Subject: [Spridgets] Kent's Bugeye restoration

From: Kent McLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:37:15 -0400

--Apple-Mail=_9939C0C5-CA06-4668-B6F1-C8FE714E3AAF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

New thread, new title to make it "mine" and easier to find. I'll be =
posting my restoration to this thread.

Recap: Linda G realized her Bugeye was one project too many. I jumped on =
it, left NH at 5:30AM, drove to NJ to seal the deal and pick it up, =
arrived home the same day around 9:00 PM, tired but happy. Memorial =
weekend traffic after a year of Covid-19 restriction and rain slowed me =
down. The car fits on the U-Haul car hauler, inner tire sidewalls =
pressing against the inner edges of the open bed's rails. My Warn =
Pullzall eased getting it up and onto the trailer.

The car seems to be very original, from the paint to the vinyl covering =
the dash trim. There are large rust holes in the floor, smaller rust =
holes in the bonnet, A-pillars, and rear fenders. Hopefully my welding =
skill are up to the task. To lead me on my journey, I need a plan. I =
searched the archives and found "Secrets to a Timely Restoration", an =
old post by Frank C; he lives on.
http://www.team.net/html/spridgets/2004-10/msg00653.html

Not enough detail for me, so I put together a plan. See attached. It is =
a first pass, with as much detail as I can envision. I'm sure I missed a =
few things, but I wanted a plan to keep focused and to mark my progress. =
More to follow as I evaluate what I have and start to dismantle the car.

--Apple-Mail=_9939C0C5-CA06-4668-B6F1-C8FE714E3AAF
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=bugeye_resto_plan.pdf
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="bugeye_resto_plan.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail=_9939C0C5-CA06-4668-B6F1-C8FE714E3AAF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

--Apple-Mail=_9939C0C5-CA06-4668-B6F1-C8FE714E3AAF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--Apple-Mail=_9939C0C5-CA06-4668-B6F1-C8FE714E3AAF--