Subject: [Spridgets] Ruminations on OSHITs and Frank

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 18:44:05 -0600

--===============5323928186682123085==

--000000000000525e8c05cefa68cb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This'll be a little long, so bear with me or just delete as you see fit.
I was having a beer with a friend who got me into AutoX last night and he
mentioned that he'd told his wife about how I travelled to Dodge City to
help out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he inferred that I did it because it
was pay back, and I told him no, that I did it 'um, I'm not sure why'.
Today I was stacking wood for the winter, which is a kind of meditative
process, and realized that the reason why I am willing to travel long
distances to help  people that I've never met is Frank Clarici, and his
motto "Pay it Forward".
This realization that Frank is still affecting my life and correcting my
attitude was very powerful. That a man who I never met could have such a
long lasting affect on me and my approach to others simply astonishes me.
The fact that OSHITs are still occurring is a testament to what he
believed, that there is always someone out there willing to devote their
time and skills to help others who are unable to finish a labor of love. I
have found that I enjoy the sharing of the knowledge and skills we all have
acquired, both ways, is one of the best parts of an OSHIT, not to mention
the prodding and poking and general lack of any respect for one's person =
=F0=9F=98=9C.
The ability of everyone to come together from great distances and work
toward a common goal for another is such a gift to all who are involved,
not the least of whom is the car owner. My local British car buddies are
great, but having the opportunity to come together with folks from so
distant is a gift that I cannot express.
If you're still reading this, I'm sure that you too, knew Frank. If you've
never taken part in an OSHIT, I would encourage you to do so, you'll meet
like-minded folks, enjoy some laughs, make some memories, make some
friends, drink some beers and most of all, create an enduring memorial to
The Dean of Spridgets, Frank Clarici.
As always, PAY IT FORWARD!
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000525e8c05cefa68cb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>This&#39;ll be a little long, so bear with me or just=
 delete as you see fit.</div><div>I was having a beer with a friend who got=
 me into AutoX last night and he mentioned that he&#39;d told his wife abou=
t how I travelled to Dodge City to help out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he=
 inferred that I did it because it was pay back, and I told him no, that I =
did it &#39;um, I&#39;m not sure why&#39;.</div><div>Today I was stacking w=
ood for the winter, which is a kind of meditative process, and realized tha=
t the reason why I am willing to travel long distances to help=C2=A0 people=
 that I&#39;ve never met is Frank Clarici, and his motto &quot;Pay it Forwa=
rd&quot;.</div><div>This realization that Frank is still affecting my life =
and correcting my attitude was very powerful. That a man who I never met co=
uld have such a long lasting affect on me and my approach to others simply =
astonishes me. <br></div><div>The fact that OSHITs are still occurring is a=
 testament to what he believed, that there is always someone out there will=
ing to devote their time and skills to help others who are unable to finish=
 a labor of love. I have found that I enjoy the sharing of the knowledge an=
d skills we all have acquired, both ways, is one of the best parts of an OS=
HIT, not to mention the prodding and poking and general lack of any respect=
 for one&#39;s person =F0=9F=98=9C.</div><div>The ability of everyone to co=
me together from great distances and work toward a common goal for another =
is such a gift to all who are involved, not the least of whom is the car ow=
ner. My local British car buddies are great, but having the opportunity to =
come together with folks from so distant is a gift that I cannot express.</=
div><div>If you&#39;re still reading this, I&#39;m sure that you too, knew =
Frank. If you&#39;ve never taken part in an OSHIT, I would encourage you to=
 do so, you&#39;ll meet like-minded folks, enjoy some laughs, make some mem=
ories, make some friends, drink some beers and most of all, create an endur=
ing memorial to The Dean of Spridgets, Frank Clarici.</div><div>As always, =
PAY IT FORWARD!<br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signatur=
e" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br>=
</div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></div=

--000000000000525e8c05cefa68cb--

--===============5323928186682123085==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5323928186682123085==--