Subject: [Spridgets] small bore con rod orientation

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:17:17 -0600

--===============8229564988249004637==

--00000000000090d3f105b2d421f1

So I'm about ready to put the pistons on the rods for my new 948, the
pistons are pop-ups with valve cutouts so they must be oriented properly
when mounted to the rods. The trouble is that I didn't disassemble this
engine and can't find anything that tells me which way the rods go in and
its been 10 years since I assembled a 948.
The block is on the stand, if I'm looking down at the block and the oil
filter and genny mount are next to me, are the rod bolt heads pointing
towards me or away from me?   I'm thinking that they should point away from
me towards the cam, but it's 50:50 whether I'm right or not.
TIA for the help
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--00000000000090d3f105b2d421f1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>So I&#39;m about ready to put the pistons on the rods=
 for my new 948, the pistons are pop-ups with valve cutouts so they must be=
 oriented properly when mounted to the rods. The trouble is that I didn&#39=
;t disassemble this engine and can&#39;t find anything that tells me which =
way the rods go in and its been 10 years since I assembled a 948. <br></div=
><div>The block is on the stand, if I&#39;m looking down at the block and t=
he oil filter and genny mount are next to me, are the rod bolt heads pointi=
ng towards me or away from me? =C2=A0 I&#39;m thinking that they should poi=
nt away from me towards the cam, but it&#39;s 50:50 whether I&#39;m right o=
r not.</div><div>TIA for the help<br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><d=
iv>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div=
></div></div></div>

--00000000000090d3f105b2d421f1--

--===============8229564988249004637==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8229564988249004637==--