technology)?&nbsp; Once Russia have what they want and so does
North Korea, is the world a more dangerous place and is the USA
less safe from rogue states than ever before?</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Regards</div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Daniel</div>
</div>
</[email-masked]></div></div>
------------------------<br><br>[email-masked]<br><br>Donate: =
$12.75<br><br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets =
&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]<br></div></b=
lockquote></div><br><div>
<div style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;">=E2=80=94<br><br>Larry B. Macy, =
Ph.D.<br>[email-masked]<br><br><br>=E2=80=9CRemember to look up at the =
stars&nbsp;and not down at your feet,=E2=80=9D he said.&nbsp;=E2=80=9CTry =
to make sense of what you see&nbsp;and about what makes the =
universe&nbsp;exist. Be curious. And however&nbsp;difficult life may =
seem, there is always&nbsp;something you can do, and succeed&nbsp;at. It =
matters that you don=E2=80=99t just give&nbsp;up.=E2=80=9D&nbsp;<br>~Steph=
en Hawking<br><br></div>
</div>
<br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_16376A29-CA26-44DD-BAD6-9559F0837834--

--===============4771302084847027113==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4771302084847027113==--