Subject: Re: [Spridgets] My new Bugeye project

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:33:05 -0500

--===============4494929318544872531==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_14604373343323560"

----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Door hinges sieze rather easily.   Start by soaking them and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO NOT FORCE them.  From past experience removing the 4 door to hinge screws is easier than getting the screws out of the cowel.   You may only have 1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.  With door off the hinge you can clamp a vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.    If the hinge can be unbolted from cowel & door , they respond rather well to heating up ( do not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and wiggling them to free up.  Then soak them with penetrating oil to finish freeing them up.   I have saved a few siezed hinges this way.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Linda Grunthaner via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Nov 19, 2020 7:45 PMTo: Spridget list;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] My new Bugeye projectHi List,I hope everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now hybrid meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but all on line. Grading is also all on line which takes forever but I'm just grateful to have a job. Now back to business.I have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of which went into temporary storage when it arrived last year, sold to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from a member. Now that my temporary storage is gone I have to do something with it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn't realize the passenger door is 1/2" from closing and the drivers door won't open past 8". I'll suspect structural damage. It appears the spring plates are OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title is in my name, no keys. My residential neighborhood doesn't allow cars without insurance, registration and must move on their own. Therefore putting it in the driveway is out of the question but I might need to sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it where it's located and loads of calls and even a fair offer no where near what I have in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I have too much money in it now. I think this little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I'm looking for suggestions/answers etc.When the doors won't open or close what damage is down the road for me? Should I part it out?Am I capable of the work on a shoestring budget being I can weld and have my own MIG and torch setup?Anyone in NJ looking for a project?Open to anything, the stress is keeping me from needed sleep.Linda-- "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut-- "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">Door hinges sieze rather easily.&nbsp; &nbsp;Start by soaking them and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO NOT FORCE them.&nbsp; From past experience removing the 4 door to hinge screws is easier than getting the screws out of the cowel.&nbsp; &nbsp;You may only have 1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.&nbsp; With door off the hinge you can clamp a vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.&nbsp; &nbsp; If the hinge can be unbolted from cowel &amp; door , they respond rather well to heating up ( do not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and wiggling them to free up.&nbsp; Then soak them with penetrating oil to finish freeing them up.&nbsp; &nbsp;I have saved a few siezed hinges this way.</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Thu, Nov 19, 2020 7:45 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b>Spridget list;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] My new Bugeye project</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div id="gmail-:1v8" class="gmail-ii gmail-gt" style="margin:8px 0px 0px;padding:0px;font-family:Roboto,RobotoDraft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"><div id="gmail-:30z" class="gmail-a3s gmail-aiL"><div dir="ltr">Hi List,<div>I hope everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now hybrid&nbsp;meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but all on line. Grading is also all on line which takes&nbsp;forever but I'm just grateful&nbsp;to have a job. Now back to business.</div><div><br></div><div>I have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of which went into temporary storage when it arrived last year, sold to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from&nbsp;a member. Now that my temporary storage is gone I have to do something with it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn't realize the passenger door is 1/2" from closing and the drivers door won't open past 8". I'll suspect structural damage. It appears the spring plates are OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title is in my name,&nbsp;no keys.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>My residential neighborhood doesn't allow cars without insurance, registration and must move on their own. Therefore putting it in the driveway is out&nbsp;of the question but I might need&nbsp;to sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it where it's located and loads of calls and even a fair offer no where&nbsp;near what I have in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I have too much money in it now. I think this little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I'm looking for suggestions/answers etc.</div><div><br></div><div>When the doors won't open or close what damage is down the road for me?&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Should I part it out?</div><div><br></div><div>Am I capable of the work on a shoestring budget being I can&nbsp;weld and have my own MIG and torch setup?</div><div><br></div><div>Anyone in NJ looking for a project?</div><div><br></div><div>Open to anything, the stress is keeping me from needed sleep.</div><font color="#888888"><div>Linda</div><div>--&nbsp;<br><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut<br></div></div></div></font></div><div class="gmail-yj6qo"></div><div class="gmail-adL"></div></div></div><div class="gmail-hq gmail-gt" id="gmail-:2pg" style="font-family:Roboto,RobotoDraft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"></div><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><span style="font-size:small">"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br></div></div></div></div>
</div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_14604373343323560--

--===============4494929318544872531==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4494929318544872531==--

---

From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 04:18:34 -0500

--===============4444286365087447662==

--000000000000e1139c05b48654ec

Thanks Chuck, I'll spray it with PB-Blaster and do that over and over again
after I power wash. But I think the body is tweaked can I assume once I
strip it down to a tub and remove the floor pan and weld in the new pan it
will be square? I'm bringing it home this week. It's getting near freezing
here so I doubt I can get much done till spring.
Bucket list: 2 car heated garage LOL.
Lin

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:38 PM crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Door hinges sieze rather easily.   Start by soaking them and
> wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO NOT FORCE them.  From past experience removing
> the 4 door to hinge screws is easier than getting the screws out of the
> cowel.   You may only have 1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.  With door off
> the hinge you can clamp a vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.
>   If the hinge can be unbolted from cowel & door , they respond rather well
> to heating up ( do not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and
> wiggling them to free up.  Then soak them with penetrating oil to finish
> freeing them up.   I have saved a few siezed hinges this way.
> Chuck
>
> *Sent from my LG Mobile*
>
> ------ Original message------
> *From: *Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets
> *Date: *Thu, Nov 19, 2020 7:45 PM
> *To: *Spridget list;
> *Cc: *
> *Subject:*[Spridgets] My new Bugeye project
>
> Hi List,
> I hope everyone is safe and well, I'm still teaching high school and now
> hybrid meaning most of the students are at home some in my classroom but
> all on line. Grading is also all on line which takes forever but I'm just
> grateful to have a job. Now back to business.
>
> I have a 1960 Bugeye Sprite of which wen t into temporary storage when it
> arrived last year, sold to me as stored in a barn for 40 years from a
> member. Now that my temporary storage is gone I have to do something with
> it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I knew the floors needed to be
> replaced but didn't realize the passenger door is 1/2" from closing and the
> drivers door won't open past 8". I'll suspect structural damage. It appears
> the spring plates are OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title
> is in my name, no keys.
>
> My residential neighborhood doesn't allow cars without insurance,
> registration and must move on their own. Therefore putting it in the
> driveway is out of the question but I might need to sneak it in. I put a
> For Sale sign on it where it's located and loads of calls and even a fair
> offer no where near what I have in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer
> bailed. A storage unit is too expensive and I have too much money in it
> now. I think th is little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I'm
> looking for suggestions/answers etc.
>
> When the doors won't open or close what damage is down the road for me?
>
> Should I part it out?
>
> Am I capable of the work on a shoestring budget being I can weld and have
> my own MIG and torch setup?
>
> Anyone in NJ looking for a project?
>
> Open to anything, the stress is keeping me from needed sleep.
> Linda
> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut
>
> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--000000000000e1139c05b48654ec
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Thanks Chuck, I&#39;ll spray it with PB-Blaster and do tha=
t over and over again after I power wash. But I think the body is tweaked=
=C2=A0can I assume once I strip it down to a tub and remove the floor pan a=
nd weld in the new pan it will be square? I&#39;m bringing it home this wee=
k. It&#39;s getting near freezing here so I doubt I can get much done till =
spring.=C2=A0<div>Bucket list: 2 car heated garage LOL.<br><div>Lin</div></=
div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_at=
tr">On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:38 PM crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0=
px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

<div>
    <div style=3D"font-size:10pt"><div dir=3D"auto">Door hinges sieze rathe=
r easily.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Start by soaking them and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle , DO N=
OT FORCE them.=C2=A0 From past experience removing the 4 door to hinge scre=
ws is easier than getting the screws out of the cowel.=C2=A0 =C2=A0You may =
only have 1 of 2 hinges that is sticking.=C2=A0 With door off the hinge you=
 can clamp a vise grip pliers to the hinge for some leverage.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
If the hinge can be unbolted from cowel &amp; door , they respond rather we=
ll to heating up ( do not melt the brass hinge bushings) with a torch and w=
iggling them to free up.=C2=A0 Then soak them with penetrating oil to finis=
h freeing them up.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I have saved a few siezed hinges this way.</=
div><div dir=3D"auto">Chuck</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div><div dir=
=3D"auto" style=3D"font-size:9pt"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div>=
</div><div style=3D"font-size:10pt"><div id=3D"gmail-m_8899251064765097274L=
GEmailHeader" dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"a
 uto">------ Original message------</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>From: </b>Lin=
da Grunthaner via Spridgets<u></u><u></u></div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Date: <=
/b>Thu, Nov 19, 2020 7:45 PM</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>To: </b>Spridget lis=
t;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Subject:</b=
>[Spridgets] My new Bugeye project</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div id=3D"gmail-m_8899251064765097274gmai=
l-:1v8" style=3D"margin:8px 0px 0px;padding:0px;font-family:Roboto,RobotoDr=
aft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"><div id=3D"gmail-m_8899251064765097274gmail=
-:30z"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div>I hope everyone is safe and well, I&#3=
9;m still teaching high school and now hybrid=C2=A0meaning most of the stud=
ents are at home some in my classroom but all on line. Grading is also all =
on line which takes=C2=A0forever but I&#39;m just grateful=C2=A0to have a j=
ob. Now back to business.</div><div><br></div><div>I have a 1960 Bugeye Spr=
ite of which wen
 t into temporary storage when it arrived last year, sold to me as stored i=
n a barn for 40 years from=C2=A0a member. Now that my temporary storage is =
gone I have to do something with it. I have zero more weeks to remove it. I=
 knew the floors needed to be replaced but didn&#39;t realize the passenger=
 door is 1/2&quot; from closing and the drivers door won&#39;t open past 8&=
quot;. I&#39;ll suspect structural damage. It appears the spring plates are=
 OK, the original engine turns by hand and the title is in my name,=C2=A0no=
 keys.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>My residential neighborhood doesn&#39=
;t allow cars without insurance, registration and must move on their own. T=
herefore putting it in the driveway is out=C2=A0of the question but I might=
 need=C2=A0to sneak it in. I put a For Sale sign on it where it&#39;s locat=
ed and loads of calls and even a fair offer no where=C2=A0near what I have =
in it but with a deposit. Then the buyer bailed. A storage unit is too expe=
nsive and I have too much money in it now. I think th
 is little Bugeye is too much for me right now and I&#39;m looking for sugg=
estions/answers etc.</div><div><br></div><div>When the doors won&#39;t open=
 or close what damage is down the road for me?=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><d=
iv>Should I part it out?</div><div><br></div><div>Am I capable of the work =
on a shoestring budget being I can=C2=A0weld and have my own MIG and torch =
setup?</div><div><br></div><div>Anyone in NJ looking for a project?</div><d=
iv><br></div><div>Open to anything, the stress is keeping me from needed sl=
eep.</div><font color=3D"#888888"><div>Linda</div><div>--=C2=A0<br><div dir=
=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clar=
ici III, Spritenut<br></div></div></div></font></div><div></div><div></div>=
</div></div><div id=3D"gmail-m_8899251064765097274gmail-:2pg" style=3D"font=
-family:Roboto,RobotoDraft,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"></div><div><br></div=
>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>&quot;Pay if forward&quot; =
in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br></div></div></div></div>
</div>

</div>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
ets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small"=
>&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span>=
<br></div></div>

--000000000000e1139c05b48654ec--

--===============4444286365087447662==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============4444286365087447662==--