Subject: [Spridgets] Stub axle question for all your racers!

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:54:36 +0000

--===============8950259168189823845==

--0000000000006b743b05ed5b4ed4

Hi List (especially racers),

The Spridget  stub axle (I'm only interested in disc brake hubs) was
designed to be fitting with a brake disc shield which I discarded long
before I ever fitted a big disc kit.  However the stub axle has part of the
forging/casting for 3 holes threaded for the securing nuts for that
shield.  The one single threaded hole looks like it contributes nothing to
the strength and intregity fo the stub axle itself and I wondered if anyone
had ever removed that whole section it to save a bit of (unsprung) weight?

Regards

Daniel

--0000000000006b743b05ed5b4ed4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List (especially racers),<div><br></div><div>The Spridg=
et=C2=A0 stub axle (I&#39;m only interested in disc brake hubs) was designe=
d to be fitting with a brake disc shield which I discarded long before I ev=
er fitted a big disc kit.=C2=A0 However the stub axle has part of the forgi=
ng/casting for 3 holes threaded for the securing nuts for that shield.=C2=
=A0 The one single threaded hole looks like it contributes nothing to the s=
trength and intregity fo the stub axle itself and I wondered if anyone had =
ever removed that whole section it to save a bit of (unsprung) weight?</div=
><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Daniel=
</div></div>

--0000000000006b743b05ed5b4ed4--

--===============8950259168189823845==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8950259168189823845==--