Subject: [Spridgets] Spacers and tapered roller bearings

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2024 21:55:52 +0000

--===============6859267005159225192==

--000000000000e8494b06266dcd4d

Hi list,

Does anyone remember the debate about whether or not to use the spacer in
the front hub when converting to tapered roller bearings?

Well, I'm currently (binge) watching the restoration of an American Grant
WW2 tank by the Australian tank museum.  Here is the link to the episode
I'm currently watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEfhJXcreUY&list=PLWYZuCQ-NHUOIkUYupsLsLzK5AZZETh37&index=6

At 10:02 of the clip just after the Timken tapered roller bearing is
removed so is the the bearing spacer.

I always thought it was better to use the bearing spacer even when
converted to tapered roller bearings for several reasons but if anyone
needs an extra reason, this is how Timken did it, back in the day.

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000e8494b06266dcd4d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi list,<div><br></div><div>Does anyone remember the debat=
e about whether or not to use the spacer in the front hub when converting t=
o tapered roller bearings?</div><div><br></div><div>Well, I&#39;m currently=
 (binge) watching the restoration of an American Grant WW2 tank by the Aust=
ralian tank museum.=C2=A0 Here is the link to the episode I&#39;m currently=
 watching:</div><div><br></div><div><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watc=
h?v=3DYEfhJXcreUY&amp;list=3DPLWYZuCQ-NHUOIkUYupsLsLzK5AZZETh37&amp;index=
=3D6">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYEfhJXcreUY&amp;list=3DPLWYZuCQ-NHU=
OIkUYupsLsLzK5AZZETh37&amp;index=3D6</a></div><div><br></div><div>At 10:02 =
of the clip just after the Timken tapered roller bearing is removed so is t=
he the bearing spacer.</div><div><br></div><div>I always thought it was bet=
ter to use the bearing spacer even when converted to tapered roller bearing=
s for several reasons but if anyone needs an extra reason, this is how Timk=
en did it, back in the day.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br>=
</div><div><br></div><div>Daniel</div></div>

--000000000000e8494b06266dcd4d--

--===============6859267005159225192==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6859267005159225192==--