Subject: [Spridgets] Gas Cap

From: Tim Collins via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 14:09:19 -0400

--===============7333902490649227278==

--000000000000032a3b05ffc14e78

Yesterday I filled up my 1966 Austin Healey Sprite at the local Shell
station. When I should have been putting the gas cap back on, the guy at
the next pump wanted to talk. I drove off with the cap on the top of the
car. It would have fallen off in the first few feet. I went over to the
station as soon as I realized it was missing to see if it had been turned
in. They told me no. I posted on Facebook and a guy responded that he had
turned it in. I went back to the station and told them this. They looked
again but still no cap. So I'm in the market for a new gas cap. I see a lot
of reproductions that don't look that good in the photos let alone for
real. Is there a recommended source for a good looking/working gas cap for
my '66 Sprite?
I'm still hopeful that it will show up, but . . .
Thanks
Tim

--000000000000032a3b05ffc14e78
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">Yes=
terday I filled up my 1966 Austin Healey Sprite at the local Shell station.=
 When I should have been putting the gas cap back on, the guy at the next p=
ump wanted to talk. I drove off with the cap on the top of the car. It woul=
d have fallen off in the first few feet. I went over to the station as soon=
 as I realized it was missing to see if it had been turned in. They told me=
 no. I posted on Facebook and a guy responded that he had turned it in. I w=
ent back to the station and told them this. They looked again but still no =
cap. So I&#39;m in the market for a new gas cap. I see a lot of reproductio=
ns that don&#39;t look that good in the photos let alone for real. Is there=
 a recommended source for a good looking/working gas cap for my &#39;66 Spr=
ite?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">I&#39;m st=
ill hopeful that it will show up, but . . .=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_=
default" style=3D"font-size:large">Thanks</div><div class=3D"gmail_default"=
 style=3D"font-size:large">Tim</div></div>

--000000000000032a3b05ffc14e78--

--===============7333902490649227278==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7333902490649227278==--