Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye Bonnet Help

From: Mark via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 12:00:22 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3003179906504584479==
 boundary="------------sV4p5Zp1MMl05A82uP7oYmNM"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------sV4p5Zp1MMl05A82uP7oYmNM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I have this weird problem.  I have a Bugeye that I have had for years, 
it runs and drives great but only gets used a few times a year.  My 
problem is raising the bonnet.  Thanks to a COVID vaccine reaction I 
lost my brachial plexus nerve in my right arm.  So essentially I am 
limited to the use of one arm (left) and one arm isn't enough, for me, 
to raise the Bugeye bonnet.  I can still use my other motor functions to 
shift and drive the car fine.  I am thinking that I need some sort of 
device to attach to the ceiling to lift it up with mechanical assist.  I 
am resisting the temptation to just use a multi part block and tackle 
with a loop around the chrome handle.  My other thought is to tilt it 
forward with a kit form somewhere, I think there are several out there.  
I haven't ever used a forward tilt and not sure how much "lifting" is 
needed?   I can get help when I really need it but would rather be able 
to do it my self on my schedule. Suggestions?

Mark
Nashville
58 Bugeye
--------------sV4p5Zp1MMl05A82uP7oYmNM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font face="Arial">I have this weird problem.  I have a Bugeye that
      I have had for years, it runs and drives great but only gets used
      a few times a year.  My problem is raising the bonnet.  Thanks to
      a COVID vaccine reaction I lost my brachial plexus nerve in my
      right arm.  So essentially I am limited to the use of one arm
      (left) and one arm isn't enough, for me, to raise the Bugeye
      bonnet.  I can still use my other motor functions to shift and
      drive the car fine.  I am thinking that I need some sort of device
      to attach to the ceiling to lift it up with mechanical assist.  I
      am resisting the temptation to just use a multi part block and
      tackle with a loop around the chrome handle.  My other thought is
      to tilt it forward with a kit form somewhere, I think there are
      several out there.  I haven't ever used a forward tilt and not
      sure how much "lifting" is needed?   I can get help when I really
      need it but would rather be able to do it my self on my schedule. 
      Suggestions?  <br>
      <br>
      Mark<br>
      Nashville<br>
      58 Bugeye<br>
    </font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------sV4p5Zp1MMl05A82uP7oYmNM--

--===============3003179906504584479==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3003179906504584479==--

---

From: Kent McLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:39:42 -0400

Mark in Nashville wrote:
> My problem is raising the bonnet.? Thanks to a COVID vaccine reaction I 
> lost my brachial plexus nerve in my right arm.? So essentially I am 
> to raise the Bugeye bonnet.

You might try some gas struts to do the bulk of the lifting. Then you could check the oil at a gas station, too. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK8X7F4Y/
------------------------

[email-masked]