Subject: [Spridgets] Base coat clear coat

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:43:30 -0700

--===============8753910103301240543==

--000000000000e2f69f05d773a7d6

Ryan- I painted my '66 Mustang coupe this summer Nightmist Blue with a
light red pearl and ghost Lemans stripes in Holographic Silver pearl. It
took me 12 hours to shoot the paint, partially because I had to wait for
the intercolor clear to set up before masking for the stripes.
The biggest thing is to be completely prepared, I placed 3 fans at the
bottom of one garage door, furnace filters in the window that is
perpendicular to where the doors are, and let the fans suck the fumes out.
Clear needs to be shot with a slightly larger orifice, keep the gun about a
spread hand span from your work, work from the middle to the edges and
always work from a wet edge with your gun PEPENDICULAR to the surface
-otherwise you get tiger stripes.
Be Patient. make sure any small parts (like your shift tower) are well
supported-I had a fender extension fall to the ground while shooting color
and had to wipe it all off -Be sure to have a large supply of appropriate
solvent on hand for cleaning guns and wiping things down. I used a
Polyurethane and solvated it with Acetone-keep good gloves handy too.
I sanded the primer, then dry wiped, then tack ragged, then solvent wiped
to eliminate any contamination from the tack rag.
Email me if you want more specific input
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000e2f69f05d773a7d6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Ryan- I painted my &#39;66 Mustang coupe this summer =
Nightmist Blue with a light red pearl and ghost Lemans stripes in Holograph=
ic Silver pearl. It took me 12 hours to shoot the paint, partially because =
I had to wait for the intercolor clear to set up before masking for the str=
ipes. <br></div><div>The biggest thing is to be completely prepared, I plac=
ed 3 fans at the bottom of one garage door, furnace filters in the window t=
hat is perpendicular to where the doors are, and let the fans suck the fume=
s out.</div><div>Clear needs to be shot with a slightly larger orifice, kee=
p the gun about a spread hand span from your work, work from the middle to =
the edges and always work from a wet edge with your gun PEPENDICULAR to the=
 surface -otherwise you get tiger stripes.</div><div>Be Patient. make sure =
any small parts (like your shift tower) are well supported-I had a fender e=
xtension fall to the ground while shooting color and had to wipe it all off=
 -Be sure to have a large supply of appropriate solvent on hand for cleanin=
g guns and wiping things down. I used a Polyurethane and solvated it with A=
cetone-keep good gloves handy too.<br></div><div>I sanded the primer, then =
dry wiped, then tack ragged, then solvent wiped to eliminate any contaminat=
ion from the tack rag.</div><div>Email me if you want more specific input<b=
r></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=
=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goe=
s one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000e2f69f05d773a7d6--

--===============8753910103301240543==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8753910103301240543==--