Subject: [Spridgets] Project update - actually a new small project start

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 11:15:57 +0100

--===============2463653359737287486==

--00000000000075bb0d0619d163c1

Hi List,

Work continues on my Sprite and the front suspension is mostly all back
together and the Sprite is back on its wheels.  I have to fit my new fuel
line at the rear (its fitted at the front) before I can return to the front
suspension

My Sprite has an 11/16 " anti-roll (sway) bar mounted in solid aluminium
blocks made by Motobuild and they are no longer available, as far as I
know.  Over the years (maybe 30 years) there is some wear in the blocks and
the bar has some play in the blocks.  So, my new small project is to make
some new blocks.  If there are no project updates it means I've botched the
job and given up.

I have bought (ebay) some imperial aluminium alloy bar exactly the same
size as the original blocks.  Apart from cutting it into lengths, I have to
drill the locating holes for each half block and then drill the 11/16"
centre hole with the two halves bolted together.  I do have a drill press,
a vise and toe clamps to fasten the vise to the drill press table so it
ought to be possible to achieve this with adequate accuracy.  I also have
an 11/16" hand reamer in the post (ebay) so I can be sure the centre hole
for the bar is round and true (if you call roundess true").  I haven't
decided what size I will drill the hole to but I plan on drilling under
11/16" and may need a new drill to do this (makes the project more
expensive).

I guess the challenge will be to ensure not so much the hole (channel?) for
the anti roll bar is exactly central but rather that it is in exactly the
same place for both pairs of blocks.

Might be a few days before I start on this.

Regards

Daniel

--00000000000075bb0d0619d163c1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br></div><div>Work continues on my Sprite an=
d the front suspension is mostly all back together and the Sprite is back o=
n its wheels.=C2=A0 I have to fit my new fuel line at the rear (its fitted =
at the front) before I can return to the front suspension</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>My Sprite has an 11/16 &quot; anti-roll (sway) bar mounted in solid=
 aluminium blocks made by Motobuild and they are no longer available, as fa=
r as I know.=C2=A0 Over the years (maybe 30 years) there is some wear in th=
e blocks and the bar has some play in the blocks.=C2=A0 So, my new small pr=
oject is to make some new blocks.=C2=A0 If there are no project updates it =
means I&#39;ve botched the job and given up.</div><div><br></div><div>I hav=
e bought (ebay) some imperial aluminium alloy bar exactly the same size as =
the original blocks.=C2=A0 Apart from cutting it into lengths, I have to dr=
ill the locating holes for each half block and then drill the 11/16&quot; c=
entre hole with the two halves bolted together.=C2=A0 I do have a drill pre=
ss, a vise and toe clamps to fasten the vise to the drill press table so it=
 ought to be possible to achieve this with adequate accuracy.=C2=A0 I also =
have an 11/16&quot; hand reamer in the post (ebay) so I can be sure the cen=
tre hole for the bar is round and true (if you call roundess true&quot;).=
=C2=A0 I haven&#39;t decided what size I will drill the hole to but I plan =
on drilling under 11/16&quot; and may need a new drill to do this (makes th=
e project more expensive).</div><div><br></div><div>I guess the challenge w=
ill be to ensure not so much the hole (channel?) for the anti roll bar is e=
xactly central but rather that it is in exactly the same place for both pai=
rs of blocks.</div><div><br></div><div>Might be a few days before I start o=
n this.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div><br></div=
><div>Daniel</div></div>

--00000000000075bb0d0619d163c1--

--===============2463653359737287486==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============2463653359737287486==--