Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: [BMCU] Time has come, Bugeye project or sale

From: Mark Bradakis via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 10:21:10 -0600

This could be a good project for somebody, an original RHD car.

mjb.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[BMCU] Time has come, Bugeye project or sale
Date: 	Mon, 3 Jul 2023 09:26:45 -0600
From: 	Drew Frink <[email-masked]>
To: 	BMCU-Members <[email-masked]>

Well, the time has come. I may love Bugeyes, but when it comes right 
down to it I don’t love restoration work. The reality is that I’m not 
going to finish this project, so it’s time to move it on.

The car is a 1959 Sprite. Original RHD car, sold initially in Penryn, 
Cornwall. Imported to the USA by George Broomfield (Director of 
Manufacturing for Delorean) — I bought the car from his grandson.

The GOOD:

   * Bodywork was done by Schneider Auto in SLC, and is in fantastic shape.
   * Wheels and tires are new.
   * Car is complete (or at least was when I took it apart for bodywork)
   * Includes a factory hardtop in good shape
   * Has a 948 engine and ribcase transmission, also includes a 1275 for
     rebuilding
   * Includes a Datsun 5-speed and the necessary conversion pieces
   * Includes parts to convert to front disc brakes (but those pieces
     likely need to be rebuilt)
   * I have the title and Heritage Certificate in hand
   * Some chrome has been redone

The BAD:

   * This is a car in boxes
   * Other than the bodywork and wheels, EVERYTHING else needs to be
     rebuilt including the engine
   * Things like brake/fuel lines and wiring will need to be totally done
     or bought in
   * Seats are rough, possibly rebuildable

If you’re interested, give me a call at 801-450-7493 or email me at 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> and we can chat. I am not 
interested in parting the car out, would really like it to go to someone 
that will finish it and get it back on the road. It’s a good little car 
and deserves another chance to be on the road

-Drew Frink.

IMG_0991.jpeg

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
Groups "BMCU-Members" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
an email to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bmcu-members/7ADC8BE9-AB97-4C37-B704-1044969972BB%40drooartz.com 
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bmcu-members/7ADC8BE9-AB97-4C37-B704-1044969972BB%40drooartz.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]