Subject: [Spridgets] Microsoft software question - no LBC

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2025 20:06:07 +0000

--===============0561740556610634730==

--000000000000550f1d062c8d60b4

Hi List,

Unlike myself, my wife never spends any money on anything computer related
and waits for me to resolve her problems....

Currently she has a very nice Microsoft SurfacePro laptop I got her and it
is running W11.  Her old PC ran W1O and Home Office 2010 that was family
software (I think you could have 4 users on it).  I installed Office 2010
ok but the 32 bit version because one of my daughters has or has lost the
64 bit disc and isn't owning up to it.

So far so good except I can't activate the software because it does not
generate an activation code which means you can't activate it by phone
either.  After spending some time on hold to MS I gave up and thought I
would ask the list instead.

The solution of course is for her to 'find' the money for a more recent
copy of office just like I had to for myself, this doesn't seem very likely
in the near future.  So any ideas why the software won't generate an
activation code and would spending time on a long call to Microsoft simply
be a waste of my time (yes, she isn't good with this kind of phone call)?

Thanks and probably better than googling for an answer again and if the
list draws a blank I'll tell him to start saving up and to stop wasting
money on stuff she doesn't need . ..

Regards

Daniel - in England.

--000000000000550f1d062c8d60b4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br></div><div>Unlike myself, my wife never s=
pends any money on anything computer related and waits for me to resolve he=
r problems....</div><div><br></div><div>Currently she has a very nice Micro=
soft SurfacePro laptop I got her and it is running W11.=C2=A0 Her old PC ra=
n W1O and Home Office 2010 that was family software (I think you could have=
 4 users on it).=C2=A0 I installed Office 2010 ok but the 32 bit version be=
cause one of my daughters has or has lost the 64 bit disc and isn&#39;t own=
ing up to it.</div><div><br></div><div>So far so good except I can&#39;t ac=
tivate the software because it does not generate an activation code which m=
eans you can&#39;t activate it by phone either.=C2=A0 After spending some t=
ime on hold to MS I gave up and thought I would ask the list instead.</div>=
<div><br></div><div>The solution of course is for her to &#39;find&#39; the=
 money for a more recent copy of office just like I had to for myself, this=
 doesn&#39;t seem very likely in the near future.=C2=A0 So any ideas why th=
e software won&#39;t generate an activation code and would spending time on=
 a long call to Microsoft simply be a waste of my time (yes, she isn&#39;t =
good with this kind of phone call)?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks and pro=
bably better than googling for an answer again and if the list draws a blan=
k I&#39;ll tell him to start saving up and to stop wasting money on stuff s=
he doesn&#39;t need . ..=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><=
br></div><div>Daniel - in England.</div></div>

--000000000000550f1d062c8d60b4--

--===============0561740556610634730==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0561740556610634730==--