Subject: [Spridgets] MKIII Springs wanted.

From: "Bill L. via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:52:43 -0700

Hello Spridgets,

    I'm having a problem.. 

        The front springs from MO#$ are too long. They only sell two sizes, one for 1500s and one for eveything else. They are not even the right length as stated in "the book"... I ordered some from AHSPARES out of england thinking they would have the right length and spring rate, only to be disappointed again as they are too long as well. 

I just want the car to sit correctly... 

Anyone know of a source for the correct springs, OR have a set for a MK III Sprite they want to part with...BEFORE I have a set custom made?  Which seems to be the only alternative.. 

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:[email-masked]

It's probably a bad day when you find a dead fish in your underwear. 

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: Kent McLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:23:41 -0400

--===============4240433667181704185==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_4B852C51-8733-4E08-968D-A7E5BD31EE9B"

--Apple-Mail=_4B852C51-8733-4E08-968D-A7E5BD31EE9B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Bill L wrote:
> The front springs from MO#$ are too long. They only sell two sizes, =
one for 1500s and one for eveything else. They are not even the right =
length as stated in "the book"... I ordered some from AHSPARES out of =
england thinking they would have the right length and spring rate, only =
to be disappointed again as they are too long as well.=20
>=20
> I just want the car to sit correctly...=20

Have you installed the "too long" ones?  It may be that when installed =
and allowed to set in, they let the car sit correctly. Or I may be =
totally off, they sourced the springs from the same place in China, and =
they are good enough for the less picky.
-
Kent McLean
1956 100 BN-2

--Apple-Mail=_4B852C51-8733-4E08-968D-A7E5BD31EE9B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">Bill =
L wrote:<div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D""><meta =
charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Palatino-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">The front springs from MO#$ are too long. They only sell two =
sizes, one for 1500s and one for eveything else. They are not even the =
right length as stated in "the book"... I ordered some from AHSPARES out =
of england thinking they would have the right length and spring rate, =
only to be disappointed again as they are too long as well.<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Palatino-Roman; =
font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Palatino-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Palatino-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">I just want =
the car to sit correctly...<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span></div></blockquote></d=
iv><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><font =
face=3D"Palatino-Roman" class=3D"">Have you installed the "too long" =
ones? &nbsp;It may be that when installed and allowed to set in, they =
let the car sit correctly. Or I may be totally off, they sourced the =
springs from the same place in China, and they are good enough for the =
less picky.</font></div><div class=3D""><font face=3D"Palatino-Roman" =
class=3D"">-</font></div><div class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Palatino-Roman;" class=3D"">Kent McLean</span></div><div class=3D""><font =
face=3D"Palatino-Roman" class=3D"">1956 100 BN-2</font></div><div =
class=3D""><font face=3D"Palatino-Roman" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></font></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_4B852C51-8733-4E08-968D-A7E5BD31EE9B--

--===============4240433667181704185==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============4240433667181704185==--

---

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:07:28 -0400

Moss lists them, but are apparently are selling their usual "file-to-fit" crap.  😁

> On Apr 20, 2021, at 3:04 PM, Bill L. via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Bill,
> 
> 
> For those saying MOSS has them... They don't.. They sell the wrong thing.. I have a brand new pair.. .. they're crap.
> 
>> Hello Spridgets,
> 
>>    I'm having a problem.. 
> 
> Good printers do it without wrinkling the sheets. 
> 
> ------------------------
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]