Subject: [Spridgets] Quarter light types and weights - the whole assembly

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 19:15:11 +0000

--===============7125376239742045237==

--000000000000f1baa2060ff23b41

Hi List,

I know on the wind-up window cars the later quarter light assemblies were
made from Stainless Steel and the earlier ones were Chrome.  I am
interested to know if the chrome ones were always chrome on brass or if
some were chrome on steel.

Also I am interested to know if there is a weight difference between the
chromed and the stainless steel and what the actual weights are.  This is
the weight of the whole assembly the bit that sticks down into the door
complete with the quarterlight, glass and catch etc (and with or without
the felt runner.

Many thanks

Daniel

--000000000000f1baa2060ff23b41
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br></div><div>I know on the wind-up window c=
ars the later quarter light assemblies were made from Stainless Steel and t=
he earlier ones were Chrome.=C2=A0 I am interested to know if the chrome on=
es were always chrome on brass or if some were chrome on steel.</div><div><=
br></div><div>Also I am interested to know if there is a weight difference =
between the chromed and the stainless steel and what the actual weights are=
.=C2=A0 This is the weight of the whole assembly the bit that sticks down i=
nto the door complete with the quarterlight, glass and catch etc (and with =
or without the felt runner.</div><div><br></div><div>Many thanks</div><div>=
<br></div><div>Daniel</div></div>

--000000000000f1baa2060ff23b41--

--===============7125376239742045237==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7125376239742045237==--