Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Not Healey, but Related

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:12:59 -0500

--===============4564507752458826070==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_2823175117547362"

----_com.lge.email_2823175117547362
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Bee 4 ewe do anything!   Check for a clogged filter screen on the SU pump inlet side if it has one AND ANY in line fuel filter!There's the diagnostic "start spot".It's trying to pump either against a clog or through a clog.   That's my advice to start...Long story associated to this involving towing with a 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 & a 56 Chevy show car on open trailer.....ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Michael MacLean via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Jan 10, 2021 4:38 PMTo: Spridgets List;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Not Healey, but RelatedI went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB GT.  The line was very long so I had to 
inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in 
between.  The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.  The car was
 still running.  I got up to the first window to pay and the idle 
dropped to less than 500 rpm.  In a minute or so later the engine just 
quit.  There is over a half tank of gas in the car.  I tried starting it
 several times, but it would just fire and die.  After several attempts 
the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like mad.  
After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like normal and 
you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.  No 
issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.  Does that sound like my fuel pump 
is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?Mike MacLean
----_com.lge.email_2823175117547362
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">Bee 4 ewe do anything!&nbsp; &nbsp;Check for a clogged filter screen on the SU pump inlet side if it has one AND ANY in line fuel filter!</div><div dir="auto">There's the diagnostic "start spot".</div><div dir="auto">It's trying to pump either against a clog or through a clog.&nbsp; &nbsp;That's my advice to start...</div><div dir="auto">Long story associated to this involving towing with a 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 &amp; a 56 Chevy show car on open trailer.....</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Michael MacLean via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Sun, Jan 10, 2021 4:38 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b>Spridgets List;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] Not Healey, but Related</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="auto"><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span>I went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; The line was very long so I had to 
inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in 
between.&nbsp; The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.&nbsp; The car was
 still running.&nbsp; I got up to the first window to pay and the idle 
dropped to less than 500 rpm.&nbsp; In a minute or so later the engine just 
quit.&nbsp; There is over a half tank of gas in the car.&nbsp; I tried starting it
 several times, but it would just fire and die.&nbsp; After several attempts 
the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like mad.&nbsp; 
After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like normal and 
you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.&nbsp; No 
issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.&nbsp; Does that sound like my fuel pump 
is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?</span></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span>Mike MacLean</span><br></div></div></div></div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_2823175117547362--

--===============4564507752458826070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4564507752458826070==--

---

From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 23:32:33 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4635068158017450751==
	boundary="----=_Part_490364_349528619.1610321553382"

------=_Part_490364_349528619.1610321553382
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Chuck if it was pumping against a clog, wouldn't it slow down or stop like=
 the float bowl was full?Mike M

    On Sunday, January 10, 2021, 3:13:28 PM PST, crusaderchuck55--- via Spr=
idgets <[email-masked]> wrote: =20
=20
  Bee 4 ewe do anything!=C2=A0 =C2=A0Check for a clogged filter screen on t=
he SU pump inlet side if it has one AND ANY in line fuel filter!There's the=
 diagnostic "start spot".It's trying to pump either against a clog or throu=
gh a clog.=C2=A0 =C2=A0That's my advice to start...Long story associated to=
 this involving towing with a 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 & a 56 Chevy show car =
on open trailer.....Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile
------ Original message------From: Michael MacLean via SpridgetsDate: Sun, =
Jan 10, 2021 4:38 PM To: Spridgets List;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Not Healey,=
 but Related
I went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB GT.=C2=A0 The line was ve=
ry long so I had to inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few m=
inutes in between.=C2=A0 The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was=
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.=C2=A0 The car w=
as still running.=C2=A0 I got up to the first window to pay and the idle dr=
opped to less than 500 rpm.=C2=A0 In a minute or so later the engine just q=
uit.=C2=A0 There is over a half tank of gas in the car.=C2=A0 I tried start=
ing it several times, but it would just fire and die.=C2=A0 After several a=
ttempts the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like m=
ad.=C2=A0 After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like norm=
al and you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.=C2=A0=
 No issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.=C2=A0 Does that sound like my fuel =
pump is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?Mike MacLean
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive

[email-masked]
 =20
------=_Part_490364_349528619.1610321553382
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp5a7f1b48yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div></div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Chuck if it was pumping against a clog, wouldn't it slow down or stop like the float bowl was full?</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Mike M<br></div><div><br></div>
        
        </div><div id="yahoo_quoted_0896958550" class="yahoo_quoted">
            <div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
                
                <div>
                    On Sunday, January 10, 2021, 3:13:28 PM PST, crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id="yiv2472975941"><div>
    <div style="font-size:10pt;"><div>Bee 4 ewe do anything!&nbsp; &nbsp;Check for a clogged filter screen on the SU pump inlet side if it has one AND ANY in line fuel filter!</div><div>There's the diagnostic "start spot".</div><div>It's trying to pump either against a clog or through a clog.&nbsp; &nbsp;That's my advice to start...</div><div>Long story associated to this involving towing with a 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 &amp; a 56 Chevy show car on open trailer.....</div><div>Chuck</div><div><br clear="none"></div><div><div style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size:10pt;"><div id="yiv2472975941LGEmailHeader"><div><br clear="none"></div><div class="yiv2472975941yqt4828553580" id="yiv2472975941yqt55763"><div>------ Original message------</div><div><b>From: </b>Michael MacLean via Spridgets</div><div><b>Date: </b>Sun, Jan 10, 2021 4:38 PM</div><div>
 <b>To: </b>Spridgets List;</div><div><b>Cc: </b></div><div><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] Not Healey, but Related</div><div><br clear="none"></div></div></div><div class="yiv2472975941yqt4828553580" id="yiv2472975941yqt04170"><div><div class="yiv2472975941yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr"><span>I went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; The line was very long so I had to 
inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in 
between.&nbsp; The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.&nbsp; The car was
 still running.&nbsp; I got up to the first window to pay and the idle 
dropped to less than 500 rpm.&nbsp; In a minute or so later the engine just 
quit.&nbsp; There is over a half tank of gas in the car.&nbsp; I tried starting it
 several times, but it would just fire and die.&nbsp; After several attempts 
the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like mad.&nbsp; 
After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like normal and 
you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.&nbsp; No 
issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.&nbsp; Does that sound like my fuel pump 
is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?</span></div><div dir="ltr"><span>Mike MacLean</span><br clear="none"></div></div></div></div></div>

</div></div><div class="yqt4828553580" id="yqt36748">------------------------<br clear="none"><br clear="none"><a shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Donate: <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br clear="none"><br clear="none">Archive: <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets " target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets </a> <a shape="rect" href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape="rect" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_490364_349528619.1610321553382--

--===============4635068158017450751==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============4635068158017450751==--