Subject: [Spridgets] Lower fulcrum lock pin

From: Karl Vacek via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 21:52:40 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7973541762886098046==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01BB_01D86C93.EE06E050"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01BB_01D86C93.EE06E050
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

51K1769 - Moss 264-445

The tapered pins that lock the lower fulcrum pins into the bottom of the
king pins.  Nut and washer on the bottom - taper requires them to come out
the top.

Removed the nuts.  Soaked with Kroil.  Neither one wants to drive out.
A-arms and kingpin/rotor assemblies off the car already so I have good
access to everything.

I've dealt with this type of pin before but never had them so stuck.  TC has
them through the axle, but those are usually cooperative.

Next plan is to MIG a nut onto the top of the pins to give me something to
help pull them out, but before that is there any other trick to getting
these out?

This is a low-mileage, rust-free car.  

Thanks!
Karl

------=_NextPart_000_01BB_01D86C93.EE06E050
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>51K1769 &#8211; Moss 264-445<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The tapered pins that lock the lower fulcrum pins into =
the bottom of the king pins.&nbsp; Nut and washer on the bottom &#8211; =
taper requires them to come out the top.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Removed the =
nuts.&nbsp; Soaked with Kroil.&nbsp; Neither one wants to drive =
out.&nbsp; A-arms and kingpin/rotor assemblies off the car already so I =
have good access to everything.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve =
dealt with this type of pin before but never had them so stuck.&nbsp; TC =
has them through the axle, but those are usually =
cooperative.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Next plan is to MIG a nut onto the top of the pins to =
give me something to help pull them out, but before that is there any =
other trick to getting these out?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is a =
low-mileage, rust-free car.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks!<br>Karl<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01BB_01D86C93.EE06E050--

--===============7973541762886098046==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7973541762886098046==--