Subject: [Spridgets] Project update 3

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 17:29:30 +0100

--===============7357383768540330801==

--000000000000f71979061a8ba70e

Today I drilled the roll bar hole for the B and C pairs of blocks and then
reamed all 3 sets.  I was disappointed with how the reaming went until the
3rd set of blocks where I found turning the reamer anti-clock wise a lot,
helped it.

I have the A and B set of blocks on the car with anti-tramp (swap) clamped
between them and the bar is tight.  In fact it's tighter than I would like
which might be a slight mis-alignment between the blocks, the paint on the
bar, or lack of grease.  However, tight is ok because the old blocks were
loose.  I'll have a look at things mid-week and maybe try combinations of
A+C and B+C to see if it makes any difference.

The delay is because I need to drill a hole and tap a 1/4 UNF thread for
the grease nipple.  I know you guys call them Zerks but I think nipple is a
more interesting word to use.  The actual delay though is that I don't have
a 1/4 UNF tap so have had to order one from eBay.

The new Koni shock-absorbers (dampers) arrived today but without the extra
bushes specific to my Frontline installation so I have a delay on getting
those fitted.

I am thinking about the next project which is to make some new bottom
brackets for the frontline kit using thick-wall tube rather than solid
bar.  I also then need to decide if the fastening fixing will be metric or
imperial (the top is already metric).

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000f71979061a8ba70e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Today I drilled the roll bar hole for the B and C pairs of=
 blocks and then reamed all 3 sets.=C2=A0 I was disappointed with how the r=
eaming went until the 3rd set of blocks where I found turning the reamer an=
ti-clock wise a lot, helped it.<div><br></div><div>I have the A and B set o=
f blocks on the car with anti-tramp (swap) clamped between them and the bar=
 is tight.=C2=A0 In fact it&#39;s tighter than I would like which might be =
a slight mis-alignment between the blocks, the paint on the bar, or lack of=
 grease.=C2=A0 However, tight is ok because the old blocks were loose.=C2=
=A0 I&#39;ll have a look at things mid-week and maybe try combinations of A=
+C and B+C to see if it makes any difference.</div><div><br></div><div>The =
delay is because I need to drill a hole and tap a 1/4 UNF thread for the gr=
ease nipple.=C2=A0 I know you guys call them Zerks but I think nipple is a =
more interesting word to use.=C2=A0 The actual delay though is that I don&#=
39;t have a 1/4 UNF tap so have had to order one from eBay.</div><div><br><=
/div><div>The new Koni shock-absorbers (dampers) arrived today but without =
the extra bushes specific to my Frontline installation so I have a delay on=
 getting those fitted.</div><div><br></div><div>I am thinking about the nex=
t project which is to make some new bottom brackets for the frontline kit u=
sing thick-wall tube rather than solid bar.=C2=A0 I also then need to decid=
e if the fastening fixing will be metric or imperial (the top is already me=
tric).</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>=
<div>Daniel</div></div>

--000000000000f71979061a8ba70e--

--===============7357383768540330801==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7357383768540330801==--