Subject: [Spridgets] Electrical help-Alternator conversion

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:42:30 -0700

--===============5112896521598805829==

--000000000000266b1a06129ce781

I'm sliding down this slippery slope of modification and need some help.
I'm trying to put a ND 3 wire alternator into my BE. It's already converted
to Negative ground and I'm intending on rewiring the regulator per Barney
Gaylord to just use it as a terminal block.
Here's the issue, the alternator has a Battery Positive Sense (S) terminal,
a Keyed Battery Ignition (I) terminal and an Indicator Light (L) terminal.
I'm assuming that the S terminal should get the 'fat' brown wire that used
to go to the D terminal on the regulator (new placement the A terminal
after rewiring), and that the L terminal goes to the small yellow wire to
feed power to shut off the charge light.
Do I need to wire the I terminal (Keyed battery ignition) so that it sees
power when the ignition switch is on (the white wire at A1 of the
regulator), or is this redundant and unnecessary?
TIA, the new engine/5 speed/speedhut tach & speedo are all coming together
to drive this spring!
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000266b1a06129ce781
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I&#39;m sliding down this slippery slope of modificat=
ion and need some help.</div><div>I&#39;m trying to put a ND 3 wire alterna=
tor into my BE. It&#39;s already converted to Negative ground and I&#39;m i=
ntending on rewiring the regulator per Barney Gaylord to just use it as a t=
erminal block.</div><div>Here&#39;s the issue, the alternator has a Battery=
 Positive Sense (S) terminal, a Keyed Battery Ignition (I) terminal and an =
Indicator Light (L) terminal. <br></div><div>I&#39;m assuming that the S te=
rminal should get the &#39;fat&#39; brown wire that used to go to the D ter=
minal on the regulator (new placement the A terminal after rewiring), and t=
hat the L terminal goes to the small yellow wire to feed power to shut off =
the charge light. <br></div><div>Do I need to wire the I terminal (Keyed ba=
ttery ignition) so that it sees power when the ignition switch is on (the w=
hite wire at A1 of the regulator), or is this redundant and unnecessary?</d=
iv><div>TIA, the new engine/5 speed/speedhut tach &amp; speedo are all comi=
ng together to drive this spring!<br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><d=
iv>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div=
></div></div></div>

--000000000000266b1a06129ce781--

--===============5112896521598805829==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5112896521598805829==--